Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Two NYC Officers shot.

I didn't call you ignorant though you have alluded to my being so in other posts where you suggest I learn about subjects, places and things I am already well versed in but have a differing view. You think I am close minded and I think you are willfully ignorant on some topics. Essentially we have said the same about one another but in different ways.

find you funny and entertaining most times on lighter topics. Somethings we will never agree on. Either way, the very best to you going forward.

Funny, not once did say anything about you, other than you were not willing to have an open mind, yet you call me ignorant.

I have deleted several things in this post and will close with this, you do not win people over to your side of any discussion by calling them names.

I only have one person on pcom that I rarely respond to their posts, I guess I now have two.

Good luck in your life.

• Like 1

I didn't call you ignorant though you have alluded to my being so in other posts where you suggest I learn about subjects, places and things I am already well versed in but have a differing view. You think I am close minded and I think you are willfully ignorant on some topics. Essentially we have said the same about one another but in different ways.

find you funny and entertaining most times on lighter topics. Somethings we will never agree on. Either way, the very best to you going forward.

Stratial, and I rarely agree, but we have some of the same friends, DVbP!

Pubby you got the groups who are causing the current trouble wrong. It is coming from the left not the right.

No leaders calling for killing folks huh? Might want to read this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/farrakhan-refers-ferguson-jefferson-speech-article-1.2028896

It's coming from the left huh? No NJ, just look who started this thread into politics. It wasn't the left. That's really what got me so upset last night. Politics, just hours after it happened had no place in the discussion. It was a time for condolences and respect for the families.

• Like 2

If you don't think that the current situation in this country is highly volatile at this time and that the flames of violence haven't been fanned by those who have an agenda, then I have nothing to say, because you cannot help those who refuse to see or hear.

I am so sick and tired of those who preach, "we are a nation of laws, the police are not judge and jury, we have courts for that" and then when the legal system adjudicates a situation and the decision is not to these same people's liking, they then cry "it was rigged, it wasn't fair, it was a conspiracy".

You cannot have it both ways!

If you want the system to handle it, then by God when the system handles it, accept the system's decision without making excuses and attacks.

Ohhhh, and as far as I am concerned, my personal opinion is that all the protesters and "give peace a chance" and "flower power" sixty's people did more harm to this country than the enemies of the USA could have ever hoped to do.

And we are currently reaping the fruits of the seeds that were sown back in those days.

Rant over.

What I gather stradia is you believe that 'everything is hunky dory and the courts, police are working like a well-oiled machine and produces justice at the rate of 99.9 percent perfection.

Where you make your mistake is to say that others must either agree with that reading or you are a dirty low-down dupe promoting race wars, hatred and anarchy.

According to your posts, stradial you have to be either one or the other.

No so.

Those who recognize issues and problems and demand their redress, recognize that the very promise of America, as contained in the preamble to the Constitution, states our mission as a nation:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Our union is not perfect ... hell Plato will tell you that perfection doesn't exist on this plane.

You can watch a video right here on p.com that showed the chanting by protesters for the killing of cops. Ferguson was burned by folks who have an agenda. If you can't see it then I can't help you.

My comment in that topic was that given the value of that rendition to the right - Fox News even dubbed those chants in scenes from other cities to 'hype' the hate - I can't help but wonder if the chanters were paid and the chant staged.

In the cultural war we're in, I don't trust much of what goes on.

pubby

My comment in that topic was that given the value of that rendition to the right - Fox News even dubbed those chants in scenes from other cities to 'hype' the hate - I can't help but wonder if the chanters were paid and the chant staged.

pubby

Really?! How about all the folks on twitter praising the shooting? Were they paid too?

If anyone can spot an agenda it would be you.

I'm not the one who's screaming the autopsies were lies. Do you see a conspiracy in everything that doesn't go your way?

What I gather stradia is you believe that 'everything is hunky dory and the courts, police are working like a well-oiled machine and produces justice at the rate of 99.9 percent perfection.

Where you make your mistake is to say that others must either agree with that reading or you are a dirty low-down dupe promoting race wars, hatred and anarchy.

No so.

Those who recognize issues and problems and demand their redress, recognize that the very promise of America, as contained in the preamble to the Constitution, states our mission as a nation:

Our union is not perfect ... hell Plato will tell you that perfection doesn't exist on this plane.

pubby

Pubby, you have a lot of trouble accepting the truth. Here is a quote for you. It is in my signature.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” ~~George Orwell

If you don't think that the current situation in this country is highly volatile at this time and that the flames of violence haven't been fanned by those who have an agenda, then I have nothing to say, because you cannot help those who refuse to see or hear.

I am so sick and tired of those who preach, "we are a nation of laws, the police are not judge and jury, we have courts for that" and then when the legal system adjudicates a situation and the decision is not to these same people's liking, they then cry "it was rigged, it wasn't fair, it was a conspiracy".

You cannot have it both ways!

If you want the system to handle it, then by God when the system handles it, accept the system's decision without making excuses and attacks.

Ohhhh, and as far as I am concerned, my personal opinion is that all the protesters and "give peace a chance" and "flower power" sixty's people did more harm to this country than the enemies of the USA could have ever hoped to do.

And we are currently reaping the fruits of the seeds that were sown back in those days.

Rant over.

No so.

pubby

Pubby, you know I think your a good guy and I certainly enjoy every minute I have ever spent with you.

However, I had to not only quote your post in this reply, I had to quote my entire post that you are referencing in your reply, because, I have no clue what you are talking about.

"What I gather stradia is you believe that 'everything is hunky dory and the courts, police are working like a well-oiled machine and produces justice at the rate of 99.9 percent perfection."

Where did I say anything like that in my post?

All I said was that you cry for the police to let the system handle the judging and punishing, not the police, and when the system does handle the judging and they decide that nothing illegal was done to be punished, you cry foul.

So my question still is, how in the hell is anyone supposed to please you people?

Ask you people what you think should be done about a case that you only know through the media and then just do whatever you people say should be done? (by you people, I am referring to you and people of your ilk) (nothing is meant negative by the use of the word ilk, I just happen to like using it)

"Where you make your mistake is to say that others must either agree with that reading or you are a dirty low-down dupe promoting race wars, hatred and anarchy.

No so."

Again, where in my post did I say anything along those lines?

I never even mentioned "race", much less "race war" or anyone being "dirty low-down dupe" or anything similar.

All I said that the flames of violence have been fanned by people who have an agenda.

I think that is pretty obvious, check the social media, heck, check the regular media.

BTW, I never even said what side was doing the fanning, interesting you thought it was about your side.

I also never said you had to be on one side or the other.

My wife was not happy with that thug in Ferguson getting what I consider he deserved, but as she said, "They spent how many hours looking at all the facts, with the whole world watching and they found no reason to go forward, so it's done."

There is someone that is not one side or the other.

I don't mind being called to task for the things I say, heck I say enough goofy or over the top things that calling me out on them is not hard, but dang man, don't start calling me out on things I didn't say.

Or....are you like my wife?

You know what I said, but you want to discuss what you say I was really thinking, not what I said.

Ohhh, here is an example of what I have been referring to.

A Ferguson protester shouting "Pigs in a blanket" after the NY shootings.

Now defend this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAthWB_7QA

This is even better.....

OK, I'll bite, why two pictures?

Pubby, you know I think your a good guy and I certainly enjoy every minute I have ever spent with you.

However, I had to not only quote your post in this reply, I had to quote my entire post that you are referencing in your reply, because, I have no clue what you are talking about.

"What I gather stradia is you believe that 'everything is hunky dory and the courts, police are working like a well-oiled machine and produces justice at the rate of 99.9 percent perfection."

Where did I say anything like that in my post?

All I said was that you cry for the police to let the system handle the judging and punishing, not the police, and when the system does handle the judging and they decide that nothing illegal was done to be punished, you cry foul.

So my question still is, how in the hell is anyone supposed to please you people?

Ask you people what you think should be done about a case that you only know through the media and then just do whatever you people say should be done? (by you people, I am referring to you and people of your ilk) (nothing is meant negative by the use of the word ilk, I just happen to like using it)

"Where you make your mistake is to say that others must either agree with that reading or you are a dirty low-down dupe promoting race wars, hatred and anarchy.

No so."

Again, where in my post did I say anything along those lines?

I never even mentioned "race", much less "race war" or anyone being "dirty low-down dupe" or anything similar.

All I said that the flames of violence have been fanned by people who have an agenda.

I think that is pretty obvious, check the social media, heck, check the regular media.

BTW, I never even said what side was doing the fanning, interesting you thought it was about your side.

I also never said you had to be on one side or the other.

My wife was not happy with that thug in Ferguson getting what I consider he deserved, but as she said, "They spent how many hours looking at all the facts, with the whole world watching and they found no reason to go forward, so it's done."

There is someone that is not one side or the other.

I don't mind being called to task for the things I say, heck I say enough goofy or over the top things that calling me out on them is not hard, but dang man, don't start calling me out on things I didn't say.

Or....are you like my wife?

You know what I said, but you want to discuss what you say I was really thinking, not what I said.

Ohhh, here is an example of what I have been referring to.

A Ferguson protester shouting "Pigs in a blanket" after the NY shootings.

Now defend this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dAthWB_7QA

OK, I'll bite, why two pictures?

iPhone posting on this site is difficult at times.

Really?! How about all the folks on twitter praising the shooting? Were they paid too?

I don't think all the folks on twitter - over 91 million - were praising the shooting. I know I'm on twitter and I didn't. How many actually were? For it to be one-percent it would have to be 910,000 ... one-tenth of one-percent would require 91,000 ... I actually figure somewhere around 100-200 but maybe as many as 500 tweets took that position which - drum roll - is less than one thousandth of one percent.

There is no defense against absolute stupidity and assertion that those twitter followers are representative of anything significant is ... well absolutely stupid.

I'm not the one who's screaming the autopsies were lies. Do you see a conspiracy in everything that doesn't go your way?

I've not seen anyone scream that the autopsies were lies but if you want to go there, I can make up things for you to say too, Zorro.

I mean, what I hear you saying, though, is that the police aren't shooting and strangling unarmed people often enough.

Heck, I take it by your unwavering support that you endorse the status quo and think we should provide even more support for our officers.

Since we already reward officers who shoot people with a bye in terms of prosecution plus we give them two or three months of paid leave, I'm assuming that what you really want, if you want more support for LEO, is to add bonuses for officers who shoot people in the line of duty. What do you think is fair? $1,000 for armed and dangerous folks and $10,000 for the unarmed ... if you injure them. If you kill, that ought to be worth a double bonus. Additional incentives could be if they're disabled or underage, the kops doing the shooting ought to get another $5,000 bonus?

That is what I call supporting your local police, right?

While regular folks like me might think it will bring more death, more misery, more tragedy, that doesn't count because regular civilians don't count. Heck, you can shoot, strangle, maim and beat regular citizens with near impunity ... at least that seems to be the message.

And since you are so supportive of LEO at present, then I know you'll support them in their efforts for the bonus system.

PS: There are tweets to this effect out there too :) ... so everybody on your side zorro, must feel that way, right!

pubby

I don't think all the folks on twitter - over 91 million - were praising the shooting. I know I'm on twitter and I didn't. How many actually were? For it to be one-percent it would have to be 910,000 ... one-tenth of one-percent would require 91,000 ... I actually figure somewhere around 100-200 but maybe as many as 500 tweets took that position which - drum roll - is less than one thousandth of one percent.

There is no defense against absolute stupidity and assertion that those twitter followers are representative of anything significant is ... well absolutely stupid.

I've not seen anyone scream that the autopsies were lies but if you want to go there, I can make up things for you to say too, Zorro.

I mean, what I hear you saying, though, is that the police aren't shooting and strangling unarmed people often enough.

Heck, I take it by your unwavering support that you endorse the status quo and think we should provide even more support for our officers.

Since we already reward officers who shoot people with a bye in terms of prosecution plus we give them two or three months of paid leave, I'm assuming that what you really want, if you want more support for LEO, is to add bonuses for officers who shoot people in the line of duty. What do you think is fair? $1,000 for armed and dangerous folks and $10,000 for the unarmed ... if you injure them. If you kill, that ought to be worth a double bonus. Additional incentives could be if they're disabled or underage, the kops doing the shooting ought to get another $5,000 bonus?

While regular folks like me might think it will bring more death, more misery, more tragedy, that doesn't count because regular civilians don't count. Heck, you can shoot, strangle, maim and beat regular citizens with near impunity ... at least that seems to be the message.

And since you are so supportive of LEO at present, then I know you'll support them in their efforts for the bonus system.

PS: There are tweets to this effect out there too :) ... so everybody on your side zorro, must feel that way, right!

pubby

Silly Pubby...of course, not everyone on twitter was making those comments. I never said that. Not everyone at the march was yelling for killing cops either but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that those people don't believe killing cops is OK.

Darren Wilson should have gotten a bonus instead of getting persecuted and effectively forced to resign. According to the evidence and court system, he prevented a hoodlum from causing harm to a police officer and who knows who else had he gotten away. You may not see it that way and that's OK if you choose to remain ignorant of the facts.

What I see is certain people on this forum and elsewhere, going to any lengths to defend the killer of two policemen because of two people who were killed while breaking the law. One of which had just, within minutes, committed a felony, another who resisted arrest (regardless of the crime) and was grossly over-weight which more than likely attributed to his death. NEITHER of which had anything to do with the color of anyone's skin. Some who, even now, defend a proven race-baiter for making it about race when there is nothing to show it was.

Those same people have the gall to call the people on the opposite side names.

Edited by yathink?
  • Like 4

What I see is certain people on this forum and elsewhere, going to any lengths to defend the killer of two policemen because of two people who were killed while breaking the law. One of which had just, within minutes, committed a felony, another who resisted arrest (regardless of the crime) and was grossly over-weight which more than likely attributed to his death. NEITHER of which had anything to do with the color of anyone's skin. Some who, even now, defend a proven race-baiter for making it about race when there is nothing to show it was.

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

• Like 1

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Some people just can't see facts, D V b P! They are to busy with emotions, prejudices, and mesmerizing their friends.

Here's the main fact:

“When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.” - Dale Carnegie

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

Some people just can't see facts, D V v P! They are to busy with emotions, prejudices, and mesmerizing their friends.

Here's the main fact:

“When dealing with people, let us remember we are not dealing with creatures of logic. We are dealing with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudices and motivated by pride and vanity.” - Dale Carnegie

Funny you should mention that. The whole protest movement in Ferguson was based on Lie and fed by feelings. Every one of the protests against the cops has been fed by feelings and emotion. The killing of two cops was fed by rage one of the most basic feelings/emotions. It would be nice to see some logic and common sense take hold of the folks protesting. Doubt that will happen though.

• Like 3

Funny you should mention that. The whole protest movement in Ferguson was based on Lie and fed by feelings. Every one of the protests against the cops has been fed by feelings and emotion. The killing of two cops was fed by rage one of the most basic feelings/emotions. It would be nice to see some logic and common sense take hold of the folks protesting. Doubt that will happen though.

Not in Georgia!

We raised the killer. But, that is not to say that some people do subscribe to logic.

Edited by The Postman

"People who do nothing but quote other people, often have nothing intelligent to say themselves." - Rich Little

"People who do nothing but quote other people, often have nothing intelligent to say themselves." - Rich Little

I'm glad that is not all I do, stradial!

When I grew up, in Haralson county, GA, people there didn't treat dogs as bad as they treated black people. And, if you mistreat a dog, you make him mean.

I knew some mean black people, and I understood why they were so mean. You have to have an understanding on the lines of logic, and let some of your emotions, and prejudice, subside. :pardon:

This is the kind of absurd remark meant for no other reason than to inflame the discussion that is so irritating, no one here is trying to defend the guy and you know it.

• Like 4

This is the kind of absurd remark meant for no other reason than to inflame the discussion that is so irritating, no one here is trying to defend the guy and you know it.

:hi:

10505566_775757069141829_581693456729016

It may not come as a surprise that my face book friends are about 95% white. Not intentional, but most of my FB friends are small business owners and friends I have made here.

My African American friends have been very quiet about the racial tensions, not surprised because they own businesses.

I am also not surprised this morning at the amount of inflammatory rhetoric on my feed.

Ya know with Christmas in a few days we really should be thinking about the message of Christ, love and forgiveness.

I think there are a lot of sick people in the world and when you think about it almost all of them end up on the news or in a documentary.

What if the big deal news was about great things, people that go over and above and the bad stuff was a blurb that said another deranged person has killed. An officer has unfortunately had to use deadly force when confronted with a deranged individual.

Sounds good but as we know it will never happen. We hang on every word that creates extreme feelings.

It seems to me if we prayed as with as much emotion as we are feeling towards these crisis it might change things. My guess is that people will not. I really make an effort not get caught up in the racism and anger. I also know just how close to the edge we are in having an all out race war. I hope that people will pray instead of reading and sharing every inflammatory thing they find in the media and on the internet.

We have plenty of people that can easily be pushed just like the sick individual that killed the officers. We can all do our part by resisting the temptation to get pulled in and to pull in others.

• Like 1

Nevertheless, LPPT, the best way for evil to prevail is for good men, and women, to sit idly by, and do nothing, say nothing, and close their eyes and ears so they can't see or hear anything that disturbs their sensitivities!

Edited by The Postman

This article by Kareem-Abdul-Jabbar sheds light on the recent tragic events.http://time.com/3643462/kareem-abdul-jabbar-nypd-shootings-police/

Good share.

pubby

This is another asinine post from you. Sometimes I wonder if you have any intellectual honesty at all. There are bad people who are in the law enforcement profession just as there are bad people in any profession. There are bad people who are doctors, dentists, lawyers, nurses, elected officials, etc; but does that mean those professions are corrupt? Hell no. What I see here from many on the left is painting with a broad brush a picture that the entire law enforcement profession is corrupt and evil.

From freakin' day one of the Brown shooting, you and others here were condemning Wilson for murder. You guys pretty much had him tried and convicted before any facts were released. The first autopsy conducted was done by a forensic pathologist at the request of Brown's parents. It showed he was not shot in the back and it supported what Wilson said had taken place. The second one conducted by a St. Louis County came to the same conclusion. The third autopsy, ordered by Holder and conducted by a military forensic pathologist came to the same conclusions as the first two, but you guys still want to maintain Wilson murdered Brown and did so only because Brown was black.

I agreed with pretty much everyone here the officer who put Garner in a choke hold should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter. It would be difficult to get a murder conviction because you wouldn't be able to show the officer put the choke hold on him with the intention of killing him.

If anyone honestly believes there are more bad police officers than good ones, then prove it to us.

• Like 3

This is another asinine post from you. Sometimes I wonder if you have any intellectual honesty at all. There are bad people who are in the law enforcement profession just as there are bad people in any profession. There are bad people who are doctors, dentists, lawyers, nurses, elected officials, etc; but does that mean those professions are corrupt? Hell no. What I see here from many on the left is painting with a broad brush a picture that the entire law enforcement profession is corrupt and evil.

From freakin' day one of the Brown shooting, you and others here were condemning Wilson for murder. You guys pretty much had him tried and convicted before any facts were released. The first autopsy conducted was done by a forensic pathologist at the request of Brown's parents. It showed he was not shot in the back and it supported what Wilson said had taken place. The second one conducted by a St. Louis County came to the same conclusion. The third autopsy, ordered by Holder and conducted by a military forensic pathologist came to the same conclusions as the first two, but you guys still want to maintain Wilson murdered Brown and did so only because Brown was black.

I agreed with pretty much everyone here the officer who put Garner in a choke hold should have been charged with involuntary manslaughter. It would be difficult to get a murder conviction because you wouldn't be able to show the officer put the choke hold on him with the intention of killing him.

If anyone honestly believes there are more bad police officers than good ones, then prove it to us.

But, Law Enforcement takes the fugging cake, E Z, as for as bad professionals, Using restricted choke holds, and stopping a person from breathing, while he is struggling for air.

But, Law Enforcement takes the fugging cake, E Z, as for as bad professionals, Using restricted choke holds, and stopping a person from breathing, while he is struggling for air.

One officer doing it doesn't mean every officer does, nor does it mean his leadership condoned it. Again, you are an example of what I said. You think because one officer did something wrong, they're all doing it.

You may want to start by scrubbing the last few months archives

before you lecture anyone about the use of inflammatory rhetoric.

8)

• Like 1

One officer doing it doesn't mean every officer does, nor does it mean his leadership condoned it. Again, you are an example of what I said. You think because one officer did something wrong, they're all doing it.

Just because a tree falls in the woods doesn't mean everybody hears it. Just because bird fly doesn't mean penguins do.

What are you saying, E Z?

No other profession has as many people running around taking pictures of the professional persons as law enforcement officers have.

Edited by The Postman

You may want to start by scrubbing the last few months archives

before you lecture anyone about the use of inflammatory rhetoric.

8)

Funny I have always found my comments to be wise, insightful and pertinent (?)

Does the autopsy explain why he didn't call it into dispatch or why he called his supervisor on his cell phone? Or why they left him on the ground for 4 hours?

Does the autopsy explain why he didn't call it into dispatch or why he called his supervisor on his cell phone? Or why they left him on the ground for 4 hours?

I don't know for sure why they left him on the ground for 4 hours but I am guessing (after watching NCIS) that they had to investigate it thoroughly as well as getting all of the forensics evidence they could get. If it happened in Paulding they would have to wait for a team from Atlanta if I am not mistaken.

In olden times the King often left his enemies hanging on the gallows as a warning to anyone that dared question his authority .

• Like 1

All the forensics that was obtained in that 4 hours never made it to court, because the king (DA) allow a lying bi*ch to lie to the grand jury when she said she saw Brown charging the cop like a football player. The DA admits, now, that the bi*ch was 30 milers away.

Have you ever been trained in and conducted investigations? I have. In this matter the Ferguson PD automatically gave the investigation to another PD. They had to leave the body where it lay for those investigators. It was the investigating agency's responsibility to collect data, take photographs, and create a sketch of the scene. I like how you try to present yourself as an authority in this matter, yet you don't have the training and expertise to make such a call.

Have you ever shot and killed somebody? Have you any clue what it does to the psyche of a person?

Silly Pubby...of course, not everyone on twitter was making those comments. I never said that. Not everyone at the march was yelling for killing cops either but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and that those people don't believe killing cops is OK.

Darren Wilson should have gotten a bonus instead of getting persecuted and effectively forced to resign. According to the evidence and court system, he prevented a hoodlum from causing harm to a police officer and who knows who else had he gotten away. You may not see it that way and that's OK if you choose to remain ignorant of the facts.

I appreciate your honesty in suggesting that a bonus be offered to Darren Wilson for his shooting of the kid. The kid had committed a crime and should have been dealt with in the courts. The evidence - including the autopsies - remains less than convincing to me that the officers narrative of how the incident went down was factual. I've never said the guy is 'guilty' ... what I've noted is that he needs to defend his actions in a full court room setting for justice to prevail. I suspect that it would be tough, but not impossible, to get a conviction.

Zorrow, I'm somewhat famous on pcom for the quote "Perfection eludes us all." That pretty much acknowledges that I don't expect perfect. Overall, I've been supportive of Law Enforcement and have worked directly with numerous LEO agencies over the past 40+ years. I've only known, for instance, one bad sheriff - the first Republican Sheriff of Paulding County Perry Grogan, whom I believe was guilty of much more than the multiple counts of child molestation that sent him to prison.

I'm sure your familiar with the flight/fight response. We know that the kid initially was involved in a fight response; the gun was fired and his thumb was hit and the kid reacted with the flight response. In that condition, hearing and any number of other senses are constrained as the body seeks to use all of its resources to make an escape. The body is pretty much focused on that 'escape.' I'm pretty sure if the officer didn't fire again at the kid while he was running away, he probably would have kept going.

The point being that something entered into the moment that turned his flight response back into a fight response. I'm wondering if it wasn't a bullet that passed within inches of the fleeing kids ear that had him turn.

If it was, the question becomes whether the shot taken at the fleeing unarmed youth was a violation of the SCOTUS decision that made state laws allowing officers to shoot fleeing suspects unconstitutional and illegal.

Was the situation in the altercation at the police SUV enough to make that SCOTUS decision moot on the point of the inherent public danger of letting the kid run? If not, then the act of shooting at the kid - the witness and friend of the kid who said he was shot in the back was just, I feel, assumed that a shot hit that actually hit ... and therefore the failure of his testimony.

As far as the hands up, don't shoot scenario .... that would be the logical result of the decision under those circumstances to stop and turn.

Additional rounds to the side, arms and chest would also logically invoke the charge because, well, flight didn't work and the base-part of the human brain that finds itself in this kind of situation logically adopts the fight response when flight fails. Consider it the rat trapped in a corner response.

Indeed, that it what is objectionable about the officers' response to me. The altercation invoked a base-level flight-fight response and the officer didn't have the skills or inclination to avoid or diffuse it creating a situation that allowed him to treat a human being like a rabid dog. That the officer has a role in creating and escalating the situation would be the source of culpability on his part. Indeed, one might even presume that his training was so inadequate that he too was in the midst and under control of the same animal-level reactive pattern of the flight/fight response.

As a citizen I want and expect officers to be trained well enough that they can avoid and diffuse situations that might devolve into that instinctive level of action/reaction. That there seemed to be no care to do so in this situation seems an avoidable tragedy. We should explore it and understand it for what it is.

So what about the race issue? Science proves that most people - even blacks - when conducting games to determine differences based on the color of skin, show that most people are quicker to pull the trigger on people of color in a gaming situation where you are to determine from the scene, whether the images on the screen are a threat or not. The point being that the reaction time on white faces is slower - meaning more thought is put into the situation - than when people are confronted by a black face. The sense of fear, concern, etc. seems to be based on the color of the subject and, with reduced reaction times to black faces, more mistakes are made in regard to black faces.

(One of my favorite scenes in this regard is the selection scene in the original Men in Black in which Will Smith doesn't shoot all the various aliens - and hesitates until he unloads on the young white girl because of the clues to her 'nefarious' activities.)

Have you ever shot and killed somebody? Have you any clue what it does to the psyche of a person?

So, have you shot or killed anyone Zorrow? Should we accept your expertise on this matter because you have?

pubby