Paulding.com

Incident at the hospital?

from what i just seen Fox 5 is reporting a man was shot in the Kroger shopping center on Brownsville Rd and taken to Wellstar Paulding.

Well crap. That was right at my house!

But why go to Paulding Hospital if you're in Cobb? Was it maybe the old Winn Dixie at Brownsville and 92? I know how the news media gets things mixed up.

This is not a reflection on the hospital! This was an incident. It happened. Things like this happen everywhere and it doesn't reflect our community! The people that work with me sometimes get lumped in with the bad things that happen but we take care of the patient and have no control over how it happened. I hope no one is thinking that something like this is a bad reflection on the hospital or the county. We take a lot of pride in our facility and what we do!

• Like 1

Color me confused. If it didn't happen at the hospital why would the hospital be criticized?

Even if it did happen at the hospital, why would it be criticized?

While our hospital has some of the same flaws and issues as most other hospitals these days (which are generally due to government interference) overall, they seem to be doing a good job.

• Like 4

Color me confused. If it didn't happen at the hospital why would the hospital be criticized?

I'm just saying that some people confuse things that happen with the quality of the community and the hospital where the patient is taken. Shootings happen in DeKalb and Clayton and Fulton just like they happen in Paulding or Cobb or Forsyth.

Well crap. That was right at my house!

But why go to Paulding Hospital if you're in Cobb? Was it maybe the old Winn Dixie at Brownsville and 92? I know how the news media gets things mixed up.

Even from 92 and Brownsville--Douglas would be the closer hospital.

The Kroger where the incident happened is almost at 278. It's nowhere near Hwy. 92. Paulding county is the closest hospital from there.

Brownsville and James Parkway? 8 miles to Cobb, 7 1/2 to Paulding. Probably get in at the ER at Paulding faster though. Just seems odd to me that someone would go into another county, even if it's a half mile closer. They obviously knew Paulding County.

I can't find anything about this online. Really would like to know more about it. That's my old stomping grounds.

Brownsville and James Parkway? 8 miles to Cobb, 7 1/2 to Paulding. Probably get in at the ER at Paulding faster though. Just seems odd to me that someone would go into another county, even if it's a half mile closer. They obviously knew Paulding County.

I can't find anything about this online. Really would like to know more about it. That's my old stomping grounds.

Not odd at all to me. Paulding County hospital is on the corner at 278 and 120. The Kroger is almost at the corner of 278 and Brownsville. It's a straight shot down one road to Paulding hospital. That's exactly what I would have done as well. County lines wouldn't really come into play as far as I would be concerned. The most expedient route to the hospital that is easiest to get to is all I would concern myself with.

• Like 3

Not odd at all to me. Paulding County hospital is on the corner at 278 and 120. The Kroger is almost at the corner of 278 and Brownsville. It's a straight shot down one road to Paulding hospital. That's exactly what I would have done as well. County lines wouldn't really come into play as far as I would be concerned. The most expedient route to the hospital that is easiest to get to is all I would concern myself with.

Depends on the time of the day or night, too. There are times you could get to Cobb faster than having to go through all those traffic lights around Hiram. I've made it from my house, just down Hiram Lithia Springs Road from that Kroger, to Cobb Hospital in about 6 or 7 minutes. It can take that long to get from the county line to the skating rink. Depending on the time of the day or night though. I finally got to where I didn't go through Hiram to get to Dallas and I avoided 278 entirely. Too dang many traffic lights.

I wonder if maybe they had passed by Paulding on their way to Kroger and remembered it. Or maybe like me, just hated going to Cobb. I avoided that place like the plaque but I think for a gunshot wound, I would have gone there even if it meant a half mile further drive.

Depends on the time of the day or night, too. There are times you could get to Cobb faster than having to go through all those traffic lights around Hiram. I've made it from my house, just down Hiram Lithia Springs Road from that Kroger, to Cobb Hospital in about 6 or 7 minutes. It can take that long to get from the county line to the skating rink. Depending on the time of the day or night though. I finally got to where I didn't go through Hiram to get to Dallas and I avoided 278 entirely. Too dang many traffic lights.

I wonder if maybe they had passed by Paulding on their way to Kroger and remembered it. Or maybe like me, just hated going to Cobb. I avoided that place like the plaque but I think for a gunshot wound, I would have gone there even if it meant a half mile further drive.

Maybe they had no idea where Cobb hospital is. Maybe they had no idea it even exists. Maybe they haven't lived in the area for years and years like you did and don't know their way around. Maybe they asked someone in the parking lot where the closest hospital is and maybe someone in the parking lot directed them to Paulding hospital. If they had asked me, those would be the directions I would have given them. Maybe the green left turn arrow was lit when they pulled up and it easier to turn left onto 278 than to sit in a line of traffic to turn right. Who knows. Maybe it was this, maybe it was that. They aren't you so they didn't do what you would have done! What difference does it make?

• Like 1

Maybe they had no idea where Cobb hospital is. Maybe they had no idea it even exists. Maybe they haven't lived in the area for years and years like you did and don't know their way around. Maybe they asked someone in the parking lot where the closest hospital is and maybe someone in the parking lot directed them to Paulding hospital. If they had asked me, those would be the directions I would have given them. Maybe the green left turn arrow was lit when they pulled up and it easier to turn left onto 278 than to sit in a line of traffic to turn right. Who knows. Maybe it was this, maybe it was that. They aren't you so they didn't do what you would have done! What difference does it make?

And it is totally possible they didn't know Cobb existed. Maybe they did and like me hated dealing with Cobb. I totally understand that one. It was much closer for me to go to Cobb than Paulding (when they were in Dallas) and I still went to Paulding. In fact, if I were there now, I'd go to Paulding for things instead of Cobb. I've been known to drive by a hospital to get to one I liked dealing with better. I really missed Parkway.

If there had been a car in the Paulding WS Hospital parking lot, riddled with bullet holes and covered in blood. How did it get there? If it was In that condition, don't you think the injured person would have been bleeding too much to take the chance of going to the hospital by car. Why not ambulance? The ambulance would have been a wiser and better mode of transportation. Just a lot of questions going thru my little pea brain.

• Like 1

The Kroger where the incident happened is almost at 278. It's nowhere near Hwy. 92. Paulding county is the closest hospital from there.

If you read the whole thing--you would have realized that I was responding to her comment wondering if they were at 92 and Brownsville--not the one right off CH James. :rolleyes:

If you read the whole thing--you would have realized that I was responding to her comment wondering if they were at 92 and Brownsville--not the one right off CH James. :rolleyes:

I read the whole thing, each and every post. I know what you were responding to and was just trying to reiterate that it was not on the Douglasville end of Brownsville. Things get muddy quick when erroneous information is thrown into a conversation.

Edited by SusieQ404

I read the whole thing, each and every post. I know what you were responding to and was just trying to reiterate that it was not on the Douglasville end of Brownsville. Things get muddy quick when erroneous information is thrown into a conversation.

Whatever--as long as you are happy.

Seriously. After all of this arguing do we even know if it's true? LOL

I have wondered the same thing. No incident reports with Cobb Police (and yes, that is city of Powder Springs but they might have asked Cobb to investigate). Nothing on any of the TV stations. Nothing in the Marietta paper. Nothing in the AJC.

Considering how the news media loves to cover shootings, I have my doubts about the story being true. Maybe the person is like someone who lives close by me here and likes a car with bullet holes.

Seriously. After all of this arguing do we even know if it's true? LOL

It was on the local news. There was quite a bit about this on one of the Paulding related pages on Facebook. Someone was actually at the hospital for unrelated reasons and posted pictures believe it or not. She posted pictures of the police presence, of the gun and of a "puddle" of blood. She did indicate that she didn't see blood everywhere or even any bullet holes in the BMW. You can read the rest of the speculation and so forth here: https://www.facebook.com/PauldingCountyUncensored/?fref=ts

There isn't Kroger @ Hwy 92 & Brownsville Rd. That's a Food Depot. I think there's a Food Depot at C H James Pkwy and Brownsville, also. Although, It's been a while since I was in that area.

There isn't Kroger @ Hwy 92 & Brownsville Rd. That's a Food Depot. I think there's a Food Depot at C H James Pkwy and Brownsville, also. Although, It's been a while since I was in that area.

No Food Depot at James and Brownsville unless it's changed from a church in the last couple of years. A mega church from somewhere around southwest Atlanta had remodeled that old Winn Dixie and moved in there probably five years ago. There is a Food Depot at Veterans Memorial and Thornton.

Not a lot of choices for grocery stores in that area.