Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
CitizenCain

Two NYC Officers shot.

I reread this thread twice and I still missed the part where anyone wants to have a lynch mob, much less said mob wishing to lynch pubby. (or pubby's house)

Currently 1 niece and 2 nephews are NYPD Officiers. BIL is retired, as is his brother.

Clearly, you were not raised to respect anything except your twisted political views. Two entire families are devastated right now so just shut your pie hole.

That's exactly why I'm so upset about this. 5 days before Christmas makes it that more sad. I apologize, I must have you confused with someone else on this forum. I can't recall where you've defended the police against unfair rants where people show where one bad cop made them all rotten. Please refresh my memory with some links. Thanks

Bull shiit. What an ignorant post. The shooter took his own life, he didn't do that because of Al Sharpton, he did that because he was mentally disturbed.

this needs to not be about politics. Because its not.

I wasn't aware you were his shrink. He seemed to be pretty coherent in his messages about exactly what he was going to do and why. I'm assuming his took his own life so those horrible cops wouldn't get the credit for killing him.

• Like 1

We have definitely reached the point of crisis on this issue. The video of Eric Garner's death deeply effected everyone black and white.

The fact that we still have protest in Atlanta points to the issue that people are not letting this go this time.

This country never addresses a single problem until it is a crisis.

We are accepting the easiest answer, that it is skin color and then we are shocked that the problem gets worse.

This is a socioeconomic problem period. It is solved through education, not just academics but through behavior modification.

We have had the power to mitigate this problem for as long as we have had a public school system.

The thing is we have ignored it because we have accepted the simplest answer, it is skin color.

It is not just white people, check out the protesters they have accepted that it is skin color. The entire system has been built around this belief.

How do you explain all of the black people that are well educated and don't commit crime if the answer is skin color.

The only people that follow or blame Sharpton are the ones that believe that it is a skin color problem.

It is easy to identify the culprit by skin color or uniform.

We need leadership that rejects this idea. If it does not happen soon I fear the violence is going to escalate.

We need well educated black people to stand up as representatives of black people all over the country.

As a nation we need to see these people standing up and saying look at me, this is what it is to be black, educated and successful in America.

All we see are the poor and violent, that is all many young black Americans in poverty see.

First we were deeply disturbed by the violence in Fergusion, Eric Garners's death, now these innocent officers.

We need to change our internal language about these situations and reject the mainstream ideology that this is black and white.

I fear that we are going to see more execution of officers by those that believe passionately that it is a black vs law enforcement issue.

We can see the passionate reaction on this message board, multiply that by millions. I refuse to accept that this is a white vs black issue.

It was inevitable and many saw it coming. The media, race baiters, politicians and anarchists have whipped this issue into a frenzy over the past few months. While this is the first attack directly tied to the recent events there were others this year carried out by Sovereign Citizen types, notably in Vegas and Pennsylvania. This is just another in that list. If you stir the pot long enough you will eventually connect with those out there who have nothing to lose and who are willing to die for the 'cause'.

Society better tread lightly, if they allow the fringe to get the police force they want the law an order this nation has been founded on will go to the wayside. Chaos is out there, not much is holding it back.

• Like 7

We have definitely reached the point of crisis on this issue. The video of Eric Garner's death deeply effected everyone black and white.

The fact that we still have protest in Atlanta points to the issue that people are not letting this go this time.

This country never addresses a single problem until it is a crisis.

We are accepting the easiest answer, that it is skin color and then we are shocked that the problem gets worse.

This is a socioeconomic problem period. It is solved through education, not just academics but through behavior modification.

We have had the power to mitigate this problem for as long as we have had a public school system.

The thing is we have ignored it because we have accepted the simplest answer, it is skin color.

It is not just white people, check out the protesters they have accepted that it is skin color. The entire system has been built around this belief.

How do you explain all of the black people that are well educated and don't commit crime if the answer is skin color.

The only people that follow or blame Sharpton are the ones that believe that it is a skin color problem.

It is easy to identify the culprit by skin color or uniform.

We need leadership that rejects this idea. If it does not happen soon I fear the violence is going to escalate.

We need well educated black people to stand up as representatives of black people all over the country.

As a nation we need to see these people standing up and saying look at me, this is what it is to be black, educated and successful in America.

All we see are the poor and violent, that is all many young black Americans in poverty see.

First we were deeply disturbed by the violence in Fergusion, Eric Garners's death, now these innocent officers.

We need to change our internal language about these situations and reject the mainstream ideology that this is black and white.

I fear that we are going to see more execution of officers by those that believe passionately that it is a black vs law enforcement issue.

We can see the passionate reaction on this message board, multiply that by millions. I refuse to accept that this is a white vs black issue.

Race is being used to further a climate that is producing the killing of cops. There is an agenda out there that some bad actors are using to keep demonstrations and turmoil going. It started with occupy wall street and now has escalated to what we are seeing today. We must not let this happen in America. Chaos is not what we want or need. Our police officers need our support and people who are chanting "kill the cops" need to be looked at to see if they are in fact capable of doing that or if they are with a group with that agenda.

• Like 1

The onyl way to stop a criminal with a gun is another person with a gun (policeman, security guard or armed private individual). New YorK is famous for their gun control measures.... again gun control didn't work.

Race is being used to further a climate that is producing the killing of cops. There is an agenda out there that some bad actors are using to keep demonstrations and turmoil going. It started with occupy wall street and now has escalated to what we are seeing today. We must not let this happen in America. Chaos is not what we want or need. Our police officers need our support and people who are chanting "kill the cops" need to be looked at to see if they are in fact capable of doing that or if they are with a group with that agenda.

Occupy was also about socioeconomics. We are ignoring the elephant in the room. At the end of the day it is a political issue.

I am not going to get into the issue of person hood being bestowed on corporations and issues with powerful lobbyist in this country.

It would seem that the portion of the pie allotted for middle class is shrinking, one can only imagine what this does to the hopes and dreams of those looking to attain that level are experiencing in our society. While they struggle with frustration the middle class struggles with fear.

We know for a fact that criminal activity rises with recession regardless of color or ethnicity.

Occupy was also about socioeconomics. We are ignoring the elephant in the room. At the end of the day it is a political issue.

I am not going to get into the issue of person hood being bestowed on corporations and issues with powerful lobbyist in this country.

It would seem that the portion of the pie allotted for middle class is shrinking, one can only imagine what this does to the hopes and dreams of those looking to attain that level are experiencing in our society. While they struggle with frustration the middle class struggles with fear.

We know for a fact that criminal activity rises with recession regardless of color or ethnicity.

Not going to hijack this thread with politics so I will just say again that paid protesters are being used, there is an agenda, and violence in America is part of it. We need to respect the police officers who put their lives on the line for us every day and we need to support them.

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/can-they-breathe-execution-style-killing-of-two-nypd-officers-celebrated-salute-the-shooter/

Read the amazing amount of people rejoicing over this and see if your blood doesn't boil.

I had to literally put my phone down earlier when I stumbled on an anti-cop Facebook page. I had to ignore a previous post on this thread, which took every ounce of personal control I had, or I would likely have been banned.

People are so naive when they support those creating the chaos, those same people will gladly bring it right to their safe and quiet neighborhood next if there is no one there to stop them.

Protesting is one thing, murdering takes it to an entirely different level.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 5

http://twitchy.com/2014/12/20/can-they-breathe-execution-style-killing-of-two-nypd-officers-celebrated-salute-the-shooter/

Read the amazing amount of people rejoicing over this and see if your blood doesn't boil.

It is not too far fetched for me to believe that so many people are breaking the law and don't want to be punished for it. That is part of the issue. Many refuse to connect the dots that crime is crime no matter how petty. It is the officers job to arrest you for committing a crime.

None of this would have happened if these people were not committing crimes and resisting arrest.

I read the message from the shooter not as killing one black then 2 officers. I read it as killing one criminal for officers because at the end of the day those killed were criminals. Being black does not cause you to break the law or resist arrest it is your character.

• Like 5

Not going to hijack this thread with politics so I will just say again that paid protester are being used, there is an agenda, and violence in America is part of it. We need to respect the police officers who put their lives on the line for us every day and we need to support them.

Don't be surprised if during the last week of October and first week of November 2016, all hell breaks out across the country in major cities.

If anyone regardless of political beliefs does not see the media instigating and being complicity in the death of these officers you are quite frankly an idiot. There were 130+ CHILDREN murdered in Pakistan this week. The news coverage was subdued at best because all the freaking limp wristed SOBs that control the media had to take up all the air time with race baiting stories about a dead thug in MO and a stupid hacking of one of their beloved Hollyweird studios. Where is the outrage from these do gooder holier than thou activists and Hollyweirdos? Think about it, CHILDREN MURDERED by the hundred vs. a couple of criminals who made their bed and had to sleep in it. ( I do not want to debate either case involving the criminals because I am sick of hearing about both and honestly you ain't changing my opinion). On the Sony issue Sony can afford to pay for better security so they need to put it in their business plan, nuff said about that. My point being my heart broke for these children regardless of their country of origin, race, religion or status in life. Where are the protestors? Where is your (I refuse to acknowledge him) commander in chief? The media in this country sickens me. They are narcistic, hypocritical, elitist, spineless, traitors who hide behind a Constitution that they crap on everyday. The media is absolutely somewhat at fault for the deaths of these two public servants who probably just wanted to make a shift and be home with their families this Christmas. I am torn between sorrow for these two officers and outrage at the multitude of enablers who somehow justify criminal acts as expression of ones discourse over social class or race.

• Like 3

Don't be surprised if during the last week of October and first week of November 2016, all hell breaks out across the country in major cities.

What will happen in 2016 for those 2 weeks? I'm lost

• Like 1

I won't be. I used to laugh at those who said it was part of "The Plan". Not laughing any longer.

Some say, overload the system, create chaos, declare Martial Law, stop the election. Nah, that could never happen......

Wasn't the neighborhood, it's the instigators like Sharpton and so many liberals. And, 'so-called' journalists who kept reporting false information. And, the mayor. And, even some posters on this forum who took the time to look for bad cops behind any tree or under a rock, to make their point that all cops are bad. Don't deny it please, we all know that's what you all meant.

You are arguing with people who get their facts preceded by a hashtag. It's a pretty pointless exercise.

It's a shame he didn't kill himself first.

I always think that of these murderous thugs who kill innocent people (cops or anybody else).

That's exactly why I'm so upset about this. 5 days before Christmas makes it that more sad. I apologize, I must have you confused with someone else on this forum. I can't recall where you've defended the police against unfair rants where people show where one bad cop made them all rotten. Please refresh my memory with some links. Thanks

To say pointing out the misconduct of a cop is de facto calling all cops bad is simply ridiculous .

• Like 1

I had to literally put my phone down earlier when I stumbled on an anti-cop Facebook page. I had to ignore a previous post on this thread, which took every ounce of personal control I had, or I would likely have been banned.

People are so naive when they support those creating the chaos, those same people will gladly bring it right to their safe and quiet neighborhood next if there is no one there to stop them.

Protesting is one thing, murdering takes it to an entirely different level.

I agree, 100%, U98!

When there is no justice the cops get the blame, when they are only doing their job. Even cops, themselves, know it.They shiver to think that one of their own used a choke-hold that has been banned because of its effect on people who only committed a petty crime, but gets a death sentence. Cops know that killing people for petty crimes will result in protests.

Cops understand that doing their job means doing what they are told, regardless of what their brothers in arms do.

Edited by The Postman

It is not too far fetched for me to believe that so many people are breaking the law and don't want to be punished for it. That is part of the issue. Many refuse to connect the dots that crime is crime no matter how petty. It is the officers job to arrest you for committing a crime.

None of this would have happened if these people were not committing crimes and resisting arrest.

I read the message from the shooter not as killing one black then 2 officers. I read it as killing one criminal for officers because at the end of the day those killed were criminals. Being black does not cause you to break the law or resist arrest it is your character.

I think the conservative side of this was that the IRS, SEC and similar federal regulators had their budgets cut dramatically in the omnibus budget bill. The idea is if you cut a budget by 10 percent, you end up having a lot of IRS cops laid off and less enforcement of white collar crime.

I remember the oxymoron from the 60s that fighting for peace was like screwing for chastity. There is no rational connection between the murder of random police officers and anything.

As far as your point LPPT, that being black does not cause you to break the law or resist arrest - that is true. However, I think that being young and believing that you are being persecuted also impacts your ability to resist the temptation. Further, being deprived of air will also probably cause you to struggle; at least before you stop struggling.

Some say, overload the system, create chaos, declare Martial Law, stop the election. Nah, that could never happen......

NewsJunky, your response kind of creeps me out because I've seen it before.

I recall the arrests to right wing militiamen - A Minutement III cell who are domestic terrorists - earlier this year in Rome that stated that was their strategy ... attack federal buildings, cause chaos and force the invocation of martial law.

Following is an article from the Southern Poverty Law Center on the arrests this past February. I highlighted the sentences that reflect that this strategy is a meme in the extreme right.

Come on, all you antigovernment militia members and wannabe guerrilla fighters. Surely, you can employ more stealth and cunning than three alleged domestic terrorists arrested recently in Georgia.

Brian Cannon and Cory Williamson appeared in federal court today in Rome, Ga., for a detention hearing after being arrested on federal weapons charges last weekend for allegedly trying to obtain pipe bombs and other explosives to launch a series of attacks on government facilities. The men were detained at the end of the hearing.

The third suspect, Terry Peace, is scheduled to make a court appearance on Feb. 24.

Their goal, according to a nine-page federal criminal complaint, was to force the declaration of martial law and spark a national uprising of militia groups.

“This case is a stark reminder of the threat we face not just from abroad, but from within our own borders from our own citizens,” U.S. Attorney Sally Quillian Yates said this afternoon in a press release. “When plans turn violent, law enforcement must step in to protect our communities from harm.”

The trio, the complaint alleges, hatched their plot “in online chat discussions, which were monitored by [the] FBI, during which they chatted about carrying out an operation against the government.”

Didn’t these guys ever hear of the NSA?

Cory-Williamson.jpg

Cory Williamson

The plan called for a coordinated terror campaign that would cause mass hysteria and force the declaration of martial law, “therefore triggering other militias to join the fight.”

During one online chat in late January, Peace, 45, spoke about an attack that was set for February. In preparation for the mission, the complaint said, “Peace encouraged members of the militia to review guerrilla warfare tactics, small unit tactics, accumulate supplies, and prepare family.”

Peace said that the “primary targets” in their “guerilla warfare” included the Transportation Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Not only were their online chats being monitored by federal authorities, the FBI had at least two confidential human sources – CHS-1 and CHS-2 – on the inside of what the complaint calls a “militia.”

Cannon, 37, according to the complaint, had a conversation with one of the informants and “stated that ‘the group’ was planning to ‘start a fight’ with the government by strategically planning to sabotage power grids, transfer stations, and water treatment facilities.”

Terry-Peace.jpg

Terry Peace

“Cannon,” the complaint added, “claimed too many militias were in a defensive mode and in order to get them out of the defensive posture, actions would have to take place to force martial law to be declared.”

Cannon invited the CHS to join “a private Facebook chat where plans were being made.”

But a participant in one of the chats – “a person using the moniker ‘Chief’” – said he had been “arguing with myself on what level of violence or what level of damage is acceptable.”

“I do not want to kill or injure fellow Americans,” Chief said. “So, at least for the guys with me we will restrain the violence toward people and target infrastructure. Then respond to violence with reciprocal violence.”

During an online chat with a CHS and Williamson, Williamson talked about some of the items the group needed for its mission. When the CHS asked if the list included ammunition and explosives, Williamson, 28, allegedly said he believed they were covered, but would ask.

On Feb. 8, the authorities recorded a telephone call between CHS-1 and Peace, who told the CHS “if he can hook us up with say 12 pipe bombs that will be sweet,” adding that he wanted the bombs constructed for “maximum fragmentation.”

A week later, the authorities observed the men loading rifles into a truck at the Rome, Ga., home of Peace. Then the men drove to Cartersvill, Ga., where they were scheduled to meet the CHS and take possession of the bombs.

Prior to the meeting, according to the complaint, FBI agents gave the CHS 12 inert pipe bombs and two thermite devices that the men believed were powerful enough to tear through an armored fighting vehicle.

When the men took possession of the inert devices and started loading them into their truck, the FBI swooped in and arrested them.

In addition to the rifles in the cab of the truck, Peace and Cannon were carrying pistols and wearing body armor.

I think some may find this ridiculous or horrifying but frankly, the notion of violent revolution is something that is pretty much a constant amongst fringe groups. Yes, there are folks here to who point to the Black Panthers as well as the minutemen or Klan or whatever identity movement someone invents. And while few have actually aligned and acted as a part of the fringe on either the left or right, their thoughts have been a part of the discussion for as long as I can remember.

To wit, I remember freshman dorm room discussions at a Methodist-sponsored liberal arts College involving the inevitability of a race war. Let me assure you that far right opinions were quite common as was the notion of inevitability of violence. What we see today in this realm is the strength of this meme.

The shooting in NY of the police is more a criminal act by a criminal than a political act by an activist.

pubby

I think the conservative side of this was that the IRS, SEC and similar federal regulators had their budgets cut dramatically in the omnibus budget bill. The idea is if you cut a budget by 10 percent, you end up having a lot of IRS cops laid off and less enforcement of white collar crime.

I remember the oxymoron from the 60s that fighting for peace was like screwing for chastity. There is no rational connection between the murder of random police officers and anything.

As far as your point LPPT, that being black does not cause you to break the law or resist arrest - that is true. However, I think that being young and believing that you are being persecuted also impacts your ability to resist the temptation. Further, being deprived of air will also probably cause you to struggle; at least before you stop struggling.

I recall the arrests to right wing militiamen - A Minutement III cell who are domestic terrorists - earlier this year in Rome that stated that was their strategy ... attack federal buildings, cause chaos and force the invocation of martial law.

Following is an article from the Southern Poverty Law Center on the arrests this past February. I highlighted the sentences that reflect that this strategy is a meme in the extreme right.

I think some may find this ridiculous or horrifying but frankly, the notion of violent revolution is something that is pretty much a constant amongst fringe groups. Yes, there are folks here to who point to the Black Panthers as well as the minutemen or Klan or whatever identity movement someone invents. And while few have actually aligned and acted as a part of the fringe on either the left or right, their thoughts have been a part of the discussion for as long as I can remember.

To wit, I remember freshman dorm room discussions at a Methodist-sponsored liberal arts College involving the inevitability of a race war. Let me assure you that far right opinions were quite common as was the notion of inevitability of violence. What we see today in this realm is the strength of this meme.

The shooting in NY of the police is more a criminal act by a criminal than a political act by an activist.

pubby

"The constant and perpetual will to secure to every one HIS OWN right." - John Quincy Adams (Before the Supreme Court of the United States.)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Favalon.law.yale.edu%2F19th_century%2Famistad_002.asp&ei=dRKXVJ3NA8nyggTh-oLADg&usg=AFQjCNFA8GHtF-K39ugaq9OIdZflCNwK5g&sig2=ABFKZKvY_zRw66WCwdyCrQ

pubby

If you don't think that the current situation in this country is highly volatile at this time and that the flames of violence haven't been fanned by those who have an agenda, then I have nothing to say, because you cannot help those who refuse to see or hear.

I am so sick and tired of those who preach, "we are a nation of laws, the police are not judge and jury, we have courts for that" and then when the legal system adjudicates a situation and the decision is not to these same people's liking, they then cry "it was rigged, it wasn't fair, it was a conspiracy".

You cannot have it both ways!

If you want the system to handle it, then by God when the system handles it, accept the system's decision without making excuses and attacks.

Ohhhh, and as far as I am concerned, my personal opinion is that all the protesters and "give peace a chance" and "flower power" sixty's people did more harm to this country than the enemies of the USA could have ever hoped to do.

And we are currently reaping the fruits of the seeds that were sown back in those days.

Rant over.

• Like 7

If you don't think that the current situation in this country is highly volatile at this time and that the flames of violence haven't been fanned by those who have an agenda, then I have nothing to say, because you cannot help those who refuse to see or hear.

The current situation is due to what has gone around in New York, stradial, and I just posted what the United States Supreme Court did after a long address by John Quincy Adams, in 1841.

People suffered from injustice, even over 2000 years ago. Injustice didn't start with the two cops being killed, in New York.

Edited by The Postman

The current situation is due to what has gone around in New York, stradial, and I just posted what the United States Supreme Court did after a long address by John Quincy Adams, in 1841.

People suffered from injustice, even over 2000 years ago. Injustice didn't start with the two cops being killed, in New York.

God bless your heart.

The gunman was black and is believed to have belonged to the Black Guerrilla Family, an offshoot of the Black Panther Party started in the 60's. The gunman is also suspected of shooting his girlfriend in Baltimore early Saturday before going to NYC. The names of the NYPD officers have not been released yet, but I read one was male and the other female.

So now it's a race issue? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say this wasn't about race?

• Like 1

So now it's a race issue? Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you say this wasn't about race?

It is not about race but those with an agenda are making it about race. They are the ones who are causing an environment dangerous to law enforcement and citizens alike. That is their goal in my opinion.

An agenda? Do you have proof of this agenda? Can you elaborate? You mean like anarchists or "sovereign citizens" protecting their land? Who are the leaders of this agenda? Specifically what can you quote from these leaders that says they support cop killing? If the frequency of tragically killing unarmed "innocent" people or petty criminals without consequences would cease, the healing could begin. It doesn't matter if it's the black community or the "sovereign citizens".

Edited by Domestic Violence by Proxy

An agenda? Do you have proof of this agenda? Can you elaborate? You mean like anarchists or "sovereign citizens" protecting their land? Who are the leaders of this agenda? Specifically what can you quote from these leaders that says they support cop killing? If the frequency of tragically killing unarmed innocent people without consequences would cease, the healing could begin. It doesn't matter if it's the black community or the "sovereign citizens".

You can watch a video right here on p.com that showed the chanting by protesters for the killing of cops. Ferguson was burned by folks who have an agenda. If you can't see it then I can't help you.

You can watch a video right here on p.com that showed the chanting by protesters for the killing of cops. Ferguson was burned by folks who have an agenda. If you can't see it then I can't help you.

I see none of the leaders mentioned chanting kill the cops in a video. There are some disturbed reactionaries but I don't think any of them are equipped to do more than vent. Burning property could be an insurance scam as much as actual vandalism. Property can always be replaced. Lost lives cannot.

I see none of the leaders mentioned chanting kill the cops in a video. There are some disturbed reactionaries but I don't think any of them are equipped to do more than vent. Burning property could be an insurance scam as much as actual vandalism. Property can always be replaced. Lost lives cannot.

So you think the killing of these 2 cops was done by someone who was not equipped to do it? There are a lot more like him out there. Obvious you and I are not on the same page.

pubby

Pubby you got the groups who are causing the current trouble wrong. It is coming from the left not the right.

No leaders calling for killing folks huh? Might want to read this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/farrakhan-refers-ferguson-jefferson-speech-article-1.2028896

• Like 1

I am so sick and tired of those who preach, "we are a nation of laws, the police are not judge and jury, we have courts for that" and then when the legal system adjudicates a situation and the decision is not to these same people's liking, they then cry "it was rigged, it wasn't fair, it was a conspiracy".

You cannot have it both ways!

If you want the system to handle it, then by God when the system handles it, accept the system's decision without making excuses and attacks.

Ohhhh, and as far as I am concerned, my personal opinion is that all the protesters and "give peace a chance" and "flower power" sixty's people did more harm to this country than the enemies of the USA could have ever hoped to do.

And we are currently reaping the fruits of the seeds that were sown back in those days.

Rant over.

Good post.

Especially the last paragraph.