Paulding.com

Wish me luck

Hello, I'm home.

They injected me before the surgery with (you have to forgive me, I can't think of the correct name) some kind of dye. During surgery that dye showed my lymph nodes in my armpit. The doctor took a quick biopsy of the nodes and sent it to the pathologist for a quick look see as she was taking out the cancer in my breast.

It came back positive. The cancer spread to the lymph nodes in my armpit and all of them had to come out.

I have two about 4, 5 inch cuts on my breast and armpit. I have some kind of little plastic doohickie hooked up to me for drainage.

They told me I did great in surgery, but in recovery they kept trying to get me to cough because my oxygen level kept dipping low.

That is the only thing I know about, so I would say everything went off without a hitch. :)

Thank you EVERYONE, for the well wishes, positive thoughts, and just being there for me, in prayers. You guys are the best when someone is going through a situation.

I don't like the way I look, the dip in my breast is to big for me, but I'm trying not to focus on that, and focus on how

they found, conquered this ugly disease.

I took the pain meds twice while I've been home, but this morning, so far, I don't want any.

Oh, they did tell me I called the juice doctor (Anesthesiologist) Hannable Lectur. Why? I don't have a clue.

Lucky you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy your surgery went well and I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Hannibal Lecter? That's hilarious!

Big, huge hugs sent to you. :wub: :wub:

• Like 1

Lucky you'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so happy your surgery went well and I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

Hannibal Lecter? That's hilarious!

Big, huge hugs sent to you. :wub: :wub:

I completely agree! I will be keeping you in my prayers. And not to bring up a sore subject (pun intended), but what about the biopsy on the other boobie? Did they do that at the same time?

My mother has lopsided boobies from her lumpectomy. It bugs her sometimes, and you can use a prosthetic padded bra thingy (like a falsie?) to make it look more normal. But considering it's been 17 1/2 years since her boobies got lopsided, she doesn't mind. And we DEFINITELY don't mind. :) :wub:

• Like 1

The biopsy on my left breast came out benign.

They said I had stage two cancer but now on the papers it said, Stage 3A because it spread to the lymph nodes. Oh well, it's gone, and I can move on.

I don't know when radiation starts, I'm not looking forward to that at all, since I have to go every day for 30 days, because they won't give you the bubble (can't think of the right name) when you have cancer in the nodes. I will find out everything when I go back to the surgeon sometime next week.

Thank you everyone, you guys are wonderful for the prayers, love, and standing by me.

• Like 3

Praise the Lord for the benign biopsy!!! That is fantastic news!!!

RE: radiation - from my mother and everyone else I've heard of who had it, the only bad parts are a) having to go every day, and 2) it makes you tired. My mother, who is a stoic Indian (feather, not dot), cried many days for no reason. Made her mad as heck. :D But it's super easy, and once they get the little dots marked where it'll be aimed, it doesn't take long at all.

Bless your heart...this is so annoying, besides being scary. That drain hookup thingy is annoying...Mother had one with that surgery and with her broken arm/metal plate surgery she had recently. But they do a lot of good in keeping away blood clots, so there's that.

I really am so happy about your 2nd biopsy. :wub:

• Like 2