Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Stonewall

UGA, GT winners... Bama loser

Where are all the obnoxious Roll Tide bandwagon fans this morning? Ok that is a little harsh but you all know the woods are full of them around here. I do think UA is one of the best programs in the country with one of the best coaches in the country. I am not insulting you UA fans who have been behind Bama your whole life or at least for the last several years. I am talking to the "band wagoners" that you see around town with their brand new Tide hats, shirts and hounds tooth window stickers. I think they have Oregon and Buckeye hats at Academy Sports if you hurry and get their before the other wagoneers get there. The problem I have with some Bama fans is the same problem I had with some Dale Earnhart fans (not freaking Jr. the real DE). Bama is a great football program and DE was a great driver I wish all their fans had as much class as their idols. And FSU showed their true sore loser colors after the game yesterday. They were handed their ass in a hat and them pouted about it. Oh yea recent Noles fans I think AS will sell you a Ducks or Buckeye hat too. Hurry and get them before the big game so everyone will know what a big fan you are and how you have supported them for the last 24 hrs since they won. Yall know I am a Dawg fan have been for the last 40 years. I wear my faded thread bear red G hat whether we win or lose and this year it has been hard at times , SC, FL and GT come to mind as well as the Gurley suspension. Really no point to my rant just something that bugs me. Also congrats GT on a big bowl win and a great season.

• Like 1

The majority of FSU players went straight to the locker room at the end of the game instead of walking over to congratulate players from Oregon. They don't deserve to win another game during their collegiate career.

I'm glad OSU beat 'Bama and I'm also glad GT and UGA won.

The Cotton Bowl was a very exciting game to the end.

• Like 1

I always root for Georgia, but I think Alabama has a great team.

Ohio State played a great game and certainly deserved the win, though I am not happy about it.

Now the Seminoles . . . I am so happy that they not only got beat, but got embarrassed.

As for for the National championship, I really don't care who wins . . . but I feel Oregon is going to have a tough time against Ohio State.

• Like 1

I always root for Georgia, but I think Alabama has a great team.

Ohio State played a great game and certainly deserved the win, though I am not happy about it.

Now the Seminoles . . . I am so happy that they not only got beat, but got embarrassed.

As for for the National championship, I really don't care who wins . . . but I feel Oregon is going to have a tough time against Ohio State.

I have to say this about Urban Meyers; he knows how to develop players. OSU's starting quarterback's season ended early. The second string quarterback played the rest of the regular season and then was injured in the Big Ten championship game. It was his third string quarterback that played agains 'Bama. He got off to a shaky start, but then started playing really well.

The championship game should be a real battle.

I have to say this about Urban Meyers; he knows how to develop players. OSU's starting quarterback's season ended early. The second string quarterback played the rest of the regular season and then was injured in the Big Ten championship game. It was his third string quarterback that played agains 'Bama. He got off to a shaky start, but then started playing really well.

The championship game should be a real battle.

You're right about Meyers.

And it speaks well of the entire team that they were able to keep fighting despite the setbacks they have encountered.

However, I'll be surprised if the game is a battle.

The majority of FSU players went straight to the locker room at the end of the game instead of walking over to congratulate players from Oregon. They don't deserve to win another game during their collegiate career.

I'm glad OSU beat 'Bama and I'm also glad GT and UGA won.

The Cotton Bowl was a very exciting game to the end.

We watched the FSU game down at the beach in the middle of "FSU country". Even their die hard fans here couldn't believe that most of them walked straight to the locker room - very bad display of sportsmanship on their part.

Very glad that GT and UGA won but I hate it about Hutson Mason's injury.

I will be pulling for the Oregon Ducks!

• Like 1

You're right about Meyers.

And it speaks well of the entire team that they were able to keep fighting despite the setbacks they have encountered.

However, I'll be surprised if the game is a battle.

I think the game will be close all the way to the end and the winning margin will be within 7 points.

All of you know my blood runs crimson. If you don't know then you simply do not know me. I was going to Alabama games as a child when Joe Namath and Kenny "Snake" Stabler were on the field. And, of course the GREAT Bear Bryant was on the sideline. The first time I saw Alabama get beat was in the Cotton Bowl and they were beat by Penn State. I didn't think it was possible so I cried the entire flight home. But since that day I have lived through many games lost and losing seasons. But, my love for the Tide has never wavered. I have a 24 year old son whose middle name is "BRYANT". And, if it counts I also so dachshunds: Saban, Krimson and Kirby. Someone accused my daughter of jumping on the bandwagon when she wore an Alabama shirt to work last year. She explained "Well, I have a 24 year old brother named Bryant so that should tell you how I was raised and how long I've been on this bandwagon."

Last night I could not believe what I was watching. The Alabama team that showed up last night was NOT the Alabama team I sat on the 22nd row of the Georgia Dome on Dec. 6th. It hasn't been the perfect season and there have been games where they were shaky. It proved to be that when we had a bye or a delay between games it actually worked against Bama. We had a bye before Mississippi (Ole Miss) and they beat us. Then we had a bye before LSU and that game was a struggle. Then look at last night after waiting 26 days after winning the SEC Championship. I was very disappointed with the outcome of last nights game but this morning I work up just MAD. No part of the team played up to their potential except maybe our punter. (He was unbelievable and hit some great spots!!!) The defense surely wasn't in the game and Sims and the Offense sporadically showed up. With the exception of the punter Special Teams weren't impressive either. And although the sun didn't actually come up this morning I did open my eyes and my feet hit the floor so it confirmed the world existed today. I've never known anything but loving the Tide and cheering for them. I love THE Alabama Crimson Tide yesterday, today and forever and you'll never know anyone who is a bigger Bama fan than me. I am sure more losses are on the horizon even with Saban at the helm......along with a LOT more victories. But, let me say......in the huge scheme of life when all is sad and done it is only a football game.

As far as FSU I was thrilled to see the smirk wiped off the face of the thug. And the behavior of his teammates was some of the most classless and lack of sportsmanship I have EVER witnessed on a football field. If I were an FSU fan I would be humiliated by the way they acted. So what if you "had" a 29 game winning streak going. HELLO???? FSU LOST THE ROSE BOWL with a WHOOPING. Not just lost a game but got a whooping!!! I have said all season that FSU has NOT BEAT anyone. They have squeaked by and won their games but they did not BEAT there opponents. There IS a difference. So when they could no longer squeak by they pouted off the field. Suck it up, be a man and put your hand out.

I am getting off my soapbox now with one huge ROLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!! :)

• Like 3

I had no idea that Joe Namath played at Alabama under Bear Bryant. He was one of my late father's favourite football players.

I had no idea that Joe Namath played at Alabama under Bear Bryant. He was one of my late father's favourite football players.

The Bear sat ole Joe down for big game due to a rule violation.

Sport Source, I think the Tide was shocked by how intense the Buckeyes played right from the first whistle.

I wondered out loud last night if they had already chalked up a W and were looking at the championship game.

It was a good game and like I said, y'all need a break from all that crowing over the past few years. (Decades) :)

• Like 1

Been a Bama fan for over 30 years, still love my team. I thought from the beginning of this season, that something seemed off with the team. So proud that they made it as far as they did. Definitely not a bandwagon jumper, but can assure you that there are a bunch of them. All I can say is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Edited by tatertot
  • Like 2

The SEC is over rated; especially the SEC West. All the teams in the west lost their bowl games.

Sport Source, I think the Tide was shocked by how intense the Buckeyes played right from the first whistle.
I wondered out loud last night if they had already chalked up a W and were looking at the championship game.
It was a good game and like I said, y'all need a break from all that crowing over the past few years. (Decades) :)

Just think, Ohio State beat them using a third string quarterback.

• Like 1

The SEC is over rated; especially the SEC West. All the teams in the west lost their bowl games.

Texas A&M and Arkansas won from the SEC West. A&M over West Va and the Pigs over the Longhorns.

• Like 1

Yes that is why you will often see Joe on ESPN Game Day when they are in Tuscaloosa, along the sideline during the game or in the Alabama suite.

That is always a possibiity, Stradial even though Nick kept talking about playing the one game and focusing on THAT game only. I don't know what the problem was but they definitely were NOT a typical Saban Alabama team. That was obvious.

• Like 1

Been a Bama fan for over 30 years, still love my team. I thought from the beginning of this season, that something seemed off with the team. So proud that they made it as far as they did. Definitely not a bandwagon jumper, but can assure you that there are a bunch of them. All I can say is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

I agree, tatertot. There were a lot of times during the season they just did not seem on all kilter's. Ohhhh yessss there are ton of them that jumped off the bandwagon last night. Think it calls for a trip to Goodwill and pick up their throw away's. LOL.

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh and I remember VERY well when Bear sat Joe down. We were on vacation in Miami, FL and it was the top news down there. And that was LONG before cable news and everyone heard about everything. But that was BIG NEWS!! I was just a child but I remember my Daddy being real concerned about losing Joe. The length of the "benching" wasn't known. but he also said Joe must have deserved it and it was for the best of the football team or Bear would not have done it. I still hear Joe talk about it occasionally and he says "YEAHHHHH OF COURSE I DESERVED IT." It got his attention, too.

I'm def a UGA fan, but don't carry hatred for Bama like I do Auburn, Mizzou, Florida, etc. After watching Auburn and FSU go down last night, I was in a pretty happy place knowing that Bama should be able to handle business against tOSU.

I don't know any nicer way to say it other than Bama straight choked. It wasn't just the 21-6 lead they choked away, it was the entire 2nd half they choked away, especially the 4th quarter. THREE TIMES the Bama punter pinned OSU near their own goal line. TWICE they stopped them and Bama came away with -7 points. The THIRD time they were pinned, OSU ran for an 85yd TD. Just inexcusable, really, to have won the field position battle 3 freaking times and come away 14 points further behind.

Kiffin ditched the run...the bread and butter that got them to the playoff. Cooper wasn't getting the looks he needed to get, including the last 2 plays of the game! What were they thinking?!?

OSU didn't impress me, honestly....Bama just played a horrendous game, coaching down to the players. Oregon is going to have their way with the Buckeyes.

Did y'all hear that Georgia Tech won in the Orange Bowl?

:p

I think that win will probably lead to increased enrollment in their small engine repair and HVAC courses.

• Like 1

Did y'all hear that Georgia Tech won in the Orange Bowl?

:p

I take credit for that win also, due to a rashly made promise, I pulled for tech.

Alabama played like they would have played all year had they been playing top teams. I've said all year they didn't deserve top ranking. They were a mediocre team at best all season long.

They had a cupcake schedule against weak teams that made them look better than they actually were. The entire SEC conference was weak this year.

I was born a Buckeye but raised a Dawg and I love me some SEC football. Alabama included. I don't think you will find a better coach than Nick Saban, but face the truth. Alabama was just weak this year.

If Oregon plays OSU with the intensity and heart they played with against the FSU crybabies, Ohio will go down hard.

• Like 1

I'm def a UGA fan, but don't carry hatred for Bama like I do Auburn, Mizzou, Florida, etc. After watching Auburn and FSU go down last night, I was in a pretty happy place knowing that Bama should be able to handle business against tOSU.

I don't know any nicer way to say it other than Bama straight choked. It wasn't just the 21-6 lead they choked away, it was the entire 2nd half they choked away, especially the 4th quarter. THREE TIMES the Bama punter pinned OSU near their own goal line. TWICE they stopped them and Bama came away with -7 points. The THIRD time they were pinned, OSU ran for an 85yd TD. Just inexcusable, really, to have won the field position battle 3 freaking times and come away 14 points further behind.

Kiffin ditched the run...the bread and butter that got them to the playoff. Cooper wasn't getting the looks he needed to get, including the last 2 plays of the game! What were they thinking?!?

OSU didn't impress me, honestly....Bama just played a horrendous game, coaching down to the players. Oregon is going to have their way with the Buckeyes.

we'll see

we'll see

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind OSU other than their weakass B1G schedule which leads to some of their fans overrating them (think FSU). They capitalized on Bama's errors and that's something that good teams do to win.

Point being, I'm not saying Oregon will beat OSU because of some personal hatred, it's just that Oregon is an extremely talented team. The Rose Bowl was the first time I've watched a full Oregon game this season and, man, that offense pace is ridiculous! I was getting tired just watching them run plays. Not sure if you watched the game, but at one point they put a clock on the offense and they were snapping the ball 10-13 seconds after the whistle blew from the previous play, consistently. The defense barely has time to get set, much less evaluate the offense's formation and determine coverage. It's insane! The one thing that really surprised me about Oregon, a team I always took to be nothing more than an offensive behemoth, was their speed on the defensive side of the ball. They did a great job of taking away the edges and their secondary was everywhere wreaking havoc (though I found their zone coverages vulnerable).

I think the championship game will be close until the second half....I just don't see OSU's defense, who has had a relatively weak schedule, being able to keep pace with that Oregon O. Then again, I didn't think OSU stood a chance against Bama so they could definitely make me question my football knowledge again!

Will be a fun game to watch. Good luck to you!

mrnn

Alabama played like they would have played all year had they been playing top teams. I've said all year they didn't deserve top ranking. They were a mediocre team at best all season long.

They had a cupcake schedule against weak teams that made them look better than they actually were. The entire SEC conference was weak this year.

I was born a Buckeye but raised a Dawg and I love me some SEC football. Alabama included. I don't think you will find a better coach than Nick Saban, but face the truth. Alabama was just weak this year.

If Oregon plays OSU with the intensity and heart they played with against the FSU crybabies, Ohio will go down hard.

They were weaker, for sure...but relative to FBS as a whole, I wouldn't label them a "weak" team.

SEC was definitely down a bit this year. I guess the more the conference was put on a pedestal, the more the players' stock rose and a ton of guys ended up leaving early. With that said, the SEC is still the deepest conference, by far, which absolutely makes their schedules the most difficult. I think we're seeing a bit of parity between the top teams in the 5 major conferences but once you get past the top team or two in non-SEC conferences, the drop-off is steep.

mrnn

I expect the Oregon and OSU game to become a blowout after the first quarter, with Oregon being on top.

I don't want this to happen, in fact I will be pulling for OHS.

I expect OSU to experience a let down of intensity (which is natural) as I think they were so focused on the Sugar Bowl, they will not be able to get up for Oregon.

I hope I am wrong and OSU plays well and it is a good game and that OSU wins.

Either way, it was a good year for OSU.

• Like 1

like someone posted about jumping on the band wagon, I am a Buckeye have been since my parents moved there from Kentucky when I was about 1 1/2. So win or lose I will remain a true fan, but in true sportsmanship my hats off to all of the teams they all fought hard to get as far as they did!

Namath was my all time favorite NFL player. I watched every minute of every game of the 1968 season leading up to Super Bowl 3.

Joe was from Pennsylvania and was being recruited by the Big 10 schools except for Ohio State where Woody Hayes had a corp of what he believed to be good quarterbacks. But he didn't want to have to play against Namath so Hayes calls Bear Bryant and gives him the scouting reports on Namath.

• Like 1

The turning point in the game was when the Alabama defensive back went THUG and stood over the OSU player that had just been hit hard by another Alabama player. That lit a fire under OSU and they never looked back.

• Like 1

Playing in the SEC is a cupcake schedule? That's a first. This was not the strongest overall year for the SEC, but to say that the entire conference was weak is a bit of a stretch.

Bama was not as strong as some of Saban's previous teams, but those were also among some of the best that college football has seen in recent memory. They were not great, but definitely not weak. They simply ran into another talented team that played better on that day. It happens.

I'm def a UGA fan, but don't carry hatred for Bama like I do Auburn, Mizzou, Florida, etc.

I understand Auburn and Florida, but why Missouri? Perhaps things will be different someday, but right now I have zero hate for a team that we've only played three times since they joined the conference.

I understand Auburn and Florida, but why Missouri? Perhaps things will be different someday, but right now I have zero hate for a team that we've only played three times since they joined the conference.

They've stolen two SEC East championships from us in a row....certainly much more of a thorn in our sides than either Auburn or Florida, recently.

mrnn

They've stolen two SEC East championships from us in a row....certainly much more of a thorn in our sides than either Auburn or Florida, recently.

mrnn

I don't hate them for taking care of their business while we failed to do so. Playing Missouri is kind of like when we used to annually play Ole Miss. We played them every year, but there just wasn't the same kind of hate for them that we had with other programs who we shared a border with and more frequently battled for recruits. That is one thing that will probably always keep programs like Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, and Tennessee on a whole other level when it comes to the hate level of your common UGA fan.

I just want to know how, geographically, Missouri is considered the Southeast? Probably the same people who put Indiannapolis in the AFC South. Look at a map, people! GA had a good season, should have beaten Florida but we had an overconfident, cocky attitude thinking it would be a piece of cake going into that game, and should have beaten SC (HATE Spurrier) but it's hard to be the team AND the refs (Gurley's TD that was recalled for a penalty was bogus, the SEC admitted that penalty should not have been called), and I knew GT would be a tough game this year. I'm pulling for the Ducks in the National Championship game and was so glad to see Florida State get beat like they stole something (oh, wait, their QB DID steal something!) and see the 'Noles go down in flames.

mrnn

Stolen? :crazy: You mean, as in GA didn't take care of their own business? 8) Don't you go be hatin' on my alma mater. :p

From the Mizzou Alumni site: "Cver the past two seasons, The Tigers are 23-5, back-to-back Divisional winners in the conference, winners of two major bowl games, with 12 All-SEC and 2 All-Americans. " Not too shabby for a university that was, according to some friends of mine that are Vol fans, probably not going to be able to even score against most of the SEC teams.

Mizzou should be in the SEC West from a geographical perspective, but the divisional realignment was blocked by none other than Auburn, who refused to move to the East. Not sure if it was financial in that they would lose the revenue from the annual Alabama game or that they would face a butt-whoopin every year from TN, GA, and FL?

The site "SaturdayDownSouth" had the power rankings for the SEC this morning. Naturally, the Crimson Turds were #1, the Dawgs were #2, and Mizzou was ranked #3.

From what I've read about the FSU game, as well as the Alabama game, the majority of the players were instructed by the officials to leave the field so they could set up for the trophy presentations. Only the key players were allowed to remain to shake hands with the opposing teams. I am not an FSU fan nor a fan of Jameis Winston, but he did shake hands with the other team. The Oregon team showed their lack of class by chanting "no means no."

As a Bama fan, I am disappointed in their loss to Ohio State and I will be pulling for the Ducks to beat them in the championship game.

Saban does have the number one recruiting class coming in for 2015 season. ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

I just want to know how, geographically, Missouri is considered the Southeast? Probably the same people who put Indiannapolis in the AFC South. Look at a map, people! GA had a good season, should have beaten Florida but we had an overconfident, cocky attitude thinking it would be a piece of cake going into that game, and should have beaten SC (HATE Spurrier) but it's hard to be the team AND the refs (Gurley's TD that was recalled for a penalty was bogus, the SEC admitted that penalty should not have been called), and I knew GT would be a tough game this year. I'm pulling for the Ducks in the National Championship game and was so glad to see Florida State get beat like they stole something (oh, wait, their QB DID steal something!) and see the 'Noles go down in flames.

Missouri is categorised as both a Midwestern and a Southern state. Like Kentucky and Oklahoma, Missouri was split on Union and Confederate issues during the Civil War.

Missouri is categorised as both a Midwestern and a Southern state. Like Kentucky and Oklahoma, Missouri was split on Union and Confederate issues during the Civil War.

The Civil war had been over for 30 years before Oklahoma joined the Union....

Stolen? :crazy: You mean, as in GA didn't take care of their own business? 8) Don't you go be hatin' on my alma mater. :p

From the Mizzou Alumni site: "Cver the past two seasons, The Tigers are 23-5, back-to-back Divisional winners in the conference, winners of two major bowl games, with 12 All-SEC and 2 All-Americans. " Not too shabby for a university that was, according to some friends of mine that are Vol fans, probably not going to be able to even score against most of the SEC teams.

Mizzou should be in the SEC West from a geographical perspective, but the divisional realignment was blocked by none other than Auburn, who refused to move to the East. Not sure if it was financial in that they would lose the revenue from the annual Alabama game or that they would face a butt-whoopin every year from TN, GA, and FL?

The site "SaturdayDownSouth" had the power rankings for the SEC this morning. Naturally, the Crimson Turds were #1, the Dawgs were #2, and Mizzou was ranked #3.

Ha! I knew you'd be lurking :rofl:

Mizzou has done much better in the SEC than I thought they'd do....they're a good team. I just can't help but feel that UGA has had better teams the last 2 seasons and think that we actually had a decent shot at offing Bama in the SECC this season. In typical UGA fashion, of course we have no one to blame but ourselves due to stupid losses to inferior squads. But I need a scapegoat and, well, Mizzou fits the bill!

mrnn