Paulding.com

Please pray for the Morrisons

Thad's heart stopped this morning. The resuscitated him, but the prognosis is not good.

Melissa needs our prayers. She left the hospital last night and came in just as they got his heart going again. They took him up for a cat scan to check for brain damage.

Melissa said that the pneumonia had gotten worse.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was indeed a wonderful day. Monday the doctors told me to have someone with me for surport on Tuesday. They would reduce his meds to bring him out of the induced coma. They toldMe not to e

Louise posted this on her FB a couple of hours ago:     Dad had an MRI yesterday, which came back clear. The doctors say that he will have a full recovery. He is responsive, but very weak and obvio

Went to visit Thad amd Melissa today. Thad lauguhed at me as I entered the room. He was in good spirits. He was sitting up in a recliner and Melissa said he had walked, with much help, 100 feet. YIPPI

Prayers said!!!!

I really think losing that house was the beginning of the end for Thad....... :(

I remember him speaking about what he went through after his surgery....and he couldn't talk about it without getting emotional ....I pray he finds peace and comfort.

Only His hands can hold those lungs and breathe the air of life and understanding. May our Lord make this choice for Thad yet another time. And hold Melissa as no one else can; against his chest of peace. We do not know His will. Praying.

• Like 4

:::POSITIVEHEALINGTHOUGHTS:::

Pushing hard ........

sending our best to both of them .......

I hate this. I checked this am and seen nothing new which I believed he was still going good. I just wonder why and how this all came about. I will still keep praying for them. I hope it turns around for him and stays that way.

I got a text earlier, they are still working on him, he's having seizures and they are having trouble stabilizing him. The scan showed some damage to the brain, but they don't know the extent. He's still non-responsive.

I'm saddened beyond words. Please pray for Melissa as well, I can't imagine what she's going through.

Lord have mercy on Thad and Melissa. They are both strong and been through so much. I sure hope things go better. I keep praying and praying and thinking about them both. How many times do they have to be put through this? It is so sad.

I missed this 'new topic' ... so I'm reposting what I said in the other. There is really nothing new here although having been there I feel more hopeful than I would otherwise.

I just visited with Melissa at the hospital. I had hoped to find Thad a bit more chipper but as I was on my way, Melissa texted me that he had yet another turn for the worse. Apparently he had some seizures this morning and his heart stopped in the midst of the episode ... but the doctors were able to stabilize his vitals after they worked on him.

They've moved him back to ICU and they've lowered his blood temperature and induced a coma to protect his mental faculties. They expect him to remain in the induced coma until tomorrow about noon. At that point they'll know if he has suffered an impairment due to the incident. Melissa arrived this morning just as this episode was occurring and saw him in ICU where she said she felt him squeeze her hand.

Melissa is holding up well and the doctors told them not to 'put out the call' - i.e. have IV fly in from California ... so there is still good reason for hope and a full recovery ... but to say that hope is guarded is no understatement.

Thad, Melissa, Louise, IV and their families need your prayers now.

pubby

I talked to Melissa around 4:00 this afternoon and she was going home and eat and try to relax.

She said Thad was in a coma but they have also sedated him and inducing hypothermia. Tomorrow they will bring his temperature back up and go from there.

She's so grateful for all the thoughts and prayers and her faith is unwavering.

Thank you Pubby and Low,

I was getting on to update when I saw you both had done it.

I am physically unable to get up there to support her and it is (as Melissa would say hurting my heart)

I am up and down with Lyme again and it seems to flare at the worse time.

I know Low has been up there with her a lot and it means the world to her just to have a shoulder to lean on and a sounding board for her for fears and troubles.

I can pray and I have all day.

• Like 3

Oh my word, how horrible! Still praying for quick and complete healing. I am so sorry and sad that they are having to go through this.

I just heard from Melissa, They will begin warming Thad up 11AM.

His pneumonia is worst and they are suctioning him before they take him out of the hypothermia.

Thad had a heart attack and a stroke.

Like Melissa said, pray hard this morning.

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks that he has been in the hospital.

I'm so sad right now, and prayerful for this family.

• Melissa, I'm not sure if you will see this or not today. I used to work at Richard's Printing for Conrad and Gwen (MANY) years ago.. I remember you and your husband very well and am so sorry that he is going through all of this. Praying for peace and comfort during this time while they try to bring him back to you.

• Like 3

I just heard from Melissa, They will begin warming Thad up 11AM.

His pneumonia is worst and they are suctioning him before they take him out of the hypothermia.

Thad had a heart attack and a stroke.

Like Melissa said, pray hard this morning.

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks that he has been in the hospital.

I'm so sad right now, and prayerful for this family.

I stopped by the hospital this afternoon to see Thad and Melissa.

There were in middle of warming Thad up.

He squeezed Melissa's hand, as well as the nurse's and my hand.

Very light, but it was pressure.

I met their daughter for the first time, she is pretty young lady, she obviously takes after her mom. (thank goodness :) )

Hopefully they will have some good news after the MRI and other tests.

• Like 10