Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Looks like we could be seeing snow/ice storms here very soon!

It is pretty cold outside, but it is not cold enough for me to put winter outfits on.

I bet we are going to see some sometime this week or next week.

Are youse looking forward to this kind of weather? I don't mind as long I am able to scoop fresh snow to make ice cream!

No. I don't feel like having snow this year.

You picked the wrong year to not want snow, sister. El Nino is here, and colder/wetter for us. DDD is talking big storm projected for Jan 18-22.

You picked the wrong year to not want snow, sister. El Nino is here, and colder/wetter for us. DDD is talking big storm projected for Jan 18-22.

46 and sunny in the forecast I'm seeing 10 days from now.

I am comfortably in denial of everything you just said.

• Like 2

46 and sunny in the forecast I'm seeing 10 days from now.

Then you ain't following the master predictor of all winter weather, DDD on the GON website. ;)

It can't come soon enough, another 70 degree day in January and those global warming people are going to have a field day.

It might make Albert enough money to add another wing to his huge mansion.

I like one good snow, and see everything pretty and white for a few days. After that bring on spring!

I am itching to get out in the garden and play already.

DS said he saw some flurries at PCHS yesterday. I think he was just hoping....... :lol:

No, I saw a few yesterday afternoon when I was at Tractor Supply. Very few, but they were there.

just received additional tow rope yesterday so we are ready with 2 4x4 recovery vehicles in the family.

the only drawback for me is when there is 2 inches of snow and school is closed for a week.

• Like 1

Absolutely despise snow/ice and pretty much Winter in general. I look at the weather through the eyes of someone who owns livestock and there is nothing pretty about frozen water and cold wet livestock. Makes life considerably harder. JMO.

• Like 2

According to my weather app, we won't see anything till the week after next. Even then it will be rain mixed with snow. So, I'm thinking we may not get any "fun" stuff this month.

If you're cheering for snow you've never held a job where even the threat of snow triggers 12 hour shifts. 12 on and 12 off from before it starts until well after it ends. And that includes every time the weather guy is wrong. Try that for 30 years and you'll sing an entirely different tune.

• Like 1

I am comfortably in denial of everything you just said.

I understand, jenilyn! I feel the same way, until I think how happy I am that I burn firewood, and I still have about three cords, in the wood pile, seasoned, and ready to burn.

Check Out my First Cousin, Shane Hughes! He may be related to Pubby on his fathers side; I don't know!

Click Here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1666027340335175&set=pcb.1666027377001838&type=3

Edited by The Postman

No, I saw a few yesterday afternoon when I was at Tractor Supply. Very few, but they were there.

Well at least we know the snow is trying to get to us. :)

If you're cheering for snow you've never held a job where even the threat of snow triggers 12 hour shifts. 12 on and 12 off from before it starts until well after it ends. And that includes every time the weather guy is wrong. Try that for 30 years and you'll sing an entirely different tune.

22 in a grocery store.

We joked that we qualified as emergency personal.

I feel your pain.

And I still wouldn't mind a little snow. :)

Absolutely despise snow/ice and pretty much Winter in general. I look at the weather through the eyes of someone who owns livestock and there is nothing pretty about frozen water and cold wet livestock. Makes life considerably harder. JMO.

^^^^^ what you said

My mom used to just stay at the hospital for however long till the snow ended. The blizzard in '93, she was there for 4 1/2 days.

I love a snow or two. I love to see the yankees showing us how to drive in it. Or rather walk in it. After they spin out. You know,the ones walking with their shorts on and blaming it on the governor. My 4wd and long johns are ready.

• Like 3

I love a snow or two. I love to see the yankees showing us how to drive in it. Or rather walk in it. After they spin out. You know,the ones walking with their shorts on and blaming it on the governor. My 4wd and long johns are ready.

Yea, they haven't quite figured out it wasn't their fantabulous driving skills, it was that the states they were in spent 40% of their GNP on snowplows and salt!!

• Like 1

My mom used to just stay at the hospital for however long till the snow ended. The blizzard in '93, she was there for 4 1/2 days.

93 was the only year that I was scheduled to be off of snow duty. The phone rang and like an idiot I answered it. The blizzard was already in full swing by then. It took 4 1/2 hours to get from 75 and Delk to Douglasville. Never saw another vehicle on 285 the whole way. No tracks, nothing. You couldn't tell were the wall was or the outside shoulder. No idea where on the road you were driving. Thought I was the only person on earth. I don't even remember how long it was before I got home that year. I was in the original "snow jam" too. Think that was 82. Horrible memories.

• Like 3

we exhaust all personnell, but make serious bank when there's ice and snow.

if you don't HAVE to go out and drive in it, don't.

if you're stupid enough to try it, i'll take your money!

• Like 2

You know the memes where the boss is like "you comin in to work?"

We had a 81 Camero (God I miss that car), lived on a hill, the way to work was up Buford Hwy, hills and all, and the man wanted to know if I was coming into work. I was like Dr. I'm from Florida, number one, and we only have the Camero, have you lost you mind.

We lost power, but we hunkered down in one of the bedrooms, and camped out. Between the pets, and our body heat the room stayed cool but comfortable.

We had a 81 Camero (God I miss that car), lived on a hill, the way to work was up Buford Hwy, hills and all, and the man wanted to know if I was coming into work. I was like Dr. I'm from Florida, number one, and we only have the Camero, have you lost you mind.

HAHAHAHAA That is hilarious. hahahahaaa

BTW, last I saw, they're backing off on frozen precip for this weekend. Possible in Feb, though.

HAHAHAHAA That is hilarious. hahahahaaa

BTW, last I saw, they're backing off on frozen precip for this weekend. Possible in Feb, though.

I saw that. I agree maybe in Feb.