Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

Warming Station for the Homeless in Paulding?

I was just wondering "IF" there is a warming station in Paulding for the homeless folks in the County?? Are they being fed anything?

I think there are a few homeless people that live in the strip of woods behind the Kroger on 278 because there is at least 1 tent back there.

That's stradail's summer place.

• Like 2

I think there are a few homeless people that live in the strip of woods behind the Kroger on 278 because there is at least 1 tent back there.

I've never noticed that.

That's stradail's summer place.

Great.

Now everyone will want to come visit and eat opossum.

Homeless, tough deal, most have emotional/mental issues, combined with drug/alcohol addictions. (self medicating)

• Like 2

My mother and I were discussing this the other night. Every church with a fellowship hall or rec room/building should open its doors during weather like this to those who need it (not just homeless...maybe poor living in poorly heated living quarters, etc.). Cots, etc., could be gotten from Red Cross or volunteers with sleeping bags. Wouldn't have to do much - have a couple of security guards on duty, serve toast and juice for breakfast and they could probably get area restaurants to donate lunch/dinner. THAT is what they should do.

• Like 6

I know that there used to be but, not seen any in a year or two. I was wondering because, I have a whole bunch of the Carl Buddig lunch meat that someone could use. I'd even throw in some bread, mayo and mustard. If you know of any such place, please pm me Immediately. We will be not be home after 2:00 tomorrow. I know I should have gotten an earlir start on this but, I'm always a day late and a dollar short!! lol

• Like 1

My mother and I were discussing this the other night. Every church with a fellowship hall or rec room/building should open its doors during weather like this to those who need it (not just homeless...maybe poor living in poorly heated living quarters, etc.). Cots, etc., could be gotten from Red Cross or volunteers with sleeping bags. Wouldn't have to do much - have a couple of security guards on duty, serve toast and juice for breakfast and they could probably get area restaurants to donate lunch/dinner. THAT is what they should do.

That's what they should do, they certainly have the money.

• Like 2

That would be great, "IF" someone would step up and actually do this. Maybe one in the North, South, East, West and one in the center of the County.

That's what they should do, they certainly have the money.

If a church has enough money for a food court, a water fountain, and intercoms in the bathroom, they have enough money to shelter the homeless.

Edited by jenilyn
  • Like 2

They may have money, but charity is what they need.

If a church has enough money for a food court, a water fountain, and intercoms in the bathroom, they have enough money to shelter the homeless.

WoW, what church is that?

Westridge, I only know because East Paulding ROTC as their awards ceremony there every year. Edited by jenilyn

Westridge. I only know because East Paulding ROTC has their awards ceremony there every year.

Somehow I figured it was Westridge.

• Like 1

When we went to SpunkyWomans Funeral and they offered refreshments. WHAT THE HECK???????????? These Mega Churches are NOT for me!! I'm an Old Fashioned Country Girl!!!

• Like 1

That would be great, "IF" someone would step up and actually do this. Maybe one in the North, South, East, West and one in the center of the County.

Yep. And a place like Paulding has so many churches that they could take turns and only do it once in awhile in rotation.

Oh, snap! Amen, sister.

I don't mind the mega churches or any church if they would open their doors with charity in their heart.

And amen to this as well. More power to 'em...I'm just tired of this "us four, no more" mentality (said as an evangelical Christian).

My brothers church in Canton does this for the homeless and the less fortunate. The last few days people without power have been coming in. It is a great ministry and they have helped a lot of people in their community. They also have the support of the city. It not about the money for them they just want people to know that they matter and are loved.

• Like 5

My brothers church in Canton does this for the homeless and the less fortunate. The last few days people without power have been coming in. It is a great ministry and they have helped a lot of people in their community. They also have the support of the city. It not about the money for them they just want people to know that they matter and are loved.

Oh, that is awesome. Please hug your brother for me. :wub:

If you ever wonder about the homeless in Paulding ,just visit the St Vincent DePaul Society on Memorial Drive...Over they years they have fed and given shelter to many homeless and almost homeless people...I remember quite a few years ago the Sheriffs' Department found a couple with a few youngsters in a car.. It was night time and bitter cold and no shelters were open anywhere...He knew of couple who was very active in the SVDP society and went to his house...This kind generous man gave the officer money from his own pocket so the family could have shelter...and it was a weekend...and went and got them some food....They had lost their home....So yes there are homeless in the county..They are just not seen like in a city....and many of them have too much pride to ask for help...We just do not see see them or we choose to ignore they exist.....

I do know for a fact there are some homeless in tents behind Home Depot in that area. Some even have jobs. Just other things keep them from being able to keep a over their heads. Please pray for them and all homeless and hungry.

• Like 1

Wouldn't that be nice.

But, Paulding doesn't have any homeless people.

::::sarcasm::::

ah low.....we do have homeless....its a shame our county don't offer more services for people. I guess a airport and court house are more important then service to our fellow man
  • Like 2

ah low.....we do have homeless....its a shame our county don't offer more services for people. I guess a airport and court house are more important then service to our fellow man

I guess you missed my :::sarcasm:::, we've had homeless folks for a long time. I was surprised to learn at least we have shelters for women and children that are in domestic abuse situations. I give my clothes and household items to the collection agency that gives the donations to these facilities.

I was poking at Paulding County Powers That Be with their head in the sand..........you know, we don't have homeless people and we don't have a drug problem.

• Like 3

I guess you missed my :::sarcasm:::, we've had homeless folks for a long time. I was surprised to learn at least we have shelters for women and children that are in domestic abuse situations. I give my clothes and household items to the collection agency that gives the donations to these facilities.

I was poking at Paulding County Powers That Be with their head in the sand..........you know, we don't have homeless people and we don't have a drug problem.

yes I did....sorry.....I take 40 lashes.....I do wish Paulding would offer more.. Have a great day!

yes I did....sorry.....I take 40 lashes.....I do wish Paulding would offer more.. Have a great day!

Can I give those 40 lashes? It might be fun :lol:

• Like 1

There are enough empty buildings in this county to set up a homeless shelter for weather like we have been having.

• Like 4

While I do agree with most of this, I do have one question.

How do y'all propose finding the homeless folks, convincing them to leave the woods (leaving their tents and most belongings behind) and transport them to the shelter, then getting them back to their spot when things clear up?

I don't think anyone should have to be convinced to leave their camps. Folks will do what they're comfortable with.

But I think a warming station should be open for anyone that wants to come in.

I don't think anyone should be forced.

While I do agree with most of this, I do have one question.

How do y'all propose finding the homeless folks, convincing them to leave the woods (leaving their tents and most belongings behind) and transport them to the shelter, then getting them back to their spot when things clear up?

we could at least offer it to them,and if they choose to return to the outside after the weather clears that would be up to them.just to bad we can't at least offer

Just wanted to say that Paulding County EMA does have places for Emergency Shelters. The Sheriff's Office and Fire Department know how to get these people help, if they want it. markdavd had a point, most of them don't want "help". If you know of someone that needs shelter, you can contact the Fire Department or 911 Dispatch and they can get them a warm place to stay.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say that Paulding County EMA does have places for Emergency Shelters. The Sheriff's Office and Fire Department know how to get these people help, if they want it. markdavd had a point, most of them don't want "help". If you know of someone that needs shelter, you can contact the Fire Department or 911 Dispatch and they can get them a warm place to stay.

Thank you so much for the info. :)