Paulding.com

Dana point taken, perhaps the use of "it" was a bit confrontational and I amend the vernacular to "he". LPPT I do not see where tolerance has anything to do with my statement. I tolerate a hell of a lot more than I did in my youth. I do not fear any alternative lifestyle. I just do not agree with the practice of homosexuality. I have friends and family who are gay. I treat them with respect and in some cases much more respect than their other so called friends. Without going into great detail I had a family member who had his mother pass away a couple of years ago. This young man is gay. At the funeral one male family member consoled him, hugged him and offered any assistance he needed with finances, grieving, etc. That person was me. I love him, I do not persecute him, but I do not agree with his lifestyle. My post was about having these life choices shoved in my face twenty four seven and considered an uneducated, homophobic, redneck hater if I say I do not agree with the lifestyle. I do not agree Islam is the religion of peace, I do not think aboortzion should be used as a means of birth control, I support the right to possess firearms, I believe marriage is a right afforded between a man and a woman, I am against across the board amnesty for illegal aliens, I think every able bodied person should earn their money not receive it from the government, I think I pay way too many taxes, I think government is way too big, I agree with many of the values of Christianity but I am not a practicing member of any sect and on and on. On the other hand I do believe in the civil rights of gays (except marriage) and all minorities but I do not agree that they have more rights than me which is what a lot of activist seem to want. I do not think aboortzion should be illegal in cases of incest, rape or endangerment to the mother and believe the choice is 100% the woman's. I am not against government assistance for the elderly, children or those who are really handicapped physically or mentally. I am against the Catholic church's stand on birth control. I believe we should allow documented aliens in this country as long as they go through the proper process and do not come or stay here illegally. Sorry about the soap box but I just want to be clear that all Southern Conservatives are not the homophobic, racist, close minded haters that the left seems to label them. I am educated, honest, outgoing and open minded to learning about almost any subject but there are things I do not agree with and no amount of peer pressure or media blitzing is going to change my opinion. These opinions have been formed over a life time not just by what the current trend is.

• Like 3
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You keep calling him a "she" I'm sorry but until someone one whacks off ole Mr.Johnson. his two pals and loads him up with estrogen he ain't no she. Even then I have a hard time buying it.

Can't we all just have a Coke and a smile?  

I hope everyone will afford me the same right to an opinion as the one's that are gushing about this situation. It was born a man, it is a man. I will reserve my true feelings about being force fed li

I do not care who he, she or she-it is, I would prefer them to wear more appropriate clothing for the front of a magazine. BLECH!

Have some class, please.

I do not feel we should all have our noses rubbed in someone's private life or "privates" at all.

The way this is being handled makes it more of a publicity stunt, than a personal choice.

• Like 2

Dana point taken, perhaps the use of "it" was a bit confrontational and I amend the vernacular to "he". LPPT I do not see where tolerance has anything to do with my statement. I tolerate a hell of a lot more than I did in my youth. I do not fear any alternative lifestyle. I just do not agree with the practice of homosexuality. I have friends and family who are gay. I treat them with respect and in some cases much more respect than their other so called friends. Without going into great detail I had a family member who had his mother pass away a couple of years ago. This young man is gay. At the funeral one male family member consoled him, hugged him and offered any assistance he needed with finances, grieving, etc. That person was me. I love him, I do not persecute him, but I do not agree with his lifestyle. My post was about having these life choices shoved in my face twenty four seven and considered an uneducated, homophobic, redneck hater if I say I do not agree with the lifestyle. I do not agree Islam is the religion of peace, I do not think aboortzion should be used as a means of birth control, I support the right to possess firearms, I believe marriage is a right afforded between a man and a woman, I am against across the board amnesty for illegal aliens, I think every able bodied person should earn their money not receive it from the government, I think I pay way too many taxes, I think government is way too big, I agree with many of the values of Christianity but I am not a practicing member of any sect and on and on. On the other hand I do believe in the civil rights of gays (except marriage) and all minorities but I do not agree that they have more rights than me which is what a lot of activist seem to want. I do not think aboortzion should be illegal in cases of incest, rape or endangerment to the mother and believe the choice is 100% the woman's. I am not against government assistance for the elderly, children or those who are really handicapped physically or mentally. I am against the Catholic church's stand on birth control. I believe we should allow documented aliens in this country as long as they go through the proper process and do not come or stay here illegally. Sorry about the soap box but I just want to be clear that all Southern Conservatives are not the homophobic, racist, close minded haters that the left seems to label them. I am educated, honest, outgoing and open minded to learning about almost any subject but there are things I do not agree with and no amount of peer pressure or media blitzing is going to change my opinion. These opinions have been formed over a life time not just by what the current trend is.

I guess I just don't get that stories about alternate lifestyles is shoving it in your face. That is a strange way of describing seeing and reading articles. We don't have to read them or watch them. Maybe I can relate, the 2 men I love most play the things on TV I hate the most football and Fox news I can't help but hear it and I feel it is shoved into my brain.

• Like 1

I wonder what those who think there is nothing wrong with this transgender thing would think if some people started identifying themselves as "transracial"?

Oh my god, you are really a one trick pony aren't you ? OK two, everything with you either boils down to race or politics.

Just damn !

Edited by CitizenCain

I think women need a little more man in them.

I don't mean that as an insult, but rather to tell them that men negotiate what they get in life. From my experience, it seems that women do less negotiation, and therefore pay more while making less.

Tolerance is good, in women, but it's sometimes expensive, and when I say expensive, I mean coming and going expensive.

Spend more, and get less.

Men tell women to shut up, sit home, and not vote. They damn sure don't want them in a union

Edited by The Postman

Stonewall, thank you for amending your vernacular. Dang, the use of these big words is hurting my head, lol! Even though we don't see eye to eye, I do hear what you're saying and I'm glad we can respectfully agree to disagree.

• Like 3

Oh my god, you are really a one trick pony aren't you ? OK two, everything with you either boils down to race or politics.

Just damn !

There you go again making assumptions.

I thought it would be interesting to see how those who thought it was acceptable for people born of one sex to identify themselves as another sex would feel the same way if it a person born of one race were to identify themselves as another race. Here's an article where millions were doing just that with the census.

Just damn !

Cheapskates have some kind of PTSD, CC, I think!

I don't know what causes them to be so skeptical of reality.

Would you explain what exactly is the "gay lifestyle?" I'm just curious because I don't know of anyone who has a different lifestyle. The only thing that is different is they are attracted to the same sex. How is that a lifestyle?

• Like 2

There you go again making assumptions.

I thought it would be interesting to see how those who thought it was acceptable for people born of one sex to identify themselves as another sex would feel the same way if it a person born of one race were to identify themselves as another race. Here's an article where millions were doing just that with the census.

The article said this happens because of how Americans are viewing race, especially among the Hispanic population. It just reflects the changing cultural landscape that too many people just cannot accept.

I do not care who he, she or she-it is, I would prefer them to wear more appropriate clothing for the front of a magazine. BLECH!

Have some class, please.

I do not feel we should all have our noses rubbed in someone's private life or "privates" at all.

The way this is being handled makes it more of a publicity stunt, than a personal choice.

Wonder how long until the reality show comes out?

Remember...we're talking about the Kardashion family here.

They are good marketeers and know how to sell their product (themselves). They are just good business people and highly entertaining. Free enterprise at its best.

• Like 3

Stonewall, now that's a most excellent post!

I understand a feeling of resentment about being force fed something you don't agree with. My feeling is how people handle themselves making their point makes all the difference. I've had black friends that when a situation comes up that takes some work to get through, it just doesn't work out. Why? They feel it's because they are black. I feel that this is a cop out and a crutch. I mean, OK you're black. But what else are you? Or are you only black? This situation happened with a girlfriend a few years back and we just couldn't get past it. We had been friends, going through some very tough times together, for 15 years.

Another time I met a openly gay man who was so flamboyant in his gayness, I got the feeling that it was his intent to make sure that his gayness was the main point to be considered. It's not his behavior that offended me. It was his total disregard for my lifestyle that offended me because I felt like I was being spoon fed his gayness.

People are people and we are all due respect. Just for being people. But when somehow your rights should be viewed as less, that's when the rub comes in. Everyone needs to have more tolerance, on both sides. And people should understand that nobodies rights trump another's.

With all these issues coming up folks may need some time to work on acceptance and time to figure out how they really feel about it.

I'm working through my own tolerance issues, but I'll tell you this much, the second that someone gets militant with their position, I'm out.

Whew, hope I put this right.

• Like 2

I would not be surprised at all if Jenner gets his own reality show from this. As far as one person finding the Kardashian family entertaining, I find them anything but. If people want to exploit the family life on TV, so be it; but they really should expect that they pretty much make themselves targets of ridicule and scrutiny; as well as give up a large portion of privacy.

• Like 5

I wonder what those who think there is nothing wrong with this transgender thing would think if some people started identifying themselves as "transracial"?

Funny you should mention that...

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/02/chet-haze-n-word-rap-tom-hanks-son/

Have some class, please.

She's showing less skin that most swimsuits show. :rolleyes:

I would not be surprised at all if Jenner gets his own reality show from this. As far as one person finding the Kardashian family entertaining, I find them anything but. If people want to exploit the family life on TV, so be it; but they really should expect that they pretty much make themselves targets of ridicule and scrutiny; as well as give up a large portion of privacy.

Have you ever watched a single episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians? I find that most people who say they don't like them never have. As far as exploiting the family life, they are closer family than most.

• Like 2

Have you ever watched a single episode of Keeping Up with the Kardashians? I find that most people who say they don't like them never have. As far as exploiting the family life, they are closer family than most.

Yes I have. I've also seen an episode of Real Housewives. I just don't see why people are attracted to these shows.

I don't think he has, jenilyn! But, I could be wrong.

I think he lust likes to talk.

Here ya go, EZ: > https://youtu.be/bw4pnQNbBxE?list=PL2F4643732A480CB7

Yes I have. I've also seen an episode of Real Housewives. I just don't see why people are attracted to these shows.

That's OK, I don't like NASCAR or guns.

Every male I know would rather take a beating than watch a single episode.

But really, I think it's a chick flick anyway...sort of.

Would you explain what exactly is the "gay lifestyle?" I'm just curious because I don't know of anyone who has a different lifestyle. The only thing that is different is they are attracted to the same sex. How is that a lifestyle?

That is the descriptive term that I hear from the mainstream media most of the time when they are discussing the gay community. I did not coin the phrase so unfortunately I cannot fully define it for you. I can only suppose it applies to the gay communities preference in entertainment, dining, living arrangements, transportation, social causes as well as sexual attraction to the same sex. If it offends you please contact MSNBC (or any media outlet) and ask them who started the phrase.

Postman, let's not carry over hard feelings from another thread to this one. Post to the other thread. Let's see if the rules of this board can be followed, if we all act like adults.

Thank you kind sir.

That is the descriptive term that I hear from the mainstream media most of the time when they are discussing the gay community. I did not coin the phrase so unfortunately I cannot fully define it for you. I can only suppose it applies to the gay communities preference in entertainment, dining, living arrangements, transportation, social causes as well as sexual attraction to the same sex. If it offends you please contact MSNBC (or any media outlet) and ask them who started the phrase.

So how is their "lifestyle" any different than yours? Do they go to different places to eat than you? I am certain there is a gay car they all drive and a only certain movies they watch. I bet gays only vote one way.

The truth is the gay community is exactly like you in every way and are as varied in their beliefs about things as everyone else. There are religious gays and atheist gays. There are Republican gays and Democrat gays. Some gays like the opera and some like Country and Western. They shop in the same stores as you, eat the same foods as you, and love people just like you. They love their families like you. They go to church just like you. They disagree with many things just like you. They want to keep America safe, just like you. Gays have nothing different in their life than you do. They want peace and respect. They work hard in their careers and they have friends they care about. All they want is to be protected just like you. If your employer doesn't like your beliefs, he can't fire you. However, a gay person doesn't believe the same way as many do, and they shouldn't be fired for it either. They want to be able to have the same legal protections as you and your spouse do.

So what is the Gay Lifestyle you disagree? Seems to be it is not the "lifestyle" because they do the same things you do. The only difference is they happen to be attracted to the same sex. How is that a "lifestyle?"

I have had many kids in just the few years I've been teaching who know they are gay and all they want is to go to school and not be pushed or beat up in the halls because they are different. Thankfully most kids today are more accepting and less judgemental. Even when I was in school just a few years ago, it was still hard for kids to admit they were gay. They went to the prom and dated and football games and everything else a teenager does. They were just like me in every way except they were gay. No different lifestyle.

• Like 1

So how is their "lifestyle" any different than yours? Do they go to different places to eat than you? I am certain there is a gay car they all drive and a only certain movies they watch. I bet gays only vote one way.

The truth is the gay community is exactly like you in every way and are as varied in their beliefs about things as everyone else. There are religious gays and atheist gays. There are Republican gays and Democrat gays. Some gays like the opera and some like Country and Western. They shop in the same stores as you, eat the same foods as you, and love people just like you. They love their families like you. They go to church just like you. They disagree with many things just like you. They want to keep America safe, just like you. Gays have nothing different in their life than you do. They want peace and respect. They work hard in their careers and they have friends they care about. All they want is to be protected just like you. If your employer doesn't like your beliefs, he can't fire you. However, a gay person doesn't believe the same way as many do, and they shouldn't be fired for it either. They want to be able to have the same legal protections as you and your spouse do.

So what is the Gay Lifestyle you disagree? Seems to be it is not the "lifestyle" because they do the same things you do. The only difference is they happen to be attracted to the same sex. How is that a "lifestyle?"

I have had many kids in just the few years I've been teaching who know they are gay and all they want is to go to school and not be pushed or beat up in the halls because they are different. Thankfully most kids today are more accepting and less judgemental. Even when I was in school just a few years ago, it was still hard for kids to admit they were gay. They went to the prom and dated and football games and everything else a teenager does. They were just like me in every way except they were gay. No different lifestyle?

* See previous post.

So how is their "lifestyle" any different than yours? Do they go to different places to eat than you? I am certain there is a gay car they all drive and a only certain movies they watch.

As I understand it the official gay car is the Prius or it might be it's the Miata I forget. As far as movies go I think it's anything with Barbra Streisand.

:)

Well I hope he can truly go fuc? himself now. I have zero care what he looks like as a transsexual guy or the rest of the people that think they are trapped inside of the wrong sex. Sissies every one of em. Think I'd like to drink a six pack of alpha male with my buddies while watching a herd of Chihuahuas chew on the candy butts of all these crazies.

Edited by afewcardsshy

Well I hope he can truly go fuc? himself now. I have zero care what he looks like as a transsexual guy or the rest of the people that think they are trapped inside of the wrong sex. Sissies every one of em. Think I'd like to drink a six pack of alpha male with my buddies while a herd of Chihuahuas chew on their candy butts.

And then there's THIS point of view.......

• Like 2

Well I hope he can truly go fuc? himself now. I have zero care what he looks like as a transsexual guy or the rest of the people that think they are trapped inside of the wrong sex. Sissies every one of em. Think I'd like to drink a six pack of alpha male with my buddies while a herd of Chihuahuas chew on their candy butts.

Not cool. :(

I'm sure many share your viewpoint, I'm not going to throw a judgement call. It is what it is.

All right keep"n it classy. :good:

I can't think it's a good idea to put this topic in the gutter. We've all seen that and done that. It gets no one anywhere. We are grown, can't we can have an honest exchange? I would hope so.