Paulding.com

new berry college eagle thread

• Has anyone noticed that one of the eagles seems to have something wrong with their left foot?

Mama eagle has an injured foot.

They aren't sure how it happened and even though it seems to bother her on occasion, she's thriving and raising young!

• Like 2
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I watched the landings web cam on the baby owls,they have just left the nest this week...while it's fun to watch these babies ( owls and Eagles) it's sad to see them leave the nest....but that's life,

How sweet..papa eagle brought mama eagle a valentines day gift breakfast in the nest lol... Funny how daddy eagle is displayed to be so fierce and powerful...but look at him sitting on his babies...he

Two babies now.....now to get through this nasty weather coming in

Posted Images

How sweet..papa eagle brought mama eagle a valentines day gift breakfast in the nest lol... Funny how daddy eagle is displayed to be so fierce and powerful...but look at him sitting on his babies...he has a sweet side too.

Edited by OSU
  • Like 3

This morning when Mom & Dad were off the nest (I think for food or a quick break), the eaglets were "playing" with each other - were have a pecking session with each other ...... TOO CUTE!!

Hope they are staying warm!

• Like 1

This morning when Mom & Dad were off the nest (I think for food or a quick break), the eaglets were "playing" with each other - were have a pecking session with each other ...... TOO CUTE!!

Hope they are staying warm!

from what I read they are not playing :cray: it is all about the fittest surviving...they say sometimes the strongest eaglet lives while the weaker one dies... :cray: I want both of them to live! But nature will take its course and what will be will be :cray:

from what I read they are not playing :cray: it is all about the fittest surviving...they say sometimes the strongest eaglet lives while the weaker one dies... :cray: I want both of them to live! But nature will take its course and what will be will be :cray:

They were both feeding really well earlier.

B5 is getting stronger.

I bet they are both going to do fine!

• Like 2

For everyone who is worried about B5 not getting enough food, look at the eaglets crop! The crop is a pouch located in the throat where food is stored for later feeding. An eagle does not chew and swallow its food into a stomach, but it swallows each piece whole and it is held inside the "crop" and released a small amount at a time into the gizzard, where it is ground fine and dispersed throughout its digestive tract. Just look at the little crops on B4 and B5! They both have a nice full crop. So B5 may look like he Is losing the battle but he is still getting his food and That is the most important thing, Soon he will learn to defend for himself.

Many of you are disturbed by the animal behavior exhibited by our two new eaglets. The older and larger sibling, B4, is aggressively targeting the younger sibling, B5, and preventing him from eating. We see that B5 is looking smaller and weaker and is unable to compete for food. This is very typical animal behavior and, while difficult to watch, is a perfec...t example of wild animal activity. We don't know the outcome of this sibling behavior but we can tolerate it better if we understand it. B4 is acting completely out of instinct...the instinct to survive.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

They are excellent parents. I love this eagle family so much! I also love Berry College. The campus is gorgeous. If I was an eagle... I would like to be there too.

Somehow I just unliked this post that I had previously liked! Now I'm out of likes and can't re-like it. I wish we had a different like system!

The babies are at that big ugly/gangly stage. :wub:

Somehow I just unliked this post that I had previously liked! Now I'm out of likes and can't re-like it. I wish we had a different like system!

The babies are at that big ugly/gangly stage. :wub:

I love watching them ...the parents are better then some human parents are..and the babies...well they are just like a lot of human kids lol.when the parents are away the little ones play, sometimes I get a little scared when they get close to the edge of the nest

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I just checked in on our beautiful Eagle family while ago.. The mom or dad is standing on the edge of the nest,

looks like they are blocking the wind from the babies. They are the best mom & dad. Gotta love them :wub:

Road trip to Rome hopefully soon :)

Edited by dallasbrowneyes

I watched the landings web cam on the baby owls,they have just left the nest this week...while it's fun to watch these babies ( owls and Eagles) it's sad to see them leave the nest....but that's life,and I'm glad they are strong and healthy.

• Like 3

worried about mama eagle...she left the nest it was still daylight and here it is almost 11 and she has not returned. babies alone in nest ,hope all is ok I would hate to see something so beautiful as they have been come to a bad end

Not sure but Just checked their face book & they said Mom flew in

about 8:30 tonight & then dad flew off.

There was an attack on the nest today by what they think was a red tailed hawk.

Some say a young Eagle but we saw the video on face book & looked like a hawk to us.

Hope & pray that our beautiful Berry Eagle family is safe

Will be checking in on them later.

Some say a young Eagle but we saw the video on face book & looked like a hawk to us.

Just watched that video, they said it was a young eagle about 3 years old. I wonder if that was the previous eaglet visiting?

yes mama and daddy sure put a boat load of whoopin on that intruder! great parents..and little(?) B4 was taking it all in..watching parents in action