Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MissSophie

recommendations for fitbit or something similar

Ok, I have COPD but walking improves how you feel and it improves overall health. I won't be walking a marathon; I won't be walking 5 miles per day. But I would like to work up to 2 miles.

Any recommendations? Thank you

I have the FitBit Charge and love it. It measures number of steps, distance, calories burned and floors climbed.

• Like 1

You can get a pedometer at Target for about $10 and it will measure steps.

2000 steps is about 1 mile(ish).

You can buy higher priced pedometers which measure additional "items" if you want like length of time walking or potential calories burn.

Just FYI ....

• Like 1

FitBit Charge and I love it. There is a lot of community support on Facebook (Facebook groups) for users too. For ALL fitness levels, which is great.

Jawbone UP3.

I have an UP MOVE now and I can't wait to get my hands on an UP3.

UP3 starts shipping April 20th. Worth the wait!

FYI

The downside of the fitbit, which I have, and the similiar devices is they measure "movement" so your steps are usually more then what you actually did.

• Like 1

FYI

The downside of the fitbit, which I have, and the similiar devices is they measure "movement" so your steps are usually more then what you actually did.

True (to some degree - it's all about your arm movement, but you could put it around your ankle). Still, it motivates you to get moving. Now...if the pollen would just go away so I can actually go outside and walk!

Edited by SushiBoofay
  • Like 1

I have a fitbit, love it, and wear it most days. But, Chester is right - make sure that when you set it up - you tell it which arm you are putting it on. I didn't know this - didn't see it - my counts were way high because I had it on my dominant arm and I had it programmed to non-dominant arm. Unfortunately, it was WAY off.

Edited by Just thinkin' hard

My husband just got the Garmin vivofit 2 and really likes it. It has a watch battery so you don't have to charge it.