Paulding.com

Bodies found in house on Ridge Rd.

HIRAM, Ga. -Investigators are at a home in Paulding County where multiple bodies were found Tuesday.

A spokesperson for the Paulding County Sheriff's Office tells FOX 5 News that an unknown number of bodies were found inside the house in the 7400 block of Ridge Road.

Authorities have not yet released the manner of those deaths or any identities.

This story is breaking. Check back here at myfoxatlanta.comfor updates as they become available. If you have any additional information, picture or video emailnewstipsatlanta@foxtv.com

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/27774258/authorities-multiple-bodies-found-inside-hiram-home

Where did you hear that?

The news alert says 7400 block of Ridge, that would be down between Denton Rd and Austin Middle School...

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/sheriffs-office-multiple-bodies-found-in-paulding-/njhFn/

AJC has a photo of location

I saw that article on the AJC and then I read something different on FB that would put it down near the Flour Child Bakery and Shenandoah subdivision. The Atlanta news outlets are giving conflicting information. One said it was in Hiram and another said it was in Douglasville also.

It is across from Shenandoah sub. which is close to the douglasville line I also read were it could have been carbon monoxide also, maybe the news will have correct information. a lot of conflicting information right now,

I saw that article on the AJC and then I read something different on FB that would put it down near the Flour Child Bakery and Shenandoah subdivision. The Atlanta news outlets are giving conflicting information. One said it was in Hiram and another said it was in Douglasville also.

Across from Shenandoah subdivision

Then we are neighbors. I live in Shenandoah

Howdy, neighbor. Sad way to meet. :(

Mine is the home with the loooong driveway on the same side of the road as this house. There are two houses between me and this house. I was working from home today, and went out around 2:15 to get something to eat. There were police cars lining both sides of the road with their lights on, and crime scene tape was up. There were officers ALL OVER the yard. I had no idea what was up, but then I heard it on the radio about "multiple bodies" found. Way too close to home for me...I went through something similar at our former home in Powder Springs several years ago.

We don't know the family that lived there, but they have a shooting range out behind their house, and we always understood that local officers shot out there. They are close enough that we always know when someone is out there shooting.

Edited by TabbyCat
  • Like 1

I believe all the news stations are covering this story, rumors are son shot dad,mom,sister and then him self, some are saying carbon monoxide poison, and some are saying someone shot them out side of the family. a welfare check was done when no one in the family had been heard from for a couple of days. so really a lot being said, prayers for the family and the officers who worked with this officer.

I also have heard they have a family member in custody, and also a murder/sucide

They've called a 5 p.m. news conference at the site according to an email received from the SO.

The news conference will be at the scene.

pubby

PS: I merged the "what's happening on Ridge Road topic with this one with the title "Bodies found on Ridge Road."

News talk wsb (95.5) just said that a sheriffs detective was suppose to be in court today but didn't show. Which is why they sent the sheriffs deputy to the house. Sheriffs dept said they are not looking for the shooter. Which means the person who did is dead in the house as well.

I just came past there; if you are on Ridge, heading toward 92, it is about 1 mile past the intersection of Ridge and Bethel Church Rd. LOTS of activity; tv; a million photographers; neighbors; GBI, police cars and small traffic jam. I was on 92 coming from Hiram and turned left on Ridge. The house is on the right.

looks like paulding sheriff is about to have a news conference hopefully all rumors will be laid to rest.

it is on now

murder/suicide the step son shot them while they all were asleep step son was 21 Sammy was shot with his own gun