Paulding.com

Homeless folks in Dallas - Merchants Drive area

I hope none of you that are making assumptions consider yourself Christian. Think the savior acted the same towards others. If you are so worried about what a plight these people cause your wonderful county then give them all you have. You people kill me with the rhinking that homeless people are such a burden or are all a bunch of scam artists. I want the shriners to stop messing up intersections. They only give about 1% to the hospital that is donated anyways. But since half of You crying about vagrants are mason you don't see a double standard.

The one's I posted, I know for a fact they are scam artists, this is in Newnan and Peachtree City.

They really bug us because they stay outside all day with small children in the heat. That is why the cops are called on them most of the time. All they can do is make them leave, and they just go somewhere else and beg for money instead of getting a job. Probably the same thing going on in Paulding, especially when I read he has kids out there with him. I've read they are Gypsies and then I've heard they are Muslims??????

Edited by DallasRED
  • Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have always given money or food to those "begging" on the roads or parking lots. That's not to say I give to everyone I see but I let my heart and common sense guide me. I have never had anyone turn

I just got home from there and did not see anyone.   I was going to get their story (and some help)   if you see them again snap a picture and text me 770-833-2175

I do realize when I give money to people that I might be supporting a panhandling career but when I see kids I can't not help in some way. When my daughter and I were shopping a few weeks ago we came

I have always given money or food to those "begging" on the roads or parking lots. That's not to say I give to everyone I see but I let my heart and common sense guide me. I have never had anyone turn down food or water in my experience. Earlier this year the older black man that stood on the 75/85 ramp downtown was run over and killed. About a month earlier I had given him a bottle of water as I went by and he was very appreciative and drank it like he was really thirsty. He lived under a freaking bridge I don't think he was making millions off of the cold hearted and self righteous. There was a Hispanic family (two adults and two children) near Wendy's last year asking for food not necessarily money. I went in bought a bag of food and a tray of drinks and took them to them. The children and the mother sat right down and ate voraciously. They were freaking hungry. My Grandmother would raise from the grave and whoop my ass if I let someone go hungry when I could help. She had nothing materially but she was a giver. She practiced what the words in red preached. I am sure there are scammers but you know what they have to deal with that not me. If I give with a open heart and my intentions are good I really don't care about their motive. For you believers call it charity. For you skeptics call it Karma but I have never lost a penny or a minute of sleep by helping someone less fortunate than me. For those who can read a persons intentions by simply driving by, you have missed your calling, open a psychic hotline you have a gift.

Well Said! :good:

I hope none of you that are making assumptions consider yourself Christian. Think the savior acted the same towards others. If you are so worried about what a plight these people cause your wonderful county then give them all you have. You people kill me with the rhinking that homeless people are such a burden or are all a bunch of scam artists. I want the shriners to stop messing up intersections. They only give about 1% to the hospital that is donated anyways. But since half of You crying about vagrants are mason you don't see a double standard.

If you are a Christian who believes in the gospel, you must be a most productive and self-sufficient person.

God told us "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food" (Gen. 3:19).

In 2 Thessalonians 3:10 we read "if any would not work, neither should he eat".

1 Timothy 5:8 Paul says, "If you do not provide for your own household, you have denied your faith and you are worse than an infidel (pagan)."

If you are able-bodied and lazy, or a parasite--a drone, or an unproductive person who depends on your wife, parents, government, and the church, a person who is looking for welfare handouts--you are bringing shame to the gospel and shame and disrespect to yourself.

Vagrants, squatters, and panhandlers create a lot of problems for the entire community. It will lead to an increase in crime and will bring property values down.

Are you a Pharissee, or a Christian, C R B?

The Pharisees and the teachers of the Law are experts in the Law of Moses. So obey everything they teach you, but don’t do as they do. After all, they say one thing and do something else. - Jesus Christ

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

I used to volunteer for a church based charity....My favorite was a couple who came in for food..and some assistance for lodging....they were dirty with raggedy clothes but the wife had brand new sneakers on and her nails just polished to perfection...the husband was smoking a cigarette and told me a sob story of not being employed....they stated they have no money and the kids were hungry...we gave them a bag of food and some diapers for the baby..the woman stated Wally world diapers were not acceptable....Needless to say I was totally annoyed and never volunteered again...

I used to volunteer for a church based charity....My favorite was a couple who came in for food..and some assistance for lodging....they were dirty with raggedy clothes but the wife had brand new sneakers on and her nails just polished to perfection...the husband was smoking a cigarette and told me a sob story of not being employed....they stated they have no money and the kids were hungry...we gave them a bag of food and some diapers for the baby..the woman stated Wally world diapers were not acceptable....Needless to say I was totally annoyed and never volunteered again...

No, it's wasn't needles to say. It lets people know how you are with your selection of crooks. And, it lets people know that you profile needy people.

But, how many others were helped that were truly in need?

And now for the rest of story.....this couple also were at other food ministries in Paulding County the same day.....before they came to mine.....We did give them food and diapers....so before you judge me I give monetary gifts every month to my charity I just don't like being conned and help not going to the people who need it....

• Like 1

If you are a Christian who believes in the gospel, you must be a most productive and self-sufficient person.

God told us "By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food" (Gen. 3:19).

In 2 Thessalonians 3:10 we read "if any would not work, neither should he eat".

1 Timothy 5:8 Paul says, "If you do not provide for your own household, you have denied your faith and you are worse than an infidel (pagan)."

If you are able-bodied and lazy, or a parasite--a drone, or an unproductive person who depends on your wife, parents, government, and the church, a person who is looking for welfare handouts--you are bringing shame to the gospel and shame and disrespect to yourself.

Vagrants, squatters, and panhandlers create a lot of problems for the entire community. It will lead to an increase in crime and will bring property values down.

Every one of those verses have to do with faith. Not secular food but spiritual food.

I was homeless at the age of six. Though my parents did not pan handle we were in need. Spent four months traveling the country while my father looked for work. I know what it means not to have anything. Loved it for nearly thirty years. Well someone believed in me and I now own a home two new cars have a career making 70,000 a year with full benifits. So maybe if you start believing in others instead of your own righteousness then others can also ve prosperous.

• Like 5

I was homeless at the age of six. Though my parents did not pan handle we were in need. Spent four months traveling the country while my father looked for work. I know what it means not to have anything. Loved it for nearly thirty years. Well someone believed in me and I now own a home two new cars have a career making 70,000 a year with full benifits. So maybe if you start believing in others instead of your own righteousness then others can also ve prosperous.

I'm proud of you, afcs! :drinks:

That is the difference. Your family was truly in need and your father was looking for work. The ones in PTC their idea of work, is standing outside all day begging for money, paying no taxes on that money and using their children for pity.

• Like 3

That is the difference. Your family was truly in need and your father was looking for work. The ones in PTC their idea of work, is standing outside all day begging for money, paying no taxes on that money and using their children for pity.

I wasn't aware.

They are too much like the corporate greed folks for me to giver them a dime, now that I know how they are.

Bingo...

But, have you stopped to ask if these folks are truly in need? Or did you just sit in judgement as you drove by in your air conditioned car?

The point is we still don't know if these folks IN PAULDING County are in need or not.

I am glad I'm not some of you, it must be miserable up there in your ivory tower looking down on the rest of the working class, and the poor.

Edited by gog8tors
  • Like 4

But, have you stopped to ask if these folks are truly in need? Or did you just sit in judgement as you drove by in your air conditioned car?

The point is we still don't know if these folks IN PAULDING County are in need or not.

I am glad I'm not some of you, it must be miserable up there in your ivory tower looking down on the rest of the working class, and the poor.

Of course they are in "need"...just ask them.

Like they haven't been practicing that spiel for a while.

They can sound very convincing, gog, and it's confusing for an old man like me. I hope the best for those poor people, if they are truly destitute and this is the options they have, under their condition.

Thank you, for your help in understanding!

Are you another one who has their air conditioner on when they drive by?

We are all in need of something ... starting with our next breath of air, dogs.

Truely, a conservative can assert the value of a life and point to 'progressive' words set in print in 1624 ... which means that they have been a part of our culture for nearly four centuries.

No man is an island,

Entire of itself,

Every man is a piece of the continent,

A part of the main.

If a clod be washed away by the sea,

Europe is the less.

As well as if a promontory were.

As well as if a manor of thy friend's

Or of thine own were:

Any man's death diminishes me,

Because I am involved in mankind,

And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;

It tolls for thee.

We really are 'all in this together.'

pubby

Are you another one who has their air conditioner on when they drive by?

Their living on the streets is a result of their own bad decisions. My good decision is to keep the windows up and stay cool.

We are all in need of something ... starting with our next breath of air, dogs.

Truely, a conservative can assert the value of a life and point to 'progressive' words set in print in 1624 ... which means that they have been a part of our culture for nearly four centuries.

We really are 'all in this together.'

pubby

Yep. Never once supported Planned Parenthood like you bleeding heart lilbs do.

Their living on the streets is a result of their own bad decisions. My good decision is to keep the windows up and stay cool.

That's what I figured you did. Rode by with your windows up staying cool. The kids were not making decisions.

Stay cool, Gd, while belittling poor people. Were you the one who called the law?

Employers want hire people over here, who really need the work, like they will in Bangladash, Gd. And, if they did, they probably wouldn't provide safe work conditions.

These people were trying to work, and the employers killed about 1,100 of them, and injured a lot more than that.

ap_bangladesh_factory_collapse_ll_130424

Edited by The Postman

I don't support pp nor am I liberal. Happen to be pretty damned conservative, just don't like bigots or hypocrisy. I believe in people, and that right is right and wrong is wrong no matter whom you are or what job you may or may not have. No one person is better than another.

• Like 3

Saw this on FB

Imagine if everyone had a few of these in their car...................

1921983_10205090991292504_13738911494776

Blessing Bags to keep in the car when you pass homeless people. Something special you can do with the kids to teach them about caring for others.

BLESSING BAGS

INGREDIENTS:

Gallon size Ziplock bags
chap stick
packages of tissues
toothbrush and toothpaste
comb
soap
hotel size shampoos
trail mix
granola bars
crackers
pack of gum
band aids
mouthwash
coins or predetermined dollar amount, say 5.00 (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)
hand wipes
you could also put in a warm pair of socks
a packet rain poncho
tampons (for women)
The ideas could be endless!

Assemble all the items in the bags, and maybe throw in a note of encouragement. Seal the bags and stow in your car for a moment of providence.

• Like 4

Saw this on FB

Blessing Bags to keep in the car when you pass homeless people. Something special you can do with the kids to teach them about caring for others.

BLESSING BAGS

INGREDIENTS:

Gallon size Ziplock bags

chap stick

packages of tissues

comb

soap

hotel size shampoos

trail mix

granola bars

crackers

pack of gum

band aids

mouthwash

coins or predetermined dollar amount, say 5.00 (could be used to make a phone call, or purchase a food item)

hand wipes

a packet rain poncho

tampons (for women)

Assemble all the items in the bags, and maybe throw in a note of encouragement. Seal the bags and stow in your car for a moment of providence.

Can I just give out Amazon gift cards instead?

Saw this on FB

BLESSING BAGS

INGREDIENTS:

Gallon size Ziplock bags

chap stick

packages of tissues

comb

soap

hotel size shampoos

trail mix

granola bars

crackers

pack of gum

band aids

mouthwash

hand wipes

a packet rain poncho

tampons (for women)

That's a great idea! I think I'll start carrying one of those myself.

I don't support pp nor am I liberal. Happen to be pretty damned conservative, just don't like bigots or hypocrisy. I believe in people, and that right is right and wrong is wrong no matter whom you are or what job you may or may not have. No one person is better than another.

Bad things happen to good people and then sometimes it is just the karma train pulling into the station for some :rolleyes:

When I give to those in need I always view it as giving it to God. I feel good about it. I never look at it as being ripped off, only that I have done something to help my fellow man and any deceit is between the receiver and God. I do the same thing when the offering plate goes by..... :ph34r:.

- Jamie

• Like 5

That's the way I always looked at it when I worked in Midtown. Lots of homeless folks. I would give them a dollar and a cigarette. What they do with it is on them.

It they need a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 to get thru the day it's alright by me.

• Like 2

That's the way I always looked at it when I worked in Midtown. Lots of homeless folks. I would give them a dollar and a cigarette. What they do with it is on them.

It they need a bottle of Mad Dog 20/20 to get thru the day it's alright by me.

Homeless people become homeless for different reasons; do they not, Lo?

It's not all laziness, and it could be brought on by no fault of their own. Someone close to any of us may be one catastrophe away from becoming homeless.

Yeah, like many veterans are homeless.

It's shameful the money our politicians spend on everything except our veterans.

You mean our politicians don't deserve those expensive, heated, plush toilet seats? Or do you mean the money spent because of some idiotic bills they have passed?

Well, we could start with all of the kiss-ass money going to foreign countries that we send our military to fight.

That one is my favorite. First send the troops over seas, then send money to rebuild foreign countries because just sending troops to fight someone else's war is not enough.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 3

We can't even take care of veterans but yet we expect our young people to step up to the challenge? And when they come home in pieces, there's no help? Wait months for a VA doctors appointment only to be denied help?

I've never understood why vets have to be streamed through a huge government bureaucracy called the VA that won't /can't help because they're slushing the money.

Mainstream them with regular insurance with regular doctors and hospitals.

• Like 3

Yeah, soap and shampoo work great if you have a source for water and a place to bathe. I'm betting homeless = neither.

The note could say:

Hope you don't choke on the granola - good luck!

Wow, cynical much?

Something is better than nothing. Homeless people use public restrooms to clean up the best the can. Nothing feels better than brusing your teeth when they haven't been brushed in days. And the money in the pouch will help buy something to drink, while they're out collecting money.

It's a good idea full of small things that matter to people that have nothing.

• Like 4

Yeah, soap and shampoo work great if you have a source for water and a place to bathe. I'm betting homeless = neither.

The note could say:

Hope you don't choke on the granola - good luck!

When we had a hurricane come through and we didn't have a way to take a full shower,because of no water, we learned how to use a wash rag and a small amount of water to clean up.

I do love how the very people who are quick to say don't judge are the same ones who are judging. SMH

• Like 1