Paulding.com

SUREPIP ***UPDATE***MORE PRAYERS PLEASE

Spoke to Melissa today......that woman is one special gal. Thad has finally responded to the antibiotics and is doing much better. Not out of the woods yet but it's, at least, looking up for his recovery. They have taken him out of isolation.

She sounded good and had gotten some rest.

• Like 10
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard from Melissa about an hour ago and she said that PT had gotten Thad up and with assistance he walked about 25 feet. His heart rate and oxygen levels held good. They are still in ICU and and

Talked with Melissa today and she seemed really encouraged with the outcome of the surgery and was optimistic that Thad was going to have a complete recovery. This is great news and many, many prayers

Spoke to Melissa today......that woman is one special gal. Thad has finally responded to the antibiotics and is doing much better. Not out of the woods yet but it's, at least, looking up for his rec

Spoke to Melissa today......that woman is one special gal. Thad has finally responded to the antibiotics and is doing much better. Not out of the woods yet but it's, at least, looking up for his recovery. They have taken him out of isolation.

She sounded good and had gotten some rest.

Thank. The. Lord. Thrilling news, and thank you, sweet RM, for updating those of us who don't know them.

• Like 2

I just talked to Melissa. She spent the night at home last night and they're getting gifts, balloons and cake and ice cream ready to take to the hospital.

Thad is much better. The doctors said he never had MRSA, thank God, but somehow that was a terrible misunderstanding.

Thad slept some last night, hopefully he'll start sleeping more. He's sitting up and actually getting up on his walker. Melissa is helping him.

Lots of details, but just to let you know, he is much better.

Today he's been in the hospital 5 weeks, and they're expecting at least a couple of more weeks before he gets to go home, so all the thoughts and prayers are still needed and appreciated!!

:wub:

• Like 7

Oh, and Melissa said he would have a laptop, so maybe he'll be able to get on here later. And she would be taking pictures so maybe I can post one later.

low,

It"s so kind of you to keep us updated on Thad's improvements.

Thank You!

• Like 3

I talked to Melissa earlier today and Thad had a good birthday and even smiled a few times.

She spent the night at home last night and just crashed. I know she's so tired and she's spending the day at home today.

But here's the deal: He's still on antibiotics for the infection. They're waiting to clear up the infection and then on Monday they will be doing surgery again. The same spot, same incision just to go in there and clean up some areas.

So that's where we are now.

I talked to Melissa earlier today and Thad had a good birthday and even smiled a few times.

She spent the night at home last night and just crashed. I know she's so tired and she's spending the day at home today.

But here's the deal: He's still on antibiotics for the infection. They're waiting to clear up the infection and then on Monday they will be doing surgery again. The same spot, same incision just to go in there and clean up some areas.

So that's where we are now.

thanks for the update ...... continuing the :::positivehealingthoughts::: but trying to amp up the volume a bit for them both!

I just visited with Melissa at the hospital. I had hoped to find Thad a bit more chipper but as I was on my way, Melissa texted me that he had yet another turn for the worse. Apparently he had some seizures this morning and his heart stopped in the midst of the episode ... but the doctors were able to stabilize his vitals after they worked on him.

They've moved him back to ICU and they've lowered his blood temperature and induced a coma to protect his mental faculties. They expect him to remain in the induced coma until tomorrow about noon. At that point they'll know if he has suffered an impairment due to the incident. Melissa arrived this morning just as this episode was occurring and saw him in ICU where she said she felt him squeeze her hand.

Melissa is holding up well and the doctors told them not to 'put out the call' - i.e. have IV fly in from California ... so there is still good reason for hope and a full recovery ... but to say that hope is guarded is no understatement.

Thad, Melissa, Louise, IV and their families need your prayers now.

pubby