Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
J'smom

Prayers for PCHS community

Prayers going up for the families of the PCHS rising senior and his recent PC graduate girlfriend who were killed in a wreck on 61 at Old Villa Rica Road. The girl's brother was airlifted to Grady and the driver that hit them was taken to Kennestone. Prayers for healing for the injured and for comfort and strength for the families, friends, classmates, and team mates of the high school sweethearts lost way too young. My niece is shocked, she was friends with Nick. My sister used to live off Old Villa Rica Rd and that's a dangerous turn to make, left onto 61, Such a horrible, tragic situation. There's a Go Fund Me account set up for funeral expenses, and it was so touching to see that the booster club of South Paulding HS donated to it. Paulding is truly a small-town county, and when one hurts we all hurt.

• Like 8

I came up on this wreck seconds after it happened.I saw Josh pinned by the door,the door was shut across is stomach/chest and he was pleading for someone to help.I jumped in the ditch and told him to hold on while I made sure the car was stable.The door would not open,so I grabbed the window frame and bent it down,by this time another friend from church was down there with me and we pulled Josh out and laid him in the ditch.I could see part of his sister and yelled her name,but no response.There is no doubt to me that Nick and Janeal never knew what happened.
I stayed with Josh and helped put him on the stretcher.......in the channel 2 news video,that is me in the red shirt.

I don't know how our fire,rescue law enforce and emt's deal with what they see every day

• Like 5

I have been gone for several weeks and yesterday coming south on 61, I saw some people putting up a little memorial by Old Villa Rica rd. Wondered why? Now I know. Very sad to hear what happened .

Does anyone know of any arrangements yet? I think as a community it would be such a show of love and support if we could just stop by and pay our respect. I plan on it and so will my grandson.

I came up on this wreck seconds after it happened.I saw Josh pinned by the door,the door was shut across is stomach/chest and he was pleading for someone to help.I jumped in the ditch and told him to hold on while I made sure the car was stable.The door would not open,so I grabbed the window frame and bent it down,by this time another friend from church was down there with me and we pulled Josh out and laid him in the ditch.I could see part of his sister and yelled her name,but no response.There is no doubt to me that Nick and Janeal never knew what happened.

I stayed with Josh and helped put him on the stretcher.......in the channel 2 news video,that is me in the red shirt.

I don't know how our fire,rescue law enforce and emt's deal with what they see every day

I'm glad you were there at the right moment. You may have saved his life.

• Like 1

God bless you for stopping to help. Lowrider is right, you might have saved that child's life. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as I'm sure this was tough on you and was a very hard thing to experience.

• Like 1

You are a hero. Thank you.

The east football family is praying for both the families of the two students and the PCHS family. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone. Tragic accident.

• Like 1

I called one of the funeral homes and they said the family is getting prices, so I don't think any arrangements have been made yet.

A vigil has been planned by PCHS Students in honor of Nick & Janeal

Saturday 6/20/2015
Paulding County High School parking Lot
7:00 pm
Please bring one balloon (Orange) & one candle

The outpouring of support has been awesome!!

Please continue to share the link to help offset funeral costs -

http://dt.gofund.me/xbecva2

• Like 1

On Wednesday as I was driving home from a trail run in Cartersville I traveled on highway 61 south. As I passed through the intersection at 278-61 at the gas station on the right there, I ended up behind two vehicles that at first I thought were just punk teens driving badly. One was a black mustang and one was what I discovered was a camry. The camry was dangerously tailing the mustang and the mustang was speeding up and slamming on brakes while the camry aggressively tailed the mustang. All the while both cars picked up speed very quickly. The camry then attempted to pass on double yellow lines and the mustang sped up very quickly to stop her from passing so both lanes were taken up as they raced along. At that point, another small sedan was turning left out of a side road and that moment the camry had attempted to jerk over in front of the mustang and smashed into the turning vehicle. Both the camry and mustang were going at exceptional speeds. I was attempting to call 911 on them racing and road raging but was too late. As a result of the Camry and Mustang's road rage, two people died. I was literally right behind them. No matter what 'news story' you read on this accident, this is the truth of what happened. I felt it necessary to post this because NO news outlet has gotten it right. It was a horrific thing but the fact they are blaming the deceased people makes me furious. Oh, and 911 never did answer when I was able to call. Very reassuring. ETA: The mustang was completely undamaged. The camry was totaled but the driver came away with a busted ankle. The other sedan had the fatalities.Also, the camry driver just kept sobbing how it was all her fault, she did it, it was her fault. I agree.

• Like 1

On Wednesday as I was driving home from a trail run in Cartersville I traveled on highway 61 south. As I passed through the intersection at 278-61 at the gas station on the right there, I ended up behind two vehicles that at first I thought were just punk teens driving badly. One was a black mustang and one was what I discovered was a camry. The camry was dangerously tailing the mustang and the mustang was speeding up and slamming on brakes while the camry aggressively tailed the mustang. All the while both cars picked up speed very quickly. The camry then attempted to pass on double yellow lines and the mustang sped up very quickly to stop her from passing so both lanes were taken up as they raced along. At that point, another small sedan was turning left out of a side road and that moment the camry had attempted to jerk over in front of the mustang and smashed into the turning vehicle. Both the camry and mustang were going at exceptional speeds. I was attempting to call 911 on them racing and road raging but was too late. As a result of the Camry and Mustang's road rage, two people died. I was literally right behind them. No matter what 'news story' you read on this accident, this is the truth of what happened. I felt it necessary to post this because NO news outlet has gotten it right. It was a horrific thing but the fact they are blaming the deceased people makes me furious. Oh, and 911 never did answer when I was able to call. Very reassuring. ETA: The mustang was completely undamaged. The camry was totaled but the driver came away with a busted ankle. The other sedan had the fatalities.Also, the camry driver just kept sobbing how it was all her fault, she did it, it was her fault. I agree.

How very sad and awful.

Prayers for the families.

Kerstin Kruse Liberty

2 hrs · Edited ·

Why in the world hasn't this been published by any news source? Did you give your account to the police? Was the driver of the Toyota charged? Does the family know what really happened?

This is so senseless and sad and I think the two racing cars should be charged. Two very bright and promising young people lost their lives because of their carelessness. And I haven't even heard an update about the brother in the hospital.

That could have been one of mine!

• Like 2

Why in the world hasn't this been published by any news source? Did you give your account to the police? Was the driver of the Toyota charged? Does the family know what really happened?

This is so senseless and sad and I think the two racing cars should be charged. Two very bright and promising young people lost their lives because of their carelessness. And I haven't even heard an update about the brother in the hospital.

That could have been one of mine!

Other witnesses told of the reckless driving as well.

Pic from the scene.

post-5-0-26784100-1434736539_thumb.jpg

I did hear something along those lines -- I wasn't sure if it was related to the accident.

It is so very sad, that Nick and Janeal passed, leaving their families and friends in such grief and pain.

I hope you and the other drivers that saw all that going on, reported it to law enforcement It won't bring those two young people back, but, perhaps give their families and friends "some closure."

As for the two drivers that were speeding, as you say -- words escape me, but, in some shape, form, or fashion, "throw the book at them."

It was so senseless to do what they were doing -- and it cost the lives of two innocent people, who had their future right in front of them.

• Like 2

In light of this information that I wasn't aware of, it makes me so angry.

I want those people driving so careless and reckless and well over the speed limit to be charged with something. How do you cause the death of two people and serious injury to another and walk away free? Was the driver of the Toyota tested for alcohol and drugs?

I would be all over whoever I had to be to try to bring some charges on these two individuals.

• Like 6

In light of this information that I wasn't aware of, it makes me so angry.

I want those people driving so careless and reckless and well over the speed limit to be charged with something. How do you cause the death of two people and serious injury to another and walk away free? Was the driver of the Toyota tested for alcohol and drugs?

I would be all over whoever I had to be to try to bring some charges on these two individuals.

I just heard on the news that further investigation had been done and the no charges status may change. They also referenced the post on Facebook.

Wonder when the driver of the Mustang will be identified.

Edited by gog8tors

My grandson said there will be a memorial tomorrow at PCHS at 7:00. He's going to take a bunch of orange balloons, that was her favorite color.

FOX5 also said there would be a memorial at the high school but they didn't give a time. Jordan said its all over Instagram at 7:00.

• Like 1

Thank you for the outpouring love shown for Nick and Janeal from the Patriot Nation, their families are going to need our support for the weeks and months to come.

We have set up a meal train to help feed the families, please follow the links below and help if you can

Family of Nick
https://mealtrain.com/74w888

My grandson said there will be a memorial tomorrow at PCHS at 7:00. He's going to take a bunch of orange balloons, that was her favorite color.

FOX5 also said there would be a memorial at the high school but they didn't give a time. Jordan said its all over Instagram at 7:00.

It is. I thought someone had already posted it. Maybe in the other topic in the News forum.

• Like 2

Thank you for the outpouring love shown for Nick and Janeal from the Patriot Nation, their families are going to need our support for the weeks and months to come.

We have set up a meal train to help feed the families, please follow the links below and help if you can

Family of Nickhttps://mealtrain.com/74w888

Family of Janealhttps://mealtrain.com/o2688n

It is. I thought someone had already posted it. Maybe in the other topic in the News forum.

Oh my gosh, that's wonderful! I may contact Cindy's Kitchen in Hiram and purchase a meal for them. Thank you!

If you've never tried Cindy's you should. It's "slap yo Mama" good!!

• Like 2

My kids knew of Nick but with mine at East and Nick at PCHS, they didn't have an opportunity to get to know him well. Still, they are very devastated, heartbroken and in shock. Several of my kid's friends who were close, personal friends of Nick's have came by over the last couple days. To see these kids so emotionally raw is heartbreaking. They can't believe their best friend is gone, the one they just talked to...the one who had a great future in football...the one who always had a smile on his face...the one who played a harmless prank in class on the last day of school....the one who had a beautiful girlfriend, Janeal, that he loved so much.... The stories go on and on, each kid telling them with tears in their eyes and one just sobbing uncontrollably. What do you say to these kids in a moment like this? All,I know to do is just listen, cry with them and give hugs. :( Nick and Janeal were very much loved and respected by all who knew them. They leave behind a huge legacy of love. The outpouring of love and support being shown by our community is awe inspiring. My prayers go out to their parents, family and all who loved them. Rest in Peace Nick and Janeal, you're in the arms of the angels.

"If I Knew"

IF I KNEW

If I knew it would be the last time

That I'd see you fall asleep,

I would tuck you in more tightly

and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.

If I knew it would be ! the last time

that I see you walk out the door,

I would ! give you a hug and kiss

and call you back for one more.

I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,

I would video tape each action and word,

so I could play them back day after day.

If I knew it would be the last time,

I could spare an extra minute

to stop and say "I love you,"

instead of assuming you would KNOW I do.

I would be there to share your day,

Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,

so I can let just this one slip away.

For surely there's always tomorrow

to make up for an oversight,

and we always get a second chance

to make everything just right.

There will always be another day

to say "I love you,"

And certainly there's another chance

to say our "Anything I can do?"

But just in case I might be wrong,

and today is all I get,

I'd like to say how much I love you

and I hope we never forget.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,

young or old alike,

And today may be the last chance

you get to hold your loved one tight.

So if you're waiting for tomorrow,

why not do it today?

For if tomorrow never comes,

you'll surely regret the day,

That you didn't take that extra time

for a smile, a hug, or a kiss

and you were too busy to grant someone,

what turned out to be their one last wish.

So hold your loved ones close today,

and whisper in their ear,

Tell them how much you love them

and that you'll always hold them dear

Take time to say "! I'm sorry,"

"Please forgive me," "Thank you," or "It's okay! ."

And if tomorrow never comes,

you'll have no regrets about today.

Author: unknown- it was emailed to me on a 9/11 memorial email

• Like 4

Such kind words Dana. This has me upset as well. I can't believe that it has happended to two sweet, promising young people. My grandson and his girlfriend were both friends with Janeal.

I rode by the memorial twice today on highway 61 and there was a crowd of folks there both times.

I just left the memorial at the high school and there was such a huge turnout. I'm so proud of our community coming together to offer support and help at such a tragic time.

It just makes me so sad for her family and saddest of all for her mama.

I'll post a couple of pictures from my phone. Channel 46 was there as well.

• Like 4

PCHS Football

A vigil has been planned by PCHS Students in honor of Nick & Janeal

Saturday 6/20/2015

Paulding County High School parking Lot

7:00 pmPlease bring one balloon (Orange) & one candle

The outpouring of support has been awesome!!

Please continue to share the link to help offset funeral costs -

http://dt.gofund.me/xbecva2

Goal has almost been reached, 15,000 has been raised in only two days. I'm blown away by the support of our loving community.

• Like 4

There is NOTHING more painful in this world then to lose a child...your heart will mend in time, but will always be broken just the same. If you have lost a child you know what my words mean. My heart goes out to these families...and I am so proud to see this county come together in their time of need.

• Like 1

This was on the news at noon on WSB and also on their website:

PAULDING COUNTY, Ga. —
Hundreds of people turned out Saturday night to remember two high school sweethearts who were killed in a crash this week.

Investigators are looking into a new witness account that could change who they hold responsible for the crash.

Channel 2's Tyisha Fernandes went to the vigil at Paulding County High School. She said hundreds gathered in the school parking lot, to pray for Janeal Priester and her boyfriend Nick Wright.

Priester had just graduated from Paulding High and was on her way to college. Wright was a rising senior and star linebacker on the football team.

“Just overwhelmed that he touched this many people at one time,” said William Wright, Nick’s father.

Wright told the crowd that Nick wouldn't want to see all these tears.

“He wouldn't want anybody to be crying, he'd want everybody to be happy,” Wright said.

Balloons were released to honor the couple.

Janeal's grandfather Keith Priester Sr. says it was symbolic.

“I said what a demonstration by all the hearts that were touched by Janeal and Nick,” Priester said.

Georgia State Patrol officials told Channel 2 Action News that Janeal didn't yield to oncoming traffic on Highway 61, and was T-boned by a 2007 Toyota Camry this week.

They said the driver of the Camry would not be criminally charged.

However, a woman wrote a message on Facebook that she witnessed the crash and it was the the fault of the driver of the Camry.

“I'm thinking and hoping that was a premature statement that was made and after the investigation and everything has been said and released, that you know justice will be served,” Wright said.

“There is truth that has to be exposed,” Priester said.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help pay for funeral costs for the couple.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/hundreds-turn-out-vigil-honor-high-school-sweethea/nmhT6/

Vigil1.jpg

• Like 1

Goal has almost been reached, 15,000 has been raised in only two days. I'm blown away by the support of our loving community.

Yes, and there is a meal train going as well. This is to help feed the families. There are several dates still available.

This is for Janeal's family

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/o2688n

This is for Nick's family

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/74w888

William said they are trying to work out the arraignments for the funerals to be held together.

• Like 1

Yes, and there is a meal train going as well. This is to help feed the families. There are several dates still available.

This is for Janeal's family

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/o2688n

This is for Nick's family

https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/74w888

William said they are trying to work out the arraignments for the funerals to be held together.

I was wondering if the funerals would be held together. Would you please let us know when you find out about the arrangements? Thank you for the links for the meals.

I was wondering if the funerals would be held together. Would you please let us know when you find out about the arrangements? Thank you for the links for the meals.

It will be this coming Saturday @ West Ridge Church 12PM.

• Like 1

It will be this coming Saturday @ West Ridge Church 12PM.

Thanks for the information. My boys and I will be there to pay our respects.

• Like 1

Great kids that always smiled and had good things to say about life! I will always remember them for their fun, easy going manner. God bless their families.

• Like 1

The viewing for Nick will begin at 9am this morning and will continue though the week.

Harden Funeral Home
420 Robert L. Parks Blvd.
Cedartown, Ga 30125
(770) 748-3131

Janeal Priester

Viewing at Bellamy funeral home

Friday 6/26 6pm-9pm

3551 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway

Hiram

Funeral Arrangements for Nick Wright & Janeal Priester -

Date - Saturday, 6/27/2015
Time - 12:00 pm