Paulding.com

Great to be back in Georgia

I have been gone for 2 months taking care of dad.

Many of you know he has had leukemia for many years.

His type of leukemia causes cancers in different parts of the body.

He is monitored for them and most have been caught early.

They are extremely aggressive. A skin cancer on his head went from the size of a nickel to a silver dollar within weeks.

The skin cancer on his scalp that we have fought with multiple surgeries and the removal of his scalp migrated to the lymph nodes in his neck.

He had a heart attack mother's day that has prevented further surgery.

He was taking a chemo that inhibited cancer growth and radiation.

The chemo nearly destroyed his bladder so it was stopped.

This week is his last week of radiation that will be his lifetime limit of radiation treatment.

I took care of him during this time, mostly encouraging him to eat and drink.

His only option to live is to have it surgically removed a few weeks after the radiation is done.

He knows we will support whatever he chooses.

He had not given up when I left, but he may choose to.

It is good to be back catching up with my friends and family.

I am still recovering from the tick bites this summer so I have days when I am not up running my fool head off socializing the way I have in the past.

I am however looking forward to the usual lunch dates and shopping with friends. :give_rose:

• Like 1

I'm glad you're back, but I'm so sorry about your dad. I know it's been a hard road for him and a lot of difficult decisions. May God bless and keep him.

And maybe we can do lunch one day while the weather is still beautiful.

:wub:

• Like 1

I'm glad you're back, but I'm so sorry about your dad. I know it's been a hard road for him and a lot of difficult decisions. May God bless and keep him.

I would love to do lunch!!

• Like 1

^ beautifully said, I know I could have said it any better.

Keeping your Dad in my positive thoughts and you as well.

Glad your back!

^ beautifully said, I know I could have said it any better.

Keeping your Dad in my positive thoughts and you as well.

Glad your back!

Thank you! I caught the house work up yesterday, headed to the yard today!

Welcome back LPPT. We will be keeping your father in our prayers. you & your family also.

Please keep us updated as you can. Miss you my friend, & hope we can get together

sometime soon!!

Wow! Melissa and I were just talking about you today. We both said what a sweet person you are.

It has been a while since we ran into each other, I hope you are doing well. :wub: Maybe we can do a lunch one day.

• Like 1

Wow! Melissa and I were just talking about you today. We both said what a sweet person you are.

It has been a while since we ran into each other, I hope you are doing well. :wub: Maybe we can do a lunch one day.

Thank you so much. y'all are so sweet too. Would love to get to together for lunch one day!

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the rough time you and your family are going through. That has got to be tough duty.

I did not realize how tough until I took over for my middle sister.

She does commercial and home cleaning. She has been able to arrange her schedule around dad's treatments and many Dr. visits. My other 2 sisters were taking time off from their jobs to help out.

I miss working to a certain extent even though it became too difficult towards the end. I was telling a friend how much I miss all the work I did with the local businesses and helping with their marketing. He reminded me that I would not have been able to help my family and my dad had this not happened to me.

Taking care of dad was like a full time job, it exhausted me. My sisters needed the break so bad and I am thankful that I could give it to them and be with them all as long as I was.

With that said I miss our lunches and I hope we can catch up soon. :wub:

your dad will be my prayers... and welcome home

Thak you LR. At this point we want him to have as much quality time as he can get. We also accept that it will be very limited. I continue to pray that little window to be as good as it can be.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that things are so rough for your dad and I hope that he can be made as comfortable as possible. Also sorry to hear that you've been dealing with tick bites again. I recently made two trips to Indiana as my sister was in her last days of living with ALS. Her grandson and his fiance had been her caretakers for a little over a year. She went downhill fast and passed while I was there on October 7. I went back last weekend for the celebration of her life. ALS is a horrible illness as is cancer. She was a trooper and was still telling jokes in her last days.