Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
michaelsudan

The Beginning of the End for Airport Expansion?

My sister lives within walking distance of downtown Villa Rica. They really have their stuff together over there. They have all kinds of restaurants, shops and events. She loves it.

• Like 3

Dallas got left out because of backward thinking. They don't want progress.

I'm still having a problem with the sewage issue. Does NO ONE care? I do.

I try very hard to lessen my footprint, and encourage my children to do the same. This will be their land and drinking water as well as their children and so on and so on.

Once the land is damaged and the water is poisoned, there's nothing left.

• Like 1

Newbie in New Hope and Pubby

FYI the election results posted for the 2014 GENERAL ELECTION clearly reflects that from 46% to 48.5% of all registered voters voted in the General election for positions of all state offices and all county offices including Commission post and Board of Education post.\

Pubby JSUK in Post #2 46% of the registered voters voted of the 17,519 that are registered Todd Pownall got 5,558 Patti Smith got 2283 and there was 18 write ins

Any way you want to look at it this was a landslide

Dallas got left out because of backward thinking. They don't want progress.

I'm still having a problem with the sewage issue. Does NO ONE care? I do.

I try very hard to lessen my footprint, and encourage my children to do the same. This will be their land and drinking water as well as their children and so on and so on.

Once the land is damaged and the water is poisoned, there's nothing left.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, but some things are just to obvious to miss.

When I lived, for a short time, in Paulding back in '92, the city limits of Hiram were confined to the old town next to the RR tracks.

Dallas was the big dog and Hiram was just a puppy.

Fast forward to 2016.

Dallas hasn't grown, some might say it regressed, and is no longer on the porch, heck, it is barely in the same yard.

Yet Hiram is not only the big dog on the porch, it is barking loudly.

Why?

Because the citizens and elected officials of Hiram embraced and welcomed progress and growth, while the citizens and elected officials of Dallas, blocked progress and growth.

Both have the right to do either one, but each has to accept the results and consequences of either choice.

But it is kinda funny that while many are yelling about people not wanting progress and growth, they never mention the citizens and elected officials in the city of Dallas.

And if I understood pubby's point, if it is cheaper to pay the fines than fix the problem, then just keep the sewage flowing and pay the fines.

Sounds like Pubby is one of them Republicans he used to rail about.

• Like 2

Newbie in New Hope and Pubby

FYI the election results posted for the 2014 GENERAL ELECTION clearly reflects that from 46% to 48.5% of all registered voters voted in the General election for positions of all state offices and all county offices including Commission post and Board of Education post.\

Pubby JSUK in Post #2 46% of the registered voters voted of the 17,519 that are registered Todd Pownall got 5,558 Patti Smith got 2283 and there was 18 write ins

Any way you want to look at it this was a landslide

Whitey ... that was the general election. All the decisions of who would be the Republican candidate and odds-on favorite was made in the May 2014 primary. I obviously was not a candidate in Nov. and the observation that Todd won in Crimson Red Paulding County over the liberal lady and Democratic Candidate Patti Smith is superfluous. Neither Vernon or Tony even had Democratic challengers.

pubby

pubby

And if I understood pubby's point, if it is cheaper to pay the fines than fix the problem, then just keep the sewage flowing and pay the fines.

Sounds like Pubby is one of them Republicans he used to rail about.

That is not my point at all ... it is my observation of what they decided to do. I just find it hard to get excited about old news - that news being that the city of Dallas is a chronic violator of the state's laws regarding dumping of effluent and will likely remain one until the plant responsible for the violations is closed.

pubby

PS: I think the perception of old white men who are generally conservative does make me sound more Republican than a woman like Patti Smith ... I do think that helped her in the Democratic Primary ... given the Republican's war on women - especially out spoken women - hurt her in the general election.

pubby

That is not my point at all ... it is my observation of what they decided to do. I just find it hard to get excited about old news - that news being that the city of Dallas is a chronic violator of the state's laws regarding dumping of effluent and will likely remain one until the plant responsible for the violations is closed.

pubby

PS: I think the perception of old white men who are generally conservative does make me sound more Republican than a woman like Patti Smith ... I do think that helped her in the Democratic Primary ... given the Republican's war on women - especially out spoken women - hurt her in the general election.

pubby

That is exactly what you wrote.

Sure...the fact that she came across as a wacky lady had nothing to do with it.

Well, we all have our idiosyncrasies......

Very true.

I am a great example of that.

Just for the record, I'm not saying I would have done better.

pubby

pubby

Pubby this occurred at a lift station on merchants Drive not at the treatment facility on old Cartersville road you are not even in the same area, this is along side Logan creek and the huge subdivision across the street. THIS IS AGAINST THE LAW and was not properly posted. We are dealing with human beings in America not some third world country!!!

Whitey ... that was the general election. All the decisions of who would be the Republican candidate and odds-on favorite was made in the May 2014 primary. I obviously was not a candidate in Nov. and the observation that Todd won in Crimson Red Paulding County over the liberal lady and Democratic Candidate Patti Smith is superfluous. Neither Vernon or Tony even had Democratic challengers.

pubby

pubby

You and the other poster and a few other losers have been railing about low turnout

I n your post # 2 ,46 % of the voters turned out and Pownall won by a landslide, yet you harp daily about a low turn out.

Hell Boyd Austin got less than 500 votes yet he is the Chairman of the IBA vice Chair of the airport authority, mayor of Dallas and despite his regular spillage of raw sewerage sits at least two environmental water control boards as does his brother.

Worst that that Doris Devey got 98 votes and sat on the IBA and the PCAA.

You and the other poster and a few other losers have been railing about low turnout

I n your post # 2 ,46 % of the voters turned out and Pownall won by a landslide, yet you harp daily about a low turn out.

Hell Boyd Austin got less than 500 votes yet he is the Chairman of the IBA vice Chair of the airport authority, mayor of Dallas and despite his regular spillage of raw sewerage sits at least two environmental water control boards as does his brother.

Worst that that Doris Devey got 98 votes and sat on the IBA and the PCAA.

Just always type, "the majority of people that voted", and end the nit picking.

doo%20doo%20creek%202_zpsfq0kvgg3.jpga

THIS BEAUTIFUL 20 FOOT WATERFALL IS A FEW HUNDRED FEET FROM THE PLANT ON BUSINESS 6

YOU CAN WATCH THE DOO DOO COME OVER IT ! THE CITY OF DALLAS HAS AVERAGED Spilled over 1200 GALLONS OF TURDS/ WASTE ? BLOOD / A DAY OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS ,,,,ITS DAMN NASTY

67000 gallons at once not a month ago ,,how the hell do you call that just a spill ....you spill a glass of water

Its going right in to the water you will be drinking in a few years

4,574,560 gallons of untreated sewage in the last 10 years !!yes thats millions

http://green-law.org/item/83820?mode=p

Edited by secondhandsmith
  • Like 1

doo%20doo%20creek_zps1uj7ugtf.jpg

Beautiful but stinks !!!

They just keep paying fines ... it just doesn't matter to the city ....guess they figure that's the easy way out instead of repairs ... cough ... cough .../ they just turn the nasty loose ,,, i mean spill it

These were taken a week ago ,,, just a few hundred feet behind the sewage plant off business 6

its kinda hard to access it . and you have to hold your nose ..

And its at the base of the Inert landfill.... way to go City of Dallas

• Like 1

I guess I just don't get it.

Does the EPA know? And they don't care?

Somebody somewhere has to care. How can you just continually for years dump raw sewage into our creeks and no one in authority care?

Somebody somewhere has to care. How can you just continually for years dump raw sewage into our creeks and no one in authority care?

Well....here's one person that doesn't care.

Hell, even the raw sewerage emitted by wildlife exceeds the sewerage deposited in the greater basin over the course of a year.

pubby

• Like 1

I have talked to a couple who live near the creek. It has had an impact on the quality of their lives. This needs to stop, BTW I think the How may be because the city is fined. That is another whole story.

Edited by NewsJunky

I have talked to a couple who live near the creek. It has had an impact n the quality of their lives. This needs to stop, BTW I think the How may be because the city is fined. That is another whole story.

But, but, but...

"Hell, even the raw sewerage emitted by wildlife exceeds the sewerage deposited in the greater basin over the course of a year." - pubby

When I lived, for a short time, in Paulding back in '92,

I'm curious. Are you saying that you don't live in Paulding County now and that you haven't since 1992?

Where do you live? Based on your comment, I'm just curious. :)

Since the sewage spill has surfaced on this site I must voice my opinion. First of all Pubby, unless this has personally

impacted your life your turd analogies are insulting. Everything that has a negative impact on the enviornment is a serious issue in my book. I was taught that we are to be good stewards with land we have been given.

for the go

people and not for a select few.

So, you must not drive a car or have family members and friends that drive cars because the emissions of vehicles potentially harms the air that we breathe.

You must utilize an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing as indoor plumbing leads to sewage that is treated at sewage treatment plants.

You must be using solar power in making your above post because the hydro electric facilities and nuclear power plants have potential to harm the environment.

I know this sounds silly but as you can see from my comments, I found your above post to be comical.

But, but, but...

"Hell, even the raw sewerage emitted by wildlife exceeds the sewerage deposited in the greater basin over the course of a year." - pubby

Frankly, that whole element of the discussion was in reference to the exaggerated danger to the Richland Creek reservoir that Whitey alleged was going to be showing floaters from the dump in Dallas. No so; the amount of fecal matter from runoff of creek land, pastures, and woods will far exceed the paltry 67,000 gallons of untreated sewerage from the city of Dallas after it meanders through the dozens of streams and creeks and enters the Etowah River just west of the Allatoona dam ... especially considering that the majority of the flow into Richland Creek will come from Allatoona's mandatory water releases which totally dwarf that of the Pumpkinvine Creek.

Spinning suggestions and words to suggest that I'm uncaring is distortion and a lie. But hey, considering that you once said you would never ever post here again, we already know that about you.

pubby

Wow, just wow.

Never thought I would see the day when people were willing to openly

defend and excuse the dumping of RAW SEWAGE into our waterways.

:wacko:

• Like 6

I'm curious. Are you saying that you don't live in Paulding County now and that you haven't since 1992?

Where do you live? Based on your comment, I'm just curious. :)

Beach Bum, not sure why your confused, but here you go.

In my 57 yrs, I have lived in Cobb County, starting when I came home from being born, 4 different times (numerous locations), in Fulton County 2 different times (2 locations), in Cherokee County 1 time (2 locations) and in Paulding County 2 times (3 locations).

Hope this helps.

ETA, if I wasn't a citizen of Paulding, why would I be meeting with Mr. Swafford, Mr. Carmichael and attending Paulding County town hall meetings?

Since every county has it's issues and problems, I would be doing these things in the county I lived in.

Heck, some of our surrounding counties have issues that are a lot more interesting.

Take the Cobb commissioner who suggested moving I-285 to run underneath Cobb Pkwy.

Frankly, that whole element of the discussion was in reference to the exaggerated danger to the Richland Creek reservoir that Whitey alleged was going to be showing floaters from the dump in Dallas. No so; the amount of fecal matter from runoff of creek land, pastures, and woods will far exceed the paltry 67,000 gallons of untreated sewerage from the city of Dallas after it meanders through the dozens of streams and creeks and enters the Etowah River just west of the Allatoona dam ... especially considering that the majority of the flow into Richland Creek will come from Allatoona's mandatory water releases which totally dwarf that of the Pumpkinvine Creek.

Spinning suggestions and words to suggest that I'm uncaring is distortion and a lie. But hey, considering that you once said you would never ever post here again, we already know that about you.

pubby

So based on your post above, you must really think Calvin Thomas is a HUGE liar.

I'm sure that you have called him out on that, right?

Edited by stradial

So, you must not drive a car or have family members and friends that drive cars because the emissions of vehicles potentially harms the air that we breathe.

You must utilize an outhouse instead of indoor plumbing as indoor plumbing leads to sewage that is treated at sewage treatment plants.

You must be using solar power in making your above post because the hydro electric facilities and nuclear power plants have potential to harm the environment.

I know this sounds silly but as you can see from my comments, I found your above post to be comical.

I find your most to be the most arsine post that I have ever seen you post.

This sewerage spill was raw sewerage that never made it to the treatment plant but was rather spewed out of a sewer lift station a few feet from Merchants Drive and was 67,000 thousands of gallons of raw sewerage that went onto the ground and into the creeks and streams of Paulding County.

The folks who live in this area have been subjected to this raw sewerage for quite some time over the years and the city of Dallas has paid Numerous fines for dumping raw sewerage into the creeks and streams in their neighborhood.

The City of Dallas issued Bonds for NEW SEWER LINES AND OUTFALL for the Airport just recently cost was over $3,100,000 and NO ONE that's right NO ONE is connected to the sewer line they just ran to the airport except the airport!!!! They had to have the sewer for Commercial Passenger service and the IBA did the BOND for the City of Dallas!!!!

Heck unless the airport recently tied in to the sewer no one is connected to that extension... What in the world would the city of Dallas be running sewer to the airport, that is not in the city limits of DALLAS IS IT?????

Wow, just wow.

You can trust Pubby, after all, he is an expert on scheist.

• Like 1

pubby

Pubby one of the major concerns that I have with this spill is it was not the first one in that area there have been many.

The mayor of Dallas Boyd Austin was aware of the problem, as well as the CEO and Chairman of the Board of Commissioners David Austin were also aware of it as well as the Commissioner of Post #1 Dave Carmichael who was also aware of it. .

The Austin Boys sit on the Industrial Building Authority and had to be involved in spending $3,100,000 to run sewerage to the airport rather that to fix the sewerage problems in Dallas, Carmichael was also on the Airport authority AT ONE TIME.AND I BELIEVEALSO SERVED ON THE IBA AS WELL.

The creek and run off , runs through subdivisions in the immediate area and becomes a health and safety issue with those in close proximity of the spill area.

This is putting the health and safety of the kids who play in that area in danger and needs to be corrected at once

• Like 5

pubby

They have dumped over 4,50000 million gallons of sheet over the last 10 years ..........DRINK UP !!!Im sure the water will have some flavor to your liking

• Like 1

Wow, just wow.

That right there. Raw Human Sewage.

• Like 1

Oh, dumping raw sewage, human waste into our lakes and streams is no big deal. :nea:

This problem on Merchants drive has been ongoing for almost 20 years, everyone in the city of Dallas from Boyd to Kendal knows it and even Carmichael came out, looked at it, acknowledged they had a problem and they never heard from him again. This is in Post 1.

Dallas just keeps paying the fines and the taxpayers keep paying the fines.

Through 2009, Dallas had dumped 2078 times into Pumpkinvine creek and had been fined. Then we stopped getting news releases about it. In 2010 Boyd was appointed by governor Sonny Perdue to the Georgia Environmental Finance Committee............hmmmm.

Then in 2011, he was elected chairman of the North Georgia Water Planning District More hmmmmmmmmmmm

http://green-law.org/item/83820?mode=p

In 5 years from 2004-2009 the city was fined $246,000 by the EPD for 2078 raw sewage dumps totaling 4,574,560 gallons.

<snip> Despite incurring fines totaling $246,000 levied by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (EPD) over the past five years, this suburban community, located 32 miles northwest of Atlanta, has refused to take action to prevent repeated sewage overflows into Pumpkinvine Creek, a tributary of the Etowah River in the Coosa River Basin. -

http://www.southeastgreen.com/index.php/news/georgia/956-city-of-dallas-notified-of-prospective-lawsuit-on-wastewater-pollution

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Beach Bum I think you are paid to be a smart A$$ on p-com. I hope the karma train visits you and dumps a load of crap right in your back yard. I thought pcom was a board to discuss issues but I see that it is not. You seem to thrive on making insulting remarks.

• Like 6

Now back to the airport. What the heck did they do with over $800,000 we gave the airport authority in less than a year? Why didn't they make the bond payment? And how in the world is this Pownall, Crowe and Collett's fault when they had NOTHING to do with any of the contracts?!?!?!?!?

I have a feeling the called meeting tomorrow is going to be "special"!!

Edited by tundra

Now back to the airport. What the heck did they do with over $800,000 we gave the airport authority in less than a year? Why didn't they make the bond payment? And how in the world is this Pownall, Crowe and Collett's fault when they had NOTHING to do with any of the contracts?!?!?!?!?

I have a feeling the called meeting tomorrow is going to be "special"!

Oh, crap! I'm downwind from the courthouse.

• Like 1

They have dumped over 4,50000 million gallons of sheet over the last 10 years ..........DRINK UP !!!Im sure the water will have some flavor to your liking

What is really disturbing to me is I just found out today that the creek is really called griffin creek and guess where it flows to????

Well folks according to some folks that live in the area I am told that it flows though Sara Babb Park in Dallas which is real close to the area where the 67,000 gallons was spilled..

Whoa...... that is the Park that was closed down awhile back due to some kind of bacterial contamination. In the swimming area.

• Like 2