Paulding.com

I Bought An Assault Gun This Weekend (for flies)

I'm almost embarrassed to post this because it sounds so silly, but I bought a Bug-A-Salt gun at Cabellos.. My friends ridiculed me for wanting one, but now they can't wait to get their turn with it. It looks like one of those plastic water shooters, but it's an air gun that shoots a little pinch of salt and splatters flies anywhere they land from about 2-feet away. You fill a hopper with table salt (good for about 80 shots), pull back a lever to cock it, take aim through the sights, and BAM!, that fly is history. Doesn't matter if he's in the corner of a window pane, or sitting on your coffee cup, or any of the places where a swatter just won't work, it'll get him. I've had so much fun with this thing, I almost wish I had more flies in my house. I understand the company that makes it even sells a kit to hatch your own maggots and grow your own targets, for those unfortunates without enough flies to obliterate. I don't need to get that! Look it up on YouTube or Google. Sometimes we need a little silliness in our lives.

• Like 2

LOL! Looks like fun. Not sure I'd plunk down $40 for it, but still, it does look like fun!

I applied for a credit card while there and got a $20 instant credit so it actually only cost me $20. I've had at least that much fun from it.

You dont need that much air. Only law enforcement and military personnel should have access to that much air. You dont need this, cause you can call the exterminator. I bet you didnt have any training with air either.

No problem with air, but I find I'm having trouble buying table salt now since they found out that it can be used as a lethal ammunition.

Who's cleaning up all that salt?

HAHAHA That's what I told Mother when I told her about this story...I could just hear BubbaDoo's wife saying, "Durn your hide, Bubba, stop shooting that stupid thing on the porch and leaving salt everywhere, or Imma run that thing over with the car!" :D :D :D

Oh, and TOTAL man toy. :D

Edited by mei lan

I have always wanted a Twirl A Squirrel!! It is the little dome thing you hang your birdfeeder from and when the squirrel jumps on the feeder, its weight activates the dome and it starts spinning the feeder with the squirrel on it!! Then you see the squirrel getting slung off the feeder!! I laughed my a$$ off the first time I saw the video!!

I think they have quit making them, but there are a few still available on Amazon. I just hate the thought of paying almost $50 for the dang thing!

• Like 1