Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
dawneykids

REALLY PCSD?

I was behind a white Ford Excursion with a red and white dealer tag on East Paulding dr today who was driving SOOO crazy that I called 911. He was stopping in the middle of the road, putting the car in reverse, going forward again, driving on the shoulder, crossing the center line, driving on the sidewalk in front of EPHS, etc. I was explaining all of this and the 911 operator who asked if I was going to continue to follow until help arrived. I said sure, then he pulled into a driveway, I gave her the address and pulled into Reece rd to see if he actually turned off the vehicle. Nope, he backed out in front of a car and continued on his erratic ride. More sidewalk driving, crossing the center line and even driving on the shoulder on the OPPOSITE side of the road. Now this has been going on for at least 8 minutes, back and forth on East Paulding. As we were approaching EPHS for the 3rd time, not one, but TWO PCSD patrol cars passed us going in the opposite direction. I relayed this to the dispatcher and I had already told her what I was driving so they could locate us and they just kept going. I followed him to a neighborhood that has a tree on the sign on East Paulding, where he once again turned around and went in the opposite direction. I was still on the phone calling out every address I passed, giving exact locations until we got to 92 and he made a Uturn right in front of a line of cars and I couldn't take it anymore so I just kept going because it's only a matter of time before this guy kills someone.

I can't for the life of me understand why those 2 officers didn't turn around and pursue this guy. Either he was having an off the charts stroke or was as drunk as a skunk. As a citizen trying to do the right thing, it makes me not want to report this kind of thing in the future. Because if you are in this situation and you pass 2 policemen and they don't do anything either because of poor dispatching or whatever else, it's just not OK.

I hope someone in the SD sees this and thinks that it is just as unacceptable as I do. I could see their faces and they just drove on. DAYUM.

Well, that's both scary as heck and insane!

Yes, it was. And considering that I was coming from my burned house back to the hotel we've been in for almost 3 weeks, my nerves were a little frayed already.

Yes, it was. And considering that I was coming from my burned house back to the hotel we've been in for almost 3 weeks, my nerves were a little frayed already.

Bless your heart, I'm sorry for that.

I am very supportive of LE and public safety in general. However this is not the only case of total incompetence I have heard of or actually experienced with the PCSD. If the leaders of this county want to make it another Gwinnett County with airports, industrial jobs, commercial jobs, transportation, etc. maybe they should get their heads out of their backsides and actually show they can run at least one facet of government with any competence. Yes I know the High Sheriff runs the day to day at PCSD but the BOC has plenty of stroke in how things are run.

• Like 1

I have to wonder if this was a medical condition, you mentioned stroke, my thought was the same or even an episode of dementia.

I have an uncle, in his mid 90's, who was driving until a year or so ago.

He quit driving for two reasons, he fell of the ladder fixing his gutter (yes, he also has a large garden he works by himself) and while he lives in Cumming, he left the small store, less than 3 miles from his house, and was found in Canton, sitting in a Micky D's.

He had never had any issues driving, that they knew of, until he did.

I have to wonder if this was a medical condition, you mentioned stroke, my thought was the same or even an episode of dementia.

I have an uncle, in his mid 90's, who was driving until a year or so ago.

He quit driving for two reasons, he fell of the ladder fixing his gutter (yes, he also has a large garden he works by himself) and while he lives in Cumming, he left the small store, less than 3 miles from his house, and was found in Canton, sitting in a Micky D's.

He had never had any issues driving, that they knew of, until he did.

A diabetic episode could also cause this type of behavior.

• Like 4

Yes.

I appreciate the call to the LE and wish (and hope) they found this person.

Not only could other people be hurt or killed, this person may have been in need of emergency medical care.

At least momof3 can know that she did all she possibly could.

Thank you, young lady.

• Like 1

I was behind an erratic driver on 92 one time and called 911. I gave the dispatcher the license plate of the car and continued to follow as she said she would send a car out that way. She kept me on the phone as I continued to give locations, and then she said a deputy wanted to meet me in the parking lot to sign a complaint. Huh? I told the dispatcher that I would prefer someone to come and get this guy before he hit someone. She said the deputy would rather I meet him someplace to sign a complaint. When the idiot driver ran the red light at 92 and Dallas Hwy I stopped following. She asked me if I was willing to meet the deputy at that point and I told her that since they weren't interested in stopping the guy from driving, I wasn't interested in signing a complaint. I also told her if he gets in an accident, they could call me to be a witness to his driving.

• Like 1

About a month ago CarolineElizabeth and I were in our way to Nashville and this happened! It was in I75 near the Ringgold exit. It was POURING rain and the guy was weaving, flying up in people, not maintains a lane, slowing down to nearly 40, and it was terrifying. CE called 911 and they asked us to follow. We did but not closely, and it continued all the way to the I75/I24 split in Chattanooga. We continued to give mile markers, details, etc., and not a single cop showed up. I do not understand that! It was awful!

*ON

My phone refuses to recognize *on* as a word and I don't catch the autocorrect since it does it three or four times!

I am very supportive of LE and public safety in general. However this is not the only case of total incompetence I have heard of or actually experienced with the PCSD. If the leaders of this county want to make it another Gwinnett County with airports, industrial jobs, commercial jobs, transportation, etc. maybe they should get their heads out of their backsides and actually show they can run at least one facet of government with any competence. Yes I know the High Sheriff runs the day to day at PCSD but the BOC has plenty of stroke in how things are run.

I am always supportive too and normally give LE the benefit of the doubt, but today really dinged my confidence in them.

Yep and I told the operator that. If it was a medical condition, they not only needed help but also needed to get off of the road.

Yes.

I appreciate the call to the LE and wish (and hope) they found this person.

Not only could other people be hurt or killed, this person may have been in need of emergency medical care.

At least momof3 can know that she did all she possibly could.

Thank you, young lady.

:)

I was behind an erratic driver on 92 one time and called 911. I gave the dispatcher the license plate of the car and continued to follow as she said she would send a car out that way. She kept me on the phone as I continued to give locations, and then she said a deputy wanted to meet me in the parking lot to sign a complaint. Huh? I told the dispatcher that I would prefer someone to come and get this guy before he hit someone. She said the deputy would rather I meet him someplace to sign a complaint. When the idiot driver ran the red light at 92 and Dallas Hwy I stopped following. She asked me if I was willing to meet the deputy at that point and I told her that since they weren't interested in stopping the guy from driving, I wasn't interested in signing a complaint. I also told her if he gets in an accident, they could call me to be a witness to his driving.

OMG, she kept asking me the same thing, 'Do you want to meet with an officer'? UUUMMM no. I'd rather you locate us and stop this guy.

Funny but not..I was behind the same type of vehicle on Powder Springs Road a couple months ago. I also called 911. While waiting he pulled in a parking lot. I followed. I saw a GSP and told him. They went and talked to him for awhile and left. Crazy!!

Not just Paulding. After 3 episodes of trying to get the same scenario taken care of by other jurisdictions,I no longer even try.

• Like 1

I would like to say that unless you had your scanner going, you cannot say with certainty that the officers werent on a more pressing call. This is not to say that your call wasnt important, but rather that we dont know if there was something more urgent they needed to attend to.