Paulding.com

Accident 278/Atlanta Hwy

Late Saturday afternoon, my husband and I were coming through Hiram and got stopped next to a rather disturbing scene. A Motorcycle was laid down, with Spray paint lines around it and the SUV that we assumed hit it, looked pretty awful as well. That intersection is nothing but TROUBLE! I really wish they would make a Left Turn Signalon that light for traffic turning onto 278.

I was just curious if anyone knows what happened? Did the Motorcyclist survive?

Just wondering..

Thanks!

That truly SUCKS.. I was praying for a miracle as I saw the pieces. I told hub that I receive da Nixle notice 2+ hours earlier to avoid the intersection and prayed it was not the SAME accident. We saw 3 people standing on the sidewalk near the car and I assumed it was literally a mis-perhaps but no :cray:

Hubby said he saw blood on the hood of the car..

RIP to the victim :angel:

The SUV was not hauled away until almost 5 hours after the accident...

PEOPLE!! Please quit texting, putting on your make-up, eating your cheeseburgers, or whatever else y'all do while driving that your shouldn't!

• Like 2

AND people just do not look for motorcycles or care. I've seen so many cars pull out in front of them or turn in front of them. I used to ride my own. I won't ride anymore just because of the careless idiots out there.

And when I'm behind one, I stay back from him. If he were to go down I don't want to make it worse by running over him.

People just don't think!!

We've had sooo many people to pull out in front of us and that's what really prompted me to go ahead and have the Cervical Fusion surgery!! IF, we were to have been hit, I very well could have been paralyzed from my neck down. All in an instant, I would have been forever changed. Which, a woman in an SUV pulled out in front of us on Powder Springs Rd, a few months ago and hubby slammed on the brakes missing the SUV by inches, it seemed. It probably was actually a couple of feet but, no doubt it scared me to death!!! People are in too big of a hurry these days. I just don't understand, why everyone has to be so careless, speeding, not turning on the headlights when it's rainy or real cloudy/foggy, following to close. Hubby has pulled off to the right side of the road, so the tailgaters could go around. When someone is so close on your rear bumper, that you can't see their headlights, it's time to let them go around you!!!

Prayers and Condolences to the Families of all involved.

• Like 1