Paulding.com

Be Careful What You Say. And, Don't Smoke On Private Property.

I remember one Sunday afternoon in April where it was the first warm day of Spring where I could have the windows rolled down on my patrol car. I was on a roadway where the speed limit was 55 mph and coming towards me was a silver Chevy S-10 doing 70 (radar). I made a u-turn and then pulled him over. Nine out of ten times when I pulled someone over for a moving violation, it was with the intent to give them a verbal warning; but I would have the dispatcher run their name through LEIN to make sure they weren't any warrants for them and to make sure their drivers license was valid.

When I approached this driver, he began yelling and insulting me before I could even say a word. I told him I had him on radar doing 70 in a 55. He accused me of just hassling him because I was "afraid to fight real crime." I also noticed the guy wasn't wearing a seat belt at that time nor when he passed by me before I made the u-turn. I instructed the driver to give me his license, proof of insurance, and registration. He continued yelling his insults calling me an asshole, mother trucker and quite a few other names, while also pounding on his steering wheel and dash.

As I sat in my patrol car, I could still here him yelling insults. His license came back valid and there were no warrants. I wrote a speeding ticket for 70 in a 55. As I finished the ticket and was pulling it from the book, I heard him yell, "I oughtta kick your ass." I then decided to write him the ticket for not wearing a seat belt. As I walked back to his car he continued to yell and insult me. I gave him back his license, registration, and proof of insurance. I then handed him his speeding ticket and told him that I had intended to just give him a warning, but his behavior convinced me he deserved the ticket. Then I handed him the ticket for the seatbelt violation and told him the mandatory seatbelt law had been in effect for 7 years and told him during that 7 years, I had pulled over a lot of motorists who weren't wearing seat belts, but only warned them; and then congratulated him for being the first to get one from me. I then told him that had he not behaved the way he had with me, but instead had been respectful and calm, he would not have received a ticket. I then told him to have a nice day and to drive carefully.

So what's my point? When you do something wrong or a police officer is talking to you because they think you did something wrong; you are far better off not to act like an asshole. Instead if you treat them with respect the same way you want anyone else to treat you, it will go a long way. The video you posted TP shows this guy was verbally combative with the officer from the start. I don't blame her at all for asking another officer to come to the scene. The guy in the video has a problem with police period; that was evident with what he put in text at the end of it and what he was saying to them as well about how they needed to find real jobs instead of receiving a paycheck at the taxpayers' expense. Plain and simple, the guy in the video you posted was an asshole like the guy I encountered in the S-10 on that nice warm Sunday afternoon of an April past.

• Like 7

I remember one Sunday afternoon in April where it was the first warm day of Spring where I could have the windows rolled down on my patrol car. I was on a roadway where the speed limit was 55 mph and coming towards me was a silver Chevy S-10 doing 70 (radar). I made a u-turn and then pulled him over. Nine out of ten times when I pulled someone over for a moving violation, it was with the intent to give them a verbal warning; but I would have the dispatcher run their name through LEIN to make sure they weren't any warrants for them and to make sure their drivers license was valid.

When I approached this driver, he began yelling and insulting me before I could even say a word. I told him I had him on radar doing 70 in a 55. He accused me of just hassling him because I was "afraid to fight real crime." I also noticed the guy wasn't wearing a seat belt at that time nor when he passed by me before I made the u-turn. I instructed the driver to give me his license, proof of insurance, and registration. He continued yelling his insults calling me an asshole, mother trucker and quite a few other names, while also pounding on his steering wheel and dash.

As I sat in my patrol car, I could still here him yelling insults. His license came back valid and there were no warrants. I wrote a speeding ticket for 70 in a 55. As I finished the ticket and was pulling it from the book, I heard him yell, "I oughtta kick your ass." I then decided to write him the ticket for not wearing a seat belt. As I walked back to his car he continued to yell and insult me. I gave him back his license, registration, and proof of insurance. I then handed him his speeding ticket and told him that I had intended to just give him a warning, but his behavior convinced me he deserved the ticket. Then I handed him the ticket for the seatbelt violation and told him the mandatory seatbelt law had been in effect for 7 years and told him during that 7 years, I had pulled over a lot of motorists who weren't wearing seat belts, but only warned them; and then congratulated him for being the first to get one from me. I then told him that had he not behaved the way he had with me, but instead had been respectful and calm, he would not have received a ticket. I then told him to have a nice day and to drive carefully.

So what's my point? When you do something wrong or a police officer is talking to you because they think you did something wrong; you are far better off not to act like an asshole. Instead if you treat them with respect the same way you want anyone else to treat you, it will go a long way. The video you posted TP shows this guy was verbally combative with the officer from the start. I don't blame her at all for asking another officer to come to the scene. The guy in the video has a problem with police period; that was evident with what he put in text at the end of it and what he was saying to them as well about how they needed to find real jobs instead of receiving a paycheck at the taxpayers' expense. Plain and simple, the guy in the video you posted was an asshole like the guy I encountered in the S-10 on that nice warm Sunday afternoon of an April past.

So what you're saying is you let your emotions get the best of you in this situation.

So what you're saying is you let your emotions get the best of you in this situation.

The goal of an officer enforcing traffic laws is to increase safety on the roadways by addressing violations of the law. Some times that is by citation, many times it is by a warning along with education. If one outcome is obviously out of play then then only recourse is a citation. They might have no incentive to improve their driving for their own safety or that of the other motorists sharing the road but the impact of a fine and points on a drivers license can step into that role.

• Like 1

The goal of an officer enforcing traffic laws is to increase safety on the roadways by addressing violations of the law. Some times that is by citation, many times it is by a warning along with education. If one outcome is obviously out of play then then only recourse is a citation. They might have no incentive to improve their driving for their own safety or that of the other motorists sharing the road but the impact of a fine and points on a drivers license can step into that role.

You are correct. A lot of people seem to think there's absolutely nothing wrong with insulting police officers while they do their job. Laws are to be obeyed. If someone wants to exceed the speed limit while they drive, then they should be prepared to accept the fact if they get pulled over, they could get a ticket. To exceed the speed limit was their choice and their fault, not the police officer who is expected to enforce the laws.

Not at all, but I'm sure nothing I say will negate that impression you have.

• Like 2

You are correct. A lot of people seem to think there's absolutely nothing wrong with insulting police officers while they do their job. Laws are to be obeyed. If someone wants to exceed the speed limit while they drive, then they should be prepared to accept the fact if they get pulled over, they could get a ticket. To exceed the speed limit was their choice and their fault, not the police officer who is expected to enforce the laws.

You're looking too narrowly.

There are a lot of people who seem to think there's absolutely nothing wrong with insulting OTHERS in any and every context.

This means sometimes it is the person who is pulled over who acts entitled and other times it is the man who did the pulling over.

Eddie is an instigator and a hater.

You judge too harshly, low.

pubby

Really? He incites riots on here with his hateful speech and videos.

I guess it's a pigment of my imagination.

Multiple times a day, using multiple threads, all covering the same topic...which is based on a Youtube link that is usually taken out of context. He will even get in every other topic on here even if the discussion is about your favorite type of fruit.

So you like apples? Well let me tell you....I once saw a cop eating an apple....never again. The apple was complying but he still abused it. www.youtube.com/cop abuses apple
Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

Multiple times a day, using multiple threads, all covering the same topic...which is a Youtube link that is usually taken out of context. He will even get it In every other topic on here even if the discussion is about you favorite type fruit.

The police officers in his video conducted themselves professionally. Not once did they insult the guy or even raise their voices at him. The female officer was firm and respectful.

• Like 2

Eddie is an instigator and a hater.

I don't hate anyone, low, but I do like to educate people about my rights. And, when they see what my rights are, they can do a fair for the goose, fair for the gander, scenario of their own.

Cops are always nice, to hear them tell it, and their fellow cops are always nice to hear them tell it, unless you have a candid camcorder, they don't know about, somewhere.

In probable flaws, video, the cope didn't know they were being recorder when they forgot why they stopped the guy, and asked him to get out of his car, in the first place.

I don't incite riots, but I do incite educational negotiations,

You just don't like to negotiate, with me, low, :give_rose:

Edited by The Postman

The cop in the first video was profiling, because she didn't even know what to charge the guy with, She shjould have just warned him that he was on private property.

Profiling people breaking the law....her job.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Ok EZ, you break the law you pay the penalty correct? Why are so many police officers let off with warnings when they break the law. The ones that are charged with a crime are let off with such minimal punishment if found guilty. Very few people do not break some law everyday. My neighborhood has at least a dozen law enforcement officers within it and yet cars speed in excess of 15 miles an hour and run stop signs. Not only is it overlooked by the LEO residents they themselves are guilty of it. I believe their lack of enforcing laws is a violation of their oath.

I'll stop having a problem with the police when they start doing their jobs and not targeting the easy targets.

She didn't even know what law he was breaking, until she detained him. She charged him with a crime without anything but "Probable Flaws."

You are showing your ignorance. Probable cause is the standard needed for an arrest. This was an investigatory stop so the most that was needed is reasonable suspicion.

Ok EZ, you break the law you pay the penalty correct? Why are so many police officers let off with warnings when they break the law. The ones that are charged with a crime are let off with such minimal punishment if found guilty.

Absolutely not the case. The courts are usually stricter when it comes to officers. Also, anything done on duty always gets the violation of oath of office felonies tacked on in addition to the accused crime even if it is minor. Not only that, a LEO accused of wrong doing will be investigated as it pertains to agency policy, civilly, by state criminal code and finally federal criminal code for the same incident, no double jeopardy applies.

My neighborhood has at least a dozen law enforcement officers within it and yet cars speed in excess of 15 miles an hour and run stop signs. Not only is it overlooked by the LEO residents they themselves are guilty of it.

Are you really expecting them to work traffic off duty? In their own neighborhood? That is a recipe for disaster when you have to live with these people who will be pissed off. Simply a powder keg and does nothing to help build a relationship between officers and their neighborhoods.

I believe their lack of enforcing laws is a violation of their oath.

Not the case at all, especially with traffic laws.

I'll stop having a problem with the police when they start doing their jobs and not targeting the easy targets.

Wouldn't these simple traffic violations you are complaining about pretty much be these 'easy targets' you are talking about?

Edited by Ugadawgs98

You are showing your ignorance. Probable cause is the standard needed for an arrest. This was an investigatory stop so the most that was needed is reasonable suspicion.

She didn't even know what crime he was suspected of committing, until another cop came on the scene, and told her, 98! How the hell can that be reasonable suspicion?

What specific and articulable facts, did she detain him for?

Edited by The Postman

She didn't even know what crime he was suspected of committing, until another cop came on the scene, and told her, 98! How the hell can that be reasonable suspicion?

What specific and articulable facts, did she detain him for?

Just because she didn't debate the law with the detained does not mean she didn't have a valid reason for the contact. Also, a video such as this lacks context such as the history of the area, prior complaints, prior criminal activity along with the knowledge a patrol officer will have of their area so you may not know without additional information such as a police report.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

Just because she didn't debate the law with the detained does not mean she didn't have a valid reason for the contact. Also, a video such as this lacks context such as the history of the area, prior complaints, prior criminal activity along with the knowledge a patrol officer will have of their area so you may not know without additional information such as a police report.

Damn, 98! You better make sure no candid camcorders are around.

So you are saying cops can make you a criminal anytime they decide to do so, Cops can just arrest you, and make up anything they want to, and you are guilty of it. Just like the cop who forgot what he stopped the man for, and he was overheard on a candid recorder discussing what to charge the man with. Then they made up their minds that his Christmas tree air freshner was obstructing his vision.

:rofl:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks, we have God's on wheels, who can give everyone else a ticket, but their chosen few

who rides free.

Edited by The Postman

Damn, 98! You better make sure no candid camcorders are around.

So you are saying cops can make you a criminal anytime they decide to do so, Cops can just arrest you, and make up anything they want to, and you are guilty of it. Just like the cop who forgot what he stopped the man for, and he was overheard on a candid recorder discussing what to charge the man with. Then they made up their minds that his Christmas tree air freshner was obstructing his vision.

:rofl:

You don't listen very well.

The cop in the first video was profiling, because she didn't even know what to charge the guy with, She shjould have just warned him that he was on private property.

I thought she acted appropriately. She may have intended to give him a warning, but he started acting like an asshole right away.

I thought she acted appropriately. She may have intended to give him a warning, but he started acting like an asshole right away.

In your view she acted appropriately, but harassing someone foe smoking, when they were not, and then some other cop has to tell; you what charges to claim, is in no way acting appropriately.

You simply don't bother people until you know what they are doing wrong.You can't just ask someone to see their ID without telling them what they are being detained for. Unless, of course they just comply! But, they don't have to show you their ID, on your impulse!

The man didn't know it was private property, and he wasn't smoking.

In Utah, it's illegal to not drink milk .And, birds have the right of way, on all highways.

It is a felony to persistently tread on the cracks between paving stones on the sidewalk of a state highway.

Edited by The Postman

In your view she acted appropriately, but harassing someone foe smoking, when they were not, and then some other cop has to tell; you what charges to claim, is in no way acting appropriately.

You simply don't bother people until you know what they are doing wrong.You can't just ask someone to see their ID without telling them what they are being detained for. Unless, of course they just comply! But, they don't have to show you their ID, on your impulse!

The man didn't know it was private property, and he wasn't smoking.

In Utah, it's illegal to not drink milk .And, birds have the right of way, on all highways.

It is a felony to persistently tread on the cracks between paving stones on the sidewalk of a state highway.

You don't know if he was smoking or not. Do you have any idea how many times as a police officer I heard, "But I wasn't doing anything wrong" when in fact they were?

I don't disagree with that but that is not what I was addressing in that other guy's post. He said he didn't intend on giving the ticket until the guy started acting like an asshole. That means that guy let his emotions got the best of him. The police have every right to give the ticket or not and I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about simply admitting that the police are human and act just like all other people, and will more likely write the ticket when they are ticked off.

No one is saying laws shouldn't be obeyed and the guy in your example didn't deserve the ticket. He broke the law. Write the ticket or not. That is the officer's call but that is not what you said. You said he started acting like an asshole (those are your words) and that is why you gave him the ticket. You said you had every intention of giving a warning until he started acting out. You had every right to give him a ticket for breaking the law, or not. It is not illegal to insult an officer, cuss an officer, flip off an officer, or anything like you described. What he did was tick you off and you acted like any other human would when their emotions get the best of them. You admitted that you gave him the ticket because he was an asshole because you weren't intending on doing that initially. He yanked your chain and you responded within your rights but still because you let your emotions decide to write the ticket. I'm not saying your were wrong, I'm just saying you can't deny you let your emotions get the best of you in that situation.

I don't disagree with that but that is not what I was addressing in that other guy's post. He said he didn't intend on giving the ticket until the guy started acting like an asshole. That means that guy let his emotions got the best of him. The police have every right to give the ticket or not and I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about simply admitting that the police are human and act just like all other people, and will more likely write the ticket when they are ticked off.

The officers on my department had the discretion to write a ticket or give a warning. If I had let my emotions get the better of me, I would have stood there and acted in kind to how he was treating me. I didn't do that. I chose to write the ticket instead as he was doing 70 in a 55 and not wearing his seatbelt. Nothing emotional about it.

• Like 1

No one is saying laws shouldn't be obeyed and the guy in your example didn't deserve the ticket. He broke the law. Write the ticket or not. That is the officer's call but that is not what you said. You said he started acting like an asshole (those are your words) and that is why you gave him the ticket. You said you had every intention of giving a warning until he started acting out. You had every right to give him a ticket for breaking the law, or not. It is not illegal to insult an officer, cuss an officer, flip off an officer, or anything like you described. What he did was tick you off and you acted like any other human would when their emotions get the best of them. You admitted that you gave him the ticket because he was an asshole because you weren't intending on doing that initially. He yanked your chain and you responded within your rights but still because you let your emotions decide to write the ticket. I'm not saying your were wrong, I'm just saying you can't deny you let your emotions get the best of you in that situation.

I based upon my decisions on whether or not to write a ticket based upon how the person reacted to the stop. If they seemed sincerely remorseful for speeding, they got a warning. My rule, my decision to make. Now a person who was speeding in a subdivision, school zone, or anywhere there were kids playing, the driver got a ticket.

The officers on my department had the discretion to write a ticket or give a warning. If I had let my emotions get the better of me, I would have stood there and acted in kind to how he was treating me. I didn't do that. I chose to write the ticket instead as he was doing 70 in a 55 and not wearing his seatbelt. Nothing emotional about it.

That's not what you said earlier. You said you had every intention of giving him a warning but because of how he acted, you gave him the ticket. He yanked your chain and you gave him the ticket.

I even said you had every right to give the ticket, didn't I? Your words here, not mine.

You were ticked and responded.

• Like 1

Maybe someone else remembers a post from a LEO that was also a member here. He let all of us know that he held all of us by the short hairs. If I remember, he posted that he had the power to cost us money, time and embarrassment. He was very exact in the fact that he had the power, not us. And God help anyone who choose to question his authority.

I looked, but his account has been scrubbed, with the exception of two posts.

Anyway, anyone else remember that post?

• Like 1

That's not what you said earlier. You said you had every intention of giving him a warning but because of how he acted, you gave him the ticket. He yanked your chain and you gave him the ticket.

I even said you had every right to give the ticket, didn't I? Your words here, not mine.

Do you know what the word "intention" means?

Nope, his actions directed me into a new course of action. If I had let him go with a warning when he was acting like that, what would the result have been? Most likely he would feel he could talk to police officers that way to get away with it the next time.

I'm just looking at what you said. I don't blame you for getting a bit miffed and writing the ticket like you admitted doing. I'm just saying you let your emotions take over a bit, and that is perfectly fine. We all do it.

• Like 1

Nope, his actions directed me into a new course of action. If I had let him go with a warning when he was acting like that, what would the result have been? Most likely he would feel he could talk to police officers that way to get away with it the next time.

Hold on. You're admitting here that your emotions are that he can't talk to officers that way. Fact is, he can. He can every time. That is his right. You don't like it and your emotions are to give him a ticket to teach him a lesson that he shouldn't talk to officers like that. That is exactly what I'm saying. Your emotions got the best of you and you wrote the ticket.

It is a perfectly human response but it is an emotional response.

I personally think that some cops become Gods, when they leave head quarters, and start rolling. I am not foolish enough to use the word ALL, like some people do when talking about a group of people, but we have Gods rolling, in a lot of cases. It's all over the internet, sense we are catching more of their actions on camcorder.

Edited by The Postman

No way would I put up with what you people have to put up with...By the way..Thanks for all you people do for us!

• Like 2

It's their job. They need to stop working for the government, however. which conservatives hate so much, and start working for the American people!

They will tell you that they are not going to mess with the people who signs their paycheck. It seems, to me, that it doesn't matter who furnishes that money.

Not only do tax payers pay cops salary, but they also pay for their brutality.

Click here:

Edited by The Postman

Really? He incites riots on here with his hateful speech and videos.

I guess it's a pigment of my imagination.

I'm not a doctor, but my suspicion is that he has dementia. My dad acted much the same way. And you couldn't reason with him either.

• Like 2

I'm not a doctor, but my suspicion is that he has dementia. My dad acted much the same way. And you couldn't reason with him either.

It's not me who refuses to reason, G D!

Right-Wingers rather ignore me than reason. I love to negotiate principle, reality, and real Christianity. But, as you can see nobody wants to reason.

Old fruddy-duds are going to stick with Grand-Pa O'Riley-Factor, over anything I say. :pardon:

Edited by The Postman