Paulding.com

Fresh crawfish

I know that crawdads are in season right now but seems the ones I see at the local grocery stores are all "previously frozen". Anyone know where to get some fresh ones around here or are they always frozen before distribution?

mrnn

CobbInternational Market ... $2.99 lb

need their #?

Um, from what I understand, you cook them and then eat the tail and suck the stuff out of the head.

Yuk. Big ole yuk.

mrnn

Gag a maggot. No offense to anybody what likes 'em, of course. I am grossed out by all filter feeders but this more so on account of sucking the juice out of the head thing.

Thanks for the info!

Crayfish/crawdads, lobsters, shrimps, crabs, scampis, etc) are closely kin to insects.

Oh. Yeah, I can see that. The filter-feeder thing did it for me, either. I don't eat pork if I can help it, either. Turkey sausage, turkey bacon...mmmmmm!

• Like 1

Hell, if cockroaches taste like lobster, I'd probably love eating some roach bisque.

mrnn

So, crawfish taste like lobster? This southern gal has never tried crawfish. I love lobster though. If crawfish taste anything like lobster, I'm in!

Hell, if cockroaches taste like lobster, I'd probably love eating some roach bisque.

mrnn

Problem is, they don't taste like lobster. They taste like whatever spice they are cooked in. Besides, if I wanted lobster, I'd get a lobster.

• Like 1