Paulding.com

AIRPORT APPLICATION FOR COMMERCIAL SERVICE MAY BE IN ERROR

BeachBum

I know the Chamber and the pro airport people posed the same arguments and selling points that you have in the above post when they convinced the citizens to allow the construction of a General Aviation Airport.

Promises were made and many, many promises were broken.

Something like this that was born in secrecy in the still of the night, in smoke filled rooms is doomed to failure. I for one am not accustomed to allowing our elected and appointed officials to make deals for the citizens of this county in this manner.

If this is such a good deal for the county, Show us the business plan that lays out the success of this project for the citizens of Paulding County. Surely you have seen such a plan to be in such favor of it?

You are much smarter than to believe that two flights per week will generate thousands of jobs with a economic impact of $350,000,000 that is being portrayed by the chamber and some of the top business leaders in this County.

Why the secret of the business plan???\

Heck the last Airport meeting the vice Chairman Boyd Austin did not even know what the part 139 certification (commercial Passenger service) even encompassed, as did a majority of the other members even though he made the motion to accept the secret agreement and was a part of the group including his brother David Austin and Commissioner Carmichael who kept this from the citizens of this county for almost a year!!!!!

In October 2012 this authority signed a contract to lease 60 acres for the purpose of bringing in aero space jobs to Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport. altogether separate from the Commercial passenger service agreement...... Name me one job in almost three years since this agreement was signed that has been created?????

How many more years is it going to take to bring any jobs to this 60 acre parcel???

Heck.... since the airport was opened in 2008 name me a job that has been created at the airport other than the FBO operator. Beach Bum do you really realize it has been seven years since this airport opened.

Do you realize that an additional $26,000,000 dollars has been spent during the David Austin's Administration with another proposed $38,000,000 proposed in the five year plan and only one job has been created???

If this was ran like any other successful business adventure, There would be some heads rolling at the Airport Authority and folks would lose their jobs. This has now grown into a $70,000,000 investment for the citizens of this county and we are entitled to have a airport director who knows how to run a General Aviation Airport.

This airport is being ran by a airport authority meeting approximately one hour some months that consists of, two folks in the grading business, one in the chemical business, one attorney, one pilot, Three politicians who do not know jack chit about running a airport and a CEO of the chamber who depends on tax dollars to keep the chamber afloat and a airport director who was hired as a DOT employee.............. No wonder it is a failure!!!!!

Time to make some changes to the Airport Authority and the IBA, Hire and appoint some qualified folks who can spend more that one hour per month to make our airport successful. No business could ever be successful with this type of meeting schedule and leadership!!!!

BeachBum

I know the Chamber and the pro airport people posed the same arguments and selling points that you have in the above post when they convinced the citizens to allow the construction of a General Aviation Airport.

Something like this that was born in secrecy in the still of the night, in smoke filled rooms is doomed to failure. I for one am not accustomed to allowing our elected and appointed officials to make deals for the citizens of this county in this manner.

If this is such a good deal for the county, Show us the business plan that lays out the success of this project for the citizens of Paulding County. Surely you have seen such a plan to be in such favor of it?

You are much smarter than to believe that two flights per week will generate thousands of jobs with a economic impact of $350,000,000 that is being portrayed by the chamber and some of the top business leaders in this County.

Heck the last Airport meeting the vice Chairman Boyd Austin did not even know what the part 139 certification (commercial Passenger service) even encompassed, as did a majority of the other members even though he made the motion to accept the secret agreement and was a part of the group including his brother David Austin and Commissioner Carmichael who kept this from the citizens of this county for almost a year!!!!!

In October 2012 this authority signed a contract to lease 60 acres for the purpose of bringing in aero space jobs to Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport. altogether separate from the Commercial passenger service agreement...... Name me one job in almost three years since this agreement was signed that has been created?????

How many more years is it going to take to bring any jobs to this 60 acre parcel???

Heck.... since the airport was opened in 2008 name me a job that has been created at the airport other than the FBO operator. Beach Bum do you really realize it has been seven years since this airport opened.

Do you realize that an additional $26,000,000 dollars has been spent during the David Austin's Administration with another proposed $38,000,000 proposed in the five year plan and only one job has been created???

If this was ran like any other successful business adventure, There would be some heads rolling at the Airport Authority and folks would lose their jobs. This has now grown into a $70,000,000 investment for the citizens of this county and we are entitled to have a airport director who knows how to run a General Aviation Airport.

This airport is being ran by a airport authority meeting approximately one hour some months that consists of, two folks in the grading business, one in the chemical business, one attorney, one pilot, Three politicians who do not know jack chit about running a airport and a CEO of the chamber who depends on tax dollars to keep the chamber afloat and a airport director who was hired as a DOT employee.............. No wonder it is a failure!!!!!

Time to make some changes to the Airport Authority and the IBA, Hire and appoint some qualified folks who can spend more that one hour per month to make our airport successful. No business could ever be successful with this type of meeting schedule and leadership!!!!

Great post Whitey. Some people can't see anything done wrong in the beginning of this mess. Austin is wrong and denied the public knowledge of commercialization. Instead they turn a blind eye and say too bad, the airport is here. I'm for business growth, just not corruption in our county government. Plus the supporters that believe everything on that support FB page are off the deep end.

• Like 2

May I remind you our group TOTALLY supported an amended or revised IGA. While the Pro- 139 group was TOTALLY opposed. Watch the video of the PCAA meeting for yourself where Todd BEGS the PCAA to come back with ANY counter offer, so that COMPROMISE could begin. The PCAA voted it down before Todd was settled back in his seat. Todd did everything humanly possible to get them to counter offer except build a camp fire in the middle of the room and have the Marshall's handcuff the PCAA and Todd around the camp fire and make them sing together.

MAY I remind you our group TOTALLY supports building the 911 center now and building the fire station out on 278. Go to the Support Facebook page and see for yourself how they oppose this COMPROMISE.

Attend any PCAA meeting or Support Facebook page and hold your breath till you hear some hint of COMPROMISE.

Mojo:

What the three pushed through as an amendment to the intergovernmental agreement was not intended to be a compromise. It was an effort to find another avenue for litigation.

Anyone with an understanding of the circumstance recognizes that the time for compromise was early on; long before the filing of even one lawsuit funded by unknown sources that, from a position of anonymity, demanded and for all intents and purposes, continues to demand total capitulation. Bottom line you can't negotiate anything when you don't even know who your opposition is.

To prove that point, are you telling me that if you said the word - or even Todd, Tony and Vernon said the litigation had to stop, would all the tony Atlanta and Washington DC law firms withdraw their suits? You know as well as I they'd Todd, Tony and Vernon off as quickly as they'd blow you off because you aren't paying their bill.

You also have to know if the people actually named in the suits wanted to withdraw their names, they'd have to hire attorneys and fight in a court of law to get their names off those suits ... and you can't tell me that they wouldn't suffer consequences for their effort.

So, knowing that - show me - tell me who the anti-airport person or persons is that could make a deal to make all this go away and maybe, just maybe, one might be able to understand the issue well enough to even think about a compromise. Until that person or company or board of directors is known, there can be not even be the start of negotiations or compromise.

BeachBum

Whitey:

Where was the business plan for the Erie Canal? Where was the business plan behind the intercontinental railway? Where was the business plan that proved that the Interstate highway system would be a good idea? Where is the business plan that showed how all of us in Paulding County would profit from launching John Glenn into space? A trip to the moon? A trip to take pictures of Pluto?

Do you really think there was a business plan behind the construction of Central Park in New York City? ROTFLMAO :)

Those business plans don't exist; never did. That is why government did them ... and I don't think there is a one that I object to.

Yet if all those project were held to the same standard you claim, none would exist and we'd all be measurably poorer without them.

pubby

Mojo:

What the three pushed through as an amendment to the intergovernmental agreement was not intended to be a compromise. It was an effort to find another avenue for litigation.

Anyone with an understanding of the circumstance recognizes that the time for compromise was early on; long before the filing of even one lawsuit funded by unknown sources that, from a position of anonymity, demanded and for all intents and purposes, continues to demand total capitulation. Bottom line you can't negotiate anything when you don't even know who your opposition is.

To prove that point, are you telling me that if you said the word - or even Todd, Tony and Vernon said the litigation had to stop, would all the tony Atlanta and Washington DC law firms withdraw their suits? You know as well as I they'd Todd, Tony and Vernon off as quickly as they'd blow you off because you aren't paying their bill.

You also have to know if the people actually named in the suits wanted to withdraw their names, they'd have to hire attorneys and fight in a court of law to get their names off those suits ... and you can't tell me that they wouldn't suffer consequences for their effort.

So, knowing that - show me - tell me who the anti-airport person or persons is that could make a deal to make all this go away and maybe, just maybe, one might be able to understand the issue well enough to even think about a compromise. Until that person or company or board of directors is known, there can be not even be the start of negotiations or compromise.

Whitey:

Where was the business plan for the Erie Canal? Where was the business plan behind the intercontinental railway? Where was the business plan that proved that the Interstate highway system would be a good idea? Where is the business plan that showed how all of us in Paulding County would profit from launching John Glenn into space? A trip to the moon? A trip to take pictures of Pluto?

Do you really think there was a business plan behind the construction of Central Park in New York City? ROTFLMAO :)

Those business plans don't exist; never did. That is why government did them ... and I don't think there is a one that I object to.

Yet if all those project were held to the same standard you claim, none would exist and we'd all be measurably poorer without them.

pubby

Pubby, The Erie Canal, Central Park, Transcontinental (not Intercontinental) Railroad and Apollo Misson were all based on a huge demand from the public, business community and government entities unlike commercialization of the Paulding airport. Additionally, each had some type of plans that were developed and executed by the best and brightest in those areas-real leaders with expertise and proven track records. Show me where any of those projects were turned over to be done by amateurs with NO EXPERIENCE in designing, constructing and managing canals, parks, rail lines or space ventures and your comparison to what has happened in Paulding might at least be a starting point for your analogy. Projects of that magnitude and importance involving taxpayer money weren't turned over to authorities or businesses that had failed in all of their previous endeavors. That alone makes your analogy a poor one.

• Like 7

We can go into some of the things that would make you go HUMMMM in regard to the railroads another time and it is also obvious that Landslide Lyndon had a lot to do with NASA and its funding ... but how you can leave Tammany Hall's involvement in the construction of Central Park in NY in the mix without acknowledging that it was born in graft by folks in politics whose only purpose was graft. Okay, some 'park architects' who became famous for the design of the park were involved in the creation of Central Park but the only reason they didn't pay a kickback to get the job was it was a contest and they provided their work/design with no up front costs. I find the notion that Tammany Hall had a business plan showing public good from the construction of Central Park ...

pubby

Speaking of parks I still can't understand why the Veterans Park was built at the Courthouse/Admin complex. Granted it looks great, no doubt about it. But a couple of things would concern me. Why spend SPLOST money because it's just there when the county can't even maintain the current parks they have? That has been noted in a couple of BOC mtgs. Again I think it's a beautiful park, but I just can not understand why a park would be built right next to a busy highway. This park is just a few feet away from Highway 278

• Like 4

Speaking of parks I still can't understand why the Veterans Park was built at the Courthouse/Admin complex. Granted it looks great, no doubt about it. But a couple of things would concern me. Why spend SPLOST money because it's just there when the county can't even maintain the current parks they have? That has been noted in a couple of BOC mtgs. Again I think it's a beautiful park, but I just can not understand why a park would be built right next to a busy highway. This park is just a few feet away from Highway 278

Rockster

the Austin Boys have a grand plans for this area and the city of Dallas, They are now spending over $2,000,000 to connect the silver Comet Trail to the Business District ( Water Fountain area) of Dallas complete with bike Trail ,Trail Head etc. and the new park. Oh..... the new park has its own maintenance schedule built into the park contract for the first two years. I am told a City Council member got that contract, I have not verified that..... YET!!!! Them Austin Boys have laid more sidewalks than they have roads. Do you realize that the City of Dallas has almost a 5 Mill tax rate and it is still climbing. No wonder all the Business are leaving the area. And nothing relocating there.

• Like 4

I love social media. I just read this on Facebook... PCAA Mission Statement; The purpose of the PCAA is to deceive, ignore, hide, skirt sunshine laws, squash opposition, ignore concerns and bully the community; report misleading and error filled studies, make up facts and promote them as truth, use unqualified individuals that have a history of failure to make recommendations on the use and future use of Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport and its facilities, review annually the excessive cost overruns at the airport and ask the taxpayers to pony up additional money to cover their incompetence in order to assure incompatibility with general aviation procedures and threaten the overall welfare of the community. The PCAA is to encourage the use of the Airport as a business experiment for wealthy out of town investors and promote piss poor community relations.

• Like 4

I love social media. I just read this on Facebook... PCAA Mission Statement; The purpose of the PCAA is to deceive, ignore, hide, skirt sunshine laws, squash opposition, ignore concerns and bully the community; report misleading and error filled studies, make up facts and promote them as truth, use unqualified individuals that have a history of failure to make recommendations on the use and future use of Paulding Northwest Atlanta Airport and its facilities, review annually the excessive cost overruns at the airport and ask the taxpayers to pony up additional money to cover their incompetence in order to assure incompatibility with general aviation procedures and threaten the overall welfare of the community. The PCAA is to encourage the use of the Airport as a business experiment for wealthy out of town investors and promote piss poor community relations.

Well said, Mojo....as always.

Now that IS FUNNY!!!!

How anyone, including the "blue shirt" mafia could condem the construction of Veteran's Park is beyond belief. This group seems to be anti-everything positive in this county. I heard recently the no-balled Commissioners this group is propping up are getting weak-knees on the reservoir project.

Not that anyone should be surprised; these three Clowns don't posses the balls to to anything that is long-term. These bottom dwellers don't make a move without consulting the Ponytail "what.. I got arrested again" Prisioner, Troutman Sanders, Chip Lake, Cathy "finally paid my back taxes" Sasser-Helms, Anthony "the Atlanta Fire Department is glad I retired" Avery, Kerstin "I use to sag till I started using the Veterans Park trail" Kruse, and K.V. "please let me have something to bitch about this morning" Coggins.

Before you even bother... I couldn't begin to explain the level of give a crap I have about your shallow retorts... #ya'llsuck.

• Like 1

How anyone, including the "blue shirt" mafia could condem the construction of Veteran's Park is beyond belief. This group seems to be anti-everything positive in this county. I heard recently the no-balled Commissioners this group is propping up are getting weak-knees on the reservoir project.

Not that anyone should be surprised; these three Clowns don't posses the balls to to anything that is long-term. These bottom dwellers don't make a move without consulting the Ponytail "what.. I got arrested again" Prisioner, Troutman Sanders, Chip Lake, Cathy "finally paid my back taxes" Sasser-Helms, Anthony "the Atlanta Fire Department is glad I retired" Avery, Kerstin "I use to sag till I started using the Veterans Park trail" Kruse, and K.V. "please let me have something to bitch about this morning" Coggins.

Before you even bother... I couldn't begin to explain the level of give a crap I have about your shallow retorts... #ya

and this is why there will be no compromise......

I had hoped the topic would not degenerate but obviously it has and it did.

I have no knowledge of the real identity of the poster Toxic ... and reject the assertion the person posting is a known person.

The off-topic personal attacks need to stop.

pubby