Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
michaelsudan

The Beginning of the End for Airport Expansion?

some people dont like change ,when the airport is bankrupt and the taxpayers are broke. these same people will move on to the next thing to gripe about,.....send in the clowns

• Like 1

This was one of the shadiest deal that I have ever seen by any elected officials in Paulding County,

I disagree. Everything these folks did to keep the wraps on things was authorized by the Sam Olens 2012 rewrite of the Open Records/Open Meetings law. I disagreed with that policy change and this distrust is the likely outcome but the idea that these folks were doing anything illegal is silly.

The way the commercialization of the airport was brought about was shady. I expect the elected officials in my county to not act in a shady way. I'm not sure how everyone can't agree with this. When you can't be honest and upfront with the people you are representing I don't trust you to do the right thing. It's that simple.

You've got to look at the motivations ... and the outcome. The motivation for secrecy was obviously because Delta and the powers that be surrounding Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport are very jealous of their stranglehold on the market and would do whatever they could to wreck any effort by any entity to offer commercial passenger service in the Atlanta metropolitan area. This understanding drove the effort for secrecy.

Similarly the anti-airport forces have also operated stealthily with 'secret' funders of law suits and engaging elements of the tea party to politicize the issue and in so doing, fund the ascension into office of the most regressive politicians in Paulding's history.

When the history of the county is written, the latter insult to the body politic will be responsible for the greatest amount of damage.

Do you have a personal experience where Todd was insincere to you personally?

Yes.

This is not a fantasy. The ridiculous turnout to the last local election proves this. Plus, get out of your circle, and ask Joe Paulding Citizen. You throw out a statement like this saying it's not based on facts. A whopping 14.4% of the county turned out for this election. That means that 85% of the county did not give a rat's @ss about your revenge vendetta on this airport. http://www.ajc.com/news/business/anti-airport-commercialization-candidates-win-race/nf458/. Actually, my number now seems a little low.

Most either don't know or don't care about this. I'm not saying this is right, it just is.

Folks in Bentwater, Seven Hills, Senator's Ridge and other North and East Paulding neighborhoods only come into Dallas to get their tags or go to the courthouse. They don't eat here, don't shop here and don't care about politics here. They care about the schools, that's it. Most have Acworth addresses.

I understand and respect that the folks in Yorkville and Beulah are passionate about this. But...they are terribly outnumbered by folks who pay a ton into this county, but could care less if planes start taking off from the other side of the county. Most of us on this side of the county have C130's flying overhead all the time now, sometimes so low that we can literally wave at the crew (which most of us think is pretty cool). We don't empathize with the woods on the far side of the county. Again, I'm not saying this is right, it's just reality.

Actually, it is worse than the 85-15% split you note. The total votes cast in local races - the three post commission races up for election in 2014 - had a total of just over 5000 votes of the approximately 80,000 registered voters. That is closer to seven percent of the registered voters than the 15% you cite.

On another point, New Georgia is in the holding pattern for Hartsfield and some of the jets waiting to land come over this part of the county at distances that would be at most 1-2 miles in the air and, since planes landing at HJ are much larger than could be accommodated here (they can be quite loud) I would personally stand to benefit from a change in the landing and circling patterns.

As far as the choice of Propeller to withhold the bond payments on part of the debt, I would hope they would place them in escrow in an effort to entice the anti-commissioners to adopt a more conciliatory approach that would encompass compromise.

I did note that some have said no one has been suggesting compromise on this issue from the get go. I object. In November 2013 I said the commission should request that the state change the law regarding the airport authority to force it to have a public referendum on any bond issue for expansion of the runways beyond a specific length - say 6500 feet - and write that into law. That would have allowed the project to proceed with the facility being used for small regional jets while leaving it up to the voters in general to decide if the airport expands beyond its single limited length runway.

pubby

So y'all just believe what ever a politician tells you and then when you find out it's a lie don't believe they should be held accountable?

Guess y'all are voting for hillary

• Like 1

some people dont like change ,when the airport is bankrupt and the taxpayers are broke. these same people will move on to the next thing to gripe about,.....send in the clowns

No actually my $20 bet is on the anti-commissioners throwing up their hands and selling the facility to HJ ... which would mean that Delta would be in control of the airport ... and we'd be looking at the construction of a couple of 9,000 ft. runways in the decade following the ultimate shell game sellout.

pubby

I disagree. Everything these folks did to keep the wraps on things was authorized by the Sam Olens 2012 rewrite of the Open Records/Open Meetings law. I disagreed with that policy change and this distrust is the likely outcome but the idea that these folks were doing anything illegal is silly.

You've got to look at the motivations ... and the outcome. The motivation for secrecy was obviously because Delta and the powers that be surrounding Atlanta's Hartsfield Airport are very jealous of their stranglehold on the market and would do whatever they could to wreck any effort by any entity to offer commercial passenger service in the Atlanta metropolitan area. This understanding drove the effort for secrecy.

Similarly the anti-airport forces have also operated stealthily with 'secret' funders of law suits and engaging elements of the tea party to politicize the issue and in so doing, fund the ascension into office of the most regressive politicians in Paulding's history.

When the history of the county is written, the latter insult to the body politic will be responsible for the greatest amount of damage.

Yes.

Actually, it is worse than the 85-15% split you note. The total votes cast in local races - the three post commission races up for election in 2014 - had a total of just over 5000 votes of the approximately 80,000 registered voters. That is closer to seven percent of the registered voters than the 15% you cite.

On another point, New Georgia is in the holding pattern for Hartsfield and some of the jets waiting to land come over this part of the county at distances that would be at most 1-2 miles in the air and, since planes landing at HJ are much larger than could be accommodated here (they can be quite loud) I would personally stand to benefit from a change in the landing and circling patterns.

As far as the choice of Propeller to withhold the bond payments on part of the debt, I would hope they would place them in escrow in an effort to entice the anti-commissioners to adopt a more conciliatory approach that would encompass compromise.

I did note that some have said no one has been suggesting compromise on this issue from the get go. I object. In November 2013 I said the commission should request that the state change the law regarding the airport authority to force it to have a public referendum on any bond issue for expansion of the runways beyond a specific length - say 6500 feet - and write that into law. That would have allowed the project to proceed with the facility being used for small regional jets while leaving it up to the voters in general to decide if the airport expands beyond its single limited length runway.

pubby

Pubby I hate to beat a dead horse but......Everything you have said in the above post is something that you campaigned on in 2014 the citizens of this county rejected you and your positions by a over whelming number of votes you were defeated by a land slide..... get over it.

The open meetings law was violated, and so was the provisions contained in the Industrial Building Authority's constitutional amendment to the constitution of the STATE OF GEORGIA.

Let the cases be heard... we are not going to be run over like the county ran over the Morrison's, It is important that our leaders are held to the laws of the state of Georgia.

Contracts are binding on everyone, help us see that all contracts are upheld..

Promises and commitments mean something, help us make the airport authority and David and Boyd Austin live up to those promises and commitments.

Hell a few weeks ago THOUSANDS OF GALLONS of raw sewerage was discharged by the city of Dallas GEORGIA into Logan creek (Just East of your old office on merchants Drive) and this has been occurring quite often.

Using the analogy of you and some other posters in this thread only a few know about this and no one cares so we should just forget it because it was not in my back yard.

I can tell you for a dead certain fact this issue is not going away and will not be swept under the rug anymore, If this County can spend MILLIONS to provide sewer and water for the airport then they owe it to the citizens to stop the sewerage spills and to do the proper cleanup on the spill areas.

The Austin boys are not above the law, and they have no right to dump raw sewerage into the streams and creeks of Paulding County that may soon become our drinking water

Pubby something is amiss when we can spend millions for water to a airport and cannot provide water to a church/ and citizens on Mount Moriah road where they can hold service on Sundays. I sincerely hope and pray that the next pastor that is asked to pray before the commissioners meeting, as we always do that he will pray that the water department will run water the few hundred feet to the church.

$70,000,000 on a airport and churches without water and raw sewerage in the creeks that will in the near future be our drinking water....... We can do better even if less than the so called 10% are the only ones complaining.

• Like 5

Yes.

pubby

Since you had lied on here, to me personally, I have no reason to believe a word you say, even if it is as small as a 3 letter word.

Quit blaming Todd for your pitiful showing at the polls.

A drunk NASA monkey could have beat you.

As for the rest of your ramblings...seek help.

• Like 4

I started to say that we have a bunch of drunk NASA monkeys in Washington DC. Then I realized that saying that would be an insult to drunk NASA monkeys everywhere.

True

• Like 1

Isn't the airport issue ultimately about taxation ? ? ?

We are now on the hook for $3.6 million in bonds...

All the risk and no reward is not a good deal for taxpayers.

8)

We are not on the hook for 3.6 million. The FAA is going to reimburse 90% of that amount. Silver Comet Terminal Partners was going to make the bond payments for the County until the FAA reimbursed the County, who in turn would reimburse Silver Comet at that time.

• Like 1

Who got to vote on the 3.6 million bond, and when? I don't recall this being voted on

by the people, only by certain people who stand to make a profit. Maybe the bond should just default.

• Like 1

Who got to vote on the 3.6 million bond, and when? I don't recall this being voted on

by the people, only by certain people who stand to make a profit. Maybe the bond should just default.

Defaulting on this bond would result in the county's credit rating to be reduced, thus increasing the cost of future borrowing. Not a good move in light of the significant borrowing needs the county needs for the reservoir.

• Like 2

Maybe they should have thought about that before they did this under the table,

I still say the people that did the under the table should have to pay from their

or their buddies pocket, since they are the only ones that made money on it.

Follow the money, Who did grading, and other things that wouldn't have been

done if not for the airport.

• Like 1

Pubby I hate to beat a dead horse but......Everything you have said in the above post is something that you campaigned on in 2014 the citizens of this county rejected you and your positions by a over whelming number of votes you were defeated by a land slide..... get over it.

The open meetings law was violated, and so was the provisions contained in the Industrial Building Authority's constitutional amendment to the constitution of the STATE OF GEORGIA.

Let the cases be heard... we are not going to be run over like the county ran over the Morrison's, It is important that our leaders are held to the laws of the state of Georgia.

Promises and commitments mean something, help us make the airport authority and David and Boyd Austin live up to those promises and commitments.

Hell a few weeks ago THOUSANDS OF GALLONS of raw sewerage was discharged by the city of Dallas GEORGIA into Logan creek (Just East of your old office on merchants Drive) and this has been occurring quite often.

Using the analogy of you and some other posters in this thread only a few know about this and no one cares so we should just forget it because it was not in my back yard.

I can tell you for a dead certain fact this issue is not going away and will not be swept under the rug anymore, If this County can spend MILLIONS to provide sewer and water for the airport then they owe it to the citizens to stop the sewerage spills and to do the proper cleanup on the spill areas.

The Austin boys are not above the law, and they have no right to dump raw sewerage into the streams and creeks of Paulding County that may soon become our drinking water

Pubby something is amiss when we can spend millions for water to a airport and cannot provide water to a church/ and citizens on Mount Moriah road where they can hold service on Sundays. I sincerely hope and pray that the next pastor that is asked to pray before the commissioners meeting, as we always do that he will pray that the water department will run water the few hundred feet to the church.

$70,000,000 on a airport and churches without water and raw sewerage in the creeks that will in the near future be our drinking water....... We can do better even if less than the so called 10% are the only ones complaining.

Whitey:

Landslide? BS ... with the turnout so low, the only thing anyone can say about that election is that apathy ruled.

On the court cases, your opinion doesn't count. In the convoluted legal system we call ours, finding the opinion that does often takes seven to ten years. If you don't like that situation, move to a dictatorship.

I deplore the sewerage spill and the state regulators, who are probably 'no-regulation Republicans', obviously are ducking their responsibilities.

That said, we have greater problems with sewerage in the county and your suggestion that spill was the only source of effluent in our streams is laughable. The plain fact is failed and non-performing septic systems in Paulding proportionally dwarf the spill from the city of Dallas in terms of effluent running into the Pumpkinvine basin. Hell, even the raw sewerage emitted by wildlife exceeds the sewerage deposited in the greater basin over the course of a year.

Since you had lied on here, to me personally, I have no reason to believe a word you say, even if it is as small as a 3 letter word.

Quit blaming Todd for your pitiful showing at the polls.

A drunk NASA monkey could have beat you.

As for the rest of your ramblings...seek help.

Every post you make on pcom makes you a liar.

That is what I call tea party thinking.

pubby

In red is exactly the attitude of the ones that are for this thing, and also the ones that say " I don't care."

In red is exactly the attitude of the ones that are for this thing, and also the ones that say " I don't care."

I couldn't help but notice that out of my friends who belong to the Facebook support page, only one of them lives in Paulding. Go figure.

• Like 4

Here's the bond agreement for the 3.6 million the county had to back. There are no lawsuits against the BOC regarding the airport. The lawsuits are against the PCAA. You decide

http://www.savepauldingco.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Bond-Agreement.pdf

Time to get out of this. The taxpayers of Paulding are going to be stuck for this.

I couldn't help but notice that out of my friends who belong to the Facebook support page, only one of them lives in Paulding. Go figure.

Jenilyn, how does one "belong to the Facebook support page"? I cannot post on that "support page".

Edited by roadcrosses

That said, we have greater problems with sewerage in the county and your suggestion that spill was the only source of effluent in our streams is laughable. The plain fact is failed and non-performing septic systems in Paulding proportionally dwarf the spill from the city of Dallas in terms of effluent running into the Pumpkinvine basin. Hell, even the raw sewerage emitted by wildlife exceeds the sewerage deposited in the greater basin over the course of a year.

so Pubby 67000 gallons of raw sewage is nothing??? Thats over 6 tankers full. how the hell do you spill that amount ?

so i guess the 4 1/2 million gallons Dallas dumped over the last 10 years is nothing too

you think birds and deer poop that much your a damn idget

and the city of Dallas spent how much to get water and sewage to the airport?

just so they could dump it in the creek

http://green-law.org/item/83820?mode=p

Edited by secondhandsmith

If you join, make dang sure you goose step march in time with their music, otherwise, they vill ban you!

Ja jawohl Herr Hitler....I mean Rienhart.

(or whatever Il Douche's name is)

As a WW2 buff, I admit, I laughed a little.. What is lacking these days is civility.. maybe tomorrow will be the day... let me know if you want to borrow my copy of Mein Kampf...

Whitey:

Landslide? BS ... with the turnout so low, the only thing anyone can say about that election is that apathy ruled.

On the court cases, your opinion doesn't count. In the convoluted legal system we call ours, finding the opinion that does often takes seven to ten years. If you don't like that situation, move to a dictatorship.

I deplore the sewerage spill and the state regulators, who are probably 'no-regulation Republicans', obviously are ducking their responsibilities.

Every post you make on pcom makes you a liar.

That is what I call tea party thinking.

pubby

Pubby you Can make light of this sewerage spill if you want to, We are not a third world County and can expect more from our mayors and chairmen than what we are getting,

For years WE PUT UP WITH THE STENCH ON BILL CARRUTH from the spray fields under the Shearin administration. Now the Austin brothers are allowing Raw sewerage to run into the creeks and streams and eventually from what I am told into RICHLAND CREEK (ring a bell) yep right smack where the new reservoir is being built.... You know.... Our future drinking water .

This area has been having sewerage spills for years and nothing has been done, I was told that this was brought to the attention of Dave Carmichael while he was the post commissioner and he did nothing other that to advise them to get an attorney and sue the City and County.

You use to concern yourself over these type of issues and would make news reports on them ,but now you simply make light of it and hope it goes away DAVID AUSTIN AND BOYD AUSTIN HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THIS FOR A LONG TIME and have did nothing.

Kids in the subdivisions in the immediate area should be made aware of these spills and advised to stay out of the waters.

Pubby I am ashamed that you took no more interest in this sewerage spill than you did I am more ashamed that the Leaders of this County (THE AUSTIN BOYS) did not care less when brought to their attention, As I said earlier this has been going on for some time, Of Course Dave Carmichael will not take any responsibility for this spill since he quit the post commissioners job in August of last year so he could run for Commission Chairman this Nay leaving no one but the Austin brothers for the affected residents to go to.

This is not the City of Atlanta or A third world county we deserve better $6.000,000 spent just last year on sewerage to the airport and we still have the same spills within a couple of miles of the Dallas Business area... SHAME ON THEM!!!!

• Like 2

If you join, make dang sure you goose step march in time with their music, otherwise, they vill ban you!

Ja jawohl Herr Hitler....I mean Rienhart.

(or whatever Il Douche's name is)

Same to be said about the hate progress page

• Like 1

Whitey:

I was generally aware of the city of Dallas issues with sewerage treatment and know the long range plan for the city's sewerage service is for it to 'go away' ... literally close down its treatment facilities and have the county provide the service to city residents through modern plants. This, as I understand it, was a Dept. of Community Affairs decision that impacted the city's ability to borrow money, etc. for new sewerage treatment plant construction. This has been the case for the last ten years - i.e. the decision is for the city to exit the service by something like 2025 ... I don't remember the date.

That said, the incentive of the city is not to invest its own funds in the construction of treatment facilities.

Also, the city I believe will ultimately exit the sewerage collection business although I'm not certain.

What I do know is that few people want to work for a sewerage system that will close in a future date because, well, they'd be much better served working for a system where they would gain seniority for their tenure. Add to that the city of Dallas really doesn't pay at the top of the scale and you've already created a system that is prone to failure.

Take heart though because you can bet that in the end everyone working for the Dallas Sewerage enterprise will be fired.

From the city's point of view, they had to consider the fact that their system is failing and is prone to spillages, etc. The cost to fix that would be prohibitive, especially when they will be exiting the city service about the time a 50 million dollar (or some such modern sewerage treatment facility ) came on line and they have a grandfathered facility that will cost them, in fines, probably less than 1 million before they are forced from the business. So, instead of building a $50 million plant that tax payers would have to pay the full cost of (no revenue when they're out of the business) and paying the fines ... even if they creep above $1 million in the meantime ... the prudent thing to do is for the taxpayer is pay the fines.

BTW, these plans for Dallas to exit the sewerage treatment and sewerage collection business were made in the early 2000s when the projections for Paulding's population was something like 400,000 residents by 2050.

But no, I'm not surprised nor unaware of this issue. While it didn't precede Mayor Boyd Austin - the decisions were made during his term - it was established fact by the time David Austin was elected. It is a chronic issue that won't go away until the Dallas Sewerage treatment plants are taken off line.

I also resent the illusion that the 37,000 gallon raw effluent spill is somehow not dwarfed by the fecal matter deposited in our creeks is so much more massive than the natural effluent. While I'll concede that raw effluent is more densely polluted, consider how many turds would it take for you to exit an Olympic sized pool? Five, ten, twenty?

You should probably know that an olympic sized pool holds over 660,000 gallons of water.

If a single dog turd that is washed away by rainfall contaminates a thousand gallons of runoff meaning that there would be 660 dog turds in the olympic sized pool.

The point is there are two types or sources of water pollution - point source and non-point source. The point-source locations are highly regulated and include sewerage treatment plants. They can be a significant source of runoff but even if every point-source of pollution were completely cleaned, you would still have fecal matter in our creeks, rivers and streams plus significant other chemicals, etc. ... much of it from agricultural sources but, in Paulding, actually a great deal more from failed septic systems. This non-point source pollution typically peaks after large amounts of rainfall that cause flooding ... and that does represent a much greater amount of fecal matter pollution than the city of Dallas point source.

None of it is 'good' ...by an stretch of the imagination ... but as I said initially, we know that this will ultimately end when Dallas is forced to relinquish its sewerage treatment facilities and probably its sewerage collection pipes (many of which are old and also failing.)

It is not that I have no concern ... I just know more about it including the anti-tax attitudes of the city fathers who don't want to spend a ton of tax money on a system they're going to close in a few years.

pubby

Whitey:

I was generally aware of the city of Dallas issues with sewerage treatment and know the long range plan for the city's sewerage service is for it to 'go away' ... literally close down its treatment facilities and have the county provide the service to city residents through modern plants. This, as I understand it, was a Dept. of Community Affairs decision that impacted the city's ability to borrow money, etc. for new sewerage treatment plant construction. This has been the case for the last ten years - i.e. the decision is for the city to exit the service by something like 2025 ... I don't remember the date.

That said, the incentive of the city is not to invest its own funds in the construction of treatment facilities.

Also, the city I believe will ultimately exit the sewerage collection business although I'm not certain.

What I do know is that few people want to work for a sewerage system that will close in a future date because, well, they'd be much better served working for a system where they would gain seniority for their tenure. Add to that the city of Dallas really doesn't pay at the top of the scale and you've already created a system that is prone to failure.

Take heart though because you can bet that in the end everyone working for the Dallas Sewerage enterprise will be fired.

From the city's point of view, they had to consider the fact that their system is failing and is prone to spillages, etc. The cost to fix that would be prohibitive, especially when they will be exiting the city service about the time a 50 million dollar (or some such modern sewerage treatment facility ) came on line and they have a grandfathered facility that will cost them, in fines, probably less than 1 million before they are forced from the business. So, instead of building a $50 million plant that tax payers would have to pay the full cost of (no revenue when they're out of the business) and paying the fines ... even if they creep above $1 million in the meantime ... the prudent thing to do is for the taxpayer is pay the fines.

BTW, these plans for Dallas to exit the sewerage treatment and sewerage collection business were made in the early 2000s when the projections for Paulding's population was something like 400,000 residents by 2050.

But no, I'm not surprised nor unaware of this issue. While it didn't precede Mayor Boyd Austin - the decisions were made during his term - it was established fact by the time David Austin was elected. It is a chronic issue that won't go away until the Dallas Sewerage treatment plants are taken off line.

I also resent the illusion that the 37,000 gallon raw effluent spill is somehow not dwarfed by the fecal matter deposited in our creeks is so much more massive than the natural effluent. While I'll concede that raw effluent is more densely polluted, consider how many turds would it take for you to exit an Olympic sized pool? Five, ten, twenty?

You should probably know that an olympic sized pool holds over 660,000 gallons of water.

If a single dog turd that is washed away by rainfall contaminates a thousand gallons of runoff meaning that there would be 660 dog turds in the olympic sized pool.

The point is there are two types or sources of water pollution - point source and non-point source. The point-source locations are highly regulated and include sewerage treatment plants. They can be a significant source of runoff but even if every point-source of pollution were completely cleaned, you would still have fecal matter in our creeks, rivers and streams plus significant other chemicals, etc. ... much of it from agricultural sources but, in Paulding, actually a great deal more from failed septic systems. This non-point source pollution typically peaks after large amounts of rainfall that cause flooding ... and that does represent a much greater amount of fecal matter pollution than the city of Dallas point source.

None of it is 'good' ...by an stretch of the imagination ... but as I said initially, we know that this will ultimately end when Dallas is forced to relinquish its sewerage treatment facilities and probably its sewerage collection pipes (many of which are old and also failing.)

It is not that I have no concern ... I just know more about it including the anti-tax attitudes of the city fathers who don't want to spend a ton of tax money on a system they're going to close in a few years.

pubby

I do believe that you are really in the dark on this issue. Maybe it would help if you talked with David Austin and Boyd Austin?

Heck maybe I need to talk with them again ?

It is a fact t that the City of Dallas has built a new sewer treatment facility and it fact have extended the sewer line West to the East end of the runway at Silver Comet field.

That facility and sewer extension was done by the City Of Dallas with a $6,000,000 plus bond through the Industrial Building Authority passed I am told by the Dallas City Council, And the IBA

There can be no question that this came through the Board of Commissioner unless it was another secret deal engineered by David Austin prior to Vernon , Tony, and Todd taking office on 1/1/15.

Heck when Boyd thought he was going to have opposition he made a video and was boasting about the new facility that he had built and that it would be on line soon??

I sure hope That David has not made another secret deal with his brother Boyd to have the County residents to pay for the City of Dallas treatment facility ? I am not sure the folks in the North East part of the County would agree that it would proper for then to pay additional sewer fees to serve the City of Dallas and the Airport?

The City of Dallas has been fined many times over these sewer spills and it is their responsibility to stop them,

If they can pay for all the water falls, street scapes, sidewalks Etc then surely they can spend some Tax dollars on the sewerage spills and stop them.!!

So with all this mess within the IBA & PCAA, who do you think is getting tossed under the bus first? You know someone is going to take the fall from all this 8)

Edited by rockster

So with all this mess within the IBA & PCAA, who do you think is getting tossed under the bus first? You know someone is going to take the fall from all this 8)

I thought Brett tossed the airport authority under the bus when he said that he was not going to pay the Bond that is due tomorrow.

When folks break contracts who knows maybe BLAKE????

This is not a fantasy. The ridiculous turnout to the last local election proves this. Plus, get out of your circle, and ask Joe Paulding Citizen. You throw out a statement like this saying it's not based on facts. A whopping 14.4% of the county turned out for this election. That means that 85% of the county did not give a rat's @ss about your revenge vendetta on this airport. http://www.ajc.com/news/business/anti-airport-commercialization-candidates-win-race/nf458/. Actually, my number now seems a little low.

Most either don't know or don't care about this. I'm not saying this is right, it just is.

Folks in Bentwater, Seven Hills, Senator's Ridge and other North and East Paulding neighborhoods only come into Dallas to get their tags or go to the courthouse. They don't eat here, don't shop here and don't care about politics here. They care about the schools, that's it. Most have Acworth addresses.

I understand and respect that the folks in Yorkville and Beulah are passionate about this. But...they are terribly outnumbered by folks who pay a ton into this county, but could care less if planes start taking off from the other side of the county. Most of us on this side of the county have C130's flying overhead all the time now, sometimes so low that we can literally wave at the crew (which most of us think is pretty cool). We don't empathize with the woods on the far side of the county. Again, I'm not saying this is right, it's just reality.

This Yorkville resident will challenge you to the amount of taxes paid to Paulding County. This disgusts me, you think because you have a big fancy house that somehow what you say or think is more important than those that live in Union, Yorkville or Beulah?

Another fallacy created by this airport debacle................there are more residents in West Paulding than all of Bentwater, Seven Hills and Cedarcrest put together. I get riled up when those uppity NE Paulding residents think they are somehow better than those on this side of town. I'm sorry you have 1/2 acre lots and your septic systems will soon fail. Don't expect us in West Paulding to pay for your stinky yards if you don't give a crap about our property now.

• Like 3

Pubby I am ashamed that you took no more interest in this sewerage spill than you did I am more ashamed that the Leaders of this County (THE AUSTIN BOYS) did not care less when brought to their attention, As I said earlier this has been going on for some time, Of Course Dave Carmichael will not take any responsibility for this spill since he quit the post commissioners job in August of last year so he could run for Commission Chairman this Nay leaving no one but the Austin brothers for the affected residents to go to.

Wrong. It was November:

"The winner will replace David Carmichael, who resigned Nov. 10 after hearing it will save the county more than $100,000 from the cost of conducting a special election to choose his successor."

Read more: Neighbor Newspapers - Two file to seek vacant Paulding commission seat

Edited by Nice Green
  • Like 1

Since the sewage spill has surfaced on this site I must voice my opinion. First of all Pubby, unless this has personally

impacted your life your turd analogies are insulting. Everything that has a negative impact on the enviornment is a serious issue in my book. I was taught that we are to be good stewards with land we have been given.

for the go

people and not for a select few.

• Like 1

As a WW2 buff, I admit, I laughed a little.. What is lacking these days is civility.. maybe tomorrow will be the day... let me know if you want to borrow my copy of Mein Kampf...

I was hoping someone would get the pun.

I have my own copy (since 1975), but thank you.

Same to be said about the hate progress page

I have no doubt that some have been banned, although I have never heard anyone say they were.

But I have seen many people post dissenting opinions on that page, including myself.

Yes, I have seen snarky comments and replies, but Herr Rienhart is famous for banning people just for asking logical questions.

Heck, the poor deluded lady that brought the ethics charges against Mr. Collett accused me of creating a fake Facebook account and made fun of the fact that I had 20 FB friends on that page, yet I was banned, not her.

My 1st thought when she mentioned my 20 friends?

I gotta start vetting these FB people better, 20 is waaay to many.

I hope that poor lady gets the help and medication she so obviously needs.

I mean that sincerely.

I had a very nice visit with a lady Saturday who is anything but a fan of Todd Pownell.

I enjoyed meeting, spending an hour and half with her and discussing the airport, Paulding politics and just everyday stuff.

We agreed on a lot more things than we disagreed on.

And her opinion of Mr. Pownell did not offend me of make me dislike her.

Nor did it change my opinion of Mr. Pownell.

My friends do not have to like all my other friends to be my friend.

None of my friends are perfect people, but as far as I know, none of my friends are bad people.

• Like 2

Since the sewage spill has surfaced on this site I must voice my opinion. First of all Pubby, unless this has personally

impacted your life your turd analogies are insulting. Everything that has a negative impact on the enviornment is a serious issue in my book. I was taught that we are to be good stewards with land we have been given.

for the go

people and not for a select few.

Pubby only cares about Pubby.

Wrong. It was November:

"The winner will replace David Carmichael, who resigned Nov. 10 after hearing it will save the county more than $100,000 from the cost of conducting a special election to choose his successor."

Read more: Neighbor Newspapers - Two file to seek vacant Paulding commission seat

nice green, you are correct it was November I stand Corrected

You are wrong on the other part though Commissioner Carmichael could of kept his commission post until February 10, 2016 and still run for chairman if he so desired. and no special election would be required

Mr. Carmichael quit for reasons other that to save the county $100,000 in a special election

Commissioner Carmichael should of waited until 2/10/ 2016 and represented the folks in post # 1 and he would of been able to help the folks in the area of the thousands of gallons of sewerage spills through the commission.

So the sewage spill is not a big deal? Nobody cares? And it continues?

I'm having a hard time understanding this.

• Like 2

Does the EPA know? Is it the City of Dallas? or County? Neither is in trouble? Or are they getting fined? And we the taxpayers pay the fine?

WTH?

And Pubby thinks it comparable to deer turds????

Does the EPA know? Is it the City of Dallas? or County? Neither is in trouble? Or are they getting fined? And we the taxpayers pay the fine?

WTH?

And Pubby thinks it comparable to deer turds????

This is a little bigger than deer turds. It's my understanding pictures and information has been sent to several agencies and individuals. This poor family has been dealing with this for nearly 20 years. The city of Dallas has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines but it hasn't stopped them, they continue to pollute our waterways.

Yes, when the city or county is fined, it's paid with taxpayer dollars. Obviously the residents of the City of Dallas are alright with paying those fines, over and over and over, because not one city council member or the Mayor had a challenger in the last election. Dallas is nothing but thrift shops and empty buildings today. Sure main street looks awesome and they had plenty of money to build a new park by the courthouse. What do they think, since the new courthouse is not in downtown Dallas, no one goes that way anymore? Business 6 from 278 to where it rejoins, past the old hospital is despicable. As a business owner in the city limits, I get to pay the taxes but have no say in the elections. We're ready to sell our buildings and move our business to Polk county where they welcome businesses.

• Like 2

They did indeed dress up downtown with lots of taxpayer money and lots of sidewalks to no where. But like you alluded to, the rest of Dallas is ghetto.

They don't want any business. They don't want anything to change, and they can't be bothered by sewage dumps into our waterways, obviously.

Very sad indeed, especially with the city and county being run by totalitarian brothers.

• Like 1