Paulding.com

Soooo the weather forecast have caught up!

So I am keeping track of the weather on TWC.

I guess I have lived long enough to read the signs.

Freezing weather for days. Raining coming from northwest rather than the gulf.

I was seeing an ice storm. The WC obviously not.

Now the local channels are saying so. I think they are underestimating this one.

I also think they are late on it. Stay tuned folks I think that the rain will cool rather than the usual rain warming us up.

• Like 1

FOX5 has posted this

Last Updated at 6:28pm on 1/19/2016

---- Public Schools

Dalton Public Schools

Closed Wednesday - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:17pm

Lumpkin County Schools

Closed Wednesday - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:37pm

Pickens County Schools

Closed Wednesday - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:45pm

White County Schools

Closed Wednesday - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:17pm

Whitfield County Schools

Closed Wednesday - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:35pm

---- Government

Lumpkin County Government

Opening at 10:00 AM - Last Updated: 01/19/2016 05:16pm

My knees are aching.....maybe they're trying to tell me something....What could it be....Ice.....Snow.....We shall see!!

My left ankle is too. I severely sprained it in the 90s and the doctors told me I would have been better off if it had broken. Since then I get throbbing or burning pain in it when frozen precipitation is on the way. I spent 3 hours in the dentist chair yesterday. Then purchased 6 weeks of cat food and a week of groceries. I've also been watching the weather reports through the National Weather Service's Peachtree City Office. http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ffc/

I had to grocery shop today. We were out of cheese among a lot of other things.

I went to Ingles to get a couple of pot roast, then Krogers.

By the time I got to the car I was in so much pain.

Put the groceries away and laid down for a few hours.

I can't remember when I have ached this much.

Not sure if it is a sign of bad weather or just old age.

I still think we are going to see more ice than they are saying. Ground is cold and the storm is coming from a cold area of the country.

I still think we are going to see more ice than they are saying. Ground is cold and the storm is coming from a cold area of the country.

I agree with this. It's not warm rain from the gulf. We also need to keep an eye on Friday night and Saturday's forecast.

This is the national map I just saw on Yahoo. Could be more to it than we're thinking............

East Coast, Ohio Valley brace for possible big snowstorm

Associated Press
By SETH BORENSTEIN
5 hours ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — Tens of millions of Americans from Washington to Boston and the Ohio Valley could be walloped by an end-of-the-week snowstorm, meteorologists say.

Although it's still early, computer forecast models all see a windy, strong slow-moving storm. The big questions are where and how much.

"There's going to be a big storm. Somebody's going to get walloped," said Victor Gensini, a meteorology professor at College of DuPage outside of Chicago, which should be spared. "It does look like it's going to be a doozy."

http://news.yahoo.com/east-coast-ohio-valley-brace-possible-big-snowstorm-185932011.html

a82f02eb74f604038e0f6a706700dde4.jpg

One of my work at home jobs is for a Roadside Service company. We service Progressive, Nationwide, Safeco, Liberty Mutual, Kia, Ford, etc.

They started sending out emails today begging folks to sign up for urgent service hours due to the weather headed up north. My hours have been raised, so I can work 99 hours this week--NOT!!

• Like 1

Catoosa County (at the Tenn/Ga) line is reporting icing on bridges on I-75.

We're supposed to get a cold rain that freezes on contact, if anything at all. No ice or snow.

I think the weather folks do a go job at projections and timing. When this happened a couple of years ago, I watched, it was supposed to be here by 10AM and it was. I went to the HS and checked out my grandson and we were home in time for the storm.

I got the call too.

It's so funny, I ran across some arguing on FB because the local counties didn't close schools for today.

For what? Like I said, I think the projections are pretty accurate and we won't see much of anything, and it will be late in the day if it does happen.

Two years ago when the storm came in people got upset, but I watched the weather and decided when I needed to check my grandson out of school.

Personal responsibility. I don't need the government to tell me when to get my child.

But then people love to argue, especially about the weather :rofl:

• Like 2
Notification from: Paulding County Schools

Good morning. This call is to inform you that the Paulding County School District will be monitoring weather throughout the day. If there are changes in the weather pattern that require further communication we will send that out through our normal methods. The safety of our students and staff are our top priority. Thank you and have a great day.

If you are not signed up for text and calls. I'll post it below. - PCU