Paulding.com

What are they building here ?

Dallas Highway just below Lowes and Taco Mac but

on other side of the road.....big area where construction

is occuring.

Does anyone know what this is going to be ?

A new plaza ? Whole Foods -- LOL !

A housing development ?

Hubby and I are wondering.

We just saw it when whe went to Lowes yesterday .

If you are talking about at Sandtown Road and Dallas Highway , it is nursing home. My friend sold most of that property, so I am fairly sure that is what is going there.

The shopping area is to be at Dallas Highway and Casteel Road, which is just west of the Avenue.

• Like 1

Fred's

Awful close to the Dallas location though..........

It won't be in direct competition, though...this is to be their new Fred's Superstore which includes all the regular Fred's stuff and adult bookstore combo. Will also have a special access passage to the tunnels.

• Like 2

Well this is awkward. I heard that Freds closed down. :(

WHAT!!! NO WAY!!!

It won't be in direct competition, though...this is to be their new Fred's Superstore which includes all the regular Fred's stuff and adult bookstore combo. Will also have a special access passage to the tunnels.

Well that's what I heard too!

I wonder where Jenilyn is getting her information. :crazy:

• Like 1

Hey Blondie -- do you know what "they're doing" at the corner of Winndale and 61?

Another of life's great mysteries.

No idea.

I'm concerned it's going to end up commercial and that intersection is a bear as it is.

• Like 1

WHAT!!! NO WAY!!!

Well that's what I heard too!

I wonder where Jenilyn is getting her information. :crazy:

IDK...she's a bit sketchy. I don't trust her. She prolly wants to hog all the canned hams for herself. (Terrible pun intended. :D )

• Like 3

If you are talking about at Sandtown Road and Dallas Highway , it is nursing home. My friend sold most of that property, so I am fairly sure that is what is going there.

The shopping area is to be at Dallas Highway and Casteel Road, which is just west of the Avenue.

Your friend wouldn't happen to be a Summerour would they?? I know that family owned a lot of land all around that area years ago!

A Airport and Movie Studio that the Director is paid a very nice salary but has yet to produce any jobs. Think about it, I believe the dollar figures are approaching the $80 million mark the taxpayers are on the hook for, yet no jobs. Do the math!

Death Star.

You big dummy...everybody knows you have to build a Death Star in outer space. (Although everybody at IBM - former tenant - used to call the big center building in Wildwood off Powers Ferry the Death Star.)

I tried to find a pic, but couldn't. It's s monster...dark in color, maybe 10 stories, odd angles, and a frickin' HUMONGOUS footprint. Man, if you had to go see somebody in another department, you could count on 30 minutes' walk time round-trip.

Edited by mei lan
  • 1 year later...

UPDATE: Coming Soon- Sprouts, Stein Mart, Ulta, Zoe’s Kitchen, Mellow Mushroom and more!

http://bit.ly/2aUQSZg

The West Cobb Sprouts will be located in Parkside West Cobb, a new center from Columbia Properties. Located beside The Avenue West Cobb on Dallas Highway at Casteel Road, the new center will also be anchored by Marshalls, ULTA, Petco and Stein Mart. The center will also be home to a few restaurants including Zoës Kitchen and Mellow Mushroom. The West Cobb Sprouts should also open in the first quarter of 2017.

http://bit.ly/2b3Hz8N (published couple of months ago.)

Am looking forward to shop in Sprouts, PetCo and Ulta (they have products for men) closer to home. The Zoës menu looks really good!

• Like 1

Hey Blondie -- do you know what "they're doing" at the corner of Winndale and 61?

A year or so ago i remember seeing in the Dallas paper a article requesting a rezoning in that area from commercial to residential. That is all I know of.

UPDATE: Coming Soon- Sprouts, Stein Mart, Ulta, Zoe’s Kitchen, Mellow Mushroom and more!

http://bit.ly/2aUQSZg

The West Cobb Sprouts will be located in Parkside West Cobb, a new center from Columbia Properties. Located beside The Avenue West Cobb on Dallas Highway at Casteel Road, the new center will also be anchored by Marshalls, ULTA, Petco and Stein Mart. The center will also be home to a few restaurants including Zoës Kitchen and Mellow Mushroom. The West Cobb Sprouts should also open in the first quarter of 2017.

http://bit.ly/2b3Hz8N (published couple of months ago.)

Am looking forward to shop in Sprouts, PetCo and Ulta (they have products for men) closer to home. The Zoës menu looks really good!

Sprouts is a farmer's market? YES to Sprouts, Petco and Ulta! This makes me so excited! I have been a big Ulta fan almost from the time they opened on Barrett Parkway. Now I rarely go shopping in that area due to no handicap accessible vehicle and most of those shops, including the mall, do not have access to electric scooters. I still order Ulta online though. Hopefully by the time this shopping center opens I will have one and a more heavy duty "shopping scooter" of my own. Do you know when the Ulta and PetCo stores are scheduled to open? I've never heard of Zoe's Kitchen. Why kind of food do they serve?

Edited by MsGaStorm