Paulding.com

DAVID AUSTIN AND CENSORSHIP OF COUNTY MEETINGS

I have just recently became aware through an acquaintance that the Board of Commissioners meeting that is videotaped by the county and presented for viewing on the Paulding County web site as well as Comcast channel 23 is indeed being censored prior to being offered to the public for review.

It appears that commission Chairman Austin has deliberately censored out certain portions of the county commission meetings that deal with citizens complaints on a variety of wide ranging items from the Commercialization of the airport, to the appointing of members to the airport authority, and the industrial building authority, as well as the general up keep of the parks and recreation areas.

Most recently the Commissioners meeting held on January 27, 2015 was heavily censored; here are the edited and unedited versions.

Unedited version

Edited version http://www.paulding.gov/MediaCenter.aspx

As a tax payer of this county I try to keep abreast of the things going on in the county that affect my well being and the well being of my family.

I am appalled at the idea that this commission Chairman has elected to portray on the Government web site, and the Comcast site a video of the commission meetings that in no way represents what was actually said and done during such meetings, And appeared to be edited to prevent the general public from becoming aware of what is really occurring within the county.

Some people like me, and my husband are unable to attend most of the commissioners meetings, and depended on the County government to provide an accurate video of the proceedings that occur during a commissioners meeting.

Since this video implies that this was the actual business conducted during the meeting, and tax dollars was spent to provide this video, you would think that important items would not be censored out of the production of this meeting

I sincerely hope that any future productions would not be censored. Commissioners, this is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and censorship is not a way of life here!!!!

• Like 5
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOT, in my opinion you are talking about one of the main root cause's of every issue we are dealing with... The lack of open, honest, transparent & ethical accountability. I include ethical becaus

I have just recently became aware through an acquaintance that the Board of Commissioners meeting that is videotaped by the county and presented for viewing on the Paulding County web site as well as

When it comes to our elected county officials (or anyone for that matter), I am reminded of something a friend of mine used to say. "If I like you, you can't do much wrong. If I don't like you, you c

Posted Images

DOT, in my opinion you are talking about one of the main root cause's of every issue we are dealing with... The lack of open, honest, transparent & ethical accountability. I include ethical because I believe every elected and appointed official has an ethical requirement to provide open, honest & transparent accountability of how they are representing each of us.

In my opinion we need to continue to demand all county & state leaders (including boards, authorities, elected officials, appointed officials, staff, department heads & employees) too provide open, honest, transparent and ethical accountability before such accountability is asked for. I wonder how many hundreds of hours are spent digging or questioning during open meetings, researching data for Freedom of Information request, and time spent in court depositions and court testamony where 10 minutes of open, honest, transparent and ethical discussion would have initially been time better spent?

The Facebook Page "Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion" is the source I use to view all unedited BOC, AA & IBA meetings.

• Like 6

I've been wondering since I first saw the video, who's the last woman that's shouting "shut-up"?

A Ringer for sure. But hey, it takes some nads to go on camera, spewing such niceities and BS about Blake, Tidmore, soon to leave the AA board, and David Austin no less. The preface insinuating how morally outstanding, religous, and tolerant they all are was an insult to the voters and citizens of Paulding county.

Could this be our very own Concerned Paulding Resident ?

She was the last speaker of the morning, her name is here, on the agenda, Susan Breen. If the video wasn't cut, you would hear the chairman announce the person's name. I do have a problem when he reads the names of the people wishing to speak on agenda items. He reads their addresses as well, that's not necessary and if some crazy fool doesn't like what they have to say, now they know where they live.

Yes, this is censorship, plain and simple.

Here's the agenda, the minutes will be available after they are approved http://www.paulding.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/742

She was the last speaker of the morning, her name is here, on the agenda, Susan Breen. If the video wasn't cut, you would hear the chairman announce the person's name. I do have a problem when he reads the names of the people wishing to speak on agenda items. He reads their addresses as well, that's not necessary and if some crazy fool doesn't like what they have to say, now they know where they live.

Yes, this is censorship, plain and simple.

Here's the agenda, the minutes will be available after they are approved http://www.paulding.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/742

I dont like him reading addresses either and I wil have to go back and view the BOC meeting again but I recollect that the address was not read all the time.

That makes a lot of sense...

For years, my father and another man managed their community's public access channel. They had a variety of community programs that aired. They established a broadcast schedule like any TV station or network does so people and groups would not only know what time what program would be on, but also to limit programs to 30 and 60 minute segments. All programs were placed into an automated system that would automatically play the programs in their designated time slot. I would imagine all communities do the same.

Don't they edit video from these meetings to meet time restraints on the public access channel? If they only have an hour slotted for time on public access for the meeting, then I can see why they edit out 30 minutes.

Ummm....No. Comcast has to air X hours of public service video, and is really rather desperate for content. If you recall, in the past we've actually had other locally produced and shot "Shows". Jeff Israel, RIP, did one for Jerry Shearin for years, that really was quite well done.

Of course Jerry is who started censoring the videos also. December 2005 and May 2006 were heavily edited, and poorly executed as well by Debra Wingers when she was contracted to do the video work. You can see King Jerry's lips moving with no sound coming out. Kind of cute.

They are edited because we have a paranoid pyschoid sitting in the commission chair. Same for the strip search on the way into the meetings. He has screwed over so many people he has to keep an eye out for behind himself.

How would you like your political speeches, committee meetings in the Senate and House, and maybe the opinions from SCOTUS all censored and edited as well......by the opposition of course.

NEVER should a public servant have the opportunity to edit his own stuff after the fact. Let the chips fall where they may.

• Like 3

Ummm....No. Comcast has to air X hours of public service video, and is really rather desperate for content. If you recall, in the past we've actually had other locally produced and shot "Shows". Jeff Israel, RIP, did one for Jerry Shearin for years, that really was quite well done.

Of course Jerry is who started censoring the videos also. December 2005 and May 2006 were heavily edited, and poorly executed as well by Debra Wingers when she was contracted to do the video work. You can see King Jerry's lips moving with no sound coming out. Kind of cute.

They are edited because we have a paranoid pyschoid sitting in the commission chair. Same for the strip search on the way into the meetings. He has screwed over so many people he has to keep an eye out for behind himself.

How would you like your political speeches, committee meetings in the Senate and House, and maybe the opinions from SCOTUS all censored and edited as well......by the opposition of course.

NEVER should a public servant have the opportunity to edit his own stuff after the fact. Let the chips fall where they may.

Instead of assuming something, why don't you contact whoever it is at Comcast that handles the public access channel and find out if they limit each program to a specified amount of time for scheduling purposes?

Don't they edit video from these meetings to meet time restraints on the public access channel? If they only have an hour slotted for time on public access for the meeting, then I can see why they edit out 30 minutes.

Also, through an acquaintance of mine, who works for Comcast....

Channel 23's whole programming lineup is run by the county, not Comcast.

Everything you see from Channel 23 is being broadcast from the administration building.

Comcast is only providing the means to actually bringing it to your home.

The schedule and content is from the county.

Edited by NITR0

You love a woman who does this....?attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-09-27 at 8.36.25 AM.png

Pay attention to the last edit. The one on the bottom of the page. Also, note the date.

I don't agree with her, but I like her stamina.

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever.

Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again.

Then hit it a third time ~ a tremendous whack."

Winston Churchill

Also, through an acquaintance of mine, who works for Comcast....

Channel 23's whole programming lineup is run by the county, not Comcast.

Everything you see from Channel 23 is being broadcast from the administration building.

Comcast is only providing the means to actually bringing it to your home.

The schedule and content is from the county.

As it is where my dad and his friend took care of the public access channel in his community.

Instead of assuming something, why don't you contact whoever it is at Comcast that handles the public access channel and find out if they limit each program to a specified amount of time for scheduling purposes?

Because I already knew the answer to that question. The county controls 100% what is broadcast.

When Debra Winger was doing the video taping in 2005-2006, we specifically asked about the editing on the 4th Tuesday meeting, May 2006....and she told us Beverly Cochran told her what to take out, and to make certain THE MASTERS WERE DESTROYED!!!!! On open records requests the BoC was unable to produce any of the MASTERS. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!??????

We were on the agenda. Mickey Womble from Contour Development was not on the agenda. But he was invited out of the audience to provide him an opportunity to rebutt us, but all of the dancing prior to his comments at the micraphone were edited out. As was part of Ben Skipper's comments.

It is a sham, but allowed to happen because the voters foolishly keep electing the lying bastards.

Because I already knew the answer to that question. The county controls 100% what is broadcast.

When Debra Winger was doing the video taping in 2005-2006, we specifically asked about the editing on the 4th Tuesday meeting, May 2006....and she told us Beverly Cochran told her what to take out, and to make certain THE MASTERS WERE DESTROYED!!!!! On open records requests the BoC was unable to produce any of the MASTERS. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!??????

We were on the agenda. Mickey Womble from Contour Development was not on the agenda. But he was invited out of the audience to provide him an opportunity to rebutt us, but all of the dancing prior to his comments at the micraphone were edited out. As was part of Ben Skipper's comments.

It is a sham, but allowed to happen because the voters foolishly keep electing the lying bastards.

That was 9 years ago. Why don't you call to see if they are following the same practice?

Corruption really does run deep in this county and it has for a long time.

It runs so deep in Georgia, low, that it's common practice to relie on tyhe wall of silence from the custodians to the Governor, himself.

Florida doesn't have as many corrupt official as Georgia does, but the State of Florida isn't putting up with a lot of theirs.

It runs so deep in Georgia, low, that it's common practice to relie on tyhe wall of silence from the custodians to the Governor, himself.

Florida doesn't have as many corrupt official as Georgia does, but the State of Florida isn't putting up with a lot of theirs.

Have you ever thought that the reason Florida has so many more politicians convicted for wrong doing is because they have a lot more corruption?

I don't agree with her, but I like her stamina.

"If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever.

Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again.

Then hit it a third time ~ a tremendous whack."

Winston Churchill

Some people have very thick sculls. I think the mindset of this woman speaks screams for itself. No need to whack someone who is already whacky.

• Like 1

Have you ever thought that the reason Florida has so many more politicians convicted for wrong doing is because they have a lot more corruption?

Yeah I thought about that but there ain't that much difference in a state line crossing.

Besides, I didn't hear any details until I talked to you, E Z!

marsh-1-350x1030-sub.jpg

Some people have very thick sculls. I think the mindset of this woman speaks screams for itself. No need to whack someone who is already whacky.

You've got that right, cr!

I'm going to have to relinquish my statement about that woman. I'm going for you, now! :give_rose:

That was 9 years ago. Why don't you call to see if they are following the same practice?

Actually El Zorro the videos to these meetings are archived and can be brought up weeks and months later for review. On the Paulding County Government web site along with many more videos that are posted their unedited

The problem I have with the videos is the fact that a lot of citizens rely on these in order to learn about what is going on within the County and in fact there are no time restraints on the length of the videos since the videos are available here http://www.paulding.gov/MediaCenter.aspx?VID=BOC-12715-Work-Session-468#player on the government web site and it implies that this is a video of the meeting, which it certainty is not. Here is the video that the county has implied was the January 27, 2015 work session.

It is quite obvious that all of the citizens comments have been edited out and in no way represents many items of discussion at this meeting.

If the County is not going to post the videos in their entirety them they need to run a disclaimer at the beginning and the end of the videos stating that certain portions of the video has been censored and does not represent n its entirety what was said during the meetings.

Bottom line ALL of the commissioners need to be open, honest and transparent with the people that elected them., The past administration was the most secret one I have ever known.

• Like 1

According to the county attorney, they can't remove members of the various county boards. I'm sure she'll say the same about the board of commissioners too. They can pretty much do whatever they want - no one is going to stop them until the next election.

But if enough people would get foia's someone should be able to find something to get him out or in!

The county attorney, CYHMN, let the P.D.O.T. pave and maintain a private drive for 20 years, next to my house. I had to get a Declaratory Judgment from Judge Beavers, before the P.D.O.T. was not breaking the law by paving and maintaining the street. It was only after the Declaratory Judgment that Lana Skipper told the P.D.O.T, that it was now legal to pave and maintain it the street as a public street. That cost me a lot of thousands of dollars, just to get the BOC to do the right thing, and not be violating the GD law.

She don't care!

Edited by The Postman

I remember people saying that David Austin was going to bring integrity back to the office after Jerry Shearin had tainted it so bad...

David and his Brother Boykin has completely let the power they have go to their heads They are on too many authorities that tend to corrupt good honest people. No two Brothers should ever have this much authority in a county.

Thankfully next November Boykin will have to face the voters and brother David will have to face them the following year.

David and his Brother Boykin has completely let the power they have go to their heads They are on too many authorities that tend to corrupt good honest people. No two Brothers should ever have this much authority in a county.

Thankfully next November Boykin will have to face the voters and brother David will have to face them the following year.

While quite a few citizens are hot to get rid of the Brothers Grimm, how many have given any thought as to who should replace them??

I recall someone thinking Tony Crowe was setting up a run for the chairmanship,,, while at the the same time I can visualize Jerry Shearin's campaign motto...

"How do you like me now!!!"

Tony Crowe don't have enough sense to be chairman. I am not sure he can be post. He proved this to me the last time he run. Sorry

but truth is the truth.

See, I don't know how to type, so I am not smart enough to be one either. Only thing different, I am smart enough not to try.

Tony Crowe don't have enough sense to be chairman. I am not sure he can be post. He proved this to me the last time he run. Sorry

but truth is the truth.

See, I don't know how to type, so I am not smart enough to be one either. Only thing different, I am smart enough not to try.

I think he will do very well as a post Commission member. He is a good man.

While quite a few citizens are hot to get rid of the Brothers Grimm, how many have given any thought as to who should replace them??

I recall someone thinking Tony Crowe was setting up a run for the chairmanship,,, while at the the same time I can visualize Jerry Shearin's campaign motto...

"How do you like me now!!!"

I have no doubt that at least a couple of good people will stand up when the time comes.

• Like 2

but truth is the truth.

Tony was pretty sharp last meeting when he got the bonding attorney to admit to pro bono legal service for the intergovernmental agreement, And I still say that this is borderline unethical ?

• Like 2

I think he will do very well as a post Commission member. He is a good man.

I have no doubt that at least a couple of good people will stand up when the time comes.

No offense NJ, but this is what I was thinking we should avoid. That was what happened when we wanted to get rid of King Jerry, and wound up with Prince David. I was sort of hinting for is that "Whitey" might head up a citizens committee to search for and/or recruit a trustworthy candidate for the job. If "Whitey" and the committee can not find someone, at least they could properly vet(sp) the candidates that choose to run. Just sayin!!!

BRAIN FART,,,,, Maybe "Whitey" should run!!!!!!!

:pardon: :) :D :p

• Like 1