Paulding.com

It don't matter who you are.

You can be conservative, a liberal, a Republican, a Democrat, a southerner, a northerner, a Baptist, a Catholic, any religion or an atheist, educated or not, male or female, rich or poor.

None of that matters when it comes to chasing that little white ball around a golf course.

It is as an equal opportunity event as it gets.

(sadly :( )

• Like 1

So Mrnn beat you?

I would hesitate to use the word beat in describing anyone's score.

We ended up one stroke apart, with some very liberal interpretation of the rules and scoring, for both of us.

Bottom line, fun was had by all and enough golf balls were lost to keep the golf ball manufacturers in business.

• Like 3

Stradial is too kind to say it, so I will.....yes, I lost by a stroke (with some really friendly rules). What's the old saying? Something about the tallest midget? Great time though and I think it'd be fun if any of our other PCom golfers want to get together to play a round.

ETA: Unless you're really good...in which case, your game will become destroyed watching us introduce you to more bad swing habits than you ever knew existed.

mrnn

Edited by mrnn
  • Like 4

Stradial is too kind to say it, so I will.....yes, I lost by a stroke (with some really friendly rules). What's the old saying? Something about the tallest midget? Great time though and I think it'd be fun if any of our other PCom golfers want to get together to play a round.

ETA: Unless you're really good...in which case, your game will become destroyed watching us introduce you to more bad swing habits than you ever knew existed.

mrnn

You mean that we aren't good?

Say it ain't so Joe.

I'm the reason they install nets on the sides of driving ranges.

There were definitely some shots where houses/yards got in our way. Also, there was a close call when Stradial's buddy decided to exit his cart at the wrong time and felt the breeze from my scalded 5-iron shot brush his ear.

I've actually broken a window before....I teed off and just shanked it, badly...exit, stage right....hit this home's window dead-on and shattered it. The owner came out and was explaining to me that the window had been broken a couple times before (uh, plexiglass? a screen?) and, being the good liberal I am, gave her my real name and phone number. That damn window cost me nearly $200...and a penalty stroke. Thank God I didn't do this with Stradial and his buddies...these guys are ruthless sheeze-talkers.

mrnn