Paulding.com

East Ridge Police Sgt.'s good deed caught on camera

Thought I'd make a post on here, not wanting to hijack.

The thing is we know that cops are not all evil, many do good, but the problem is the bad ones are protected by the good ones and in that sense they make themselves just as culpable. Ignoring problems will not make it disappear. Accepting an inherent truth is the first step to figuring or how to handle it.

Thought I'd make a post on here, not wanting to hijack.

The thing is we know that cops are not all evil, many do good, but the problem is the bad ones are protected by the good ones and in that sense they make themselves just as culpable. Ignoring problems will not make it disappear. Accepting an inherent truth is the first step to figuring or how to handle it.

You sure make every attempt you can to paint a broad picture saying otherwise. One of these days I hope you need a cop real bad and they don't show up.

You sure make every attempt you can to paint a broad picture saying otherwise. One of these days I hope you need a cop real bad and they don't show up.

Too late EZ,

Hope that one day you need a cop real bad and one DOES show up.

Besides, cop wear badges and I don't need no stinkin badges.

Too late EZ,

Hope that one day you need a cop real bad and one DOES show up.

Besides, cop wear badges and I don't need no stinkin badges.

Cops wear badges as identification that they are law enforcement officers. It's a security measure. Granted that with today's technology, a badge isn't as good an ID as it was decades ago. But still a good policy.

I doubt that anyone here will argue that there aren't bad cops. I have ran into a few myself, and they weren't pleasant experiences. But I've also ran into bad waitresses, bad auto mechanics, bad roofers, bad air conditioner guys, bad window guys, bad forum mods, etc. That doesn't mean I condemn entire groups though.

Frankly, and I mean this constructively; you come across as being somewhat bitter with a definite attitude toward cops. I do understand how your past could make you feel that way; but you should understand why most of us would not.

• Like 3