Paulding.com

Care for me, and that is your prerogative. I am who I am, and I speak my mind. But, all that aside.

I come here to write and come to terms with something that is going on in my life, that I found out yesterday, and the one's that do tolerate me, can help me.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast yesterday. I'm not upset, matter of fact I'm very calm about it. You see, the first time I had cancer was at the age of 29, then again at 32, then my 40's, and now that I'm 50, I have it again. So, its almost like I'm getting use to having it.

I don't normally post anything personal about myself on here, besides most know me face to face any way.

My daughter took it very hard, my father is a person that keeps it inside and let it eat him up, then his BP raises from worrying. My son, he goes with the flow on EVERYTHING.

I have another appointment with the doctor/surgeon Thursday. I don't know what they possibly have to say or do at this point. Any hoot, when they did the biopsy, I slept right through it. I told them that I don't do well with pain, and trust me when I say, you don't want me to feel the pain. The doctor gave me a Valium of 10mg.

Here is the funny part. I fell asleep during registration and my daughter had to answer the questions. I fell asleep in the waiting room. I FELL ASLEEP WHEN I WAS GETTING MY MEMMOGRAM, yes, fell asleep standing up with my breast pressed in between the plates. They did the biopsy right after the mammogram, and I fell asleep as fast as my head hit the pillow and didn't hear, feel, a thing.

Here is the thing, as you all know, I'm weird, but I am me. Why is it I allow stupid little nothings get me going, but important things, don't phase me? I know I have always been a strong person in big situations, and allow things that are small get to me, until I lose it. Dumb!

So, this is my situation as of now, and just wanted some feed back, and know some of you care. Dumb, I know!!

Hey Lucky,

You keep being who you are. I appreciate your posts here.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this again. But, falling asleep during a mammogram is funny.

Just know people do care about you, and are praying for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. :wub:

Care for me, and that is your prerogative. I am who I am, and I speak my mind. But, all that aside.

I come here to write and come to terms with something that is going on in my life, that I found out yesterday, and the one's that do tolerate me, can help me.

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in my right breast yesterday. I'm not upset, matter of fact I'm very calm about it. You see, the first time I had cancer was at the age of 29, then again at 32, then my 40's, and now that I'm 50, I have it again. So, its almost like I'm getting use to having it.

I don't normally post anything personal about myself on here, besides most know me face to face any way.

My daughter took it very hard, my father is a person that keeps it inside and let it eat him up, then his BP raises from worrying. My son, he goes with the flow on EVERYTHING.

I have another appointment with the doctor/surgeon Thursday. I don't know what they possibly have to say or do at this point. Any hoot, when they did the biopsy, I slept right through it. I told them that I don't do well with pain, and trust me when I say, you don't want me to feel the pain. The doctor gave me a Valium of 10mg.

Here is the funny part. I fell asleep during registration and my daughter had to answer the questions. I fell asleep in the waiting room. I FELL ASLEEP WHEN I WAS GETTING MY MEMMOGRAM, yes, fell asleep standing up with my breast pressed in between the plates. They did the biopsy right after the mammogram, and I fell asleep as fast as my head hit the pillow and didn't hear, feel, a thing.

Here is the thing, as you all know, I'm weird, but I am me. Why is it I allow stupid little nothings get me going, but important things, don't phase me? I know I have always been a strong person in big situations, and allow things that are small get to me, until I lose it. Dumb!

So, this is my situation as of now, and just wanted some feed back, and know some of you care. Dumb, I know!!

Well, I like you and this is upsetting to say the least. You're in our thoughts, you can beat this. Again.

• Like 1

I don't know you but it sure seems you are a very strong woman. I speak my mind also and seem to be the outcast. Life is short why baby everyone when they really don't care. My heart goes out to you and I am here if you ever need me, honestly.

I'm sorry this is happening to you lucky but it sounds like you are a strong person who has already overcome many obstacles and I hope and pray you will overcome this also. God bless you and your courage!

Keep your chin up and know that you have a lot of people praying for you. I wish you only the best lucky - I will be praying for you daily and I'm sure there will be lots of others doing the same.

"Don't like you"????? I've got a dozen people on IGNORE out here, and you are NOT one of them. The only thing I ever disagreed with, was when you removed Paul Hogan as your avatar,,,, but that is so trivial.

I really hope they caught this one in its early stages and won't be too difficult to re-mediate.

Best of luck, and prayers sent..

Never met you but you sound a lot like me. I have danced to my own tune all my life. Been through 2 bouts of prostrate cancer and skin cancer and presently Have CLL ( leukemia) . I am more or less a realist, what will be will be, but I am optimostic that it will be all better. I wish nothing but the best for you!

I have no doubt it my mind that you will beat this . . . just like the rest.

Besides, I know you and I know you're tough enough to beat the hell out of cancer (or anything).

In the end, I sure wouldn't want to be in cancer's shoes right now.

"Don't like you"????? I've got a dozen people on IGNORE out here, and you are NOT one of them. The only thing I ever disagreed with, was when you removed Paul Hogan as your avatar,,,, but that is so trivial.

I really hope they caught this one in its early stages and won't be too difficult to re-mediate.

Best of luck, and prayers sent..

LMBO, my avatar was Brad Whitford of Aerosmith....I don't know who Paul Hogan is.

Thank you everyone! Each one of you touched my heart! :)

LMBO, my avatar was Brad Whitford of Aerosmith....I don't know who Paul Hogan is.

Thank you everyone! Each one of you touched my heart! :)

Brad Whitford by butt,,, that was Paul Hogan who played "Crocdile Dundee",,,, we've been through this before,,,,, 'member????

Brad Whitford by butt,,, that was Paul Hogan who played "Crocdile Dundee",,,, we've been through this before,,,,, 'member????

I am telling you I NEVER had a picture of a guy from that movie. I don't like that movie. I've had 3 avatars. 1. Brad Whitford, 2. a picture of a light, 3. the one I have now. You might be mixing me up with someone else. I don't know who is Paul Hogan.

You can post until you are blue in the face, and jump up and down. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANOTHER MAN AS MY AVATAR. ONLY BRAD WHITFORD. :)

I am telling you I NEVER had a picture of a guy from that movie. I don't like that movie. I've had 3 avatars. 1. Brad Whitford, 2. a picture of a light, 3. the one I have now. You might be mixing me up with someone else. I don't know who is Paul Hogan.

You can post until you are blue in the face, and jump up and down. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANOTHER MAN AS MY AVATAR. ONLY BRAD WHITFORD. :)

ROFL,,,, glad I could make you laugh,,, even just for a minute. :give_rose: :p :give_rose: :p

Idont know you personally but I do know cancer...my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And by the way I like you :D

Edited by OSU

Hang in there, you are a tough lady.

Wishing nothing but the best for you and your family.

Ditto here. I like you, Lucky, because you are honest. I value honesty above all other character qualities. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Like 1

I don't know you in real life but I've always liked you on this site. You are honest and take no crap from people. The only time you've ever pissed me off a little was when you said you were giving up Aerosmith. Signed, Steven Tyler's mom. :p

Seriously good luck to you. It sounds like you don't even take crap from cancer! Good for you!!!!!! :clapping:

Lucky, sounds to me like you have a loving, supportive family. Looks like you have plenty here who care about you too, include me in that group. Surround yourself with the positive, caring people in your life and forget about the rest. :wub:

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. Just know that you don't have to be tough all of the time. Give yourself permission to fall apart if you need to. I am praying for you and I am here. I may not have any great words of wisdom to offer but I'm a great listener. Now, go kick cancer's ass!!

• Like 3

So I get a call from the Breast Center and they moved my appt. from Friday at 1:30 to tomorrow at 10:30. I asked if it was positive and the girl said that the doctor has to tell me. I don't like that, just tell me over the damn phone. Any way, she said they moved my appt. to give me a peace of mind. I said, then it might be good news. The girl hesitated, then said, Dr. Robbins will go over everything with you tomorrow. I'M NOT LIKING THIS.

PRAY THAT I GET GOOD NEWS, AND THAT IT'S BENIGN!! :)

Sorry to hear this Lucky64 but i think women are like this. They let little things get to them and the big things they go into survival mode or denial mode. I pray you just fight the fight and get healthy and strong again then we look back and say how hard that was and unfair after the fact. Now my question is how did you spend you winnings from the scratch off's. Please tell me you did something special for your self with it.

Sorry to hear this Lucky64 but i think women are like this. They let little things get to them and the big things they go into survival mode or denial mode. I pray you just fight the fight and get healthy and strong again then we look back and say how hard that was and unfair after the fact. Now my question is how did you spend you winnings from the scratch off's. Please tell me you did something special for your self with it.

Gave most of it to my father, the rest, I went grocery shopping.

• Like 1