Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
fire911

OMG I just got a horrible phone call.

I just got a phone call from "Officer Miller" from the IRS.He said I had made a mistake on my taxes for the the years 2010-11 -12.He said I have been ignoring there letters the sent and they have filed a case against me.I will be arrested in the next 90 days.He said I can send them a check for 2000.00 today and get it all taken care of today and I wont have to go to jail.I could hardly understand a word he was saying,but this is what it sounded like.I told him I have not received any paperwork from the IRS about any of this and I would not pay anything without some sort of paperwork.He told me to wait for the police and then hung up on me.lol.Total scam wish I could find a number to report this.

• Like 4

you bum ... you should pay NOW.

you are effecting all of us ... can't believe you have internet and are posting and being such a bum!

j/k ... :lol:

call paulding sherriff and see if they will take the scam ... or call your phone provider.

good luck!

If you have the number that called you with this then you can report it to the Sheriff's office AND to the IRS.

• Like 2

If you have the number that called you with this then you can report it to the Sheriff's office AND to the IRS.

Maybe it's worth a try but most of them trick out the caller ID. They can even make it look like they are calling from the IRS.

• Like 1

LOL, I got a message several months ago about missing a court date and I needed to call them immediately. You know what I say to those wee wee heads? GET A JOB

Got the same call a couple of months ago and hung up on them. Big scam, and no the

caller id is not them. There have been several warnings about this, but there are still

people out there that are stupid enough to believe it.

I just got a phone call from "Officer Miller" from the IRS.He said I had made a mistake on my taxes for the the years 2010-11 -12.He said I have been ignoring there letters the sent and they have filed a case against me.I will be arrested in the next 90 days.He said I can send them a check for 2000.00 today and get it all taken care of today and I wont have to go to jail.I could hardly understand a word he was saying,but this is what it sounded like.I told him I have not received any paperwork from the IRS about any of this and I would not pay anything without some sort of paperwork.He told me to wait for the police and then hung up on me.lol.Total scam wish I could find a number to report this.

tell you what I'll do...you give me the money and I'l take care of it for you lol

Edited by OSU
  • Like 1

Got the same call a couple of months ago and hung up on them. Big scam, and no the

caller id is not them. There have been several warnings about this, but there are still

people out there that are stupid enough to believe it.

Isn't that sad?

I have a voice mail saying pretty much the same thing. It sounded like they had maybe third grade education and reading from a script. I love letting people listen to it

I had this happen a few months ago. Contact the IRS fraud division.

I got a similar phone call about 2 months ago. He gave his name and told me that if I didn't call back in 30 minutes he would take legal action against me. I called the IRS and they told me they had nothing outstanding against me or my husband and it was a scam. She gave me a website to report it. When the "IRS" guy left his message, he had a very thick foreign accent and the only thing you could really understand was his name, that he was from the IRS and that he would start legal action. The rest was very garbled and hard to understand. He even left a number to call back and when I did, just to see what it was, they answered "thank you for calling the IRS". The real IRS lady said it was all part of the scam they are running. Pissed me off.

The problem is - even though I knew we had no issues with the IRS and it was a scam, it still kind of scared me a little. Not sure why.

Edited by GGinGA

I got a similar phone call about 2 months ago. He gave his name and told me that if I didn't call back in 30 minutes he would take legal action against me. I called the IRS and they told me they had nothing outstanding against me or my husband and it was a scam. She gave me a website to report it. When the "IRS" guy left his message, he had a very thick foreign accent and the only thing you could really understand was his name, that he was from the IRS and that he would start legal action. The rest was very garbled and hard to understand. He even left a number to call back and when I did, just to see what it was, they answered "thank you for calling the IRS". The real IRS lady said it was all part of the scam they are running. Pissed me off.

The problem is - even though I knew we had no issues with the IRS and it was a scam, it still kind of scared me a little. Not sure why.

Sounds just like the same guy.You could only understand what he wanted you to understand.

• Like 1

we have not gotten this call yet, but we did get one that said our computer was messed up and they could fix it, over the phone, I googled it and it is a scam.

I think we should all help,,,do I make the check out to IRS...mailing my personal one tomorrow...can include yours in the envelope..

if you call most of these #'s it says this is not a working #..it was 5 minutes ago........disconnected non working #...somehow they can bypass

and get service on these #'s

Unless you are past due with any of your services, my impression is ANY phone call requiring you to send money is a scam. JMHO

• Like 1

The best place to report this scam is with the Federal Trade Commission - There's a lot of good info regarding scams, identity theft, etc. on the FTC website as well.

This scam has been talked about on the morning shows and the network news.

I do love those phone calls from those "Windows" folks who say that my computer is causing problems?

"Which computer? - I have two desktops and 4 laptops."
"Windows computer - but all of mine are Apple or are running Linux."
"You're with Microsoft? Me too! When were you hired - what's your employee ID number?"

• Like 2

we have not gotten this call yet, but we did get one that said our computer was messed up and they could fix it, over the phone, I googled it and it is a scam.

I've received that call before.

I asked the guy if he thought I had stupid written across my forehead.

There are several things you can do to block calls like this. One is:

http://www.nomorobo.com

This is a tool where you register numbers that you do not want to answer. They block them. Your phone provider has to support something called "simultaneous ring". I use this service for my landline.

Another thing to do is to buy phones that allow you to block numbers. Panasonic phones can store a list of up to 50 numbers (some models offer more I think). Anyway, this is another way to get rid of telemarketers, scammers, etc.

• Like 1

There are several things you can do to block calls like this. One is:

http://www.nomorobo.com

This is a tool where you register numbers that you do not want to answer. They block them. Your phone provider has to support something called "simultaneous ring". I use this service for my landline.

Another thing to do is to buy phones that allow you to block numbers. Panasonic phones can store a list of up to 50 numbers (some models offer more I think). Anyway, this is another way to get rid of telemarketers, scammers, etc.

My Ooma, has allowed me 51 blocked numbers, and I'm still blocking a number about once a month, ABR! Sometimes it's two or three months before another number gets through, and I have to block it. .

My Ooma, has allowed me 51 blocked numbers, and I'm still blocking a number about once a month, ABR! Sometimes it's two or three months before another number gets through, and I have to block it. .

Spammers and scammers are very creative.

Spammers and scammers are very creative.

Thanks, ABR!

They sure are, and the only thing we can do is be as creative as they are. It's so nice, now, to not be bothered except by the new ones. It will require a thousand, or more, different numbers to find one to reach me, if I don't want you to.

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

It never stops.lol.E-filed my taxes on March 5th.Been impatiently awaiting my return.NOT.Just found out someone else used my social security number to file their taxes.Now mine are in limbo until it gets straightened out.Took my accountant until April 15 to let me know about this.Time for a new accountant....

It never stops.lol.E-filed my taxes on March 5th.Been impatiently awaiting my return.NOT.Just found out someone else used my social security number to file their taxes.Now mine are in limbo until it gets straightened out.Took my accountant until April 15 to let me know about this.Time for a new accountant....

I e-filed mine in early FEBRUARY and I'm still waiting on my refund. That stupid ACA form that even a CPA couldn't figure out is the cause! Even my boss who isn't a drinker said he was going to get drunk the night of April 15 because that ACA form gave him so much stress and anxiety.

I e-filed mine in early FEBRUARY and I'm still waiting on my refund. That stupid ACA form that even a CPA couldn't figure out is the cause! Even my boss who isn't a drinker said he was going to get drunk the night of April 15 because that ACA form gave him so much stress and anxiety.

Once again, everything the government touches, it screws up.

Was this a call from the Atlanta IRS office?

Did not say which office.It was a 571 area code.

They don't have a local office with that area code.

That area code is in northern Virginia (suburbs of Washington, DC.) The US government in DC is known to have phone numbers with couple of area codes from Virginia and Maryland even they are not in these states.

I wouldn't be surprised if the local field offices in Atlanta have area codes from there.

AT&T/BellSouth does that all the times.

I think it has something to do with the PBX systems.

Edited by Brian

That area code is in northern Virginia (suburbs of Washington, DC.) The US government in DC is known to have phone numbers with couple of area codes from Virginia and Maryland even they are not in these states.

I wouldn't be surprised if the local field offices in Atlanta have area codes from there.

AT&T/BellSouth does that all the times.

I think it has something to do with the PBX systems.

Their offices in the DC area don't have that area code. At least none of their published office numbers.

We always tell clients to call the 1-800-829-1040. In fact, every phone at work has that number written on a piece of paper taped to the phone. We suggest clients not deal with the local office unless absolutely necessary. I've heard two complaints about the local office this year.

• Like 1