Paulding.com

Can somebody explain why the building in the county was stopped

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What ever the problem is, it had to do with the old commission regime. Has nothing to do with the new guys. The stop work order is because too much has not had oversight for way too long. The count

All permits, licenses, etc need to come to a HALT until the airpot debacle is stopped....a few developers might then take King David golfing and get his mind right. ....Until the airport is stopped...

Maybe some of those developers didn't file papers right , or didn't get inspections. Who knows we'll find out. Don't you want to know if the developers are going by the law in this county? There's bee

Maybe some of those developers didn't file papers right , or didn't get inspections. Who knows we'll find out. Don't you want to know if the developers are going by the law in this county? There's been so much corruption done between the developers and the BOC. Those days are gone.

• Like 4

What ever the problem is, it had to do with the old commission regime. Has nothing to do with the new guys. The stop work order is because too much has not had oversight for way too long. The county administrators weren't doing their jobs............they overlooked what the GOBs were doing.

I love how people want to blame the guys who haven't even had a chance to have a meeting yet.

This has to do with the Commissioners focus being on the airport and the H*ll with all other goings on in the county. Including the Sheriff's training facility being put on the back burner for the enitre year (maybe longer)!

Wake up people, Tony and Vernon have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what happened in 2014. They weren't even officially commissioners until January 2, 2015!

Get your facts straight before you start laying blame where it doesn't belong. Put the blame where it belongs........

Quit repeating stupid stuff you don't know anything about!!

Edited by tundra
  • Like 10

All permits, licenses, etc need to come to a HALT until the airpot debacle is stopped....a few developers might then take King David golfing and get his mind right. ....Until the airport is stopped...no other business should progress....no more building permits, liquor licenses, no more anything until David comes to his senses. Ifthat takes a full 4 years till he's booted out of office, then so be it.

• Like 8

All permits, licenses, etc need to come to a HALT until the airpot debacle is stopped....a few developers might then take King David golfing and get his mind right. ....Until the airport is stopped...no other business should progress....no more building permits, liquor licenses, no more anything until David comes to his senses. Ifthat takes a full 4 years till he's booted out of office, then so be it.

Fortunately he only has 2 more years.

Just read on face book that all building in the county was stopped by the state. I guess you airport

people can explain this, as it says Pownall and his buddies caused it. That is really progress, isn't it?????

can you link to that face book page ?

What ever the problem is, it had to do with the old commission regime. Has nothing to do with the new guys. The stop work order is because too much has not had oversight for way too long. The county administrators weren't doing their jobs............they overlooked what the GOBs were doing.

I love how people want to blame the guys who haven't even had a chance to have a meeting yet.

This has to do with the Commissioners focus being on the airport and the H*ll with all other goings on in the county. Including the Sheriff's training facility being put on the back burner for the enitre year (maybe longer)!

Wake up people, Tony and Vernon have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with what happened in 2014. They weren't even officially commissioners until January 2, 2015!

Get your facts straight before you start laying blame where it doesn't belong. Put the blame where it belongs........

I just asked a question, I don' like any of them.

THAT IS 2 YEARS TO MANY.

Maybe some of that time will be spent in a jail cell with his buddies. At the very least Austin needs to step down.

Just read on face book that all building in the county was stopped by the state. I guess you airport

people can explain this, as it says Pownall and his buddies caused it. That is really progress, isn't it?????

You asked a question after pointing the finger at our group. This is news to us too.

• Like 3

Here's what I found on Facebook "PAULDING COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS GETTING SUED FOR THE STOP WORK ORDERS THAT WERE ISSUED THIS WEEK ON RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SITES

IN PAULDING COUNTY....IM NOT AN ATTORNEY, BUT I THINK THE COUNTY HAS

BROKEN STATE LAWS??

ITS A LONG, LONG, STORY....

THE REASON FOR

MY CONCERN IS THAT SUBCONTRACTORS AND CONSTRUCTION WORKERS MAY NOT BE

ABLE TO PURCHASE FOOD AND CLOTHING FOR THEIR FAMILIES.

NOT TO MENTION , THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PAY FOR THEIR CHILDREN'S CHRISTMAS.

IF YOU ARE A CONCERNED CITIZEN OR CURIOUS ABOUT THIS POST? CALL YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONER.....

IT APPEARS TO ME THE DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT SAT ON IT'S BUTT ALL OF LAST YEAR??

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE STATE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION ANNOUNCES AN AUDIT....

INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE COUNTY THINK THEY CAN PACK A YEARS WORTH OF WORK IN A WEEK?"

I'm assuming the stop work order(s) were issued by the county before Christmas? If they were for trivial violations that's one thing. If they were for law & or code violations, that's another thing.

I am looking forward to the entire story coming to the surface.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 4

As a member of the hard working group that is trying to prevent the destruction of our County through the secret meetings of the Paulding County Airport Authority, The , unethical, and possible illegal actions taken by Chairman of the County Commission David Austin along with his brother Boykin Austin, I am appalled that such a post has remained open attempting to defame Commissioners who have not even had the opportunity to perform their duties in a commissioners meeting.

If anyone is to blame for any disruption in the building and construction process it has to fall on the shoulders of David Austin.

Weeks ago the director of Community Development resigned his position with the County, in fact there have been a total of three resignations that affect the Community Development , of our County in the past couple of months. Which include the director of the Water Department as well as the Director of Economic Development.

Do know that these three key positions that are vacant, and we are in dire need for their services and input as well as overseeing ongoing projects has REMAINED UNFILLED for months. With, no one on the staff to do the duties as required by STATE LAW.

As of today the Sheriff’s training center construction is being held up because David Austin has not replaced the Community Development Director who resigned last year, And has not been replaced, and he was in charge of overseeing the construction of the facility.

Do know that David Austin had the sole authority to hire someone to do this work, yet has failed up to this date to do so.

David and Boykin Austin are on way too many boards and committees to effectively do their jobs with the County and City in which they are getting paid to do and should resign.

Greatma

• Like 2

Here's what I found on Facebook "PAULDING COUNTY GOVERNMENT IS GETTING SUED FOR THE STOP WORK ORDERS THAT WERE ISSUED THIS WEEK ON RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION SITES

BROKEN STATE LAWS??

THE REASON FOR

IF YOU ARE A CONCERNED CITIZEN OR CURIOUS ABOUT THIS POST? CALL YOUR COUNTY COMMISSIONER.....

ALL OF A SUDDEN THE STATE ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION DIVISION ANNOUNCES AN AUDIT....

INDIVIDUALS WITHIN THE COUNTY THINK THEY CAN PACK A YEARS WORTH OF WORK IN A WEEK?"

I'm assuming the stop work order(s) were issued by the county before Christmas? If they were for trivial violations that's one thing. If they were for law & or code violations, that's another thing.

This comes from someone I know. Once a builder now a lumber salesman for development and life long friends with with all the cronies. He says hes worried about the builders families suffering because of the stop order. I guess he was never aware of the damages and suffering the developers and Austin have done to Paulding County families. What developers is he worried about? Do they live in this County?

• Like 4

Hey GREATMA where on face book does it state that Pownall and his buddies caused this????

• Like 1

This comes from someone I know. Once a builder now a lumber salesman for development and life long friends with with all the cronies. He says hes worried about the builders families suffering because of the stop order. I guess he was never aware of the damages and suffering the developers and Austin have done to Paulding County families. What developers are he worried about? Do they live in this County?

We haven't even gotten a taste of open, honest, ethical, transparent and accountable local government yet, and it sounds like some are already crying they want us to return to selective government representation. It wasn't that long ago we had government leaders secretly flying around the country with Brett Smith while laying the ground work for his selective local government representation.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 2

BROKEN STATE LAWS??

THE REASON FOR

Me too. I won't judge any of them without more info but right now it looks as though the County had no choice in this matter. There was an inspection and apparently there were violations.

This comes from someone I know. Once a builder now a lumber salesman for development and life long friends with with all the cronies. He says hes worried about the builders families suffering because of the stop order. I guess he was never aware of the damages and suffering the developers and Austin have done to Paulding County families. What developers are he worried about? Do they live in this County?

And when i read it, i wonder why he can't work outside of paulding county. If the families are "suffering" then he can drive to atlanta for work just like half of the county does. --- that is, unless no one else will hire him due to reputation, or bad workmanship, etc

• Like 2

The good old boys were good old boys, and now the good old boys are still good old boys.

You can't change the good old boys. Nevertheless, you can replace them, but you will still have good old boys!

"It's not the paying of taxes that count, but it is how much you pay the good old boys!" ~ The Postman

So I was instructed to call my commissioner, my commissioner knew nothing about this. Someone dropped the ball, not letting them know. They are part time and don't even have an office in the government complex. They need to be informed so they can do the job they were elected to do. Why wouldn't every post commissioner know about this when it happened?

• Like 3

Wild speculation does no one any good and frequently leads to more problems. Why not wait and find out the facts of the issue and then respond as your ethics and values dictate.

Now, I understand that many in Paulding County (particulary leadership) are not comfortable with facts or the truth. Most likely because they are so unfamiliar with them. But we shoud endeavor to be principled, educated citizens of our county and work with only facts and verified, honestly sourced information. Leave the lies and speculation to the dishonest and ignorant.

Only then can we properly respond and address issues.

Edited by prothall
  • Like 2

^^^ Well reasoned post. No one is sure who did what (or didn't do) or *when* yet.

All I can know is that multiple County department heads have resigned over the past six months. That doesn't seem to be a very positive sign to me...

It is premature to point fingers at the 'new guys' when they haven't even had their first meeting yet!

The good old boys were good old boys, and now the good old boys are still good old boys.

You can't change the good old boys. Nevertheless, you can replace them, but you will still have good old boys!

"It's not the paying of taxes that count, but it is how much you pay the good old boys!" ~ The Postman

Just because there will be fresh blood on the BOC, that doesn't mean the scrutiny of the public ends. It only intensifies the public demand for transparency and honesty.

• Like 3

Just because there will be fresh blood on the BOC, that doesn't mean the scrutiny of the public ends. It only intensifies the public demand for transparency and honesty.

Yep!!!

^^^ Well reasoned post. No one is sure who did what (or didn't do) or *when* yet.

All I can know is that multiple County department heads have resigned over the past six months. That doesn't seem to be a very positive sign to me...

It is premature to point fingers at the 'new guys' when they haven't even had their first meeting yet!

The new guys knew nothing about this. They do now.

• Like 1

I assume that you all will let us know what is going on, since there is not supposed to be any more secrets.

Thanks

We share the same hopes and desires. But I wonder how easy or hard it will be for the new BOC to pry over a decade of secret dealings out from their hiding places? And I fully expect to see and hear more open, honest, transparent & ethical discussions during BOC meetings, but I'm not foolish enough to expect everything to be addressed during 1 meeting. I do expect within about 6 months we will realize we made good choices at the ballot box.

• Like 2

Who issued the stop work order....the state or David Austin?

We were told David Austin did the stop work order.

My understanding is that when there are violations found in an inspection that it is automatic. It has to be done by law.

I'm still clueless here - is this just a stop work order for one project, or a blanket stop work order for all construction in the county? I've never heard of the second, btw. But if the person supervising/inspecting the construction sees something dreadfully amiss with construction, he/she can issue the stop work order at any point until whatever is wrong has been remedied.

So, since I am not on FB, can someone enlighten me to exactly what happened?

I'm still clueless here - is this just a stop work order for one project, or a blanket stop work order for all construction in the county? I've never heard of the second, btw. But if the person supervising/inspecting the construction sees something dreadfully amiss with construction, he/she can issue the stop work order at any point until whatever is wrong has been remedied.

So, since I am not on FB, can someone enlighten me to exactly what happened?

Follow the money, mei lan, and it will be perfectly clear.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me why they are or planning to build a new water dept building on MacLand Rd.

Why can't they stay in the courthouse, since it has empty space. Or do we have money to spend,

when we want something, not really need it. I can't understand these politicians, just spend. spend.

Will someone who knows explain this to me. Thanks

You know dang well, the BOC have their hand in EVERYTHING, whether they are old/new members.

• Like 1

You might want to follow it all the way to the EPA!

I don't care who it is, you will find a lot of money if you keep following it. And, won't any of it be yours.

Can someone tell me why they are or planning to build a new water dept building on MacLand Rd.

Why can't they stay in the courthouse, since it has empty space. Or do we have money to spend,

when we want something, not really need it. I can't understand these politicians, just spend. spend.

They only spend your money if it does something for them. Figure out what they are getting out of it, and that will answer your question about them.

You know dang well, the BOC have their hand in EVERYTHING, whether they are old/new members.

They've got their hands deep in your pocket, but you still feel lucky, Lucky! :pardon:

How do you do that?

It seems, to me, you'd be better off giving that money to people you care about.

Edited by The Postman

I can assure you the new commissioners or the Post 2 commissioner knew nothing about this "Stop Work Order" issued by the county.......and yes, I'm a little upset they didn't. It is their job to know what's going on in the county. They can't trust anyone to be straight up with them, they have a responsibility to KNOW about this and get the information from the department heads.

They were elected to represent the people, how can they do that effectively if they don't make sure they know what's going on?? I don't know if the Post 1 commissioner was privy to this information, either. I have not spoken to him.

• Like 1

The water department is not in the courthouse; it is on Bill Carruth Pkwy.

It had moved there from its former HQ on Macland Rd.

As far as plans for a new facility ... my only knowledge are the comments here.

pubby

The water department is not in the courthouse; it is on Bill Carruth Pkwy.

It had moved there from its former HQ on Macland Rd.

As far as plans for a new facility ... my only knowledge are the comments here.

pubby

Pubby the water dept is at the courthouse. They are no longer on Bill Carruth Parkway. They have temporary offices at the courthouse until their building is done on Macland Road. The building where the water dept was is being remodled for the State Patrol

ETA: Directly from the Paulding.gov website, http://www.paulding.gov/index.aspx?NID=225

Edited by tundra