Paulding.com

TransRacial....... Yo El Zorro!

If you view everything through the lens of politics, then you need to step back and take a long, hard look at how you view the world. Nothing I'm saying is about politics but it seems you keep making everything so. Just because you don't agree with scientists about global warming, that is political? Just because I say people should be able to live their lives free of forced views from you makes me a Democrat? This is really beginning to get crazy.

I believe you can look it up. I'm not going to discuss it with you because I realize it is futile.

What you're saying is if a white person wants to be black, they are black.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For me, it's about integrity and the truth, plain and simple. Please don't tell me my opinion is about "keeping people in their place," I'm telling you it's not, pubby.

What if she had married a black man and he believed she was of his race? Soon or later he would have caught on to all the things she has to do to look ethnic enough. I think everyone would have agre

I wanna be trans-species. I'm pretty sure I was meant to be a cat. Sleep 23 hours a day, wake up, eat, poop, go back to sleep.       Oh And this: (just because it's funny)  

Posted Images

Actually, we don't know the full story and may not for a while.

Could it be the woman was a journalist or novelist wanting to write a first person tome on the experience ... This is not unheard of, you know. Oscar's 'best film' of 1947 is the story of a journalist who poses as a Jew and writes of the way that he was treated in the movie "Gentleman's Agreement."

Alternately, the ruse could have been for academic reasons as in gaining experience for a phd or masters thesis.

Or maybe it was a bet or better yet, a bet with mom and pop who are closet racists who bet she couldn't be accepted by another race and blew the whistle to win the bet.

The possibilities and motives as to why she might do what she did are infinite and frankly, I'm good with her doing what she chose to do simply because her act helps define for me the concept of freedom.

I mean aren't you more free if you can do that than if you can't?

Now, for all you freedom loving folks who are highly critical and the like, look in a mirror and say this truth - I am critical of this woman because she doesn't know to stay in her place ... which by the way, is antithetical to the concept of freedom.

pubby

You have an excuse for everyone, Pubby.

She has resigned her position. I mean really, how long can you go around pretending to be a different race than you are when your family and friends are still around to out you.

Obviously, she has some mental issues.

Rachel Dolezal resigns as leader from NAACP Spokane chapter

By Michael Walsh
6 minutes ago

Yahoo News

Rachel Dolezal stepped down from her position as the president of an NAACP chapter in Washington State on Monday.

The civil rights leader, whose racial identity made headlines last week, made the announcement in an open letter – posted on Facebook – to the organization’s executive committee and members.

“It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the Presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley,” she wrote.

http://news.yahoo.com/rachel-dolezal-resigns-as-leader-from-naacp-spokane-chapter--160937684.html

• Like 1

I can see it how you think I was coming up with excuses.

Not really. I was just trying to give others the opportunity to open their mind. Personally, I didn't care. In fact I thought it was cool that she could pull it off and had she been able to get away with it, we'd be one step closer to a race-less society because if everyone would have said, 'who cares' ... no one would have.

But no, folks have to say race is important and you can't have a Caucasian leading a state's NAACP regardless of her education, qualifications and attitudes. That simply is saying - We got to keep people in their place.

And what if we'd all done the 'who cares' thing ... wouldn't that have been progress???

I think so. Just like it was progress that Gregory Peck played the part of Mr. Greenburg in the movie Gentleman's Agreement.

Indeed, this is even a little better than that one because there will be a movie made of this incident ... but this 'event,' being an international cause celeb ... is a prime example of kabuki theater.

My point, by the way, is that there are a gazillion reasons she could have done what she did, NONE OF WHICH ARE ANY BUSINESS OF MINE ... and I don't really care. It certainly is not one hair of my balding pate.

pubby

Not really. I was just trying to give others the opportunity to open their mind. Personally, I didn't care. In fact I thought it was cool that she could pull it off and had she been able to get away with it, we'd be one step closer to a race-less society because if everyone would have said, 'who cares' ... no one would have.

But no, folks have to say race is important and you can't have a Caucasian leading a state's NAACP regardless of her education, qualifications and attitudes. That simply is saying - We got to keep people in their place.

And what if we'd all done the 'who cares' thing ... wouldn't that have been progress???

I think so. Just like it was progress that Gregory Peck played the part of Mr. Greenburg in the movie Gentleman's Agreement.

Indeed, this is even a little better than that one because there will be a movie made of this incident ... but this 'event,' being an international cause celeb ... is a prime example of kabuki theater.

My point, by the way, is that there are a gazillion reasons she could have done what she did, NONE OF WHICH ARE ANY BUSINESS OF MINE ... and I don't really care. It certainly is not one hair of my balding pate.

pubby

Again, you assume too much.

I don't personally care what she does, but how could she think she wouldn't get caught.

And why pretend to be black? There are plenty of people in the NAACP that are white. There were plenty of white people during the 60's civil rights movement.

For me it comes down to lying. Trying to distance herself from her own heritage and pretend to be something she's not.

She could have suceeded on her abilities alone.

I still stand by the fact she must have some mental issues.

Oh, and Integrity. No one has any integrity anymore. As long as you can scam, do it.

And character. Wasn't it MLK, Jr that said to look at the content of someone's character and not the color of their skin?

• Like 2

pubby

You really ought to read up on this story before blindly leaping to her defense,

the woman is a serial pathological LIAR who has faked numerous hate crimes.

It's one thing to strongly identify with the black race, it is another

to falsely make malicious accusations of racism and child abuse.

Her entire life is a fabrication, this woman is seriously mentally ill.

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

You really ought to read up on this story before blindly leaping to her defense,

Frankly....She has a personality disorder if anything and for some reason its perfectly reasonable to rationalize and even enable her bad behavior(s). Back at the Asylum, the lunatics have redefined what is acceptable by "modern/progressive standards."

- Jamie

• Like 1

You know, I look at this and the Jenner situation and I see an issue with our society that roles are so locked to biological truths for us that you have people like these two get totally mentally bent by it.

You have Jenner, who wanted with all his heart to act in a feminine way, yet feels that as a man, he can't do that, but needs to try to "convert" to a woman to act as he wants. Why?

Here you have a white woman, who I read in one article was so embarrassed by the racism she saw in other white people that she feels she must "covert" to a black person to separate herself from them. Why?

Why can't they be themselves without trying to change the very biological essence of who they are?

IMO, both of them really needed to just tell the rest of society where they could put their "social" limits and expectations and live as they chose. Many people do that and are perfectly happy with themselves.

It's really sad that so many must have society's approval before they can be happy about themselves.

Its funny in a way, for "The Land of the Free", we have a lot of unspoken "rules" that lock us in more firmly than many a dictatorship.

• Like 4

You know, I look at this and the Jenner situation and I see an issue with our society that roles are so locked to biological truths for us that you have people like these two get totally mentally bent by it.

You have Jenner, who wanted with all his heart to act in a feminine way, yet feels that as a man, he can't do that, but needs to try to "convert" to a woman to act as he wants. Why?

Here you have a white woman, who I read in one article was so embarrassed by the racism she saw in other white people that she feels she must "covert" to a black person to separate herself from them. Why?

Why can't they be themselves without trying to change the very biological essence of who they are?

IMO, both of them really needed to just tell the rest of society where they could put their "social" limits and expectations and live as they chose. Many people do that and are perfectly happy with themselves.

It's really sad that so many must have society's approval before they can be happy about themselves.

Its funny in a way, for "The Land of the Free", we have a lot of unspoken "rules" that lock us in more firmly than many a dictatorship.

Very well said. Insecurities about yourself and your identity cannot be corrected by surgery.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree
  • Like 1

I think your characterization of the so-called hate crimes being 'fabricated' is your opinion. There may not have been adequate leads to investigate but that is far from an official finding or even belief that the incidents were not real. Now if she had been charged with filing false reports, then you'd be on solid ground in your accusations.

As far as the realities, I do think that she ended up in a family that adopted four black males to come live with them pretty much says what I need to know. Mom and dad obviously seemed to love her black brothers more than her - maybe there is a little misogynism here - and she felt she needed to become black to get her parents love. Stranger things have happened.

To the degree that she adopted the race as her own - no one is doubting her commitment to the cause or her sincerity - she has a masters degree from Atlanta's Howard University for Gods sake - I feel this is more a family issue and I think her family, by outing her, is showing its dysfunction. I don't think that under law she will share any more in their estate by being the natural born child (as opposed to adopted child).

I'm really more interested in the dynamic of her family, myself.

pubby

Really, we'd all be far, far ahead on this if we didn't care at all and accept the projection of our identity as an element of our freedom ... but no ... people want to keep you in 'your' place ... whatever or wherever in the hell that is.

pubby

For me, it's about integrity and the truth, plain and simple. Please don't tell me my opinion is about "keeping people in their place," I'm telling you it's not, pubby.

Edited by Dana
  • Like 6

Let me argue why making race something that is a determinant is about keeping people in their place.

If race didn't matter, no one would care. It would be as insignificant as an ugly little toe nail.

Would you care if someone had gnarly nails on their little toe? Would lying about it and wearing closed toe shoes to cover up that gnarly little toe? Would you really care how pretty or ugly someone's little toe is?

Lets assume that you are an only female child from an American Indian family. And your parents, living on the reservation adopted not one, but four white boys. Would you have any reason to believe that your American Indian mother and father, for whatever reason, liked white boys more than little Indian girls like you? Would you, as a typical child seeking love and reassurance from your mother and father, not consider trying to become a white boy, if for no other reason than to seek to please your parents who 'obviously' like white boys better.

If you, in your effort to be like your 'white adopted brothers', sought to play baseball or wrestle or even play football (we've heard the stories about young women insisting on doing these things) would you judge her harshly?

Just think about it. I don't see this as a character issue just as I wouldn't have taken it as a character flaw if the rich young man who asked Jesus how to get into heaven and was told to sell all his possessions and give them to the poor and follow him ... had done so.

pubby

Really, we'd all be far, far ahead on this if we didn't care at all and accept the projection of our identity as an element of our freedom ... but no ... people want to keep you in 'your' place ... whatever or wherever in the hell that is.

pubby

A good point. I've begun to feel that those who most insist that everyone should agree with their concept of how life should be lived, sexuality, etc, are those that are most insecure in their own choices.

It requires an ability to accept what I am *and* ignore others that can't accept what I am to truly be happy.

As Richard Bach wrote in "Illusions" : " If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, I guess you do have a problem."

As George Shaw said: "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

Objective truth is dead... RIP June 2015.

8)

pubby

So you think dishonesty is "cool."

I do not care who you are or how you live... Let your freak flag fly is my motto.

But you must live honestly and not harm other people.

Go ahead and live your life as a black woman, if that is what makes your comfortable.

But do not go spreading lies and fostering hatred in order to reinforce your delusions.

8)

• Like 3

This has to take 1st place for phony outrage on Paulding.com White people up in arms over who works for the NAACP what a joke ! :rofl:

blue-ribbon-183x300.jpg

Actually that wasn't the point at all. I could care less who any organization hires or what the color of their skin is. What was demonstrated on her part was her lack of integrity passing herself off as black. In other words, she was living a lie and deceiving people.

• Like 1

Actually that wasn't the point at all. I could care less who any organization hires or what the color of their skin is. What was demonstrated on her part was her lack of integrity passing herself off as black. In other words, she was living a lie and deceiving people.

Blah Blah Blah . :lol:

This has to take 1st place for phony outrage on Paulding.com White people up in arms over who works for the NAACP what a joke ! :rofl:

blue-ribbon-183x300.jpg

blue-ribbon-183x300.jpg

ROTFLMAO

What are you saying? She is a republican too?

blue-ribbon-183x300.jpg

What phony outrage? Who is up in arms? I don't get the joke, either.

What I see is you and a couple others painting with that broad brush. Lol

• Like 2

Alright, enough African American white black crap. I agree that if Bruce can be a girl then white can be black and vice versa. As a matter of fact I don't consider myself white or Caucasian, I am an American, that is my race. I fill that in on the other category. I had a white friend who was African American. His father was from south Africa and mother from the states. He was whiter than me in terms of shades of skin color. All this racial divide is brought to you by a bunch of media and government types. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Think I feel sick hearing people argue injustice and other cheap excuses because how their life is screwed up. Stop looking for an out people. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem.

• Like 1

blue-ribbon-183x300.jpg

No, it's you and some others making it about race (as usual).

The "outrage" I see here is because of lying and deception. The fact that it involved race is secondary.

• Like 3

I know what you mean..

250px-Bush_announces_Operation_Iraqi_Fre

He hasn't been president for several years now. It's probably more productive to concentrate on the lies and deception of the current occupant of the White House.

• Like 2

"Rachel Dolezal grew up in what her parents called a diverse family, with friends from various ethnicities and four adopted siblings who are black. She was “always interested in ethnicity and diversity” growing up"

Growing up with black siblings seems to have made her just as confused as Bruce Jenner.

• Like 2

An Interesting history prior to her "transformation"...

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was “motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over” her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”

- Jamie