Broken tail light = Death penalty

Selling loose cigarettes= Death penalty

12 year old playing with a toy gun= Death penalty

Illegally camping in a State Park= Death penalty

Picking up an Air Gun in a Walmart= Death penalty

Running naked in a parking lot= Death penalty

Attacking Paulding swat team with a can of bug spray= Death penalty

Answering the door holding a game controler= Death penalty

At the risk of being called a "Cop Basher" is their any point where we have to stop and ask the question is the use of deadly force out of control in America ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUTTtN1NQA

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is a bad cop and he will pay for this. He is charged with capital Murder.

Hmmm... let's see. Cop does evil bad thing. Cop looses job. Cop charged with murder. Seems reasonable. So what is it you hope to get out of this topic. A whole bunch of folks defending him? I think t

I'm guessing because of social media we are now hearing about all this stuff more. Regular media, too, of course. In our household, we nearly revere LE and military types. However, the fact remains

What CC is saying is, the police should be unarmed. What he's not telling you is the number of times deadly force was used to save the lives of others to include police officers far outnumbers his perception.

I didn't see a judgement call, I just saw a question asked.

Some questions need to be asked and I would think that anyone who gives a sheeze about the reputation and integrity of law enforcement should be the first ones asking.

Excellent point. Where are they? Has this been going on for a long time but because of social media, we are just now hearing about it?

Excellent point. Where are they? Has this been going on for a long time but because of social media, we are just now hearing about it?

BTW, I have way too many officers in my family to cop bash. It's pretty crazy out there right now so it kinda makes you think

I'm guessing because of social media we are now hearing about all this stuff more. Regular media, too, of course. In our household, we nearly revere LE and military types. However, the fact remains that some folks become cops to enhance their already-sociopathic personalities. If that makes any sense. We've all seen them and I personally know three or four...bullies who should never have become cops, but now that they are, they're gonna make sure everybody knows who's boss.

• Like 4

I'm guessing because of social media we are now hearing about all this stuff more. Regular media, too, of course. In our household, we nearly revere LE and military types. However, the fact remains that some folks become cops to enhance their already-sociopathic personalities. If that makes any sense. We've all seen them and I personally know three or four...bullies who should never have become cops, but now that they are, they're gonna make sure everybody knows who's boss.

We have one of those types in our family and I do believe, if given the opportunity, would kill someone just for the heck of it, if they were giving him a little hassle, if he thought his badge would let him get away with it. I really think those types are attracted to LE and that is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 3

What CC is saying is, the police should be unarmed. What he's not telling you is the number of times deadly force was used to save the lives of others to include police officers far outnumbers his perception.

So I take it what your saying is the end justifies the means ?

btw, you really should stop putting words on other peoples mouths.

I'm not saying the end justifies the means at all. Justice does take its course and we need to allow it to work. However, you on the other hand seem to think every time a police officer shoots and kills somebody, it's always murder. When others have suggested it's best to wait until the investigation is concluded before making judgement; you make the comment the investigation is going to be rigged to protect the police officer.

Your posts and ramblings every time there is a shooting involving a police officer suggest to me and others that you would most likely prefer police officers be disarmed and at best just carry pepper spray and a taser.

Broken tail light = Death penalty

Selling loose cigarettes= Death penalty

12 year old playing with a toy gun= Death penalty

Illegally camping in a State Park= Death penalty

Picking up an Air Gun in a Walmart= Death penalty

Running naked in a parking lot= Death penalty

Attacking Paulding swat team with a can of bug spray= Death penalty

Answering the door holding a game controler= Death penalty

At the risk of being called a "Cop Basher" is their any point where we have to stop and ask the question is the use of deadly force out of control in America ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPUTTtN1NQA

These are but a few of the many examples the poor endure all the time. When there is a shooting, the first reaction is it is like one of these examples because that is the reality of the minorities and the poor. No wonder the overreaction is there. The fact that more of the white middle to wealthy class don't see it says more to their willful blindness than it does to the overreaction by the poor. That there is no ferocity in the outrage over this shooting is really a glimmer of the underlying systemic racism and bias against the poor.

• Like 2

Law enforcement officers need to show professionalism at all times and weed out the bad apples. When a police officer is courteous and conducts himself accordingly, I have a great deal of respect for them and would assist them if ever needed. However when a law enforcement officer abuses the authority they have been sworn to uphold to high standards, it fills me with disgust. The bad apples with a bad attitude that hide behind the badge and think that rules and discipline do not apply to them need to be discharged, fired, or better yet taught some manners and respect for their fellow citizens. It is all about how you present yourself when dealing with the public. On a positive note I believe that the majority of law enforcement officers try to do what is right and conduct themselves accordingly.

• Like 3

Law enforcement officers need to show professionalism at all times and weed out the bad apples. When a police officer is courteous and conducts himself accordingly, I have a great deal of respect for them and would assist them if ever needed. However when a law enforcement officer abuses the authority they have been sworn to uphold to high standards, it fills me with disgust. The bad apples with a bad attitude that hide behind the badge and think that rules and discipline do not apply to them need to be discharged, fired, or better yet taught some manners and respect for their fellow citizens. It is all about how you present yourself when dealing with the public. On a positive note I believe that the majority of law enforcement officers try to do what is right and conduct themselves accordingly.

I agree with you. In the same token though, there are bad educators who shouldn't be teaching; bad doctors who shouldn't be practicing medicine; bad politicians who shouldn't be in elected office; and the list goes on and on.

I agree with you. In the same token though, there are bad educators who shouldn't be teaching; bad doctors who shouldn't be practicing medicine; bad politicians who shouldn't be in elected office; and the list goes on and on.

Absolutely, and if we expect that to change, we should never turn a blind eye to it.

• Like 4

Absolutely, and if we expect that to change, we should never turn a blind eye to it.

Cameras are the most important tool we have for the eternal vigilance necessary to help us not have a blind eye, jenilyn!

I think a video says a lot more than a million words, now days. The fact that a picture used to be worth a thousand words is old stuff. Today cops don't know where the camera might be.

Never, and I do mean NEVER, leave your home without your camera. It will save your life, maybe! Cops have a blue wall of silence, and they NEVER go past that wall, unless you have a video.

E Z will lay some "always" on you, CC! He knows damn well you don't mean always, and that is like calling you a fool. Nobody "always" does anything.

E Z don't "always" back the cops, but he backs them a hellava lot more that they deserve. I used to have a few cop friends, but not any more. Even the good ones will back their fellow cops, under the blue code, while they know they were wring in the way they handled some critical situations.

Edited by The Postman

Hmmm... let's see. Cop does evil bad thing. Cop looses job. Cop charged with murder. Seems reasonable. So what is it you hope to get out of this topic. A whole bunch of folks defending him? I think there will be justice for the victims family. Most folks can see that even if you support law enforcement, this guy messed up and will pay for his mistake.

• Like 4

Hmmm... let's see. Cop does evil bad thing. Cop looses job. Cop charged with murder. Seems reasonable. So what is it you hope to get out of this topic. A whole bunch of folks defending him? I think there will be justice for the victims family. Most folks can see that even if you support law enforcement, this guy messed up and will pay for his mistake.

If it hadn't been for a citizen with a video camera, the cop would never have been caught.

Nobody should, ever, be without a camera pointed at the cops. No words, nor eye witnesses, can take the place of a video. The cop wins without that evidence.

It's like a nice gold mettle for the copper: https://youtu.be/ssdsftKZbcc

Edited by The Postman

Regardless, camera or no he would likely be in the same situation. I have no propblem with citizens filming, FROM A DISTANCE, Not getting right up in the immediate area. The citizens also need to let the cops do their job and not interfere nor jeopardise the officer's safety. I am a huge fan of body cameras. I can't wait for them to become mandatory and things will turn out just like when dash cams came out. For the most part the bad guys are be the losers here. I also can't wait for all the folks to start complaining about the invasion of their privacy every time a LEO comes into their home for a piddly lil call with their body cam on.

• Like 1

These are but a few of the many examples the poor endure all the time. When there is a shooting, the first reaction is it is like one of these examples because that is the reality of the minorities and the poor. No wonder the overreaction is there. The fact that more of the white middle to wealthy class don't see it says more to their willful blindness than it does to the overreaction by the poor. That there is no ferocity in the outrage over this shooting is really a glimmer of the underlying systemic racism and bias against the poor.

I absolutely see it. You wouldn't think so because I almost always take the officers side. Why?

Because I see the issue as one of LE being frightened and stressed.

Who causes this? It certainly is not the law abiding middle class.

90% of the time they are dealing with someone under the influence. It is more than apparent that they lack any type of normal judgment.

I always told my kids I would see them through anything but drug abuse, why? because the person I love has lost the ability to reason and will never again but anyone or anything before their drug of choice.

This is the tunnel vision law enforcement deals with.

Some of these people are drug free for the first time in years when sent to prison.

Believe me I understand that being poor is miserable. So stay at home and drink yourself into a stupor.

Regardless, camera or no he would likely be in the same situation. I have no propblem with citizens filming, FROM A DISTANCE, Not getting right up in the immediate area. The citizens also need to let the cops do their job and not interfere nor jeopardise the officer's safety. I am a huge fan of body cameras. I can't wait for them to become mandatory and things will turn out just like when dash cams came out. For the most part the bad guys are be the losers here. I also can't wait for all the folks to start complaining about the invasion of their privacy every time a LEO comes into their home for a piddly lil call with their body cam on.

I agree with you. Unfortunately, these cameras seem to be a necessary evil, but the cameras will protect the majority of cops who do their jobs.

• Like 3

Of course if all the people had just showed a modicum of respect toward the police they would still be alive and kicking today.

It's not the broken tail light or loose cigs or any other thing that caused peoples death. It was their disrespect towards law enforcement. None of the cases listed by the OP had to turn out the way they did. The suspect made a concious decision to not respect the police and the situation escalated out of control because of that decision.

A simple "yes sir" "no sir" can go a long way to keeping someone alive.

• Like 2

Of course if all the people had just showed a modicum of respect toward the police they would still be alive and kicking today.

It's not the broken tail light or loose cigs or any other thing that caused peoples death. It was their disrespect towards law enforcement. None of the cases listed by the OP had to turn out the way they did. The suspect made a concious decision to not respect the police and the situation escalated out of control because of that decision.

Who would have guessed in America being rude could be punishable by death.

• Like 3

Who would have guessed in America being rude could be punishable by death.

You folks are funny.

Funny how you people never seem to want to hold anyone accountable for their actions except the police.

This guy was not a model citizen just minding his own business. He was a criminal who made the decision to run from the police because he was not man enough to accept his punishment for his actions. He was responsible for putting the police in the position to kill him. Should he have been killed? Absolutly not the officer made a very poor decision and will have to live with that decision the rest of his life. No different then Scott made the decision that got him killed.

But go on defending the criminal.

No one is defending criminals. We are defending every American's right to due process. The right to a trial by jury (see the sixth amendment to the constitution). The right not to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment (see the eighth amendment).

Read our Constitution sometime you might be surprised to find there is more to it than just the 2nd amendment.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 4

You folks are funny.

Funny how you people never seem to want to hold anyone accountable for their actions except the police.

This guy was not a model citizen just minding his own business. He was a criminal who made the decision to run from the police because he was not man enough to accept his punishment for his actions. He was responsible for putting the police in the position to kill him. Should he have been killed? Absolutly not the officer made a very poor decision and will have to live with that decision the rest of his life. No different then Scott made the decision that got him killed.

I don't think that people are defending the criminal but at the same time being killed for a busted tail light isn't right either. Me? I would show the officer respect.

• Like 2

No one is defending criminals. We are defending every American's right to due process. The right to a trial by jury (see the sixth amendment to the constitution). The right not to be subjected to cruel and unusual punishment (see the eighth amendment).

Read our Constitution sometime you might be surprised to find there is more to it than just the 2nd amendment.

You considered none of this for the police officer in Ferguson, nor the police officer who shot the naked man in Decatur. Instead you immediately pronounced both officers of being guilty of murder. You didn't give a sheeze about the officers rights to due process.

You considered none of this for the police officer in Ferguson, nor the police officer who shot the naked man in Decatur. Instead you immediately pronounced both officers of being guilty of murder. You didn't give a cheeze about the officers rights to due process.

I may have my opinions ( 1st amendment ) but my opinion does not have peoples lives at stake now does it ?

You considered none of this for the police officer in Ferguson, nor the police officer who shot the naked man in Decatur. Instead you immediately pronounced both officers of being guilty of murder. You didn't give a cheeze about the officers rights to due process.

So you are saying LE is entitled to due process but suspects are only entitled to a decent burial?

• Like 2

I found this perspective interesting (to say the least):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hLPgSu27Y

Tommy spoke at the Fatherless Day Rally in DC last June. He has interesting perspectives on child support and family court as well. It seems some would disagree with him. When you petition to change laws and raise awareness of judicial misconduct, you are just not happy with the out come, you are just stirring trouble and complaining.

If the rules of court were followed instead of judges and lawyers feeding conflict for cash, more people would find the outcomes in family court to be equitable.

I may have my opinions ( 1st amendment ) but my opinion does not have peoples lives at stake now does it ?

Your opinion on those two cops being guilty before an investigation was even completed demonstrated you didn't care to consider their constitutional rights. You had already declared them guilty of murder.

I respect police, but I don't respect any person who abuses his/her authority.

Self defense does not go away just because an abuser has a badge. If you think a man, or woman, should be able to disrespect you, just because they have a badge, go ahead. But, not me.

Edited by The Postman