Paulding.com

A few serious questions.

If Micheal Brown had not robbed a convenience store minutes before he encountered the Ferguson police officer, if Brown had gotten out of the middle of the road, without any smart remarks and attitude, when told to do so by the police officer, if Brown when told to come over to the police car had not probably been afraid he was going to get busted for stealing and had done so peaceable, if Brown had not attacked the police officer and tried to wrestle the policeman's gun away from him....would we have had the riots, the looting and the burnings the first go around and then the debate over what exactly happened, did the grand jury get it right, the riots and the looting that is going on this time around (along with who knows what else before it is over), if Micheal Brown had not done what he did, would he still be alive and would these other things have never happened?

If your answer is yes, and quite frankly, I fail to see how it could be anything but a yes, then I ask you these questions.

Who really is to blame for all this mess and Micheal Brown being dead?

Could it possible be Micheal Brown himself?

After all, did he not start the rock that crushed out his life and caused the rest of the mayhem, rolling himself?

So why in the heck are these people protesting, rioting and looting and saying there is no justice?

Shouldn't they be protesting youths who steal and attack law enforcement officers?

• Like 4

If Micheal Brown had not robbed a convenience store minutes before he encountered the Ferguson police officer, if Brown had gotten out of the middle of the road, without any smart remarks and attitude, when told to do so by the police officer, if Brown when told to come over to the police car had not probably been afraid he was going to get busted for stealing and had done so peaceable, if Brown had not attacked the police officer and tried to wrestle the policeman's gun away from him....would we have had the riots, the looting and the burnings the first go around and then the debate over what exactly happened, did the grand jury get it right, the riots and the looting that is going on this time around (along with who knows what else before it is over), if Micheal Brown had not done what he did, would he still be alive and would these other things have never happened?

If your answer is yes, and quite frankly, I fail to see how it could be anything but a yes, then I ask you these questions.

After all, did he not start the rock that crushed out his life and caused the rest of the mayhem, rolling himself?

So why in the heck are these people protesting, rioting and looting and saying there is no justice?

Shouldn't they be protesting youths who steal and attack law enforcement officers?

All the information from the news. I like how they are the lawyer, judge, jury, and you believed every single word they reported. NICE!!

Peace out!

All the information from the news. I like how they are the lawyer, judge, jury, and you believed every single word they reported. NICE!!

Peace out!

If I have any of the facts wrong, I would like to correct the errors.

Please advise where I am incorrect, I tried to only state known facts, but I could have made a mistake.

The second part of this is the logic displayed by many of the "legal analysts" on the various news stations. Most are professionals of some sort and most hold a law degree. They always point to the fact that young black males are more likely to be imprisoned and more likely to be shot by the police as some of the basis for this outrage the community shares. What they always ignore is the current generation of young black males is the most violent group seen in this country in a long time. They are being jailed because they are committing more crime, they are being shot because of their violent response to authority, they are killing their peers at a rate which is quite shocking, they are destroying their neighborhoods with the persistent criminal behavior. When it became racist to point out the truth is when we had a problem.

• Like 2

If I have any of the facts wrong, I would like to correct the errors.

Please advise where I am incorrect, I tried to only state known facts, but I could have made a mistake.

That is a great example of the problem.

A logical person says stop the crime epidemic and stop the violent attacks if you do not want to be arrested or shot. The cops are simply reacting to the communities they serve.

The irrational people like to think that the group is being picked on for no reason. They point the blame to the cops for doing their job. They want the crimes to be ignore and the officers just to be good victims for these thugs. Ask most and they will claim crime is pretty much the same everywhere and young black males are arrested and have force used on them more because of a racist police force.

Michael Brown is dead. Nothing is going to bring him back.

What will keep other young, stupid kids from acting in such a way as to get them killed by potentially overzealous cops who are quick to pull the trigger.

I still feel he should have been indicted and and aggressively prosecuted knowing that in the end, he would likely be judged innocent.

So why go through this 'theater' and have the officer and his attorney fight for their innocence?

Two reasons. The narrative of the officer justifying the shooting (assuming of course it would be) would be a good lesson for all the stupid young kids who in most cases can avoid such a future.

The second reason is that officers need fewer incentives to use deadly force.

pubby

The ONLY person to blame for Michael Browns death is Michael Brown himself. A family lost a son and for them, this is beyond horrible. But the fact remains that MB was a criminal and a thug and unfortunately a violent death is how many, many just like him end up. Is that fault of society or their own?

And don't anybody start with, 'OOOHHHHHH, he was poor, from a bad background, blah, blah, blah, it's just what he knew'. BULLS$%T!!!!!!!! People know right from wrong regardless of their background and it's a lame a$$ excuse to believe otherwise.

• Like 7

What will keep other young, stupid kids from acting in such a way as to get them killed by potentially overzealous cops who are quick to pull the trigger.

I still feel he should have been indicted and and aggressively prosecuted knowing that in the end, he would likely be judged innocent.

So why go through this 'theater' and have the officer and his attorney fight for their innocence?

Two reasons. The narrative of the officer justifying the shooting (assuming of course it would be) would be a good lesson for all the stupid young kids who in most cases can avoid such a future.

pubby

What will will help stop these kids from being shot by law enforcement is their parents teaching them to respect law enforcement and the community enforcing strong penalties for running and trying to evade the police.

While running or fighting with the police is something that has always happened, if you speak to law enforcement officers with 20 plus years of service you will find that this is become something that happens regularly rather than occasionally.

It is all about what the kids are taught growing up, what they see modeled in their home by their parents.

Sadly however, the majority of these kids have only one parent, if that.

• Like 1

Micheal Brown is to blame.

They don't want justice, they want free shiit. It's the culture they have been trained to accept.

pubby

So even though the grand jury found that the evidence does not warrant an indictment; you think we should have put on an expensive dog and pony show just to appease the protesters?

What does that say about your support for the rule of law?

All that would have accomplished was to foster even more drama for the media to feed on. And the scumbags still would have rioted.

At least you didn't call us racists (yet).

pubby

If memory serves me correctly, the Rodney King riots started after the trial of the officers!!!!

So much for your theory. All of these riots are merely 'Crimes of opportunity',,, any old excuse will do!

If memory serves me correctly, the Rodney King riots started after the trial of the officers!!!!

So much for your theory. All of these riots are merely 'Crimes of opportunity',,, any old excuse will do!

You can tell by what is looted what this is about, McDonalds, liquor stores, Dominoes Pizza, etc.

You can tell by what is looted what this is about, McDonalds, liquor stores, Dominoes Pizza, etc.

The list;

St.Louis Fish & Chicken Grill

Family Dollar

Dollar Tree

O’Reilly’s Auto Parts

Beauty Mart

A.J. & R. Pawn Shop

Walgreens

FedEx

Cakes and More [Natalie DuBose’s store]

cake.png

JC Wireless

AT&T

STL Bread Company

Conoco

Auto Buy Credit

Phillips 66

McDonald’s

Red’s Barbecue

Taco Bell

CVS

Beauty Town

Little Caesar’s

Ferguson Liquor

Public Storage

Sam’s Meat Market

Medicine Shop

Commerce Bank

Auto Zone

Toys R Us

Amoco

Quiznos

Dellwood Market

Chop Suey restaurant

TitleMax

Antonio French’s Heal Stl Community Center

Edited by Cranemec

The list;

St.Louis Fish & Chicken Grill

Family Dollar

Dollar Tree

O’Reilly’s Auto Parts

Beauty Mart

A.J. & R. Pawn Shop

Walgreens

FedEx

Cakes and More [Natalie DuBose’s store]

cake.png

JC Wireless

AT&T

STL Bread Company

Conoco

Auto Buy Credit

Phillips 66

McDonald’s

Red’s Barbecue

Taco Bell

CVS

Beauty Town

Little Caesar’s

Ferguson Liquor

Public Storage

Sam’s Meat Market

Medicine Shop

Commerce Bank

Auto Zone

Toys R Us

Amoco

Quiznos

Dellwood Market

Chop Suey restaurant

TitleMax

Antonio French’s Heal Stl Community Center

Yep, nothing says protesting for justice like that list!

This outburst has set race relations back in this country immeasurably. While there are people, black and white, who apparently think the police are the problem with the black community and people like Brown should be able to rob and attack people at will without consequence, they are the minority. There are loads of people out there who understand no matter how tragic it is, Brown is the one responsible for the outcome and his willingness to attack everyone from a storekeeper to an officer was his downfall. Many of those people who had a hope the black community could pull out of this funk they are in are now starting to believe it is a lost cause due to the overwhelming skewed view of the world that has been displayed and their willingness to incite violence and destruction.

The inner city black community is literally taking steps backwards every day. They kill their own at an unprecedented rate, they learn to live off welfare, their communities are so violent in many places it could be a 3rd world country, they hold disdain for LE because they arrest their young men at a high rate. What they ignore is black males who make up no more than 6% of the total population are responsible for over 50% of our murders, 50% of our robberies, 1/3rd of our rapes. It is astounding to think that small of a group could have such a large impact overall. If you want to narrow it down even more you can. The offenders are normally young black males which splits that in half again making 3% of our populations responsible for nearly half of all violent crime in the nation. Young black males die at a shocking rate. However it is not at the hands of the police, for every 10 black males killed 9.3 were at the hands of another black male. There is a problem with this community which is now deep rooted, however it is not the police.

• Like 2

What will will help stop these kids from being shot by law enforcement is their parents teaching them to respect law enforcement and the community enforcing strong penalties for running and trying to evade the police.

While running or fighting with the police is something that has always happened, if you speak to law enforcement officers with 20 plus years of service you will find that this is become something that happens regularly rather than occasionally.

It is all about what the kids are taught growing up, what they see modeled in their home by their parents.

Sadly however, the majority of these kids have only one parent, if that.

Bang bang, your dead ...No I'm not ...  is a famously trite line from the 'play' performed by kids since before I was born and that was some time ago.  It is called cops and robbers and it is a chase game  that I'm sure folks still play.  Similar to that game ... where the imaginary bullets never truly find their mark ... are the modern self-indulged renditions that also fail to teach the harsh realities of the deadly game of cops and robbers in virtual streets of your PlayStation edition of grand theft auto xx.

Two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference.  I know that trust regarding information is critical and some practical information/knowledge is not effectively imparted in the schools because the subject matter is controversial ... or adults and society don't want people to know.  Sex education is one of those guarded information sets and individual rights and responsibilities are another.  It has been patently obvious since the days when the SCOTUS required officers to recite the Miranda warnings that practical understanding of civics as taught in our schools was woefully inadequate.

The point, I guess, is that we don't teach kids how or why they can't play cops and robbers they way they do among themselves or even in video games ... and society tends to ignore the subject as well which ultimately sets up a lot of kids for failure in the way they maneuver through society.  Because they don't know to shut up, do what you're told and ask for an attorney (to shut the cops up), they find themselves stupidly trying to talk or resist.  Ask if you can go and if the cop says no, shut up, comply and ask for a lawyer.  

So even though the grand jury found that the evidence does not warrant an indictment; you think we should have put on an expensive dog and pony show just to appease the protesters?

What does that say about your support for the rule of law?

All that would have accomplished was to foster even more drama for the media to feed on. And the scumbags still would have rioted.

At least you didn't call us racists (yet).

First, GD, we know that there were no indictments because the DA in St. Louis County didn't want an indictment.  Frankly, if I ever were to find my actions of interest to a grand jury, I would so love to be treated like Darren Wilson as to amaze.  I mean DA's generally seek indictments and control dramatically the information that the grand jury gets to review.  There is rarely, if ever, an effort to provide the grand jury with exculpatory information because ... well, the DA wants the indictment.

We all may say, this is the way that all DAs should present cases to grand juries but the plain fact is that this is probably the first case to be presented to a grand jury as if it was a petit jury in a criminal case in the past 240 years of the USA as a nation.  Yes, it may be the right way but it is not the norm by any stretch.

Anyway, I'm sure the DA presented all the information to the grand jury but I'm pretty sure he didn't present what he said ... the arguments and advice in regard the law that he told them.  I suspect he read them the existing law granting LEO wide latitude in the use of deadly force and told them, I don't care what you think, I'll lose any case you indict upon because of that ... i.e. the grand jury was never going to indict because the DA didn't want them to.

Yep, nothing says protesting for justice like that list!

I saw at least couple of predatory lenders on the list that torching might be appropriate.

In fact one of my favorite movie beginnings is from the movie Michael. It starts when he walks in with Maureen Stapleton to ask for help with the mortgage on her motel. They are turned down.

First, GD, we know that there were no indictments because the DA in St. Louis County didn't want an indictment. Frankly, if I ever were to find my actions of interest to a grand jury, I would so love to be treated like Darren Wilson as to amaze. I mean DA's generally seek indictments and control dramatically the information that the grand jury gets to review. There is rarely, if ever, an effort to provide the grand jury with exculpatory information because ... well, the DA wants the indictment.

We all may say, this is the way that all DAs should present cases to grand juries but the plain fact is that this is probably the first case to be presented to a grand jury as if it was a petit jury in a criminal case in the past 240 years of the USA as a nation. Yes, it may be the right way but it is not the norm by any stretch.

Anyway, I'm sure the DA presented all the information to the grand jury but I'm pretty sure he didn't present what he said ... the arguments and advice in regard the law that he told them. I suspect he read them the existing law granting LEO wide latitude in the use of deadly force and told them, I don't care what you think, I'll lose any case you indict upon because of that ... i.e. the grand jury was never going to indict because the DA didn't want them to.

We know? Just how do we know?

Bang bang, your dead ...No I'm not ... is a famously trite line from the 'play' performed by kids since before I was born and that was some time ago. It is called cops and robbers and it is a chase game that I'm sure folks still play. Similar to that game ... where the imaginary bullets never truly find their mark ... are the modern self-indulged renditions that also fail to teach the harsh realities of the deadly game of cops and robbers in virtual streets of your PlayStation edition of grand theft auto xx.

Two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference. I know that trust regarding information is critical and some practical information/knowledge is not effectively imparted in the schools because the subject matter is controversial ... or adults and society don't want people to know. Sex education is one of those guarded information sets and individual rights and responsibilities are another. It has been patently obvious since the days when the SCOTUS required officers to recite the Miranda warnings that practical understanding of civics as taught in our schools was woefully inadequate.

The point, I guess, is that we don't teach kids how or why they can't play cops and robbers they way they do among themselves or even in video games ... and society tends to ignore the subject as well which ultimately sets up a lot of kids for failure in the way they maneuver through society. Because they don't know to shut up, do what you're told and ask for an attorney (to shut the cops up), they find themselves stupidly trying to talk or resist. Ask if you can go and if the cop says no, shut up, comply and ask for a lawyer.

First, GD, we know that there were no indictments because the DA in St. Louis County didn't want an indictment. Frankly, if I ever were to find my actions of interest to a grand jury, I would so love to be treated like Darren Wilson as to amaze. I mean DA's generally seek indictments and control dramatically the information that the grand jury gets to review. There is rarely, if ever, an effort to provide the grand jury with exculpatory information because ... well, the DA wants the indictment.

We all may say, this is the way that all DAs should present cases to grand juries but the plain fact is that this is probably the first case to be presented to a grand jury as if it was a petit jury in a criminal case in the past 240 years of the USA as a nation. Yes, it may be the right way but it is not the norm by any stretch.

Anyway, I'm sure the DA presented all the information to the grand jury but I'm pretty sure he didn't present what he said ... the arguments and advice in regard the law that he told them. I suspect he read them the existing law granting LEO wide latitude in the use of deadly force and told them, I don't care what you think, I'll lose any case you indict upon because of that ... i.e. the grand jury was never going to indict because the DA didn't want them to.

I saw at least couple of predatory lenders on the list that torching might be appropriate.

In fact one of my favorite movie beginnings is from the movie Michael. It starts when he walks in with Maureen Stapleton to ask for help with the mortgage on her motel. They are turned down.

Two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference.

And here we see why we have these problems today. Refusal to admit what one of the causes of the problem is.

You can't solve a problem if you do not recognize and admit what is helping cause the problem.

Like an alcoholic, who says, "Drinking is not my problem, the're my problem. If they would just; stop doing, start doing or leave me alone (pick one); I wouldn't drink so much." That person is doomed to be a drunk.

..we know that there were no indictments because the DA in St. Louis County didn't want an indictment.

..but I'm pretty sure he didn't present what he said ... the arguments and advice in regard the law that he told them. I suspect he read them the existing law granting LEO wide latitude in the use of deadly force and told them, I don't care what you think, I'll lose any case you indict upon because of that ... i.e. the grand jury was never going to indict because the DA didn't want them to.

That's sooo far fetched.

The eyes of the entire country is upon this DA and this Grand Jury, including the US Justice Department and the President of The United States of America, and he decided to not do his job in order to.....what? Protect a white police officer that he had probably never heard of before this happened?

He was willing to risk his career, his reputation, a possible jail term for misconduct or at the very least disbarment, his life and everything, for a man he doesn't even know?

Whewwww, now that is some white brotherhood.

How come it doesn't apply to me when I get a traffic ticket?

That is a whole lot less noticeable and yet, the white cop gave me one, the white DA said I deserved one and the white judge found me guilty and fined me and last but not least, a white man took my money for my fine.

I guess I need to file a complaint with the white brotherhood, I ain't getting my dues money worth.

Please remember this statement the next time you think about telling someone to not make any comments about guilt before the facts are in.

This outburst has set race relations back in this country immeasurably. While there are people, black and white, who apparently think the police are the problem with the black community and people like Brown should be able to rob and attack people at will without consequence, they are the minority. There are loads of people out there who understand no matter how tragic it is, Brown is the one responsible for the outcome and his willingness to attack everyone from a storekeeper to an officer was his downfall. Many of those people who had a hope the black community could pull out of this funk they are in are now starting to believe it is a lost cause due to the overwhelming skewed view of the world that has been displayed and their willingness to incite violence and destruction.

The inner city black community is literally taking steps backwards every day. They kill their own at an unprecedented rate, they learn to live off welfare, their communities are so violent in many places it could be a 3rd world country, they hold disdain for LE because they arrest their young men at a high rate. What they ignore is black males who make up no more than 6% of the total population are responsible for over 50% of our murders, 50% of our robberies, 1/3rd of our rapes. It is astounding to think that small of a group could have such a large impact overall. If you want to narrow it down even more you can. The offenders are normally young black males which splits that in half again making 3% of our populations responsible for nearly half of all violent crime in the nation. Young black males die at a shocking rate. However it is not at the hands of the police, for every 10 black males killed 9.3 were at the hands of another black male. There is a problem with this community which is now deep rooted, however it is not the police.

And liberal news sources are feeding the frenzy. Young people think this thug died with his hands up and that is a lie repeated by the media.

pubby

A trial in this matter would be nothing but theater. Every day of a trial on this would have done nothing more than fan the flames of racism. The liberal news media had been doing just that the entire time since the day Brown was shot to this very day. People like you claiming there should be a trial on this are continuing to fan the flames of racism.

This president and his AG have set race relations back immeasurably.

:good:

• Like 1

This reminds me of Katrina. I knew, as did everyone else that actually lived in the area, that many of those folks stayed behind to loot and cause havoc, not because there weren't enough government busses offering free rides out of town. Everyone knew it was coming, but the media made it seem like these poor helpless people were just frustrated and took to looting.

Last night, everyone and their moms knew what was going to go down. Is it racist to know exactly what was going to happen before it happened? There were no surprises here. Any advances that have been made in race relations were set back 40 years. The old adage of "it's not a stereotype if it's true" played out live in HD last night for the whole world to see.

This reminds me of Katrina. I knew, as did everyone else that actually lived in the area, that many of those folks stayed behind to loot and cause havoc, not because there weren't enough government busses offering free rides out of town. Everyone knew it was coming, but the media made it seem like these poor helpless people were just frustrated and took to looting.

Last night, everyone and their moms knew what was going to go down. Is it racist to know exactly what was going to happen before it happened? There were no surprises here. Any advances that have been made in race relations were set back 40 years. The old adage of "it's not a stereotype if it's true" played out live in HD last night for the whole world to see.

Looters in NO included police officers.

Bang bang, your dead ...No I'm not ... is a famously trite line from the 'play' performed by kids since before I was born and that was some time ago. It is called cops and robbers and it is a chase game that I'm sure folks still play. Similar to that game ... where the imaginary bullets never truly find their mark ... are the modern self-indulged renditions that also fail to teach the harsh realities of the deadly game of cops and robbers in virtual streets of your PlayStation edition of grand theft auto xx.

Two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference. I know that trust regarding information is critical and some practical information/knowledge is not effectively imparted in the schools because the subject matter is controversial ... or adults and society don't want people to know. Sex education is one of those guarded information sets and individual rights and responsibilities are another. It has been patently obvious since the days when the SCOTUS required officers to recite the Miranda warnings that practical understanding of civics as taught in our schools was woefully inadequate.

The point, I guess, is that we don't teach kids how or why they can't play cops and robbers they way they do among themselves or even in video games ... and society tends to ignore the subject as well which ultimately sets up a lot of kids for failure in the way they maneuver through society. Because they don't know to shut up, do what you're told and ask for an attorney (to shut the cops up), they find themselves stupidly trying to talk or resist. Ask if you can go and if the cop says no, shut up, comply and ask for a lawyer.

I can no longer tell if you are trying to be funny or if you are the joke.

If you said the things above in jest, it didn't really come across.

If you said the things above and were serious . . . it's just scary and sad.

You can try to assign blame to everything but the criminal, but in the end only the criminal is to blame.

Your rabbit trail about "two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference" . . . certainly you don't believe that.

In most cases, it makes all the difference.

And I have no clue why you brought up sex education, unless it to suggest sex education might keep the idiots of society from reproducing.

You're all over the map . . . and evidently it's a map of Crazy Town.

• Like 1

You can try to assign blame to everything but the criminal, but in the end only the criminal is to blame.

Your rabbit trail about "two parents, one parent or orphans, it makes little difference" . . . certainly you don't believe that.

And I have no clue why you brought up sex education, unless it to suggest sex education might keep the idiots of society from reproducing.

Tell the ex I said hello, she is the Queen of Crazy Land.

I'm not crazy and I'm not all over the map. the point was simple. Formal education is failing.

We learn our personalities from our parents but our acculturation comes from our peers (hence the insignificance of parents). Since that is also the role of our formal public education, the SCOTUS decision requiring people who are arrested be read their Miranda rights is an indictment of our educational system.

It is obvious I should limit the length of sentences for your benefit. More complex structures obviously confuse you.

pubby

It is obvious I should limit the length of sentences for your benefit. More complex structures obviously confuse you.

pubby

No, my friend - complex sentence structure is not the problem . . .

It's the nonsensical spin - which makes me dizzy - that is the problem.

• Like 2

No, my friend - complex sentence structure is not the problem . . .

It's the nonsensical spin - which makes me dizzy - that is the problem.

Spin that is fed by the DNC mother ship.