Paulding.com

SUREPIP ***UPDATE***MORE PRAYERS PLEASE

Tomorrow, Tuesday, June 16.

I'm starting a new topic so that those that visit here occasionally can get caught up on how Thad is doing.

It has been 3 weeks since he was first admitted to Paulding Wellstar and then transferred last week to Kennestone.

He was bleeding in his chest cavity and left lung. He was admitted to ICU.

This is the latest today, and I have Melissa's permission to post.

Please remember Thad and Melissa in your prayers and especially tomorrow at 3PM, when his surgery is scheduled to begin. If you have the opportunity to stop by and see Melissa I'm sure she would enjoy the company. Right now they are in ICMU, Room 364.

Last night he had some problems and was restless and pulled out his feeding tube. They replaced that today. He also fell out of the bed and landed on his knees. They did a CAT scan to make sure the hip was ok and all he has is bruising on his knees.

So, at 3:00 tomorrow they will:

Make an 8 inch incision in his side to repair the 4 broken ribs with metal plates.

They will also repair his diaphragm with mesh and drain the fluid and blood from his cavity.

A scope through his mouth will be put into his lung and they will scrape the lung.

Melissa didn't say, but I'm thinking this will be quite a long surgery. And for all Thad has been through, if we could all stop tomorrow afternoon and say a prayer for him, I'm sure it will be heard. :wub:

• Like 6
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard from Melissa about an hour ago and she said that PT had gotten Thad up and with assistance he walked about 25 feet. His heart rate and oxygen levels held good. They are still in ICU and and

Talked with Melissa today and she seemed really encouraged with the outcome of the surgery and was optimistic that Thad was going to have a complete recovery. This is great news and many, many prayers

Spoke to Melissa today......that woman is one special gal. Thad has finally responded to the antibiotics and is doing much better. Not out of the woods yet but it's, at least, looking up for his rec

I talked to Melissa about 3:15 and they had taken Thad back. She said he had a much better night last night and she got some rest also. She will call when he's out of surgery into recovery.

• Like 1

I stopped by the hospital around noon today.

Thad was getting some physical therapy at the time and his therapist said he did waaaaay better that she expected!

Yea! Thad!

He was doing ok and they had said they were going to take him into surgery early, that hadn't come to get him yet, when I left around 1pm.

Melissa was looking good (but then doesn't she always) and seemed to be in good spirits, even though you know she has to be tired.

Thad can't talk, due to tubes in his throat, but can write on an erasable board, which he does well.

Now I am not saying that Thad doesn't have some medical issues, and I am not saying he isn't trying to get well as quick as possible....but I will say this, he has some of the cutest and prettiest nurses and therapists gals working with him I have seen in one place in quite a while.

In fact, that whole hospital was full of them.

(notice that I left Thad and Melissa at 1pm and I am just now getting home, I looked that whole hospital over....I even tried to get admitted a couple of times)

Anyway, I guess things are going along as best as could be hoped for at this stage.

Tough people, but nice people.

• Like 9

She told me she got a visit from you and you made Thad feel a whole lot better. :wub:

One day me and you are going to have to hook up! I just got to meet this person that everyone talks about being so nice.

• Like 1

I just talked to Melissa and she says that Thad is now out of surgery and everything is looking up ... A lot of work was done and he should be in a lot better shape now that the parts have been rearranged and put in their place. It would appear that the prayers have been answered.

pubby

I just talked to Melissa and she says that Thad is now out of surgery and everything is looking up ... A lot of work was done and he should be in a lot better shape now that the parts have been rearranged and put in their place. It would appear that the prayers have been answered.

pubby

Good news!

I've had them in my thoughts today!

pubby

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are looking up. Still praying and keeping the Morrisons in my thoughts.

I stopped by the hospital around noon today.

Thad was getting some physical therapy at the time and his therapist said he did waaaaay better that she expected!

Yea! Thad!

He was doing ok and they had said they were going to take him into surgery early, that hadn't come to get him yet, when I left around 1pm.

Melissa was looking good (but then doesn't she always) and seemed to be in good spirits, even though you know she has to be tired.

Thad can't talk, due to tubes in his throat, but can write on an erasable board, which he does well.

Now I am not saying that Thad doesn't have some medical issues, and I am not saying he isn't trying to get well as quick as possible....but I will say this, he has some of the cutest and prettiest nurses and therapists gals working with him I have seen in one place in quite a while.

In fact, that whole hospital was full of them.

(notice that I left Thad and Melissa at 1pm and I am just now getting home, I looked that whole hospital over....I even tried to get admitted a couple of times)

Anyway, I guess things are going along as best as could be hoped for at this stage.

Tough people, but nice people.

I take it that the psych ward was full???

Talked with Melissa today and she seemed really encouraged with the outcome of the surgery and was optimistic that Thad was going to have a complete recovery. This is great news and many, many prayers are being answered.

• Like 14

I heard from Melissa about an hour ago and she said that PT had gotten Thad up and with assistance he walked about 25 feet. His heart rate and oxygen levels held good. They are still in ICU and and thinks he will probably be there 5-7 more days. She did say the thoracic surgeon found some old injuries that were made worse by his coughing. He only had about 50% capacity in both lungs and now he will have 100%.

Sounds like a lot of things got repaired and he's on his way to a full recovery!! I know it must have felt good to get up and walk. He has been in the hospital 26 days today.

• Like 16

I got this update this afternoon. It sounds like he's on his way!!! Yeah!!!!

"Thad got one of his chest tubes out yesterday and they removed the second chest tube today so they are going to move him out of ICU. YEAH! Only 3 more tubes to go."

• Like 2

I got this update this afternoon. It sounds like he's on his way!!! Yeah!!!!

"Thad got one of his chest tubes out yesterday and they removed the second chest tube today so they are going to move him out of ICU. YEAH! Only 3 more tubes to go."

Praise the lord! Thanks for the update, low.

• Like 2

More prayers please. Seems like he's having some problems today. This is a message I got from Melissa :

he's bleeding internally again in his left lung. They are giving him another unit of blood. This makes 3. If it doesn't stop they will have to go back in. I'm praying its all going to take care of itself. He's resting well most of the time, it's the best medicine for now.

Love ya

Melissa