Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
michaelsudan

The Beginning of the End for Airport Expansion?

They don't care.

So, I should write down your name as being among those who favor a $150+ million bond issue for sewerage treatment facilities? We'll solve the problem with a rapid expansion of the system financed on the front end with taxes instead of all the rigmarole of a revenue bond. I'll start a PAC in favor of such a thing if there is interest and we'll go to the city and county and demand they authorize expansion of the system and address issues such as failing septic, etc.

Can't promise it will serve your home nor can I promise it will open more land to development. It can, however, be based on retro-fit and reserve sewerage allocation for retro-fit use instead of new construction.

That would be doing something. That would be showing I care.

So, do you care? Actions speak louder than words.

pubby

PS: If Whitey goes along, it would be the first bond issue he's every been in favor of in my recollection.

Why did the city use the millions to run sewage and water to the airport. on a over used system that need major upgrading ?

and its not even in the city of Dallas ... We need a moratorium on building until the city fixes the problems

this is crap literally

are the local news stations aware of this .. it would make a nice little story for them.

Edited by secondhandsmith
  • Like 1

So, I should write down your name as being among those who favor a $150+ million bond issue for sewerage treatment facilities? We'll solve the problem with a rapid expansion of the system financed on the front end with taxes instead of all the rigmarole of a revenue bond. I'll start a PAC in favor of such a thing if there is interest and we'll go to the city and county and demand they authorize expansion of the system and address issues such as failing septic, etc.

Can't promise it will serve your home nor can I promise it will open more land to development. It can, however, be based on retro-fit and reserve sewerage allocation for retro-fit use instead of new construction.

That would be doing something. That would be showing I care.

So, do you care? Actions speak louder than words.

pubby

PS: If Whitey goes along, it would be the first bond issue he's every been in favor of in my recollection.

I care and you don't know of any actions I have taken.

And you can write down my name anywhere you want to.

I care and you don't know of any actions I have taken.

And you can write down my name anywhere you want to.

How screwed up are things, when we can't get everyone to agree that having raw sewage going into our local waterways is a bad thing?

• Like 1

How screwed up are things, when we can't get everyone to agree that having raw sewage going into our local waterways is a bad thing?

Obviously it's not a bad thing according to some, including our "leaders".

I don't think anyone believes that raw sewage being dumped into creeks is a good thing. Just because folks don't want to crucify the city of Dallas mayor and council doesn't mean they approve.

pubby

You must utilize an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing as indoor plumbing leads to sewage that is treated at sewage treatment plants.

I know this sounds silly

You are correct,it is silly.Even though we do have indoor plumbing most of paulding county homes are still on septic tanks.

Edited by Gone

I don't think anyone believes that raw sewage being dumped into creeks is a good thing. Just because folks don't want to crucify the city of Dallas mayor and council doesn't mean they approve.

pubby

Maybe you're getting senile or maybe you spout so much BS that you have no idea what you have said or written.

Go back and reread your post(s) where you defend nothing being done about the raw sewage being spilled into our waterways and where you tried to compare it to a "dog turd" being washed into a stream.

Let me ask you one question, does anyone (except the voices in your head) ever agree with your crap?

I must miss those posts.

Edited by stradial
  • Like 2

Just curious, why are you attacking Pubby when he had/has nothing to do with raw sewage being dumped into local creeks/streams?

My take is perhaps he is just providing the reality as to why it is happening.

Jeeze folks.

Just curious, why are you attacking Pubby when he had/has nothing to do with raw sewage being dumped into local creeks/streams?

My take is perhaps he is just providing the reality as to why it is happening.

Jeeze folks.

We disagree on why and what he is saying.

Providing facts is one thing, making excuses and trying to minimize facts are another.

Pubby will spout whatever "facts" and "truths" pay the most.

He told me so himself and excused it by saying "that's capitalism and I'm a capitalist".

• Like 1

We disagree on why and what he is saying.

Providing facts is one thing, making excuses and trying to minimize facts are another.

Pubby will spout whatever "facts" and "truths" pay the most.

He told me so himself and excused it by saying "that's capitalism and I'm a capitalist".

Your hate for him is something between him and you. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with raw sewage being dumped and to make him somehow responsible is wrong. My take is that he is saying that paying the fines is cheaper than fixing it so that is what they are doing.

I don't see how he could possibility be getting paid for that stance.

Rocky's Mom,

I guess the bottom line is, when you consider someone a friend, you defend them, you tell people they are wrong about them, that they really are a good person and then you have that "friend" write that you are a racist, a homophobe and that you are led by a political party, when that "friend" knows for a fact that you are none of those things.

When that "friend" says those false things just to promote their own agenda, then you start to examine that relationship.

Then things that bothered you, things that you tried to excuse for one reason or another, all start to make a pattern.

And when that pattern emerges into the picture of a person, a person that is not honest, not caring about others, someone else with no core values and morals, then you feel betrayed and used.

I don't give my friendship lightly, nor do I give up on my friends easily, but when you lie about me like Pubby did, just to make a political point, then you have not only lost me as a friend, you have created an enemy.

I don't have many enemies, but Pubby is one.

• Like 2

Your hate for him is something between him and you. I seriously doubt he has anything to do with raw sewage being dumped and to make him somehow responsible is wrong. My take is that he is saying that paying the fines is cheaper than fixing it so that is what they are doing.

I don't see how he could possibility be getting paid for that stance.

I don't know that he is getting paid for any stance.

I just know his tune sure has changed since his meeting with Mike Jones, David Austin and Lana Skipper.

You remember that meeting, the one where Pubby said the county was thinking of suing him, but decided he didn't have anything worth suing for.

The measure of a man is not when he stands up for what is easy to stand up for.

It is when he stands up for what he believes is right and just, when the odds are against him.

But you are correct, it's personal, but if I thought what was saying made sense (to me), I would not comment either way.

This has fallen to a slugfest of personal grudges and a cage match of opposing camps. Let's agree to disagree, play nice, turn the other cheek, and act like decent human beings. We all make mistakes and misunderstand others. Give it a break, people.

Helen