Paulding.com

Hartsfield Jackson is looking to sell the 9400 Acres near Silver Comet Field.

http://airport.blog.ajc.com/2015/09/21/airport-searching-for-new-revenue-sources/

Hartsfield Jackson is looking to sell the 9400 Acres near Silver Comet Field.

"The airport is also in the process of contracting with a commercial real estate consulting firm to come up with a plan for about 500 acres it owns around the airport, along with 10,000 acres in towns in Dawson County and 9,400 acres it owns in Paulding County. Three firms are competing for that contract: Jones Lang LaSalle, Avison Young and The Collaborative Firm."

Airport general manager Miguel Southwell said Carter’s responsibilities will include looking at “non-traditional real estate development” and considering “how to take dormant assets and turn them into revenue-producing assets.”

The City of Atlanta may end up being the one to bring quality development and jobs to Paulding...

Would not surprise me not one bit! People bark about those that have questioned things such as the airport and movie studio, but bottom line how many jobs have been created???? The Airport has been there for several years and the Studio. How many full time jobs have been created to benefit a resident of Paulding? Verses, what has been "mortgaged" in bonds. Do the math

Honest opinion, I just believe the City of Atlanta is doing a feasibility study for future options.

I think the City of Atlanta is threatening the BOC with 10,000 acres of obnoxious development if they don't back off the Airport deal.

How about 20,000 more homes in that area, wouldn't that be nice? At 1.5 workers per home, only be 30,000 more cars traveling down 278 every morning.

• Like 1

I think the City of Atlanta is threatening the BOC with 10,000 acres of obnoxious development if they don't back off the Airport deal.

How about 20,000 more homes in that area, wouldn't that be nice? At 1.5 workers per home, only be 30,000 more cars traveling down 278 every morning.

They would probably make it Section 8 housing.

• Like 1

Landfill wouldn't be allowed, it would kill those minnows.

Honestly if I owned that property and wanted it developed, I'd look at a resort. A true resort. High dollar stuff that would utilize small delta planes from Hartsfield Jackson and that way everyone but the hunters profit. Nothing against hunters I myself am a supporter of it but I'd rather something useful than another strip mall.

When the Chairman tells Atlanta to back off and writes scathing letters to the CEO of Delta airlines, this is what you get. Does anyone know the back story as to why we "had" to buy that 162 acres? I'm pretty sure there are some here that know. You know the land deed that said we would never use it for a "major" airport.

As long as the Chairman, the Airport Authority and the IBA keep p*ssing off Atlanta and Hartsfield, the more they have the power to completely destroy West Paulding County.

A huge thanks to Austin and all that support commercialization. Let's see, Atlanta vs Paulding.............who do you think has the upper hand?

Edited by tundra

When the Chairman tells Atlanta to back off and writes scathing letters to the CEO of Delta airlines, this is what you get. Does anyone know the back story as to why we "had" to buy that 162 acres? I'm pretty sure there are some here that know. You know the land deed that said we would never use it for a "major" airport.

As long as the Chairman, the Airport Authority and the IBA keep p*ssing off Atlanta and Hartsfield, the more they have the power to completely destroy West Paulding County.

A huge thanks to Austin and all that support commercialization. Let's see, Atlanta vs Paulding.............who do you think has the upper hand?

I think part of that 162 acres has concrete on it.

Atlanta will probably build one of the largest section 8 housing areas the country has ever seen and rent it to druggies and thieves. They'll be dumping their "trash" in Paulding and the taxpayers will be footing the bill.

LOL, gotta get Marta there first. You have to think, the City of Atl has owned this property for many decades. What's the current problem? Piss off the largest city in the State and the largest employer in the State courtesy of the current Chairman? Let er rip tater chip.....................

• Like 3