Paulding.com

Kristina Brown awake according to Bobby Brown

The Houston family says that the Browns were wrong and that she (Krissy) is still unresponsive on life support. I believe she is still at the de Kalb Medical Center in Decatur.

Here is the story: TMZ.com

Edit- sorry, I forgot to include the link.

Edited by Brian

I found a little clarification on the issue. Now that doctors expect her to have a long life, I guess nobody will get the money. It will all be spent on rehab. Gawd, I'm so crass sometimes, sorry, I just would not want to live without my mind.

Bobby Brown's Lawyer Clarifies His Comments About Bobbi Kristina: 'The Quality of Her Life Will Not Be Known for Years To Come'

Robert Kessler

By Robert Kessler

2 hours ago

Yahoo Celebrity

After Bobby Brown told concertgoers in Dallas Saturday night that his daughter, Bobbi Kristina, "is awake," Brown's lawyer Christopher Brown is scaling back the singer's exuberant claim that Bobbi "is watching me."

"Bobbi Kristina’s condition has changed since moving from Emory University Hospital and there has been improvement," Brown said in a statement to The Insider With Yahoo. "Doctors have indicated that she will have a long life. However, Bobbi Kristina is presently embarking on a rehabilitation process and the quality of her life will not be known for years to come."

Bobbi Kristina, Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown's only child, has been hospitalized since January, when she was found unresponsive in a bathtub in an incident eerily similar to the one which caused her mother's death. In February, she was placed in a medically induced coma in order to treat brain swelling.

Bobby's wife Alicia Etheredge-Brown also issued a statement to clarify her husband's remarks, which many interpreted to mean that Bobbi Kristina had made a full recovery, saying Bobby was in "an emotional state."

"My husband made an attempt to correct the negative comments he must endure on a daily basis from both family and the public regarding his daughter’s medical condition," Etheredge-Brown said. "He is encouraged by the steps that Bobbi Kristina has made since her hospitalization on January 31, 2015. She has made it out of ICU, opened her eyes, and started a rehabilitation that will be long and hard."

If Bobbi Kristina has opened her eyes, it does not mean she's out of the woods. Though she's no longer in a coma, a family source told CNN that she doesn't respond to familiar voices and her eyes do not follow a person around a room. She still relies on a tracheostomy to breathe.

Though the full circumstances surrounding Bobbi Kristina's near death have not been uncovered, police are treating the case as a criminal investigation.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/bobby-brown-s-lawyer-clarifies-his-comments-about-bobbi-kristina-204219709.html

Would be nice if the doctors/officials at the de Kalb Medical Center could say something. I guess they won't due to the HIPAA law.

------------

Here's what was published on TMZ.com.

CISSY HOUSTON

BOBBI KRISTINA'S BRAIN DAMAGE ... 'IRREVERSIBLE'

Remains Unresponsive

Bobbi Kristina is suffering from irreversible global brain damage and is completely unresponsive ... so says her grandmother Cissy Houston.

Cissy tells TMZ, "Meeting with the doctors and understanding that she can live in this condition for a lifetime truly saddens me."

She squarely contradicts Bobby Brown, who claims Bobbi is off life support and somewhat responsive.

Cissy tells us, "I have just returned from visiting my granddaughter Bobbi Kristina in the hospital and while she is no longer in a medically induced coma she has a tracheotomy and according to the doctors she has global and irreversible brain damage and remains unresponsive."

Bobbi Kristina's grandma has faint hope, telling us, "We can only trust in God for a miracle at this time. Keep us in your prayers."

It's unclear why the families are so divided.

Edited by Brian

She's a potato. Get over it. Let her be at peace.

I told Blondie last night, if I am unable to pull the trigger myself, unplug me.

I do have that all legal n junk too with my DNR.

Cranemec, I just want to make sure that you do realize a standard DNR applies not only to you being on life-support (ventilator) but also to shocking your heart if you were to have a heart attack etc. while doctors are trying to keep you alive long enough to get you treated? Say you needed emergency heart surgery and they are trying to keep you alive long enough to get you into surgery or maybe during surgery? My father in law has had to have 2 major heart surgeries and one was an emergency, that and working in the hospital is how I have seen this type of scenario happen.

Yeah, I'm not sure he meant DNR. A Living Will\Advanced Directive is what most people want to have in place so that you can decide what you want to happen so you can make clear your desires that your dying is not artificially prolonged.

Here's a Living Will form for those who don't have one. http://www.doyourownwill.com/living-will/states.html

Cranemec, I just want to make sure that you do realize a standard DNR applies not only to you being on life-support (ventilator) but also to shocking your heart if you were to have a heart attack etc. while doctors are trying to keep you alive long enough to get you treated? Say you needed emergency heart surgery and they are trying to keep you alive long enough to get you into surgery or maybe during surgery? My father in law has had to have 2 major heart surgeries and one was an emergency, that and working in the hospital is how I have seen this type of scenario happen.

Yeah, I'm not sure he meant DNR. A Living Will\Advanced Directive is what most people want to have in place so that you can decide what you want to happen so you can make clear your desires that your dying is not artificially prolonged.

Here's a Living Will form for those who don't have one. http://www.doyourownwill.com/living-will/states.html

I was trying to keep it short. :lol:

I have a living will that states do not keep me artificially alive with no hope of ever recovering.Except it's all lawyerly n junk. :lol:

But I have to keep my eye on Blondie. Make sure she doesn't ask them to pull the plug while I'm sleeping.

• Like 1

I was trying to keep it short. :lol:

I have a living will that states do not keep me artificially alive with no hope of ever recovering.Except it's all lawyerly n junk. :lol:

But I have to keep my eye on Blondie. Make sure she doesn't ask them to pull the plug while I'm sleeping.

HE WOULDN'T WANT TO LIVE THIS WAY!!!!!

But Mrs Phillips, he's just sleeping he's not dead.

DO YOU SEE HOW UNHAPPY HE IS!!???!!!

• Like 3

Bobby Brown ‘Clearly in Denial’ About Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Condition, Expert Says

The Wrap

By Tim Kenneally

2 hours ago

Bobby Brown — who shocked the public last weekend when he announced that his daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was “awake” despite spending most of the past three months in a medically-induced coma — is “clearly in denial” about his daughter’s condition, a psychiatry expert told TheWrap.

“At this point, he’s clearly in denial about what’s going on,” Lawrence Genen MD MBA, a psychiatrist and diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, said. “Obviously she is still alive there, but what degree is she really [alive]? And the longer you remain ambiguous, it really does delay the natural grieving process.”

The elder Brown surprised concertgoers during a show in Texas Saturday night when he said that his 22-year-old daughter was “awake,” adding, “She’s watching me.”

Brown’s comments were quickly contradicted by several reports citing family sources claiming that Bobbi Kristina’s condition hadn’t changed. Her grandmother, Cissy Houston, came forward to state that, while her granddaughter was no longer in a medically-induced coma, according to the doctors “she has ‘global and irreversible brain damage’ and remains unresponsive.”

Bobbi Kristina Brown, the daughter of Bobby Brown and deceased singer Whitney Houston, was found face-down and unresponsive in the bathtub of her Georgia residence on Jan. 31. Late last month, she was reportedly transferred from Emory University Hospital to a medical rehabilitation facility.

Genen noted that it’s “incredibly common” for family members to delude themselves into false hope when a loved one is all but gone. When someone is “looking for any sign that the person you knew and loved and cared for is still in there,” a patient being moved around by staff, for example, could make it seem to an overly hopeful relative that her head or eyes have moved on their own.

“It’s easy to conflate the desire and that hope to see some sign of the person you once knew and confuse a movement or a reflex effect [with a sign] that the person is in there,” Genen noted. “Their body may be there, but their mind is really gone.”

There are circumstances unique to Brown’s relationship with his daughter that might make it especially difficult to face reality, Genen noted. The fact that Brown was largely absent from his daughter’s life as he struggled with substance abuse issues, for instance, could have an effect.

The case of Bobbi Kristina, Genen said, is “a reminder of how important it is for people to have a discussion … that way your family members’ grief is not complicated by this uncertainty about knowing what you would have wanted done.”

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bobby-brown-clearly-denial-bobbi-kristina-brown-condition-171636434.html

I'm sorry. Lord forgive me and bless all the guinea hens across the street....... He's after Whitney's money left to Bobbie Christina.

Edited by Blondiega1
  • Like 3

Nick Gordon is out of rehab. He is living with his mother.

----

Bobbi Kristina Brown's Boyfriend Nick Gordon Is Out of Rehab

Nick Gordon has ended his stint in rehab.

"I can confirm that Nick is no longer in rehab," lawyer Randy Kessler confirms to PEOPLE. The boyfriend of Bobbi Kristina Brown is now back home and staying with his mother, Michelle Gordon, a source tells PEOPLE.

Gordon, 25, checked into rehab earlier this spring. "He is very distraught over what is going on," a source close to the Brown family told PEOPLE at the time. "He really wants to see her. He is upset about a lot of things: her being sick, him never getting respect [from her family]."

Gordon has been feuding with the Houston and Brown families and has been barred from seeing Bobbi Kristina at the long-term care facility where she remains unresponsive with what her grandmother Cissy Houston has said is irreversible brain damage.

Bobbi Kristina – the daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston – was found facedown in a bathtub on Jan. 31. A source told PEOPLE last week that the 22-year-old's condition "has not changed."

Gordon and his mother Michelle appeared on The Dr. Phil Show in March, where Gordon discussed his mental anguish and drug and alcohol addiction.

That's what I was thinking. Who knows who's going to spend all the money, who's going to take charge of her care?

After all the money is gone and she's still lying in a coma unresponsive in a facility that they can't afford because all the money is gone.

Who makes the decision then?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bobbi-kristina-brown-awake-no-longer-life-support-084000970-us-weekly.html

Bobbi Kristina Brown Is "Awake," "No Longer on Life Support" According to Bobby Brown and Tina Brown

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/bobbi-kristina-brown-awake-no-longer-life-support-084000970-us-weekly.html

Bobbi Kristina Brown Is "Awake," "No Longer on Life Support" According to Bobby Brown and Tina Brown

I don't believe it, he's a whacko. I do wish it were true and maybe I'm wrong, but coming from him, I don't buy it for a second.

I don't believe it, he's a whacko. I do wish it were true and maybe I'm wrong, but coming from him, I don't buy it for a second.

This is an old topic. Her eyes were reportedly open but she has never woke up. And I agree, he's crazy.

As of now she's in hospice and they're planning on finally letting her go.

Now all they have to do is fight over the money.

This is an old topic. Her eyes were reportedly open but she has never woke up. And I agree, he's crazy.

As of now she's in hospice and they're planning on finally letting her go.

Now all they have to do is fight over the money.

As I'm sure they will.

Actually from what I was reading earlier in the week, although Bobby got custody of taking care of her, her estate will go to the Hustons, mainly Cissy, the mother of Whitney. That's how Whitney had the will written should Bobbi Kristina die before receiving all of the estate, which she hasn't. So far I think the only payout has been $2M.

• Like 1

Such a sad situation, even though she lingered she was gone from the start

I feel the same way. She's already spiritually with her mother. Her spirit left in that bathtub. They went to great lenghts to try to revive her unsuccessfully only to put her on life support once at the hospital, only to see this drama played out for the world to see, while fighting over body custody and money. The Houstons wanted to let her go from the beginning.

So after all this, Bobby Brown still won't get the money.

• Like 2

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/01/oprah-winfrey-tyler-perry-bobbi-kristina-medevac-flight-save-life/

Oprah, IMO is done, finished, over...unless she gets the occasional role in a movie....AND, she did it to herself 6-7 years ago.

Tyler Perry is an okay kind of guy, I guess. Dont know a whole lot about him. He does do good things for people in need at times.

• 4 weeks later...