Paulding.com

Dallas Fair

I don't know if Paulding had a Fair before but it would be great to have one now. A good way to meet your neighbors. maybe have a charity cake sale and such. Since their isn't much going on at the Airport we could use one of the runways. May as well get some use out of the place.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

My aunt just told me there was a county fair during that time & it was where Mary's flower shop is now.

I thought I had remembered my mother & aunts talking about it over the years but was not sure

until my aunt confirmed it while ago.

Could it have been a little farther on down Foster Ave., in the direction toward the railroad tracks, on the right? Do you remember an Exhibition Hall being there, where people came to display livestock, agricultural goods, baked goods, etc.?

Could it have been a little farther on down Foster Ave., in the direction toward the railroad tracks, on the right? Do you remember an Exhibition Hall being there, where people came to display livestock, agricultural goods, baked goods, etc.?

It might have been. I will ask her more about it. She would have been very young in the 1930's.

She was telling me she thought one of their older brothers might have taken the younger children.

She said they had rides & everything else that a county fair would have.

I started my first five years in Marietta right off the square.

then we moved next to my grandparents farm in Paulding.

When we still lived in Marietta the Cobb County fair was

in walking distance there on Fairground Street of what I can remember.

Does anyone remember the fair being there? I just have a distant memory.

• Like 1

Not sure of the years but it use to be held at the old Drag Strip across the road from Mt Tabor Park.

Just an FYI. There was also mud drag races held there a few times in the early 80's and a helicopter that crashed on the property around mid 2000's. Maybe it was used for a scene in a movie once also.

I wish it could be used for public events instead of just sitting there vacant. It was a popular place when I was younger.

• Like 1