Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Two NYC Officers shot.

The Kos said it was a "right wing reporter." The Kos never identified the reporter to prove what it said was true. Wouldn't that fall under irresponsible journalism?

Maybe the writer didn't want to note it was one of Rupert Murdoch's minions that asked the question. (NYDaily News)

I'm of the opinion that there is a possibility that the folks that started the chant ... it would take only about four or five people in a large crowd to start such as chant. Like in every crowd, there are folks who will join in ... $50.00 a piece - $200-300 - and you have the sound clip.

For a reference ... consider that several of Murdoch's newspapers are 'tabloids' ... and frankly this is a classic tabloid technique ... along with hacking telephone answering devices (even of the royalty - check what Murdoch's tabloids did in GB.)

pubby

I have no problem with peaceful protest. I do have a problem with instigators like Al Sharpton.

What is "de jure"?

De jure segregation is the separation of groups of people based on law. He failed to realize the protestors were made up of people from several races; black, white, Asian, and Hispanic. Our disagreement with the protests was not based upon race at all. We gave our reasons for what we saw wrong with the protests; the chanting calling for the killing of police officers and blocking traffic on streets and sidewalks as interfering with the rights of others. We saw those things as wrong, but apparently he agrees with it. A protest can be held with thousands participating without infringing upon the rights of others and still get a lot of media attention.

Had all these demonstrators conducted the protest in Central Park rather than on 5th Avenue, it would have received just as much media attention because of the number of people involved and the subject matter of the protest. Unfortunately some people believe a protest must be conducted in a manner that infringes on the rights of others. All that does in my opinion build ill will towards the protestors from many who may have been more sympathetic had their rights not been infringed upon.

Maybe the writer didn't want to note it was one of Rupert Murdoch's minions that asked the question. (NYDaily News)

I'm of the opinion that there is a possibility that the folks that started the chant ... it would take only about four or five people in a large crowd to start such as chant. Like in every crowd, there are folks who will join in ... $50.00 a piece - $200-300 - and you have the sound clip.

For a reference ... consider that several of Murdoch's newspapers are 'tabloids' ... and frankly this is a classic tabloid technique ... along with hacking telephone answering devices (even of the royalty - check what Murdoch's tabloids did in GB.)

pubby

Most likely the Kos was manufacturing a story.

De jure segregation is the separation of groups of people based on law. He failed to realize the protestors were made up of people from several races; black, white, Asian, and Hispanic. Our disagreement with the protests was not based upon race at all. We gave our reasons for what we saw wrong with the protests; the chanting calling for the killing of police officers and blocking traffic on streets and sidewalks as interfering with the rights of others. We saw those things as wrong, but apparently he agrees with it. A protest can be held with thousands participating without infringing upon the rights of others and still get a lot of media attention.

Had all these demonstrators conducted the protest in Central Park rather than on 5th Avenue, it would have received just as much media attention because of the number of people involved and the subject matter of the protest. Unfortunately some people believe a protest must be conducted in a manner that infringes on the rights of others. All that does in my opinion build ill will towards the protestors from many who may have been more sympathetic had their rights not been infringed upon.

I was confused about his/her use of "de jure" and the context. I figured he/she was trying to impress us with his/her use of legal terminology.

Most likely the Kos was manufacturing a story.

The Kos? Make something up? Surely you cannot be serious!!?

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree

I was confused about his/her use of "de jure" and the context. I figured he/she was trying to impress us with his/her use of legal terminology.

The Kos? Make something up? Surely you cannot be serious!!?

I have neither the inclination or the ability to impress "us". However, if I did, I would be more apt to use the term "cognitive dissonance" as I find it applicable to those who refer to themselves as "us".

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy
  • Like 1