Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
TheDogs

Residential parking question

People have to much free time on their hands... AKA Get a life!

Lets just say that there is a bit of a circus act going on in a very small, NON-HOA subdivision, where neighbor A calls the cops on neighbor B because he/she parks his/her car on the street in front of his/her own house. But the cop calling loser (neighbor A) parks his/her/family/friends cars on the street in front of his/her own house... ALL THE TIME.

Can someone please point me to a Paulding County code/ordinance that says that you can not park your own car in front of your own house?

Thanks

I will have to find it, but there is an ordinance that says no autos are to be parked in the street. I have seen it before.

Edit: Sec. 62-63. - Unlawful use of county road.

b.

No person shall park or cause to be parked, on any county road or any property maintained by the county or its political subdivisions, any vehicle overnight or for any other period; ....

It does go on to provide a provision for disabled vehicles that will allow parking for up to 24 hours. The penalty can range from warnings, tickets, to towing of any vehicle parked in the streets that is operable.

Basically, park in your driveways or yards, but not the street.

Edited by MsGaStorm
  • Like 2

I think we are talking about two different things here... A county road I understand, but this is a very short subdivision road with a cul-de-sac at the end.

Who do you think maintains the subdivision roads? The county's department of transportation. If you don't believe me then call the sheriff office at the non-emergency line and ask what the law is. I've lived here for over 40 years and so have 3-4 generations before me on both sides of my family. I know it is illegal to park in any roadway or street in this county. It has been for decades.

• Like 4

It is in fact illegal - it impedes the flow of traffic in the event of an emergency. We only occasionally have an issue with this when the neighbor across the street parks directly at the bottom of our driveway. But, usually, a quick conversation takes care of that.

And, I believe that when you do park on the street - you must park with the direction of the flow of traffic as well.

• Like 1

When my brother moved to Paulding County (about 2 years ago) from another state, he parked his pickup truck on the street in front of his house while their furniture was being unloaded from the moving van parked in the driveway. One of the neighbors called the sheriff's department, and not one, but three deputies showed up and told him to move his vehicle.

When my brother moved to Paulding County (about 2 years ago) from another state, he parked his pickup truck on the street in front of his house while their furniture was being unloaded from the moving van parked in the driveway. One of the neighbors called the sheriff's department, and not one, but three deputies showed up and told him to move his vehicle.

It depends on whether you are one of the good old boys/girls, in Paulding county. I had a public street issue, and had to get a Declaratory Judgment to get the county to abide by their own street ordinance.

The county can cite you for parking in your on yard but on the county easement area. I had a marshal come to the door and tell us to move off our grass. Park in the driveway was he last thing he said.

I can tell you that it is extremely frustrating when people park in the street, even if it is in a subdivision. It is like driving a slalom course on my street sometimes. You cannot see kids that might run into the street from behind the street-parked cars. And buses, garbage trucks, and emergency vehicles have all complained and been prevented from traveling up our street. I have a neighbor across the street who sometimes parks in the street and it makes it near-impossible for me to pull out of my driveway. We have short driveways and narrow streets and I have to back-up/pull-forward several times before I can get out.

Please be safe, courteous, and abide by the county law and park your vehicles in your garage and driveway!

• Like 2

People have to much free time on their hands... AKA Get a life!

Lets just say that there is a bit of a circus act going on in a very small, NON-HOA subdivision, where neighbor A calls the cops on neighbor B because he/she parks his/her car on the street in front of his/her own house. But the cop calling loser (neighbor A) parks his/her/family/friends cars on the street in front of his/her own house... ALL THE TIME.

Can someone please point me to a Paulding County code/ordinance that says that you can not park your own car in front of your own house?

Thanks

Is this a small subdivison off 92 right at the Paulding/Cobb line?

Paulding County Ordinance

Chapter 62, article III

Section 62-63

Sec. 62-63. - Unlawful use of county road.

(a)

Subsections (h) and (i) of this section shall not apply to county roads designated as primary access routes.

No person shall park or cause to be parked, on any county road or any property maintained by the county or its political subdivisions, any vehicle overnight or for any other period; provided, however, that disabled vehicles may remain on such property, in an area safely out of the flow of traffic, for a reasonable period not to exceed 24 hours, which time limit may be waived by the office of the county sheriff or marshal, provided further, however, that a vehicle may be parked on such property safely out of the flow of traffic for a reasonable time as is required to first clear a location on the site, and off of the county road, for parking, but in no case shall such vehicle be permitted to remain on such property for a period exceeding eight hours; any such vehicle violating any provision of this subsection may be impounded by the county and/or the marshal may issue a citation to the owner or operator of such vehicle. Neither the county nor any of its political subdivisions or employees or agents shall be responsible for any charges incurred or damages sustained in the towing and storage of such vehicles

Edited by 2013HOG
  • Like 1

One of my neighbors has had a Winnebago parked in his front yard for years, with an occupant. I'm not really a fan but I'm not going to report him. Frankly I'm a little jealous because I would like to have a Winnebago on my property. I could pretend I'm going to the store and then relax in it.

• Like 3

One of my neighbors has had a Winnebago parked in his front yard for years, with an occupant. I'm not really a fan but I'm not going to report him. Frankly I'm a little jealous because I would like to have a Winnebago on my property. I could pretend I'm going to the store and then relax in it.

Sounds like you need a gal cave! My craft room is my gal cave.....it's good for the soul.

• Like 1

Nope!

Well that's good. You see I had the same issue just this past Monday in a non HOA sub and I guess I would be the husband of the "Loser neighbor A". KInda the same story but the neighbor B was parking a work truck sometimes with a trailer and not in front of his house but in the cu-lde-sac across from "loser neighbor A" so they had to look at it all day long on the weekends out the window of the living room. Also in the 21 years living at this location no cars have ever been parked in front of "Loser neighbors A" house.

For your "Loser neighbor A" to call the police on you while they are also breaking the same clearly written law is absurd to me. Also for me a car would not be an issue but a commericial dual wheel service truck from an equipment rental service that starts with an H is a completly different issue.

• Like 1

Wanna sell 40??????????????????????

LOL

Well we only own a small portion of that! We just get to enjoy the rest. :D

I will have to find it, but there is an ordinance that says no autos are to be parked in the street. I have seen it before.

Edit: Sec. 62-63. - Unlawful use of county road.

b.

No person shall park or cause to be parked, on any county road or any property maintained by the county or its political subdivisions, any vehicle overnight or for any other period; ....

It does go on to provide a provision for disabled vehicles that will allow parking for up to 24 hours. The penalty can range from warnings, tickets, to towing of any vehicle parked in the streets that is operable.

Basically, park in your driveways or yards, but not the street.

hey can you tell me is it against the law to race a 4 wheeler up and down a street in a subdivision? it goes on around here and it drives me crazy! And these are not kids doing it

• Like 2

hey can you tell me is it against the law to race a 4 wheeler up and down a street in a subdivision? it goes on around here and it drives me crazy! And these are not kids doing it

Hmmmm...maybe we're neighbors. It drives me crazy too.

• Like 1

Yes it is illegal. The ATVs are only supposed to operated on private property. If you would like, call the Sheriff's Office and report the activity so that they can come check it out when they have time. The experience someone told me that happened in my subdivision is they reported it and eventually the person was caught in the act. Since it was a teen, both the teen and the parent received a warning not to do it anymore or the parent could go to jail since they were allowing the teen to do it. I am not certain what would have happened to the teen in that situation, possibly probation? There have been too many people killed in this county doing exactly this or riding without a helmet.

• Like 2

Yes it is illegal. The ATVs are only supposed to operated on private property. If you would like, call the Sheriff's Office and report the activity so that they can come check it out when they have time. The experience someone told me that happened in my subdivision is they reported it and eventually the person was caught in the act. Since it was a teen, both the teen and the parent received a warning not to do it anymore or the parent could go to jail since they were allowing the teen to do it. I am not certain what would have happened to the teen in that situation, possibly probation? There have been too many people killed in this county doing exactly this or riding without a helmet.

This is great information. Thank you. :)

ATVs on county roads are indeed illegal. A kid in my subdivision was killed on one some years back.

ATVs on county roads are indeed illegal. A kid in my subdivision was killed on one some years back.

By the way, county roads do include dirt roads. Unless the road is privately owned (like a long driveway or farm road) then it is illegal.

This is great information. Thank you. :)

You are welcome. :) If you need the ordinance # then maybe the Sheriff or Marshall's office can tell you. It's easy to look up online, but sometimes I just don't have the time to look them up. Sorry.

• Like 1

By the way, county roads do include dirt roads. Unless the road is privately owned (like a long driveway or farm road) then it is illegal.

You are welcome. :) If you need the ordinance # then maybe the Sheriff or Marshall's office can tell you. It's easy to look up online, but sometimes I just don't have the time to look them up. Sorry.

I really don't have this problem but it seems so many do, I thought I would just give you a thumbs up. Now, can you help me with any kind of thing with people who don't cut their grass or let their 12 year old drive their trucks or shoot guns at all hours or throw trash on the roadside or drive down here to drop their pitiful, hurt animals off?

You know I kid.......sort of.