Paulding.com

Vertigo / numbnesss /fatigue

For the last week or so, I felt kinda numb in the am. Yesterday, I was told to go to the ER. They said I had vertigo and gave me meds. I don't feel any better today. Just wanted to get your experiences with Vertigo and if anything helped.

No, I am not asking the "Dr's of PCOM" for an evaluation. Just experiences and how long this crap lasts.

For the last week or so, I felt kinda numb in the am. Yesterday, I was told to go to the ER. They said I had vertigo and gave me meds. I don't feel any better today. Just wanted to get your experiences with Vertigo and if anything helped.

No, I am not asking the "Dr's of PCOM" for an evaluation. Just experiences and how long this crap lasts.

Had any tick bites this year, rashes, bullseye?

• Like 1

No,LPPT. None of the above.

I wouldn't dismiss it if I were you since we live in the same subdivision and the coyotes are extremely active in our neighborhood. If you don't get any better ask your PCP to run a western blot. Mine started out like you. It was neuro lyme.

My eyes were the worse effected starting with sensitivity to the sun. I also had heat intolerance as most do.

I wouldn't dismiss it if I were you since we live in the same subdivision and the coyotes are extremely active in our neighborhood. If you don't get any better ask your PCP to run a western blot. Mine started out like you. It was neuro lyme.

My eyes were the worse effected starting with sensitivity to the sun. I also had heat intolerance as most do.

I have another appointment at 8 tomorrow. I am going to go ahead and ask for the western blot. Can't hurt.

Sister in law and buddy both have it. One uses meds and the other was given various exercises to combat it. Both initial onsets lasted a month or longer. You may want to google the exercises. They train your brain to get back in sync. Good Luck!

Edited by bigplay

I have another appointment at 8 tomorrow. I am going to go ahead and ask for the western blot. Can't hurt.

Please do. I am following your post on FB. A warning steroids can make you much worse very quickly. If your doc does not want to do it, you tell him that it is on the rise and you know someone that contracted it in the neighborhood. I had never left Paulding the year I got it.

I had it. Mine came from diet soda. I know that sounds crazy but apparently my body cannot handle aspartame. Seriously. May not be your issue but it was definitely mine. It went away about a week after I stopped drinking the Pepsi Max. Tried it again about a year later and after a couple of weeks, the vertigo came back. Stopped drinking it again and it went away again.

Thanks, LPPT. Will do.

Susie, I don't do fake sugar. Fortunately, I never liked that taste.

I really hope it is JUST an inner ear infection. This has been a really bad week.

Which arm was numb? My mother had an episode of vertigo (no numbness) and it lasted maybe a few days? Can't remember what the dr. gave her, but it was the regular stuff, whatever that is. I remember her opening the car door as they were leaving for the dr. so she could throw up...she was in misery.

Just curious here, but......what do coyotes have anything to do with vertigo and living in the same subdivision??????? I'm just a little puzzled at this response ?????

Just curious here, but......what do coyotes have anything to do with vertigo and living in the same subdivision??????? I'm just a little puzzled at this response ?????

Carriers of ticks with Lyme disease.

Got back from the Dr at around 11. He was ok with running a Lyme Disease test, which stunned me. But he asked that I wait until my meds are completed to see if I saw a significant change. I am home an extremely nauseous. My favorite Man is home with me today and is taking extra good care of me. The numbness isn't as bad as it was but the dizziness hasn't changed. MRI scheduled for Monday. So annoyed.

I had it. Mine came from diet soda. I know that sounds crazy but apparently my body cannot handle aspartame. Seriously. May not be your issue but it was definitely mine. It went away about a week after I stopped drinking the Pepsi Max. Tried it again about a year later and after a couple of weeks, the vertigo came back. Stopped drinking it again and it went away again.

OMG...I started this thread from the beginning and somehow my mind was stuck on Lyme Disease when I got to your post. So, naturally, my reaction was "Lyme Disease from diet soda?...huh?"

:rofl:

Carriers of ticks with Lyme disease.

The significance of coyotes is that they are large predators. They need a lot of acreage to survive.

They can carry infected ticks over a large range. Sometimes it will mostly be present in the small animals such as lizards, voles, mice ect. That allows it to concentrate in a small area such as my back yard. Large animals such as deer and coyotes will spread it quickly and over a large area.

A tick lays hundreds of eggs at a time, so one tick can over a lifetime create tens of thousands of offspring with the bacteria. They are laid in the leaf trash were they can survive up to 2 years on the moisture there in their Nymph stage.

Most people never see the Nymph it is so small. Over 50% never see a rash. We have been poisoning our entire lawn for over 5 years to try and wipe out the carriers. I had lyme again last year so we have not been successful.

• Like 1