Paulding.com

Grogan's Store

Aldi backed out. They said that there was not enough traffic at that intersection. A Dollar Tree and Advanced Auto are now slated to go there. Yes, there is an Advanced Auto Parts on the opposite corner and Eagle Dollar on the other corner in the Kroger shopping center. Source: http://northpauldingcounty.blogspot.com/

I have a friend who had a vision of the old store becoming a coffee shop. She wanted to preserve the history and character. However her passion and excitement could not be expressed well enough in her business plan to attract a partner or banker's participation.

Maybe if she had been a good enough salesperson she might have been able to get the county to have supported her in a PPP (Public Private Partnership).

• Like 1

They actually took the sign down board by board, and they looked to be doing it carefully. I did see plastic hanging in the doorway when I left work around 2:30 and was wondering about the doors, myself. I was hoping the store could be saved and restored to something useful again. I had a customer years ago who wanted to buy it and make a biscuit house out of it, something similar to Stilesboro Biscuit, but they wouldn't sell it or lease it to him. It's so sad to think of the building just being torn down. I have many fond memories of that place.

• Like 1

This sickens me. I spent many hours in Grogan's talking to Jack and Glennis.

Grogan's was the hub of our tiny community.

I feel the same way. I thought it would a good place to restore & sell old fashion candies, etc.

• Like 1

I feel the same way. I thought it would a good place to restore & sell old fashion candies, etc.

County heritage means NOTHING to county leaders. It's a damn shame. That store built Crossroads. I know I'll never shop at any store that replaces Grogans. Some people will do anything for a buck.

They're taking it apart very carefully, from what I've seen, the store that is. I'm thinking they're going to try to restore it somewhere, or at least a part of it. They have to remove it because that intersection is way too congested and the side the store is on needs a turning lane. I love Dollar Tree.

:runningaway: