Paulding.com

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao

That is a bit steep but I bet lots won't care about the price.

I love boxing. I have been waiting for this fight to happen for years. It is definitely a high price, however, for me, it will be worth every penny.

• Like 1

Pay-Per-View (PPV) costs in US dollars:

United States - $100

Canada - $78.88

Scandinavia - $59.52

Australia - $47.94

New Zealand - $38.51

United Kingdom - $30.79

Singapore - $30.24

Germany - $22.06

Spain - $13.23

I love boxing. I have been waiting for this fight to happen for years. It is definitely a high price, however, for me, it will be worth every penny.

Damn, I'm thinking about it, but that's a hell of a lot of money. I've been waiting too.

Too much but this is the first fight since Tyson-Holyfield that I have really wanted to watch so.......I'll be watching. I'm sure Blondies will be sleeping. Lol.

((Yawn)) Sorry. I just don't get the allure of watching 2 men beat the hell out of each other.

• Like 2

((Yawn)) Sorry. I just don't get the allure of watching 2 men beat the hell out of each other.

I'm with you on that one. To me it's akin to watching a dog fight.

Too brutal for me to get charged up about.

• Like 1

I'm with you on that one. To me it's akin to watching a dog fight.

Too brutal for me to get charged up about.

True story.

Here's some of the 'hype' ... from the BBC.

Apparently there is a problem with the cable connection so, at least according to the news (11 Alive), a lot of folks who did pay are being shut out and can't see it.

pubby

Firstly $100.00 is a fair price for ppv if you consider you can invite your buds over and split the cost or if you are a business (yes many bars are open until 2-4 am). I am always cautious about any event the media hypes this much. Personally the fight is about 3-5 years late and I would never pay the ring side prices for any event. I was hoping Manny would shut the mouth of the thug Mayweather but it did not go that way. I am not sure if there will ever be another Ali-Frazier,Sugar Ray-Duran or Hearns-Hagler fight again.

Thank goodness it is over! Let's hope the media will get bored and move on to different subjects!

Boxing in the old days (I was born in the 1970's) was much better than the ones nowadays. It didn't cost a lot of money to watch the boxing.

I am not so into boxing, it is so boring! My father was, but he did not go wild or lose his temper like some people do.

Mr. Mayweather may have brought at least $250-million home (assuming that he did not blow much at the strip club last night like some reporters have reported), but he will probably have to pay his children's mother(s) and debtors.

Enough with the name-calling stuff, it is getting so old now.

Here's some of the 'hype' ... from the BBC.

Apparently there is a problem with the cable connection so, at least according to the news (11 Alive), a lot of folks who did pay are being shut out and can't see it.

pubby

Pubby,

This gives me an Idea. Lets you, and I, put on our boxing gloves. I know you are a young man, but I'll do it for the benefit of P.com's interest.

Pubby,

This gives me an Idea. Lets you, and I, put on our boxing gloves. I know you are a young man, but I'll do it for the benefit of P.com's interest.

From the descriptions, the fight with words, which generated hundreds of millions, was a lot more entertaining than the fight with fists.

A one-on-one with with words live might be a way to generate some cash.

You and say, glassdogs might get have some subscribers. We could structure it like a boxing match ... three minute rounds ... and the option to pick up the paintball guns to settle the matter.

pubby

Firstly $100.00 is a fair price for ppv if you consider you can invite your buds over and split the cost or if you are a business (yes many bars are open until 2-4 am). I am always cautious about any event the media hypes this much. Personally the fight is about 3-5 years late and I would never pay the ring side prices for any event. I was hoping Manny would shut the mouth of the thug Mayweather but it did not go that way. I am not sure if there will ever be another Ali-Frazier,Sugar Ray-Duran or Hearns-Hagler fight again.

Mayweather is a skilled boxer, but he's avoided tough fights in his division like Paul Williams and Antonio Margarito when they were in their prime. Williams is now paralyzed from a motorcycle accident and Margarito was found with plaster in his gloves. I've been reading that Pacquiao had a torn right shoulder, but I guess he wasn't going to pass up a 100 million dollar payday.

Edited by TJB

I remember back in the 60's my step-dad always had to watch the Friday night fights sponsored by Gillett.

I enjoy watching a good fight like Ali, Sugar Ray, George Foreman or even Holyfield, but I swear it seems like I've heard about this fight for a year now and I'm just glad it's over. And I think Mayweather is a thug. Yeah, I said it.

From the descriptions, the fight with words, which generated hundreds of millions, was a lot more entertaining than the fight with fists.

A one-on-one with with words live might be a way to generate some cash.

You and say, glassdogs might get have some subscribers. We could structure it like a boxing match ... three minute rounds ... and the option to pick up the paintball guns to settle the matter.

pubby

I'm not as good with words, Pubby! I'm a redneck country boy. But, a country boy can survive.

I might piss glassdog off, and there would be a fist fight, anyway. And, glassdog is a younger man than you are. Not only that, but I know how heavy those glass panes are. :)

Edited by The Postman