Paulding.com

Police name suspect in shooting death of Memphis cop.

Did you or your wife report him to the PCSO?

No, my wife failed to get any identifying information due to the surprise of his actions. Me, I'd have driven like him until he had enough and pulled over. At the risk of my life id have let him known that his actions as an officer of law were deplorable and that his superiors would be notified. of course I'd recorded the entire thing.

As far as the law is concerned if lights or siren are on than it is an emergency, no other reason. If it is non emergent than it is non emergent. Close is not the same as is. We give you a blue line and now you claim a grey one also. Please do not break the law that you are required to uphold.

No, my wife failed to get any identifying information due to the surprise of his actions. Me, I'd have driven like him until he had enough and pulled over. At the risk of my life id have let him known that his actions as an officer of law were deplorable and that his superiors would be notified. of course I'd recorded the entire thing.

As others have stated in this thread, you do not know the reasons for his actions yet you are ready to convict.

As far as the law is concerned if lights or siren are on than it is an emergency, no other reason. If it is non emergent than it is non emergent. Close is not the same as is. We give you a blue line and now you claim a grey one also. Please do not break the law that you are required to uphold.

Kindly ask your wife to do the same.

I don't think it is humanly possible to be a cop for more than six months and not get caught up in a power trip. It's how they react to that temptation and begin to think that you are somehow above the law that's the real challenge.

btw I heard the suspect turned himself in today which I thought was unusual for someone accused of being a cop killer.

Edited by CitizenCain

So, if you thought his driving was an endangerment to others, you would have added to everyone else's safety by driving like he was to piss to get him to stop and talk to you?

I don't think it is humanly possible to be a cop for more than six months and not get caught up in a power trip. It's how they react to that temptation and begin to think that you are somehow above the law that's the real challenge.

btw I heard the suspect turned himself in today which I thought was unusual for someone accused of being a cop killer.

So you think after six months on the job, all cops are on a power trip.

11288677_918417098218072_1312223083_n.mp4

Edited by El Zorro

So, if you thought his driving was an endangerment to others, you would have added to everyone else's safety by driving like he was to piss to get him to stop and talk to you?

So you think after six months on the job, all cops are on a power trip.

11288677_918417098218072_1312223083_n.mp4

So, do you have a problem with how afcs, and CC, reacts to a reckless driving cop?

So, do you have a problem with how afcs, and CC, reacts to a reckless driving cop?

First of all, you would have to prove he was reckless. He activated his overhead emergency lights to pass the vehicle in front. Is that reckless? Not unless he was driving unreasonably fast, even for an emergency with lights and siren.

First of all, you would have to prove he was reckless. He activated his overhead emergency lights to pass the vehicle in front. Is that reckless? Not unless he was driving unreasonably fast, even for an emergency with lights and siren.

So you are saying they don't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

If they could prove it, it would be dangerous to prosecute, or make an arrest. A State Patrol would be in a lot of trouble for bothering a cop in the process of violating a traffic law.

A cop wouldn't be able to believe it, for Gods sake, if he was pulled over by a State Trooper.

Here's an example:

Edited by The Postman

So you are saying they don't have a leg to stand on, so to speak.

If they could prove it, it would be dangerous to prosecute, or make an arrest. A State Patrol would be in a lot of trouble for bothering a cop in the process of violating a traffic law.

A cop wouldn't be able to believe it, for Gods sake, if he was pulled over by a State Trooper.

Here's an example:

You apparently have your mind made up that the deputy in Paulding is guilty of reckless driving and nothing anyone says or proves to be true will change your mind. You seem to think the majority of police officers are assholes, law breakers, murders, and thieves.

• Like 1

You apparently have your mind made up that the deputy in Paulding is guilty of reckless driving and nothing anyone says or proves to be true will change your mind. You seem to think the majority of police officers are assholes, law breakers, murders, and thieves.

And, that is why you should never waste your energy by responding to TP. He will only reply with more of the same crap. He thrives on the attention he gets on pcom. I wish everything he posts could only be visible in his blog.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree
  • Like 2

Not all of them, EZ, and not even the same one twice. But, the one afewcardshy was referring to may have had a bad moment, like the one the Florida State Trooper stopped.

And, that is why you should never waste your energy by responding to TP. He will only reply with more of the same crap. He thrives on the attention he gets on pcom. I wish everything he posts could only be visible in his blog.

The crap you see on P.com is typical conservative crap, ABR!

What do you expect in this locality.

It's location, location, location.

You are ignoring a prominent fact, on a routine basis officers respond to emergencies using their emergency equipment sparingly and sometime not at all because that is what the situation calls for. Sometimes you can run lights and sirens all the way to the front door if you want and it not matter, sometimes giving a suspect who is still in the act that kind of notice just might get someone killed.

Just because you interpretation is wrong does not mean the officer is. This isn't a grey line, it is reality.

• Like 2

You are ignoring a prominent fact, on a routine basis officers respond to emergencies using their emergency equipment sparingly and sometime not at all because that is what the situation calls for. Sometimes you can run lights and sirens all the way to the front door if you want and it not matter, sometimes giving a suspect who is still in the act that kind of notice just might get someone killed.

Just because you interpretation is wrong does not mean the officer is. This isn't a grey line, it is reality.

Sometimes, but not all the time.

If cops would get off the "Always, Absolutely, Never," bull chit, people might be able to relate to what they are saying, U98. You can't reason with one of these cops.

Edited by The Postman

Sometimes, but not all the time.

If cops would get off the "Always, Absolutely, Never," bull chit, people might be able to relate to what they are saying, U98. You can't reason with one of these cops.

No...you just don't want to hear anything that contradicts this little fantasy you weave in your head. That is why you are unable to counter anything that goes against the wild ass theories you post, you just put some rambling sentence out there that makes little sense such as the one above.

We get it....you really think anytime an officer uses emergency equipment sparingly it is for some nefarious reason and there can be no legit reason even though people who really know what goes on tell you otherwise. I know I will never change your opinion and really don't care at this point but I will not sit by an let you put this BS out unchallenged. Some innocent reader one day may mistakenly think you have credible information and form an opinion.

• Like 1

When I was a LEO, there were many different types of calls I responded to driving over the speed limit, but without the use of lights and sirens. Alarm calls at businesses and homes were one type of call that happened frequently. We responded without the use of the siren and only used the lights to pass a car; sometimes used the lights all the way to the location, but turned them off a few blocks before arriving. It all depended upon the circumstances. The last thing we wanted was to have the lights and siren give perps a warning as our goal was to catch them on the scene if were a break-in and not a faulty alarm.

• Like 1

No...you just don't want to hear anything that contradicts this little fantasy you weave in your head. That is why you are unable to counter anything that goes against the wild ass theories you post, you just put some rambling sentence out there that makes little sense such as the one above.

We get it....you really think anytime an officer uses emergency equipment sparingly it is for some nefarious reason and there can be no legit reason even though people who really know what goes on tell you otherwise. I know I will never change your opinion and really don't care at this point but I will not sit by an let you put this BS out unchallenged. Some innocent reader one day may mistakenly think you have credible information and form an opinion.

This is why we are seeing so many videos online these days of young adults using their cell phones to record their challenging the police. We see these idiot young people telling the officer they have a constitutional right not to show the officer their drivers license, etc, all because they read or saw a video of another idiot giving out this type of false information. I have no doubt there are some of these people who will speed intentionally to get an officer to pull them over so they can pull this stunt and put it on the internet to get their 15 minutes of "fame."

When I was a LEO, there were many different types of calls I responded to driving over the speed limit, but without the use of lights and sirens. Alarm calls at businesses and homes were one type of call that happened frequently. We responded without the use of the siren and only used the lights to pass a car; sometimes used the lights all the way to the location, but turned them off a few blocks before arriving. It all depended upon the circumstances. The last thing we wanted was to have the lights and siren give perps a warning as our goal was to catch them on the scene if were a break-in and not a faulty alarm.

That's good, E Z!

How about the Florida Trooper pulling the cop over, who was doing 120 mph with no emergency lights flashing. Do you think maybe he could have gotten away with that violation, if he had just had his flashing lights on?

And, what do you think about 88 other cop's attempting to pull up information on the State Trooper?

Edited by The Postman

That's good, E Z!

How about the Florida Trooper pulling the cop over, who was doing 120 mph with no emergency lights flashing. Do you think maybe he could have gotten away with that violation, if he had just had his flashing lights on?

And, what do you think about 88 other cop's attempting to pull up information on the State Trooper?

The state trooper did the right thing by arresting his sorry ass.

The state trooper did the right thing by arresting his sorry ass.

What about the 88 fellow cops.

You had NEVER heard of any such thing, before I told you; had you, E Z? U98 can verify that it just ABSOLUTELY doesn't happen. Well, I guess florida is in another country, though! The ABSOLUTE is isolated to Paulding county.

Edited by The Postman