Paulding.com

Going rate for baby sitters

Sorry - don't have any current payment experience. I would look for someone experienced and that is first aid certified. How much would you be willing to pay to ensure your daughter is well looked after? I'm thinking $10 is about the lowest someone would need to look after kids.

Sorry - don't have any current payment experience. I would look for someone experienced and that is first aid certified. How much would you be willing to pay to ensure your daughter is well looked after? I'm thinking $10 is about the lowest someone would need to look after kids.

Would that be $10.00 an hour or per day? Just curious myself. My daughter is looking for a daycare provider for just a couple of days a week.

I think if you have a teen come by and look after the kids while you go to a movie you will pay around $10/hr. Some charge for additional kids. Not sure on absolute rates, but I do recall hearing there are variable rates. For 8-5 child care I think you might be in the $4-600 per month range.

My daughter gets 10/hour plus another 2/hour for each additional child. If the parents get home later than expected they always up it to15/hour. She works for this particular family about 3 times a month. When she was hired they inquired about her prices. Her response was, "I don't have a set price. Just pay me what you feel it is worth to you."

I pay my sitter 10 per hour for date nights etc.

I'm also on the other end as I nanny in my home for other families, I charge 250 per week for full time and 7 per hour for my part time kids.

When I was a nanny outside my home (before kids) I was paid 700 per week for 55 hours all cash.

I think it depends on the hours you need a sitter.. day or night? how many hours? if the child has any medical needs that the sitter needs to be aware of? how far the sitter will have to drive/dropped off at your home?

10.00 an hour is about the going rate.