Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mom01autison

Just heard the tragic news that a dear friend lost her daughter last night..

Trying to gain information about what happened last night. Rumor mill says there were four teens in vehicle near Bremen Tboned by a Ga State Patrol officer. The two girls passed away, boys are hospitalized they say. Don't want to bother the family at this time for details. Just totally devastated as I've known this young lady since she was tiny. Anyone hear anything last night at all?

Haven't been able to find out anything online. Sad, sad.

I've done a couple of searches and looked at TV websites.

You'd think that if it involved GA Patrol, there definitely would be something ... Only thing I found was Bremen Cnty, Indiana.

Hope this is a very bad rumor and all is ok.

If not, so sad .... may memories help ease some of the pain ........

• Like 1

... I have 2 kids at South Paulding and both girls go to South. My son who is a senior says one was a senior and the other is a junior. He said one guy in the car was graduate of South. Not sure about other one... So sad! Praying for the families

I read on Facebook, Fox 5 posted that the can turned in from of the State Patrol, and he hit them on the side.

Just reporting what they said, have no proof. Either way it is awful and sad. It also said the two boys were taken to Grady.

Prayers for both families.

I'm so very sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the pain these families must be in. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and all who loved these kids. :cray:

• Like 2

Both girls went to South. My niece, who was good friends with Nick, was also good friends with one of the girls who died last night. Prayers to the families of all involved, the friends, classmates, South family, and the trooper and his family. I haven't heard of any injuries for him. My heart's breaking for my niece and my sister as she has to help her daughter deal with another devastating loss, by a similar manner, in such a short time span.

I had an email that said that the car with the teens turned in front of the GSP car and he hit them. 2 girls passed and the boys were injured. There was no other info. This is too sad.

Both girls went to South. My niece, who was good friends with Nick, was also good friends with one of the girls who died last night. Prayers to the families of all involved, the friends, classmates, South family, and the trooper and his family. I haven't heard of any injuries for him. My heart's breaking for my niece and my sister as she has to help her daughter deal with another devastating loss, by a similar manner, in such a short time span.

Nick & Janeal's passing was/is still felt so deeply at PCH. I'm so sorry your DN has to experiance this all over again. She will be in my prayers, as will the parents and all others that were involved.

Perhaps it's past time for our esteemed "leaders" to stop paying for pet projects, and start protecting the county's young drivers. Both of these accidents happened at intersections KNOWN to be extreamly dangerous, yet nothing is done to make them safer. There are many intersections such as the ones on 61 that should be right turns ONLY. How many more of our children do we need to lose before something is done?

• Like 2

Nick & Janeal's passing was/is still felt so deeply at PCH. I'm so sorry your DN has to experiance this all over again. She will be in my prayers, as will the parents and all others that were involved.

Perhaps it's past time for our esteemed "leaders" to stop paying for pet projects, and start protecting the county's young drivers. Both of these accidents happened at intersections KNOWN to be extreamly dangerous, yet nothing is done to make them safer. There are many intersections such as the ones on 61 that should be right turns ONLY. How many more of our children do we need to lose before something is done?

I totally agree! My son is a teen driver and he goes to South. I absolutely hate that he has to turn left off of Friendship Church Rd onto Ridge Rd every day after school. I feel its a dangerous intersection as well. It's hard to see around the shrubbery in the yard on the left and it hinders the drivers view. I really wish they would make it a 3 way stop.

• Like 1

I totally agree! My son is a teen driver and he goes to South. I absolutely hate that he has to turn left off of Friendship Church Rd onto Ridge Rd every day after school. I feel its a dangerous intersection as well. It's hard to see around the shrubbery in the yard on the left and it hinders the drivers view. I really wish they would make it a 3 way stop.

It would take a few extra minutes each day but he could turn right out of the school. Take a left on Cohran Store Rd then he can turn left on Ridge Rd with the added safety of a 4 way stop.

• Like 7

There is a way to the school through the 4-way stop at the store. That's how I told my grandson to go and he went that way every day. He knows how dangerous a left turn is onto a highway where people fly.

We live right off Paul Aiken, but instead of making that difficult left onto Hwy. 61, he goes the back way to Scoggins and comes out at the light at McDonalds. For that, I am proud.

I've always shown him where the red lights are so he can leave the shopping areas without increasing his chances of getting killed trying to make a left turn onto a highway.

It's common sense and they need to be taught from the get go.

When I learned to drive I was 14 and out in the country in Powder Springs. Times are much different today. Too many people and too many people not paying attention to what they're doing, texting, talking, speeding............I've tried to teach him how to lessen his chances of getting maimed or killed.

But there's no guarantee.

It's so sad so many young people are dying far too soon.

• Like 3

Given the age of the driver I find it highly unlikely that he had anything beyond a class D license. If that's the case then he had no business having any other passengers in the vehicle. Additionally, SEATBELTS SEATBELTS SEATBELTS!!!!! I dont care if you are frontseat backseat sideseat or even in my damned trunk; if you ride in my car you wear a damned seatbelt or i stop the car until you put it on. Ive had that rule since I first got my drivers license, and the reason I had that rule leads me to my third point... DRIVERS ED!!! This should be something that is MANDATORY for getting a license. Im not a Georgia native and where I come from it is mandatory. I actually learned a lot in that class and it has stayed with me all these decades later. And parents, though its not mandatory in Georgia there are private drivers education schools here and they are not that expensive. Do not allow your child to drive until they have taken such a course!

• Like 5

Driver's Ed was mandatory when I was in high school, but that was the late 60's.

The best driving course I've ever had was when I worked with Southern Bell. They're big on safety at work, at home and on the road. With constant refresher courses.

I don't think they even teach it anymore since it has gone to AT&T.

Given the age of the driver I find it highly unlikely that he had anything beyond a class D license. If that's the case then he had no business having any other passengers in the vehicle. Additionally, SEATBELTS SEATBELTS SEATBELTS!!!!! I dont care if you are frontseat backseat sideseat or even in my damned trunk; if you ride in my car you wear a damned seatbelt or i stop the car until you put it on. Ive had that rule since I first got my drivers license, and the reason I had that rule leads me to my third point... DRIVERS ED!!! This should be something that is MANDATORY for getting a license. Im not a Georgia native and where I come from it is mandatory. I actually learned a lot in that class and it has stayed with me all these decades later. And parents, though its not mandatory in Georgia there are private drivers education schools here and they are not that expensive. Do not allow your child to drive until they have taken such a course!

If they have been driving a year they can have three, not sure if the driver was the 17 or 18 year old, but unless I am missing something they would be fine with 3 people in the car.

It would take a few extra minutes each day but he could turn right out of the school. Take a left on Cohran Store Rd then he can turn left on Ridge Rd with the added safety of a 4 way stop.

That's what I do if I ever have to turn left onto Ridge from the schools.

• Like 1

I don't know if she still has this program, but Judge Anderson had all drivers under the age of 21 who had received a ticket go to a class. It was open to the public to attend, the only ones who had to pay were the ticketed drivers who were placed on Conditional Probation until they attended.

It was VERY upsetting and alot of the attendees viewed driving alot differently after seeing the presentations.

If they have been driving a year they can have three, not sure if the driver was the 17 or 18 year old, but unless I am missing something they would be fine with 3 people in the car.

yes they "can" if they have upgraded to a class C license, however most of the time they dont bother since the class D doesnt expire until theyre 22, but if they dont make the change its still treated as Class D regardless of age. It is chronologically possible he may have had a class C but odds are very much against that he did.

yes they "can" if they have upgraded to a class C license, however most of the time they dont bother since the class D doesnt expire until theyre 22, but if they dont make the change its still treated as Class D regardless of age. It is chronologically possible he may have had a class C but odds are very much against that he did.

You guys/girls can argue this all day and all night, however, it doesn't change the fact that two beautiful young girls are dead and two young men are fighting for their lives. It really doesn't matter at this point.

You guys/girls can argue this all day and all night, however, it doesn't change the fact that two beautiful young girls are dead and two young men are fighting for their lives. It really doesn't matter at this point.

It matters in so much as many valuable lessons can be learned to prevent others from dying needlessly.

• Like 2

My daughter who is a Freshman had to take some test yesterday at school before she can get her learners permit in Jan. Some of the questions were about the different license types and the rules to follow with each type. Do they do this in Paulding? Wasn't sure if it was a state or county test.

Agreed... I just hate to hear or see people argue in the midst of tragedy. However, you do make a good point.

I didn't see any argument, a discussion maybe but no argument. And The Texture is right, it is good information for everyone. However, what The Texture is saying is incorrect. The class D license clearly states that after certain time periods you are allowed passengers at certain 6 month increments. A class C license is not available to anyone under the age of 18. To say that the person can apply for the class C after meeting the two six months increments is incorrect.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1740671758&ty=dl

I didn't see any argument, a discussion maybe but no argument. And The Texture is right, it is good information for everyone. However, what The Texture is saying is incorrect. The class D license clearly states that after certain time periods you are allowed passengers at certain 6 month increments. A class C license is not available to anyone under the age of 18. To say that the person can apply for the class C after meeting the two six months increments is incorrect.

http://www.dds.ga.gov/drivers/dldata.aspx?con=1740671758&ty=dl

He had me freaking out because my son just turned 22 this month. I had to text him to make sure it hadn't expired. Turns out he has a Class C. From what I understand he can go in and get another one because his says he is under 21 on it. He doesn't care about it, because he knows his true age and it shows his birthdate on it.

And you are right, my daughter was telling me yesterday about who can be in the car with her etc.

Edited by DallasRED

This is on FB :

Update: hey wonderful thing happened today to Benjamin. He had his respiration to removed and is breathing on his own and even rolled to his side. He is still in ICU but he is communicating with everyone during his brief moments of awakeness. God is good he's going to heal.

Dillon who will remain in the hospital for a few more days is also healing. This is a slow progress. But it's a blessing to know that we still have them. His heart is broken from losing his best friends. And he wants everybody to concentrate on them and their family. He still has a fractured skull which is going to take months to heal. His cheek was fractured and his left ear has a fracture of some sort that caused him to have balloon type thing to keep it open. He may lose hearing we won't know for a while.

In this terrible tragedy these few milestones that these boys are already making are a blessing. The road to recovery is long for both of them. And they are so grateful for the love and support everyone, friends, family and even strangers have given them. I beg that we keep it up because everyone knows the heart is the hardest thing to heal. God bless and I'll keep everybody informed as much as I can.

• Like 9

This is on FB :

Update: hey wonderful thing happened today to Benjamin. He had his respiration to removed and is breathing on his own and even rolled to his side. He is still in ICU but he is communicating with everyone during his brief moments of awakeness. God is good he's going to heal.

Dillon who will remain in the hospital for a few more days is also healing. This is a slow progress. But it's a blessing to know that we still have them. His heart is broken from losing his best friends. And he wants everybody to concentrate on them and their family. He still has a fractured skull which is going to take months to heal. His cheek was fractured and his left ear has a fracture of some sort that caused him to have balloon type thing to keep it open. He may lose hearing we won't know for a while.

In this terrible tragedy these few milestones that these boys are already making are a blessing. The road to recovery is long for both of them. And they are so grateful for the love and support everyone, friends, family and even strangers have given them. I beg that we keep it up because everyone knows the heart is the hardest thing to heal. God bless and I'll keep everybody informed as much as I can.

Thank you so much for the update BW. Continued prayers for their physical and emotional healing. <3

• Like 3

This is on FB :

Praying for physical and mental healing for these boys, and for the parents of all of the parties involved.

• Like 1

The funeral for the two girls is today. Isabella Chinchilla was this morning and Kylie Lindsey is this afternoon at 3:00.

Prayers for the family and their friends.

• Like 1

i was wondering why the New GA Pathmark was so empty around Noon until we came out and saw this huge funeral procession coming down Villa Rica Highway. Was terrible when I heard about the two girls.