Paulding.com

Surepip is home, Finally and at last!

I am home.

77 days. That's just not right, but I'm alive and on the road to recovery

This is 3 times I have died now in the past 18 months. Hope the cat has 6 more in reserve. I don;t remember ANYTHING from this experience. Really, I have no memory of anything at all since Melissa took me to the emergency room. There are some snippets of a visitor, or a question asked, but not much else at all.

My brain started working again 2 weeks or so ago, and after getting off the prefab food dripping into my arm and eating some real food, its like I woke up.

Lots of brain farts, trying to remember a name, etc., but I actually was really surprising the doctors and nurses at WellStar Windy Hill with how fast I got the grey matter working again. Thank God!!!

For the thousands of comments, facebook, and all the rest who send prayers and best wishes all I can say is THANK YOU! They worked and I have been improving by the day for the past 2 weeks.

They kept Melissa going as well, fighting with medical staff about what they were going to do with me after I died on them. Whatever it was, it worked.

I am weak, .....my big ol linebacker legs are pitiful, and my rehab on my left hip will have to be all over again. I can walk with the walker but have to be careful, and we can't find my walker.

Did I loan my walker to anyone on here ?

Daisy is just estatic and won't leave me alone. She is crying and screeching for me to keep picking her up. She is settling for sitting in a chair next to me.r

Melissa is smiling, although tired and worn out. Its been a long, long, long 11 weeks for her.

Anyone who can help set up new AT&T phones, email, voicemail, texting etc., and a new laptop, please let me know as we are not getting anywhere fast.

Again, THANKS to all the well wishers.

Thad, aka Surepip

PS Eddie Bennett was coming in the door at Wellstar as we were leaving. I did get to say hello, but could not stop to visit......I wanted to get home.

• Like 17

WoW! Bless your heart, I'm so glad you're home. Now you can get some real rest and so can Melissa.

Melissa is one strong, faithful gal and she kept you going!!

Hallelujah!

Amen!!! Praise the Lord you're doing so well. Woo hoo!!!

• Like 1

I got to hug Melissa, and Thad was not strong enough to punch me out, Lo! :)

She told me she was so glad to see you!

They are so glad to be home, she said Daisy just went crazy when Thad walked in and won't leave him alone! Hopefully they both will sleep better than they have in two months.

• Like 1

She told me she was so glad to see you!

They are so glad to be home, she said Daisy just went crazy when Thad walked in and won't leave him alone! Hopefully they both will sleep better than they have in two months.

May the Good Lord be with them both in the good times, like he has been in the bad times. I was so happy that Thad remembered sharing some wine with me once.

Thank you, Lo, for all you've gone, in keeping us up to date about Thad and Malissa!

• Like 2

Most wonderful news!

Now get that man so real food, so he can become his whole self again.

Please, let us know if there is anything that you want or need.

You cannot imagine how much we all missed you, and prayed for your full recovery.

Welcome home!!

• Like 2

I hope rehabilitation goes so well that Thad develops habits of real life changes. I know he needs to began plan that consists of exercising more than just his brilliant mind.

Thad is way more intelligent than this old misspeller of words. And, I know he is going to be alright, when he gets his plan together.

You go Thad! :drinks:

• Like 1