Paulding.com

Dr. J. Henry Dunfee MD

The community has lost a great freind in the death of Dr. J. Henry Dunfee MD who passed away last night at at Smyrna Hospital suddenly. Arrangements for the funeral are not available at this time, but the Benson Funeral Home will handle the funeral locally.

Dr. Dunfee will be greatly missed by many, his support of the people of Paulding was great, and his family loves the people of this community. Please pray for this family in their time of loss.

Mrs. Dunfee is a wonderful woman and teacher. She helped my son and family through one of the worst times of our our lives. I am in prayer with all of you for her and her family. She has two children, a son and a daughter.

I teach with Mrs. Dunfee at school and have been a friend for a number of years. Dr. Dunfee was one of the most caring, considerate, most compassionate, and unselfish human beings to ever be born. There have been many circumstances in the past where someone needed a doctor and he would say, "Come on up." Many of these people were new to our state and new teachers who couldn't afford a Dr. visit, or were single parents who couldn't afford care, or folks who had things happen at the last minute, and he always took the time to be there and helped people regardless of whether he ever received payment.

When my son died in November, he and his wife were literally some of the first people who were there for me. His wife came as a friend and so did he, but he always had that concern that went beyond all else.... "Do you need anything?".... "How are you doing?" ..... ""How are you making it?".... "Is there anything I can do to help?" "Take care of yourself." He even tried to set up counseling for me just in case I wanted to go. What I am trying to say, is that he was a wonderful doctor and friend. He didn't look at folks as just a doctor/patient, he cared about his patients and got to know them. This community has lost a wonderful person..... he will be missed.....

Edited by ReadingRules

*tears*

Dr. D, I affectionately called him, was my close personal friend and physician. He has helped me through some of the toughest times in my life. I shared many great talks and laughs with him.

I am really shocked (I just found out) and I can't say much now.

Goodbye friend. You are loved greatly and will be missed.

:(

• 6 months later...

I am from out of town, and I just found out yesterday December 22, 2005. I am a relative of Dr. Dunfee, and this news has just broke my heart. Dr. Dunfee was a sensitive and caring individual all of his life. He will always be in my thoughts and heart. If anyone knows his wife Jane, tell her I would love to talk to her. She was a wonderful wife to Dr. Dunfee, and a great mother to their children. My prayers are with her and the children.